I went into a verizon store at the mall today and asked if they had any idea when the new 9650 / bold would be released for sale. The two store employees looked at me like I was an alien and had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about.

Are verizon workers really that clueless? Or is Verizon intentionally keeping them in the dark as far as upcoming phones?
    In defense of the reps, they probably haven't been told much. And like others have pointed out, for quite a few people it is just a job. I think if you were to go to a separate Verizon store they would likely be more helpful, as I know the 'stores' in the mall are pretty much just there to sell you a phone and that's about it. However, if they had the new 'Your Guide' book sitting there? Flip to page 3 and the Bold is there.
    05-16-10 05:26 PM
    I went into a verizon store at the mall today and asked if they had any idea when the new 9650 / bold would be released for sale. The two store employees looked at me like I was an alien and had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about.

Are verizon workers really that clueless? Or is Verizon intentionally keeping them in the dark as far as upcoming phones?
    Verizon hasn't given out any info on the phone so I wouldn't really expect them to know about this phone at all. If VZW doesn't tell them about the phone then they are obviously going to be clueless about it. Not everyone reads crackberry.
    05-16-10 05:26 PM
    In defense of the reps, they probably haven't been told much. And like others have pointed out, for quite a few people it is just a job. I think if you were to go to a separate Verizon store they would likely be more helpful, as I know the 'stores' in the mall are pretty much just there to sell you a phone and that's about it. However, if they had the new 'Your Guide' book sitting there? Flip to page 3 and the Bold is there.

Well if it is in the "Your Guide" book...shouldn't the employees at least know the phone is going to come out?
    05-16-10 05:47 PM

Until they get the word from the higher ups they'll stay silent. I was in the store a few days ago and the guy I spoke to was a manager. He went to his computer and checked the equipment guide screen that you can look at on your home computer and said I don't have any information. Then I was in a store yesterday and the girl in the store claimed the same thing. Its like they don't acknowledge that we are knowledgeable people when it comes to this device. I've been told "the bold is at&t" to "vzw isn't offering a bold". The girl in the store yesterday even after I showed her the vzw magazine still had nothing. She didn't even really attempt to know about the device. She said how about the tour? She even said the tour has wifi. I said since when laughing. You can't make mistakes like that. Its there job to know the product. I said why would I want that when the bold is about to drop. 2x the memory, wifi, trackpad & OS6 ready. She said " why do you want wifi?" I just left after that. I still think the best case scenario for vzw peeps is an announcement this week for release on 5/27.
    05-16-10 05:47 PM
    Well if it is in the "Your Guide" book...shouldn't the employees at least know the phone is going to come out?
    Not if they haven't received information on it. All it says is "Coming Soon." I snatched it from the stand
    05-16-10 05:51 PM
    I still think it is going to hit this week...stay tuned

I hope that Verizon will come out with it soon. Not even because I want it specifically. I was going to get the Tour at Walmart.... but they don't sell the Verizon Tour anymore. Neither does Best Buy apparently. Lame!

Now I'm hoping it will come out soon so that I can just get THIS phone from Walmart instead.
    05-16-10 06:07 PM
    I sure hope you're right!
    05-16-10 06:10 PM
    You sound like you have some inside info Bro. hmmmm?
    05-16-10 06:27 PM
    No real inside, just been following all the blogs and especially with Sprint releasing today, a week earlier than expected, something tells me Verizon isn't going to announce it and then release later, it will just be a release one morning and we will all be happy.

You sound like you have some inside info Bro. hmmmm?
    05-16-10 06:40 PM
    I hope that you are right, too!
    05-16-10 06:43 PM
    For the past couple of days, was actually wondering if it might get pushed to June, but with Sprint pushing out a week earlier than schedule, just wondering if this is to coincide with Verizon's release this week?

Stay tuned.....

I hope that you are right, too!
    05-16-10 08:33 PM
    For the past couple of days, was actually wondering if it might get pushed to June, but with Sprint pushing out a week earlier than schedule, just wondering if this is to coincide with Verizon's release this week?

Stay tuned.....
    I kinda agree with you. With everybody on sprint going to have this thing in their hands by the 23rd I think they announce on 5/20 for a release on 5/27. But don't anybody quote me. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news. Lol
    05-16-10 08:40 PM
    I'm new to these forms (as you can tell by this being my 1st post) I have been looking at blackberrys for a couple weeks now...debating about switching networks from verizon to at&t, the iphone vs a blackberry. You name it I probably thought of it.

I went into the verizon Saturday to find out about upgrading to a blackberry. The service rep was ready to sell me the tour. I was hesitant because of the stories ive read on the trackball plus I have a few friends who have the tour and I asked them if they have had issues with it to which each of them said yes. In the end I decided to hold off. I came home disappointed obviously that I wasn't a new owner of a blackberry but in the end it turned out to be a good thing. I don't know how I stumbled across the upcoming release of the Bold 9650 but I'm so glad I did. I hope all of you are right with saying verizon will release it soon. I really want this phone!
    05-16-10 09:17 PM
    No real inside, just been following all the blogs and especially with Sprint releasing today, a week earlier than expected, something tells me Verizon isn't going to announce it and then release later, it will just be a release one morning and we will all be happy.
    Sprint did not release a week early. It always was telesales and online for the 16th and stores on the 23rd.
    05-16-10 10:26 PM
    Agree completely! Tried Sprint in my area and the reception was poor. At that point, I wouldn't care if they offered free service, its only as good as the network its on.
    Yup. My uncle has Sprint and my mother and I can recall being on the phone with him and calls were dropped on two occasions, yet he claims he never has problems. My bro-in-law has a 9630 from Sprint and I'm sure he'll upgrade soon since I've been told him about it. Also doubt he'd mind paying full price for it either,but then again I don't really know much about the deals Sprint gives its customers. Pretty good as I can see. For example, with the annual upgrade. I don't think VZW has that. Wait a second, I think they do,but you got to pay more a month for your plan to get that option. Go figure And one more thing. I wonder what this new evo's going to do being the first 4g phone. The last time I checked yes, Sprints got the 4g but in what? 2 locations? Still pretty cool they got it first. I heard VZW not til next year and att is supposed to be soon if not 2 years.
    05-16-10 10:46 PM
    Until they get the word from the higher ups they'll stay silent. I was in the store a few days ago and the guy I spoke to was a manager. He went to his computer and checked the equipment guide screen that you can look at on your home computer and said I don't have any information. Then I was in a store yesterday and the girl in the store claimed the same thing. Its like they don't acknowledge that we are knowledgeable people when it comes to this device. I've been told "the bold is at&t" to "vzw isn't offering a bold". The girl in the store yesterday even after I showed her the vzw magazine still had nothing. She didn't even really attempt to know about the device. She said how about the tour? She even said the tour has wifi. I said since when laughing. You can't make mistakes like that. Its there job to know the product. I said why would I want that when the bold is about to drop. 2x the memory, wifi, trackpad & OS6 ready. She said " why do you want wifi?" I just left after that. I still think the best case scenario for vzw peeps is an announcement this week for release on 5/27.

HAHA!!! SOOOOO TRUEEEE THOUGH!!!!! I would have both called them dumb asses. The reps job isn't that hard and the manager was just pretending to be of service while being lazy. And you're right they're supposed to know their products. Misinform and confuse the customer and customer goes bye-bye. I know, I used to work for VZW through another store. The reps job is basically to sell you the phone according to your needs/wants. Like, if you like/need this then they'll sell you such and such a phone. She tried to divert your attention adn the conversation away from the 9650 by suggesting the tour(which I'm sure her boss instructed her to sell to get rid of the inventory). The reps are a bunch of lazy dumb asses. I went into the store one day and interrupted these 2 reps chatting about some verizon internet stuff and the guy told me to go to the front desk. Like, they were busy. In addition, on another visit(to the same store) about 15-30 minutes before closing the floor was empty. I went to the counter and glanced in the back to see what the commotion was and what I saw was most of the reps in the back socializing. I felt bad for the customer in front of me who was waiting to have his contacts transferred to his new cell. It only takes up to 5 minutes. I don't know how long he was waiting,but he was there before I got to the counter. I think the rep connected the phone and left early or was back there socializing/waiting til closing and forgot about the phone. I remember I got to see the manager there on another day and the guy looked young so that might explain the poor management going on there. Ugh, thats VZW for you in a nut shell.
    05-16-10 11:05 PM
    I don't think I want the 9650 anymore. I just found out it doesn't support multi-langauge and pc sync. But thats on the Sprint version. So maybe the VZW version will. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    05-16-10 11:07 PM
    Yup. My uncle has Sprint and my mother and I can recall being on the phone with him and calls were dropped on two occasions, yet he claims he never has problems. My bro-in-law has a 9630 from Sprint and I'm sure he'll upgrade soon since I've been told him about it. Also doubt he'd mind paying full price for it either,but then again I don't really know much about the deals Sprint gives its customers. Pretty good as I can see. For example, with the annual upgrade. I don't think VZW has that. Wait a second, I think they do,but you got to pay more a month for your plan to get that option. Go figure And one more thing. I wonder what this new evo's going to do being the first 4g phone. The last time I checked yes, Sprints got the 4g but in what? 2 locations? Still pretty cool they got it first. I heard VZW not til next year and att is supposed to be soon if not 2 years.
    Check it out:Sprint: First and Only Wireless 4G from a National Carrier
    05-16-10 11:08 PM
    I don't think I want the 9650 anymore. I just found out it doesn't support multi-langauge and pc sync. But thats on the Sprint version. So maybe the VZW version will. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    A 9650 is a 9650. The carrier makes very little difference with basic BB features (i.e. browser,multi-language, e-mail)
    05-16-10 11:11 PM
    A 9650 is a 9650. The carrier makes very little difference with basic BB features (i.e. browser,multi-language, e-mail)
    Oh ok. Now I remember, I just got confused when I read on some models.

And I do remember that Sprint commercial. Its got me thinking. Sprint has a head start and may be a real competator. May see VZW and att bumping heads not just with each other anymore,but now with Sprint.
    05-16-10 11:20 PM
    True. I havent had any problems in the years I've had VZW. I just wish the plans were more cost effective,but I guess you get what you pay for. No offense to Sprint,but it may be cheaper but the service doesn't always work and not for everyone.
    I've traveled all over the U.S. and never had a problem, don't know where you got that info. There are areas where every carrier has no coverage, that is to be expected.

4G lit up in Boston? � Boy Genius Report
    05-16-10 11:27 PM
    is this phone even being released by verizon! is all i'm worried about.
    05-17-10 12:16 AM
    Yes, it is. It is in their new 'Your Guide' for Spring/Summer 2010. I believe there are pictures of that floating all around here. And at WES 2010 there were Verizon branded 9650's.
    05-17-10 12:18 AM
    The fact that the 9650 and the samsung reality are both in the same catalog makes me think that it will come out before june, may 27th or 28th at the latest. If they release it that late I hope they at least confirm it by the 20th.
    I hope that this is the case. I can't see them waiting till JUNE. Or maybe I'm just getting my hopes up
    05-17-10 12:43 AM
    Yes, possibly sometime this week...stay tuned

05-17-10 06:02 AM
23,186 ... 176177178179180 ...