i bet vzw will be releasing the 9650 on may 23rd just like sprint... there is a logical explanation.. like many of u know the incredible is release today and the amount of hype thy've been putting behind it .. now way big red will release another smartphone 2 days after the incredible... thy want to squeeze as many dollars as possible out of incredible before they release another smartphone
    04-29-10 09:10 AM
    i bet vzw will be releasing the 9650 on may 23rd just like sprint... there is a logical explanation.. like many of u know the incredible is release today and the amount of hype thy've been putting behind it .. now way big red will release another smartphone 2 days after the incredible... thy want to squeeze as many dollars as possible out of incredible before they release another smartphone
    good point...but why would they even advertise 9650 at the same scale as Incredible? 9650 can just show up in their inventory, and none the wiser. BB sell themselves, especially without iPhone in the mix.

Any individual who buys a phone based on specifications only would probably go for Incredible. Anybody who gets 9650 is either a current BB owner, or are going for it because its the best BB phone RIM has to offer with Verizon, not because its a Blackberry 9650 - just "a" Blackberry.

If 9650 weren't there, they'd just go for Storm2 or Tour1.
    Last edited by reaborg; 04-29-10 at 09:39 AM.
    04-29-10 09:33 AM
    A lot of parents will buy BlackBerrys for their kids if their kids' friends have them because they don't have to pay as much for a large texting plan due to BBM. Like it or not, my personal speculation is that RIM will eventually have to incorporate a consumer subscriber base in order to survive in the future since sooner or later, individuals will want to just carry one phone that can do both work and play. Just a thought.
    im am not sure about that logic... remember a blackberry required a $29.99 bb plan.. i'd say majority of the parents dont think of bb as kid phones and are a high end cost... it'd be cheaper for them to buy a low to mid end phone and just pay the money for a txting plan... i dont think BBM alone justifies the bb plan.. i dont know any parents that have bought thier kids a Blackberry because their freinds have it bc most of the time even thier freinds dont have a blackberry
    04-29-10 10:07 AM
    Yeah like reaborg said it will just show up in their inventory and they will just sell it like that and when they are done promoting the Incredible the mostly maybe move on to promoting the 9650.
    04-29-10 10:08 AM
    I ( and this is just me ) have this feeling that Verizon is not going to treat this as a big deal release.
    04-29-10 10:19 AM
    Well, until they actually release this darn device we don't have much choice otherwise.

And Tourboy: keep the thread going as long as it takes brotha.
    04-29-10 10:38 AM
    I was at the local Verizon shop today and was informed by one of the workers that they have the new bold in the back the just have to wait until the first to release. It may have been complete BS but who knows I guess we will find out.
    04-29-10 10:39 AM
    I was at the local Verizon shop today and was informed by one of the workers that they have the new bold in the back the just have to wait until the first to release. It may have been complete BS but who knows I guess we will find out.

Fingers crossed...
    04-29-10 10:45 AM
    I ( and this is just me ) have this feeling that Verizon is not going to treat this as a big deal release.
    I agree with you & I don't think VZW is going to make a big deal out of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 10:58 AM
    Fingers Crossed x2

04-29-10 11:00 AM
    Just called the Verizon Wireless store in Jericho NY, and they have no info on the phone (Bold 9650) at all. They said they don't know when or if the phone will be released. I find it amazing how many different answers people get and info they post.
    04-29-10 11:11 AM
    yeah in Charlotte, NC the guy i spoke to at a Verizon store said it is rumored that it will come out at the end of May. Then he said but it was rumored to be coming out in December... This sucks... I want a new phone meow
    04-29-10 11:26 AM
    Just called the Verizon Wireless store in Jericho NY, and they have no info on the phone (Bold 9650) at all. They said they don't know when or if the phone will be released. I find it amazing how many different answers people get and info they post.

I had a store rep tell me it was already released in February, but only on Sprint. I'm dead serious.

I'm convinced most of these folks only wear nametags so they can remember how to spell their own names. (Sorry, just a leeeeeeetle bit anxious...)

MG
    04-29-10 11:34 AM
    Probably some stores are willing to leak info & others aren't.

04-29-10 11:40 AM
    I declare this post #4000!
    04-29-10 12:09 PM
    Mines the 4,000th Reply

Last edited by Cross; 04-29-10 at 12:23 PM.
    04-29-10 12:12 PM
    "While quantities last"---must be getting close.
    04-29-10 12:13 PM
    Yeah like reaborg said it will just show up in their inventory and they will just sell it like that and when they are done promoting the Incredible the mostly maybe move on to promoting the 9650.
    i guess all our questions will in answered in a day or 2
    04-29-10 12:13 PM
    Cross, czhao23's is the 4000th post; yours is the 4000th reply. Now, if they'll hurry up and release this thing, we'll be able to stop worrying about the post count rising.
    04-29-10 12:14 PM
    i guess all our questions will in answered in a day or 2
    Yes we will. I'm keeping My fingers crossed!

04-29-10 12:22 PM
    Cross, czhao23's is the 4000th post; yours is the 4000th reply. Now, if they'll hurry up and release this thing, we'll be able to stop worrying about the post count rising.
    I edited my post haha!

04-29-10 12:23 PM
    Just to add to the whole "VZW Rep. told me this" gossip:
    I called my local VZW retail store, and the guy told me that they have been trying to get Bold since November. They have not heard anything about its release yet. He also mentioned that every phone they get, they hear about it at least 2-3 weeks in advance. They have not yet heard about when the 9650 will be releasing for VZW.

I told him Sprint is releasing in May. And he said, they may as well get it in May, but he doesn't know when.

Love all the inconclusive facts!
    04-29-10 12:24 PM
    "While quantities last"---must be getting close.
    It has been there for a little while now
    04-29-10 12:27 PM
    would verizon just drop it on us on the 1st with no press release beforehand? they ever do anything like that before?
    04-29-10 12:33 PM
    would verizon just drop it on us on the 1st with no press release beforehand? they ever do anything like that before?
    Yeah I'm sure they will do that. Since we all know that it's coming out already. Haha!

04-29-10 12:47 PM
23,186 ... 153154155156157 ...