Well, I broke down today and got the 9630. Then I went to Best Buy to get a case. While there I looked for the 9630. Nowhere to be found. So I asked the sales rep about it and he basically said they weren't carrying it because "the Tour 9630 had so many problems with way too many returns, so Best Buy decided to not stock them any longer because a new one (he called it the Bold 9750) was coming out anyway within 2 - 3 weeks." I doubt he knew what he was talking about, but thought I'd pass it along. If by chance there is a grain of truth in what he said, I will still have time to return the one I bought today (within 30 days), but I doubt we'll see it even by April 1, but, then again, who knows, right??
    03-01-10 09:51 PM
    Well, I broke down today and got the 9630. Then I went to Best Buy to get a case. While there I looked for the 9630. Nowhere to be found. So I asked the sales rep about it and he basically said they weren't carrying it because "the Tour 9630 had so many problems with way too many returns, so Best Buy decided to not stock them any longer because a new one (he called it the Bold 9750) was coming out anyway within 2 - 3 weeks." I doubt he knew what he was talking about, but thought I'd pass it along. If by chance there is a grain of truth in what he said, I will still have time to return the one I bought today (within 30 days), but I doubt we'll see it even by April 1, but, then again, who knows, right??
    dang. That would be amazing
    03-01-10 09:58 PM
    ^ thanks for sharing
    03-01-10 10:22 PM
    The info on this phone has really dried up, hasn't it.
    I noticed that too... calm before the storm?
    03-01-10 10:33 PM
    I noticed that too... calm before the storm?
    I think You might be right.
    03-01-10 10:44 PM
    True....this place has been dead
    03-01-10 11:04 PM
    I think You might be right.
    I hope and wish that is the case but I doubt it. I feel like there should be more of these devices floating around if it was going to be released soon, which makes me think that they really did scrap the 9650 and it will indeed be different hardware. I actually hope they do switch to the 9700 hardware, just hate the wait that its going to require.
    03-01-10 11:06 PM
    Did they announce when the tour2 comes out on Sprint yet?
    03-01-10 11:21 PM
    lolololololol
    03-02-10 02:09 AM
    ROFLMAO.... that's hilarious..

I did hear that a projected release date is approximatley 2 weeks after never.. I heard this from a grandmother who has a cousin in Bismark ND who is friends with the uncle of the brother who has a sister that is married to the janitor of a bestbuy who overheard from a manager who was talking with an associate who knows the father-in-law of the man who knows about the projected release date..

I hope this helps. Good luck. I think that this source is reliable.. We shall see...
    03-02-10 02:44 AM
    Stay tuned...the calm before the storm (in this case the Tour 2 or Bold 97xx). Same thing happened with the Storm 2. Everyone was set on a specific release date then when it doesn't happen, they all throw in the towel.

Its coming....

True....this place has been dead
    03-02-10 06:14 AM
    ROFLMAO.... that's hilarious..

I did hear that a projected release date is approximatley 2 weeks after never.. I heard this from a grandmother who has a cousin in Bismark ND who is friends with the uncle of the brother who has a sister that is married to the janitor of a bestbuy who overheard from a manager who was talking with an associate who knows the father-in-law of the man who knows about the projected release date..

I hope this helps. Good luck. I think that this source is reliable.. We shall see...
    HEY!!! I know that grandmother! She's never let me down.
    03-02-10 08:01 AM
    subscribed to google alerts and this came in today:
    JLM Pacific Epoch - Source: Telecom to Launch Blackberry by Mid-March

Don't know if it's reliable so don't put all your eggs in the basket and trust it. But it does lifts your spirits a little if you're desperately waiting for the tour2. Patience will pay off someday.
    03-02-10 08:29 AM
    Man oh man. Stay tuned to twitter. Just saw this:

BBMCHAT

Trying to confirm: may be some bad news for. Those of you waiting for the 9650/9750 on Vzw and the culprit (nexus) getting facts together about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter
    03-02-10 08:38 AM

BBMCHAT

Trying to confirm: may be some bad news for. Those of you waiting for the 9650/9750 on Vzw and the culprit (nexus) getting facts together about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter
    Not looking good!
    03-02-10 08:55 AM
    so Best Buy decided to not stock them any longer because a new one (he called it the Bold 9750) was coming out anyway within 2 - 3 weeks.
    Not according to the guy that runs the cell phone department at the Best Buy near our Chicago office and they sell a lot of 9630s including some to us recently. Plenty in stock now and more coming every few days he says. He used to work for Verizon and says that even the reps (much less Best Buy) have no clue about RIM launch dates until they are basically announced to the general public.
    03-02-10 09:18 AM
    Not according to the guy that runs the cell phone department at the Best Buy near our Chicago office and they sell a lot of 9630s including some to us recently. Plenty in stock now and more coming every few days he says. He used to work for Verizon and says that even the reps (much less Best Buy) have no clue about RIM launch dates until they are basically announced to the general public.
    Yeah, I think they are all blowing steam. I just bought a 9630 yesterday and it's a great phone. I'm no longer waiting for the new whatever it is. But, I thought this twitter post was interesting. Still no further updates!
    03-02-10 09:57 AM

BBMCHAT

Heck at this rate, we all might as well wait for the Dakota to be released, though I like navigating with the Ball/Pad.

Just checked - no update yet
    03-02-10 10:53 AM

BBMCHAT

Maybe summer or even Q3 for the T2 now?The Q1 window for releasing the 9650 seems to have slammed shut.Now VZW will focus on the CDMA version of the Nexus One and the rest of it's Android line. Just guessing but I bet I'm not too far off.
    03-02-10 12:00 PM
    **** if i can get the nexus as my upgrade price i'll do that. simply cannot wait 4 or 5 months for this BB to arrive. but i am weary of how the nexus will be sold (prob online which BLOWS) and what the pricing would even be. It'd be sooo much easier if this damn BB would come out. RIDICULOUS!
    03-02-10 12:37 PM
    The Nexus will be sold through Google, and run around $500 with a 14 day trial period.
    03-02-10 01:11 PM
    right but when it's released on verizon i'm wondering if us that are eligible for upgrades would be able to get it at the upgrade price with a new 2 yr contract just like we would with a phone in stores. if not then that would obviously affect my decision making.
    03-02-10 01:19 PM
    right but when it's released on verizon i'm wondering if us that are eligible for upgrades would be able to get it at the upgrade price with a new 2 yr contract just like we would with a phone in stores. if not then that would obviously affect my decision making.
    I would imagine there is a new 2 year contract and upgrade price or else they wouldn't sell very many for $500 in my opinion.
    03-02-10 01:32 PM
    i waited for the tour to come out but after reading about all the problems it had, I decided to wait a bit longer for the tour 2. But I do regret not getting a tour when it first came out now since I didn't know the wait would be this long. And its almost coming to a year since the first tour came out that means I could have had another upgrade since sprint allows customers to upgrade every year. So I bought a samsung moment on ebay, and will use my upgrade when blackberry bold or tour2 comes out for sprint.

Funny how at first people were saying that they think that tour2 will drop before christmas (of 09) now they're saying june.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 01:50 PM
    The Nexus will NOT sold by VZW, only Google or Tmobile. You can buy the phone from Google and activate with VZW. There will be no NE2 pricing with this phone.
    03-02-10 02:19 PM
23,186 ... 108109110111112 ...