That's the main reason I upgraded to a Tour 9630. My Voyager is pretty much falling apart. The top screen just sort of flails around now because the hinge snapped randomly. The camera doesn't work when it doesn't feel like it anymore, etc. If it wouldn't have broken I probably wouldn't have upgraded until I absolutely had to since it's a great phone. The 9630 is amazing, but I really love the idea of the trackpad as opposed to the ball. I just don't want to be stuck with it after so long because I didn't return it within 30 days and the trackball decides to stop working.
    I have the TEC insurance with Verizon so I'm on my 6th or 7th Voyager. Since they're all horrible refurbished ones, they always break within a month. With my current one, my i button doesn't work on my keyboard, so sometimes my texts lack vowels. I can't really go to my usual VZW store and get it replaced since I'm at school.
    03-14-10 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry Tour 9650 Could Launch in Late Spring After Being Renamed

Not earth shattering news, but more and more information is a good sign.

A Preliminary Overview of the BlackBerry Tour 9650
    Even though this smartphone has not yet been announced, a great deal of information has already leaked out.

One of the most significant changes in the 9650 over its predecessor, the original Tour, will be an optical trackpad in place of the trackball. This shouldn't surprise anyone, as RIM has been putting trackpads on virtually all its recent models.

In addition, it will supposedly have a faster processor than the current model, though the exact speed is not yet known.

Aside from these changes, this smartphone, sometimes called the Tour2, will apparently be identical to its predecessor.

As such, this BlackBerry will reportedly have a tablet shape, with an HVGA (480 x 360) display and full-QWERTY keyboard.

It will include mobile broadband, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.

The BlackBerry Tour 9650 will supposedly have a 3.2 MP camera, microSD memory card slot, and a GPS receiver.

03-14-10 04:03 PM
    Thanks for the info tourboy not gonna get my hopes up to high
    03-14-10 05:14 PM
    Ready to ditch the iPhone....this needs to be in my pocket already
    03-14-10 06:01 PM
    Ready to ditch the iPhone....this needs to be in my pocket already
    good call.
    03-14-10 07:22 PM
    >>Not earth shattering news, but more and more information is a good sign.<<

Less than Earth shattering. According to the manual it's the Bold 9650 (not the Tour 2, not the Tour 9650). How old was that release you posted?
    03-14-10 07:23 PM
    About less than 24 hours and you will likely continue to see it referred to as the Tour 2 until it actually lands in stores.

How old was that release you posted?
    03-14-10 07:26 PM

Less than Earth shattering. According to the manual it's the Bold 9650 (not the Tour 2, not the Tour 9650). How old was that release you posted?
    It DOES say SOMETIMES called the Tour 2. I'm sure many refer to it as the Tour 2, the Essex, the 9650... So, to each his own
    03-14-10 07:36 PM

x2 the author of the article didnt even know it was called a Bold...
    03-14-10 08:24 PM
    The author acknowledged a possible name change to the Bold series in the first few paragraphs that were not posted above. Overall, it appears that it may be a less than trustworthy release.
    03-14-10 08:45 PM
    been waiting since december, dont waiting now.
    03-14-10 10:34 PM
    a friend of mine owns a verizon store and he told me that the tour 2 essex whatever its going to be called will be out in 2 weeks and to wait for it! hopefully this is true as i've been waiting forever
    03-14-10 11:30 PM
    a friend of mine owns a verizon store and he told me that the tour 2 essex whatever its going to be called will be out in 2 weeks and to wait for it! hopefully this is true as i've been waiting forever
    sure hope this friend is right. He/she didnt mention that it was in stock or anything did they???
    03-14-10 11:45 PM
    if it was that close, more should have been leaked out already.
    03-14-10 11:52 PM
    Agreed. And to tourboy, all of those articles from sites you never hear of all take information from other sites (like this one or boygenius or engadget) and turn it into their own article. All they do is change the wording a little bit but all it does is tell us the same information.
    03-15-10 12:12 AM
    There's really nothing to leak. Maybe pics of the hardware as it is now (Bold engraved on the back, yucky battery door) and a few screen shots of the OS in action with wifi...but yeah. *shrug*

I agree though, 2 weeks is a bit too soon with what all has been shared about this "completely new" phone so far.
    03-15-10 12:16 AM
    That would be amazing.
    03-15-10 05:29 AM
    Yesterday I gave in. Went and upgraded from 8330 to 8530. Quite happy with it. I will NEVER wait for a phone to come out again. Too much of a rolllercoaster for me. Good luck to those of you with the stomach to wait it out. By the way, I've been eligible for an uograde since Oct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 07:25 AM
    Congrats newguest. I looked at the 8530 but decided to wait. I need the dual band for out of country business and WiFi. If the 8530 had both, I would have purchased it also. WiFi isn't that important for most people but during the day with my job I don't usually have much cellular service but I do WiFi.
    03-15-10 07:42 AM
    Congrats newguest. I looked at the 8530 but decided to wait. I need the dual band for out of country business and WiFi. If the 8530 had both, I would have purchased it also. WiFi isn't that important for most people but during the day with my job I don't usually have much cellular service but I do WiFi.
    Great decision, the keyboard on the 8530 is the worst keyboard i've ever typed with on a smart phone. The plastic they use for that keyboard is cheap, hard as nails, moves around like its swimming and makes loud noises when pressed. I got rid of that phone after two days. Besides the keyboard i would have stuck with it but how the **** could that keyboard pass through testing and get approved in this day and age? IDK
    03-15-10 10:39 AM
    Great decision, the keyboard on the 8530 is the worst keyboard i've ever typed with on a smart phone. The plastic they use for that keyboard is cheap, hard as nails, moves around like its swimming and makes loud noises when pressed. I got rid of that phone after two days. Besides the keyboard i would have stuck with it but how the **** could that keyboard pass through testing and get approved in this day and age? IDK
    Well, that's your opinion bro. This guy obviously likes his 8530 and only paid $29.99 for it.
    03-15-10 10:47 AM
    Exactly... I dont know what your standards are, but I used a 8530/8520 and it felt like a solid phone
    03-15-10 11:54 AM
    Good point! And it is not like this is an entirely new phone or anything.

There's really nothing to leak. Maybe pics of the hardware as it is now (Bold engraved on the back, yucky battery door) and a few screen shots of the OS in action with wifi...but yeah. *shrug*

I agree though, 2 weeks is a bit too soon with what all has been shared about this "completely new" phone so far.
    03-15-10 02:58 PM
    Good point! And it is not like this is an entirely new phone or anything.
    I'm saying if they're really trying that hard to fool the slightly above average consumer, they'll wait.
    03-15-10 03:10 PM
    Wait? Let's just not hope for too long...I have been waiting since October LOL

I'm saying if they're really trying that hard to fool the slightly above average consumer, they'll wait.
    03-15-10 03:41 PM
23,186 ... 117118119120121 ...