Okay, new to group and this will be my first BB. Not sure if this was posted, but I'd thought I'd share (my apologies if this is duplicate). Also not sure of the source, but it looks like the BOLD 9650 will be shipped to both Sprint and Verizon on 5/23....

BlackBerry Bold 9650 will ship in May, RIM says / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
    04-26-10 12:53 PM
    OFF TOPIC HOWEVER IT'S NOT...The Actual Cost To Make Popular Gadgets
    Actual Costs of Popular Gadgets: Part 2 | Blog | ZiggyTek

Actual Cost To Make Popular Gadgets | Blog | ZiggyTek

And can anyone tell the difference between 2 pictures one taken with a 3.5 compare to a pic taken with a higher mega pix....Unless it was printed from CVS or a top notch printing company I think 3.5 and higher will be fine....

NOW BACK TO BOLD TALK....Glad there is an announcement, now lets hope there won't be any problems when it comes out..Security, OS, Camera/Vid etc
    04-26-10 01:01 PM
    Sorry GUYS I don't know why that happens when I post something...OPPS....Yay can't wait for my 1st BB
    04-26-10 01:03 PM
    i wish I was only paying 200 bucks for the Bold 9650... Looks like I'm going to have to pay 600 bucks probably for the retail of the Bold since my contract is not up.
    Might be cheaper to pay the early termination fee on VZW and get one for $199 with rebate at Sprint. Besides, you will save the early termination fee on Sprint in only a few months with plan cost savings not to mention the VZNav fees which will go away with Sprint. Essentially same cellular service, possibly faster data service with maybe not quite as good CS though, many will argue that one of course.
    04-26-10 01:12 PM
    Wait, so it's the 23rd for VZW and not the 1st?

EDIT - scratch that, I just read that VZW hasn't announced a date yet.
    04-26-10 01:13 PM
    Okay, new to group and this will be my first BB. Not sure if this was posted, but I'd thought I'd share (my apologies if this is duplicate). Also not sure of the source, but it looks like the BOLD 9650 will be shipped to both Sprint and Verizon on 5/23....

BlackBerry Bold 9650 will ship in May, RIM says / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
    I don't know about this article...they say "According to RIM, a CDMA version of the BlackBerry Bold 9650 will ship on May 23 to Sprint Nextel and Verizon customers." According to who at RIM? They site no source, and I'm quite sure that RIM hasn't made any public comment on a VZW release date.

Also, how much credibility does the Christian Science Monitor have when it comes to Technology? Actually, scratch that last comment. Perhaps they have the ultimate on inside information, from the big guy upstairs.
    04-26-10 01:24 PM
    Okay, so we've waited 8+ months for the official release. So that's major progress! How much longer until we find out what carriers and when will get it?
    04-26-10 01:34 PM
    Here's another link I found regarding a release date and this article references a point of contact at RIM. This article does not specify what carrier's, just that the 9650 will be available in the US from May 23. I'm thinking that Verizon may announce the 9650 on May 1st, but if this model will not be available in the US until 5/23, how can any carrier supply it to customer's beforehand? Just my thoughts....

RIM shows off new phones but fails to show signs of innovation - Gadgets & Tech, Life & Style - The Independent
    04-26-10 01:56 PM
    I still expect Verizon to get it before Sprint.
    04-26-10 03:01 PM
    what about this Wednesday....Traditionally.
    04-26-10 03:22 PM
    what about this Wednesday....Traditionally.
    The Tour came out on a Saturday or Sunday
    04-26-10 03:33 PM
    Oh....Everyone has been saying that Vzw releases on Wednesday...
    04-26-10 03:35 PM
    Well, the sooner the better! This will be my first BB and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!!
    04-26-10 03:44 PM
    The Tour came out on a Saturday or Sunday
    It was a sunday
    04-26-10 03:44 PM
    OS 6 comes out next quarter...

BlackBerry OS 6.0 Confirmed for Next Quarter
    04-26-10 03:51 PM
    I get out of school on the 11th, so hopefully around that time I can stroll into a VZW store and scoop it up. Hopefully...
    04-26-10 04:17 PM
    I called customer service regarding two of my lines and their contract end dates and asked about the Bold or 9650 ot Tour 2....and both of the represenatives I talked to (one was a supervisor) had NO clue.

I think the 1st is not very likely at this point....just a hunch.
    04-26-10 06:11 PM
    I called customer service regarding two of my lines and their contract end dates and asked about the Bold or 9650 ot Tour 2....and both of the represenatives I talked to (one was a supervisor) had NO clue.

Well even if they did know they aren't suppose to answer any questions about it until there is an official press release about the phone by VZW. At least that's what they told me.
    04-26-10 06:17 PM
    Don't give up just yet; the 1st is highly likely.

Keep in mind part of the clueless response is their personality to begin with and the other half they are told to act so they don't have customers waiting on devices and instead buy something the same day.

04-26-10 06:51 PM
    I hope I am wrong...trust me my 9630 is ready to be replaced.
    04-26-10 07:21 PM
    My Verizon business rep called me back today and said that Bold was coming out May 15th. He said they where training on it this week.
    Can't prove it but that was what he said.
    04-26-10 07:24 PM
    ^ I think that makes more sense...they want some lead up to it...
    04-26-10 07:30 PM
    I know most of you if not all of you won't believe me, but my dad (he knows how long I've been waiting on this phone) spoke to a Verizon rep at one of the big corporate stores in my area today, and he said without a doubt it'll be out the 1st of may. He said it will just show up out of no where in ads. And for all of you people waiting on the iphone, he also said not to expect it to hit Verizon anymore, there was a huge conflict with itunes and verizon apps or something (don't really know much and don't really care lol) but apparently its not the first time I've heard/read about it not coming to Verizon afterall..

I know I know.. One of those "verizon rep" posts, but I definitely believe it! I'm excited and will be in the store ready to buy on sunday, since I'll be away at a conference for work thursday-saturday. Fingers crossed!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 07:52 PM
    Typically they are the last to know actual release dates.

My Verizon business rep called me back today and said that Bold was coming out May 15th. He said they where training on it this week.
    04-27-10 05:49 AM
    Keep in mind too Verizon typically releases on a Wednesday.

04-27-10 12:07 PM
23,186 ... 150151152153154 ...