Oh no.. Lol. I really hope that doesn't happen. I haven't had any problems with it thus far, and I've been pretty careful with it. If it DOES.. I have no idea what phone I'll get, cause I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it and then want the Tour 2/Bold when it comes out. I'm not paying the restocking fee since I already did that when I returned the Curve 8530. My Voyager shut off cause I let it die, but the only problems I've been having is not receiving my texts right away, or people won't receive mine at all. It better say alive lol.
    Lol well good luck but I know that exact piece broke off mine and my cousins and when I told him it wasn't going to last much longer he said it's been like that for a couple weeks now, a week later he told me it broke right after i talked to him. Do you have insurance ? You can just pay the 50 and get a refurb. They usually suck thats what I have now but it's better then what you have and it will most likely last until the phone comes out, as long as you personally can wait because I know I can't.
    02-23-10 03:05 AM
    Oh, and out of curiosity what made you return the 8530? I'm just wondering because I'm 90 percent going to get the tour but I'm not sure if the trackpad on the curve is worth the downgrade from the tour.
    02-23-10 03:06 AM
    Lol well good luck but I know that exact piece broke off mine and my cousins and when I told him it wasn't going to last much longer he said it's been like that for a couple weeks now, a week later he told me it broke right after i talked to him. Do you have insurance ? You can just pay the 50 and get a refurb. They usually suck thats what I have now but it's better then what you have and it will most likely last until the phone comes out, as long as you personally can wait because I know I can't.
    No, I don't think so. My upgrade came at the beginning of December and this phone is way old. Maybe I'll duct tape it back together.

Oh, and out of curiosity what made you return the 8530? I'm just wondering because I'm 90 percent going to get the tour but I'm not sure if the trackpad on the curve is worth the downgrade from the tour.
    I loved the trackpad, but the keys on the one I got were wriggly against the slots. Like.. do you remember the old Nokia phone? (I know I can't be the only one that had it!) where you could pop the screen off and change the keys, and then they would shift against the case when you pressed them? That's how it was for me, and they were really tiny and since I'm used to my Voyager's keys it was hard to get used to. But I've played with the Tour in the store and I like the way that those keys feel better, and the Curve sort of felt like a toy cell phone I could buy at the grocery store. But that's just my opinion of it, so I'd recommend going into a store and playing around with it for a few minutes to see how it feels to you.

But the smoky violet color is gorgeous!
    02-23-10 03:10 AM
    I loved the trackpad, but the keys on the one I got were wriggly against the slots. Like.. do you remember the old Nokia phone? (I know I can't be the only one that had it!) where you could pop the screen off and change the keys, and then they would shift against the case when you pressed them? That's how it was for me, and they were really tiny and since I'm used to my Voyager's keys it was hard to get used to. But I've played with the Tour in the store and I like the way that those keys feel better, and the Curve sort of felt like a toy cell phone I could buy at the grocery store. But that's just my opinion of it, so I'd recommend going into a store and playing around with it for a few minutes to see how it feels to you.

But the smoky violet color is gorgeous!
    Lol I don't know that phone but after playing with friends phones I do know the keyboard on the tour is much better for me as well. I do like the trackpad better but I think the positives on the tour outweigh the negatives on the curve enough for me to just deal with the ball.
    02-23-10 03:15 AM
    Lol I don't know that phone but after playing with friends phones I do know the keyboard on the tour is much better for me as well. I do like the trackpad better but I think the positives on the tour outweigh the negatives on the curve enough for me to just deal with the ball.
    I like the feel of the ball, but the fact that so many people have had problems with it makes me really apprehensive. I went through a huge fiasco with my LG enV Touch (which I upgraded to from the Voyager) and I had to replace it 3 times within 2 weeks before finally giving up and sending it back. I think if they had made the Curve a little better (not so plasticy!) it would have been much better. And a better camera would have been ace.

I really want the new Tour/Bold for the trackpad so I don't have to worry about cleaning it. And if they're renaming it the Bold I'm hoping that they might do something for it internally so it will be more like the original Bold? idk. Wishful thinking. If my Voyager lasts until then, then great, if not I'll probably get the Tour or wait for the Motorola Devour to see what that's like. I'm just tired of upgrading and then having to send it back! Lol.

All this waiting is making me nuts.
    02-23-10 03:20 AM
    Yeah, I would had thought they would have wanted to had it on the market yesterday...the longer they wait, there are only new devices coming along.

yeah...if it really is the end of april or JUNE...pfft

no way the "BOLD" will be anywhere close to Top of the Line by June...in ANY category.
    02-23-10 07:19 AM
    Agree; especially since nearly everyone expected it weeks ago on Feb 3rd at the latest.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think an April, May, or June release will be 2-3 months too late for many people on these forums.
    02-23-10 07:38 AM
    Why BlackBerry "Tour2 9650" Should Be Next BlackBerry Bold

Bottom line: The easiest way for "normal" people to identify RIM's devices right now is by keyboard style. The device names are all consistent except for the Tour, which has the Bold keyboard. And RIM could clear up that minor inconsistency by scrapping the Tour name.
    02-23-10 11:52 AM
    HA HA HA I guess all you SAL Followers look like IDIOTS believing the guy, look like his INSIDE INFO, was just him running his mouth!!!! So yeah it is time for me to GLOAT and throw it all in your faces when you all believed him... I can also say I TOLD YOU SO, it wasn't anywhere near it's release date.
    To be truthful, I think Sals info was correct as far as he knew at the time. RIM changed their plan. The only reason I defend Sal, is that all his info has been correct before, but he ended up out of the loop on this one, that's all.
    02-23-10 04:05 PM
    So, I'm under the impression that the phone is being redesigned.

Sadpanda.

I decided to wait another week instead of switching this past Saturday but now I'm feeling like this phone isn't coming out anytime soon. Oh well. I hope I don't get a dysfunctional Tour.
    02-23-10 04:07 PM
    This phone is going to be as outdated as shag carpet by the time it finally rolls out. If it finally drops by june, it will be up against more compelling devices running android and the iPhone. Besides the crackberry faithful, I see this phone bombing if it has to compete with the rumored verizon nexus one, iPhone and just a few months later: Windows Phone 7. This is a very baaaaad move on RIM's part, and leaves Verizon vulnerable to people jumping ship to other carriers because they want a more "next gen" blackberry experience than VZW currently offers.
    02-23-10 05:33 PM
    Yeah, I am still having to stick with my Motorola for now :-(

It'll be too late for me but I don't really have a choice; let's see how much longer my Motorola Q will last me...
    02-23-10 05:47 PM
    I'm a Storm user and my plan was to upgrade to a Storm 2 next month. I started reading this thread because rumors and speculation are a lot of fun to follow. Yesterday, when the "Storm being discontinued" rumors began, I started to take a closer look at the Tour 2-Essex-Bold. The more I looked at what this phone is projected to be the more I liked it. I have no idea when it is going to be released but I'm going to hold off upgrading to the Storm 2 until it does because I want to see if it is the phone I want. I haven't had any trouble with my Storm but the Tour 2-Essex-Bold looks like a winner.
    02-23-10 06:32 PM
    you cannot compare a nexus one or iphone to a blackberry, period. it's apples and oranges. blackberries = business, iphones/nexus one = a multimedia tool
    02-23-10 06:36 PM
    Motorola W385

Which one do you have?
    02-23-10 07:12 PM
    So, I'm under the impression that the phone is being redesigned.

Sadpanda.

I decided to wait another week instead of switching this past Saturday but now I'm feeling like this phone isn't coming out anytime soon. Oh well. I hope I don't get a dysfunctional Tour.
    This would be a good thing - Tour fans would welcome a Bold device with CDMA capabilities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 07:33 PM
    Yeah, ouch is right. I still don't know how it is going to take another 2 months for the darn thing to come out.

Ouch, good luck with that, I have at least a full QWERTY for texting and email. Think you'll hold out for the Tour 2/Bold CDMA? My battery's going so I think that will be my limiting factor.
    02-24-10 05:18 AM
    Yeah, ouch is right. I still don't know how it is going to take another 2 months for the darn thing to come out.
    Apparently they are revamping the whole phone from what i'm reading. Possibly new processor ?? It's the only logical reason why it's taking so long. If they do completely change the phone it might be worth the wait. This coming from someone waiting since november and is finally able to upgrade to a new phone. This is going to be tough lol

02-24-10 07:14 AM
    and i'm gathering this info from the forums. Not any articles so don't ask for a link.

02-24-10 07:15 AM
    While new hardware is certainly better than just having the T1 with wifi and a trackpad, if we get the CDMA Bold 97xx in june, a few months before the dakota comes out... it's almost just as bad.

I know I'm just being a silly goose about the whole thing, I just wish CDMA blackberries weren't playing catch-up for once.
    02-24-10 08:17 AM
    I wish the trackballs on Tours weren't almost guaranteed to fail. Seriously only holding out for this phone because I don't want to be constantly sending the device in to have it fixed.
    02-24-10 08:22 AM
    I'm starting to think Duke Nukem Forever is coming faster than this stupid phone.
    02-24-10 08:25 AM
    i compare the Tour 2/Bold/Essex to the speed at which Starcraft 2 or Gran Turismo 5 will be released....

took 10 years for Blizz to announce a sequel to Starcraft, 2 years later it still isn't out. Gran Turismo 5 has been in production for what seems like 5-6 years now to. You think a couple months is bad =P
    02-24-10 09:18 AM
    i compare the Tour 2/Bold/Essex to the speed at which Starcraft 2 or Gran Turismo 5 will be released....

took 10 years for Blizz to announce a sequel to Starcraft, 2 years later it still isn't out. Gran Turismo 5 has been in production for what seems like 5-6 years now to. You think a couple months is bad =P
    That has to be the best example ever.
    02-24-10 09:22 AM
    I got 2 of them in October; immediately took one back, but the other one so far is hold up.

I wish the trackballs on Tours weren't almost guaranteed to fail. Seriously only holding out for this phone because I don't want to be constantly sending the device in to have it fixed.
    02-24-10 09:52 AM
23,186 ... 102103104105106 ...