Considering the NFL app is being pushed out now it at least solidifies the fact that the 9650 is rolling out soon and that Verizon is acknowledging it on an official announcement...even if it is an app. I just thought it was nice to see "Blackberry Bold 9650" on an official ad. Just my two cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 04:45 PM
    Too funny...

Verizon Unofficially Confirms Name Of BlackBerry Bold 9650

Considering the NFL app is being pushed out now it at least solidifies the fact that the 9650 is rolling out soon and that Verizon is acknowledging it on an official announcement...even if it is an app. I just thought it was nice to see "Blackberry Bold 9650" on an official ad. Just my two cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 06:01 PM
    Mark your calendar...April 29th.

Agreed, now we just need a date...
    04-12-10 07:01 PM
    April 29, 2049 right?
    04-12-10 07:05 PM
    As has been stated in a new thread that's popped up, Verizon has removed the Bold 9650 from the device lineup on the NFL app site. I love how when Blackberry or Verizon let's something out and we get ahold of it they think that if they delete it it will go away. Um, sorry big V, there are numerous screen shots floating around, like the lovely one Tourboy has posted above. Can't trick us....
    04-12-10 07:40 PM
    I don't even understand how they would let that get by editing and then withdraw it like that. Stupid. I know this phone is coming (eventually and probably later rather than sooner for no freakin' reason), but my excitement is draining away because every time they "accidentally" toss something out stating that this phone is on its way, they issue a retraction. Too many red herrings about something that's not even innovative.
    04-12-10 08:11 PM
    Maybe we should all just throw out random dates. I say June 5th.
    04-12-10 08:56 PM
    I am going to price is right you and say April 28th (that's the wednesday). Sprint will follow up with May 2nd.
    04-12-10 09:21 PM
    Haha, I love the absolute certainty on the date.
    Umm, I think he was just throwing out the date of WES, when the phone will be announced, not released.
    04-12-10 10:01 PM
    Sprint gets it after the release of the evo 4g, verizon gets it May 10th,
    04-12-10 10:55 PM
    I am just going to lose it. I've been waiting forever and my NE2 is due on Wednesday. The verizon internal email seemed promising for all of 10 min and then smack, some silly announcement about a microsoft phone.

For some actual substance though...

If I get the Tour 9630 on Wednesday and the 9650 is announced at WES, can I return the phone on Verizon before my 30 days and get the upgrade to the 9650? I am not sure about the return policy on Verizon and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks.
    04-12-10 11:23 PM

If I get the Tour 9630 on Wednesday and the 9650 is announced at WES, can I return the phone on Verizon before my 30 days and get the upgrade to the 9650? I am not sure about the return policy on Verizon and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. Thanks.
    Yes, if you are within 30 days. The 9650 will very likely be announced at WES, but it may not be released immediately. I would hold out personally.
    04-13-10 12:16 AM
    Yes, if you are within 30 days. The 9650 will very likely be announced at WES, but it may not be released immediately. I would hold out personally.
    And doesn't getting two different BB's = two different BBM pins? You don't want to confuse your friends.
    04-13-10 12:48 AM
    And doesn't getting two different BB's = two different BBM pins? You don't want to confuse your friends.
    oh thanks a lot. I didnt know that.
    04-13-10 07:06 AM
    I am just going to lose it. I've been waiting forever and my NE2 is due on Wednesday. The verizon internal email seemed promising for all of 10 min and then smack, some silly announcement about a microsoft phone.
    It's gonna be okay. I've has my NE2 up for months! &I'm still here waiting for this phone. I did almost upgrade to the new curve, but I didn't because I still want this damn phone.

I was up at verizon on Saturday and talking with a rep about the "tour2" and I told him it's gonna be called the bold and he was like no its not. Soon enough he was on the phone with another "high-up" manager and he confirmed it bold. ha.
    04-13-10 07:39 AM
    It seems that even those who are creating the accessories for the new Bold don't know what to call it:

Accessories for the Blackberry Bold 9650 Shipping With Tour 2 Labeling | The BerryFix
    04-13-10 10:00 AM
    The more time it takes for the Bold to be released for VZW, the more I'm realizing it's not worth upgrading from my 8330.

What's the core function and strengths of the BB? Email and messaging. The Bold doesn't really improve my email and messaging (Jivetalk, BBM) experience. Ok so it has a better camera (actually I've been taking lots of pics and uploading to FB), it might browse and run a little faster, it might have a prettier bigger screen, but OS 5.0 doesn't have anything groundbreaking from what my Curve does right now....
    04-13-10 12:19 PM
    I also have an 8330, but I use mine quite a bit for checking stuff on the web when I can't (or I'm too lazy) to get to a computer. I'm really looking forward to the wi-fi. The 3G just doesn't cut it for me, and the processor in the 8330 can't process quite a few of the web pages I want to view. I get "This page is too large" quite frequently.

The more time it takes for the Bold to be released for VZW, the more I'm realizing it's not worth upgrading from my 8330.

What's the core function and strengths of the BB? Email and messaging. The Bold doesn't really improve my email and messaging (Jivetalk, BBM) experience. Ok so it has a better camera (actually I've been taking lots of pics and uploading to FB), it might browse and run a little faster, it might have a prettier bigger screen, but OS 5.0 doesn't have anything groundbreaking from what my Curve does right now....
    04-13-10 12:51 PM
    I am just going to lose it. I've been waiting forever and my NE2 is due on Wednesday. The verizon internal email seemed promising for all of 10 min and then smack, some silly announcement about a microsoft phone. .
    Your NE2 doesn't expire. You could upgrade a year from now and it would still be available. I have a friend who hasn't upgraded her phone in so long that she still has the $100 NE2 when she does want to upgrade.
    04-13-10 01:23 PM
    Your NE2 doesn't expire. You could upgrade a year from now and it would still be available. I have a friend who hasn't upgraded her phone in so long that she still has the $100 NE2 when she does want to upgrade.
    Yea I've been able to upgrade since January 09 I believe but just haven't used it cause Verizon hasn't had any phones worth getting...
    Last edited by kram941; 04-13-10 at 01:52 PM.
    04-13-10 01:49 PM
    Yea I've been able to upgrade since January 09 I believe but just haven't used it cause Verizon hasn't had any phones worth getting...
    ME TOO. Verizon's selection of phones are no good.

I'm really hoping they'll announce it at the very least this month... I check these forums way too much lol
    04-13-10 04:56 PM
    I went to the Verizon store today. I saw the droid - nice screen, but I can't deal with that keyboard. Anyways, I saw the curve 8530 next the tour. I was so tempted to pick up either of those phones. But I kept thinking the 9650 is coming out so soon...just be patient. I hate waiting!
    I honestly don't know how people can use that keyboard. Really there is barely any differentiation between the keys! The verizon people really love to push them and I told them I was waiting for next month when a bunch of new phones would be out, to which the manager just said ok and smiled.
    04-13-10 07:18 PM
    Hey, do you any thing about RIM having a meeting next month, just before they announce the new phones?
    04-13-10 07:31 PM
    04-13-10 08:00 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9650 gets unintentionally confirmed by Verizon (Phone Arena News)

Did anyone else see this article on phone arena? Sorry if it's been posted, but it seems like VZW pretty much accidentally confirmed it's coming soon hopefully.
    04-14-10 12:12 AM
23,186 ... 140141142143144 ...