When it comes to Blackberry though, you can never predict when they might release/announce.
    I can pretty easily predict that they will not announce a phone at an event that is over such as CTIA 2010. WES 2010 maybe?
    03-26-10 11:08 AM
    I can pretty easily predict that they will not announce a phone at an event that is over such as CTIA 2010. WES 2010 maybe?
    Yeah this is what many people who are in the know on this phone have been saying but nothing remotely confirmed that I've seen.
    03-26-10 11:11 AM
    Well, unfortunately no news from CTIA :-(
    03-26-10 02:58 PM
    it is always just the next show, that something will be said about this phone. I have lost hope
    03-26-10 04:01 PM
    it is always just the next show, that something will be said about this phone. I have lost hope
    Well no one expected anything to be announced this show. For like the last month it has been rumored that they would announce this phone at WES.
    03-26-10 04:25 PM
    excuse my lack of knowledge but when is WES?
    03-26-10 04:29 PM
    April 26-29
    03-26-10 05:05 PM
    Well, unfortunately no news from CTIA :-(
    say it ain't so......

[/sarcasm]
    03-26-10 05:09 PM
    yeah i am about to give in also
    Honestly, as soon as I started setting my wife's up, I started using the keyboard and looked at the screen, and decided that I can wait a few months to see what they're gonna do with the Tour successor, and how the verticle slider evolves. Bold style keyboard and large screen? Very interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 05:15 PM
    Honestly, as soon as I started setting my wife's up, I started using the keyboard and looked at the screen, and decided that I can wait a few months to see what they're gonna do with the Tour successor, and how the verticle slider evolves. Bold style keyboard and large screen? Very interesting.

I'll tell ya, I don't know what I'd do if my 8330 went down.Thank goodness it's running strong so I can sit back and watch the show the 9650's become.
    03-26-10 05:34 PM
    And what exactly is WES?

excuse my lack of knowledge but when is WES?
    03-26-10 05:39 PM
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OS 5.0 coming Tuesday for Verizon Wireless Boy Genius Report

Incase anyone cared 9630 5.0 coming tuesday to verizon. I remember when people were saying the phone wont come till 5.0 hits 9630-- lol.... Even though this phone has lost luster I figured I'd tell you =)

Talk soon,
    Brian
    03-26-10 06:48 PM
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OS 5.0 coming Tuesday for Verizon Wireless Boy Genius Report

Incase anyone cared 9630 5.0 coming tuesday to verizon. I remember when people were saying the phone wont come till 5.0 hits 9630-- lol.... Even though this phone has lost luster I figured I'd tell you =)

Talk soon,
    Brian

Verizon BlackBerry Tour 9630 OS Update Coming Monday
    03-26-10 09:08 PM
    I hope PTT incompatibility was not the only reason why Verizon delayed the release of OS 5.0 for the 9630... in my personal opinion, that's an absurd reason to delay the OS 5.0 release and subsequently the 9650 release. I'm sure that wasn't the only reason for the delay since Sprint was rumored to have issues with WiFi connectivity.
    Oh I know Verizon would hold back releasing a phone/OS because of something like that. Verizon has there own agenda, and because there not exactly having to beg for customers, I guess they can do whatever they want. But I'm really surprised more people aren't excited about this, because normally when Verizon drops the price of a flagship phone like the tour, then comes out with a new OS update, that means that the new version of that phone is coming out very soon.....
    03-26-10 09:52 PM
    Agreed. Wouldn't a 9700 type device with slide screen be over-the-top cool.
    03-26-10 10:55 PM
    No not slide screen...

03-27-10 12:03 AM
    Pass on the slider.
    03-27-10 09:27 AM
    yeah no slider for me either. I've always hated sliders
    03-27-10 09:35 AM
    Wireless Enterprise Symposium, it's basically RIM's own conference where they announce upcoming news about BlackBerry and what not.

WES 2010 Event Information. Wireless Enterprise Symposium
    They have the welcome reception on April 26, good moment for RIM to make their new product announcements.
    03-27-10 10:43 AM
    Okay, let me first start off saying...I do not own a Blackberry. I've been wanting to get one for months now and have been following this thread since December, signing in everyday to find out news about the Essex/Tour 2, whatever you want to call it. I own a LG Dare. It is near death and I am chomping at the bit to get a new phone, so here is my story.

I have joined the world of online dating, yes...that's right. So, I start talking to a girl on there, and we exchange messages. Turns out, she is a Verizon Wireless sales trainer, teaching all sales reps on the new phones that come out. I mention to her I've been waiting forever for a new Blackberry to come out. When she asks which one, I tell her the Essex/Tour 2. She tells me she has never heard of the Essex but that the Tour 2 will be out in April and that she has actually had one in her hands. Now I know this thread/forum is all about speculation and he said/she said, but just figured I'd share the info that I received as it seemed to come from someone who knows what is actually going on. So there it is...fingers crossed.
    03-28-10 02:20 AM
    Okay, let me first start off saying...I do not own a Blackberry. I've been wanting to get one for months now and have been following this thread since December, signing in everyday to find out news about the Essex/Tour 2, whatever you want to call it. I own a LG Dare. It is near death and I am chomping at the bit to get a new phone, so here is my story.

I have joined the world of online dating, yes...that's right. So, I start talking to a girl on there, and we exchange messages. Turns out, she is a Verizon Wireless sales trainer, teaching all sales reps on the new phones that come out. I mention to her I've been waiting forever for a new Blackberry to come out. When she asks which one, I tell her the Essex/Tour 2. She tells me she has never heard of the Essex but that the Tour 2 will be out in April and that she has actually had one in her hands. Now I know this thread/forum is all about speculation and he said/she said, but just figured I'd share the info that I received as it seemed to come from someone who knows what is actually going on. So there it is...fingers crossed.

Haha Well if that's reliable information I don't know what is
    03-28-10 07:23 AM
    @ cboo. Maybe its time the VZW sales trainer finds out about your crackberry addiction . Then she can help feed it with some sort of proof of the april release date that you could share with your fellow addicts.

03-28-10 09:01 AM

90% of Verizon reps know nothing of upcoming phones. You should have noticed that when she said she never heard about the "essex" that should have been a dead give away that she knows nothing of it. Then, to have her tell you she had it in her hands is also false becuase No one has the new Bold. We havnt even see pictures yet of the new Bold.
    03-28-10 09:27 AM
    Then, to have her tell you she had it in her hands is also false becuase No one has the new Bold. We havnt even see pictures yet of the new Bold.
    Not false, the Tour 2 did get around if you read all the threads. It posed for pics and it seems there was even one sold on Ebay.

Later it was re-named as a Bold. I'm betting the Tour 2 that was will be the new Bold.

So the lady has old information but certainly not incorrect.
    03-28-10 09:50 AM
    90% of Verizon reps know nothing of upcoming phones. You should have noticed that when she said she never heard about the "essex" that should have been a dead give away that she knows nothing of it. Then, to have her tell you she had it in her hands is also false becuase No one has the new Bold. We havnt even see pictures yet of the new Bold.
    Correct, the not knowing about an "essex" is why this info is not reliable. Maybe she did hear a new phone is being released, but likely never had the final product in her hands (it was one of the test models and those will not be the VZW Bold).
    03-28-10 10:09 AM
23,186 ... 127128129130131 ...