07-07-16 08:56 PM
23,186 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    Which there were other choices in my area, but Verizon has the best coverage as I get signal drops with most other carriers.

i agree. i am frustrated with not the phone but verizon.
    i have not lost intrest but the waiting has made me look at other devices but i cannot live without the berry.
    i guess i will have to hack it out with my curve for another month or so.
    02-19-10 08:54 PM
    Which there were other choices in my area, but Verizon has the best coverage as I get signal drops with most other carriers.
    yeah sprint is bulletproof in my area. verizon gets good coverage in my area but for some reason in every building i go into my friends drop their vz coverage.

sprint is the only one i have found in the area that gets service almost everywhere.
    02-19-10 09:08 PM
    Yeah, you have to go with first what works best in your area.
    yeah sprint is bulletproof in my area. verizon gets good coverage in my area but for some reason in every building i go into my friends drop their vz coverage.

sprint is the only one i have found in the area that gets service almost everywhere.
    02-19-10 09:14 PM
    Going to make a trip to the local Verizon store this morning and see if there is any update.
    02-20-10 07:00 AM
    Just got home from the Verizon store and pretty much the same clueless knowledge of the Tour 2 LOL
    02-20-10 12:51 PM
    According to MobilitySite:

Lots of rumors going around about the BlackBerry 9650 launch. I got an email from my buddy who works inside RIM with this info:

“Some Verizon stores did get the 9650. They were sent back for “updates”. Verizon won’t release the 9650 until the official OS 5.0 arrives for the Tour 9630. The Sprint 9650’s are having WiFi issues and Sprint is working that out. And at the end of the email he states: “it won’t be called the Tour 2. It’s the Bold 9650.”

So definitely delays regarding the BlackBerry 9650 launch. Stay tuned for more info!
    02-20-10 06:49 PM
    old news pal... already been posted...nice make-believe buddy
    02-20-10 06:53 PM
    Mobility Site probably got it from here! <Snicker>
    02-20-10 07:31 PM
    This is officially a joke if the phone does not come out in March.
    02-20-10 08:20 PM
    I think that this phone has lost a lot of buzz. I for one am pretty much almost out of interest for this phone.
    Yeeeepppppp. I'm losing interest fast. I don't doubt that it's a great phone and will be worth the wait, for those who can hold out that long. As for me, the idea of keeping my ebay Tour and using my upgrade for the Curve 8530 so I can have some of the trackpad/wifi experience too, is sounding more and more appealing. I'll maybe wait until the end of March and if it's not out by then, the Tour and Curve 2 will do just fine. Or maybe I'll just get it in a couple weeks. I'm coming from the 8330 and 8230. Both of those phones are better than what I've got now. I'm tired of obsessing over this phone and wishing time away so I can have it. Life is way too short to be wasting precious time away for a freaking phone. (A very very sexy, beautiful phone...)
    Last edited by mojo pin; 02-20-10 at 09:06 PM.
    02-20-10 08:41 PM
    yeah, it is not like the OS 5.0 is ground breaking stuff. this phone should not be taking this long.
    02-20-10 10:30 PM
    yeah, it is not like the OS 5.0 is ground breaking stuff. this phone should not be taking this long.
    Agreed. I'm not sure I understand why 5.0 for the 9630 is a priority before the 9650 launch. The T1 didn't have OS problems like the Storm had. I understand why Verizon had to get the Storm OS out before the launch of S2 but this just doesn't make a ton of sense since there really isn't anything wrong with the current OS.
    02-20-10 11:21 PM
    well i gave up waiting and bought the Tour today. I LOVE IT! if the essex comes out in 30 days awesome. but if it doesnt. im still gonna be pretty damn happy
    02-20-10 11:28 PM
    Well, it seems the problem that is holding things up is version 5.0 :-(

02-21-10 10:08 AM
    I have been reading on this forum for awhile now awaiting for the Essex. I gave in and went and got the Tour 1. Just my personal opinion, but if you are debating, I would suggest getting the Tour 1. It is a fantastic phone and seems all the glitches are gone from it. The trackball works well. I also upgraded to the OS 5.0. The only thing that seems to be different will be the trackpad and wifi. If you are debating and sick of waiting, I would suggest getting the tour...it is pretty sweet.

Just my 2 cents...
    02-21-10 10:39 AM
    I'm debating on caving for the new Curve since I'm not sure how much longer my battery will last me on my Motorola Q. My friend works for a Northwestern Mutual branch in Chapel Hill and their entire branch changed over to the new Curve. It can't be that bad, can it?
    The Curve 2 looked nice. Wifi and trackpad and all...I liked the Tour for the longer talk time, heavier duty phone, etc.

I think you could go either way though...

let me know what you decide to do!
    02-21-10 12:40 PM
    Seems this may explain alot:

BlackBerry Tour2 Will Be Called BlackBerry Bold 9650

I have been reading on this forum for awhile now awaiting for the Essex. I gave in and went and got the Tour 1. Just my personal opinion, but if you are debating, I would suggest getting the Tour 1. It is a fantastic phone and seems all the glitches are gone from it. The trackball works well. I also upgraded to the OS 5.0. The only thing that seems to be different will be the trackpad and wifi. If you are debating and sick of waiting, I would suggest getting the tour...it is pretty sweet.

Just my 2 cents...
    02-21-10 04:49 PM
    the curve2 camera sucks...no flash and not the fastest 3g.
    02-21-10 04:52 PM
    The Curve 2 looked nice. Wifi and trackpad and all...I liked the Tour for the longer talk time, heavier duty phone, etc.

I think you could go either way though...

let me know what you decide to do!
    I liked the Tour much better than the Curve. Would go with Bold2 on AT&T or T-Mobile. I have used the trackball for so long that it would take some time to get used to a trackpad.
    02-21-10 05:01 PM
    I was noticing the same thing, but seems like there is ALOT less effort involved with the trackpad once you get use to it.

I have used the trackball for so long that it would take some time to get used to a trackpad.
    02-21-10 05:44 PM
    I have the C2 & the S2. As far as the web browsing, there really isn't much diff at all in the loading time. The camera takes decent pictures, unless you are in a dim light area, then they will come out dark. It is a nice phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 05:44 PM
    plus one +1
    02-21-10 06:05 PM
    yeah no flash,auto focus and it is a rev-o not a rev-a phone.

i will stay waiting for the essex
    02-21-10 06:07 PM
    Yeeeepppppp. I'm losing interest fast. I don't doubt that it's a great phone and will be worth the wait, for those who can hold out that long. As for me, the idea of keeping my ebay Tour and using my upgrade for the Curve 8530 so I can have some of the trackpad/wifi experience too, is sounding more and more appealing. I'll maybe wait until the end of March and if it's not out by then, the Tour and Curve 2 will do just fine. Or maybe I'll just get it in a couple weeks. I'm coming from the 8330 and 8230. Both of those phones are better than what I've got now. I'm tired of obsessing over this phone and wishing time away so I can have it. Life is way too short to be wasting precious time away for a freaking phone. (A very very sexy, beautiful phone...)
    Not as sexy and beautiful as my bold though IMO :P
    02-21-10 06:26 PM
    Curious how the Bold 9650 (Tour 2) might compare with the Bold 9700?

Not as sexy and beautiful as my bold though IMO :P
    02-21-10 06:45 PM
23,186 ... 9899100101102 ...