My feeling is this, since we have not seen any advertising on the Essex we're not getting it before January at the earliest. If we were getting it by Christmas we would see all types of ads for it. I think the carriers are using the holidays to clear out the existing Tours before it's released.
    this sounds realistic to me
    11-29-09 10:47 PM
    Im thinking of selling my Tour and picking up one of these. I guess I should probably sell the Tour now before anything official comes out about the Essex. I cant stand using the trackball. Having to make sure your hands are clean and if you any bit of perspiration on your hands it doesnt work well. So frustrating.
    11-30-09 08:55 AM
    Can anyone elaborate on this December 15 date?
    11-30-09 08:12 PM
    so is december 15th the rumor floating around right now? Honestly it doesnt seem realistic
    11-30-09 10:52 PM
    December 15th sounds more like the 8530 and less like the Essex. Idk maybe I'm
    wrong.
    11-30-09 11:38 PM
    The guy in the verizon store told me it was supposed to be released before Christmas but it was pushed back, prob January...but then again, nobody really knows and I'm sure this has been said a million times in this thread lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 01:15 AM
    We should close this thread til something semi official comes out. It's just I know someone who is friends with a guy who make the letter k for the new tour and he says it will be out at so and so date. This thread is just causing to much confusing.

12-01-09 02:23 AM
    Sal mentioned on Salomondrin that there are by his knowledge there are only 2 pre eleases he has seen: His and Kevin's. He said that close to the release date of the Storm2 there were way more pre releases floating around.

Good point imo, but I also think that as this is the Tour 1.25 and not 2.0 they need less testing done. Wifi, trackpad and 2 gb internal memory is not something totally new for RIM. Its was also someone reliable here that mentioned they left stuff out of the Essex to make a faster release possible. he also said q1

I think q1 is a safe bet.. and then more towards feb, march. Would be silly to release a new device in Jan just after the xmass holiday and spending that comes with it. Everybody has spend heir money already.

My guess is they are clearing the Tour stock the next few months and then they release the Essex. I think more prereleases will pop up the next few months.

I dont think it will be out for xmass that would be silly
    12-01-09 03:22 AM
    What? Welcome to the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones forum which is for those of us interesting in discussing this. Your logic would close out over 5,000 threads

You might want to take a look at the other forum sections as those may be of more interest to you.

We should close this thread til something semi official comes out. It's just I know someone who is friends with a guy who make the letter k for the new tour and he says it will be out at so and so date. This thread is just causing to much confusing.

12-01-09 05:58 AM
    Lol you sumd it up pretty good tourboy..............

I would have said the same.....

12-01-09 09:31 AM
    Also...Welcome to CRACKberry...to each their own addiction.
    Some of us enjoy the conjecture and rumors on phones that we are jonesing for. Many times I'm depressed when the actual phone releases...cause then I need to pick out another BB to start dreaming about. This year it was the Tour and then the Storm2...they've both released, so now I look forward to the Tour2.
    I won't stop until my ATT contract runs out in 30 days and I can make a solid decision to get the Storm2 or wait for the Tour2. Well, I won't actually "stop"...I'll be tracking the new Storm3, LTE, or whatever is slated for the end of 2011.
    12-01-09 09:58 AM
    I really believe that Q1 is a much more accurate estimate for a release date. It seems that each time a release date surfaces, especially with VZW, it comes and goes with no release... expect the same with the Tour 2 and Dec. 15.
    12-01-09 10:42 AM
    Good to hear. When I saw that message I thought, you gotta be kidding me.

Lol you sumd it up pretty good tourboy..............

I would have said the same.....

12-01-09 11:40 AM
    hey this thread is all about essex, but bad news. i did some more research. you guys were right, the sprint guy said is is curve 8530 being released dec 18th. sprint has public ads saying it is coming. and they also said def next year on essex. so Q1 is realistic after a bunch of stocking stuffing morons go out and buy the rest of these old tours and curves, were stuck.

That being said, only phone on market now, which i feel still is nicer than this tour 2 is the new bold 9700. went to att&t and got them to fire one up for me. it took a little persuasion, since i mentioned i had the world edition for years and was hesitant about pulling the trigger and switching carriers. let me know what you think, either hold off and stay with sprint for no real reason, switch it up and grab a new curve 8530 from verizon for almost nothing, or spend a few bucks now and have the nicest BB on the market....

thx
    12-01-09 05:08 PM
    Dec 15th would be nice seeing the 16th is my birthday!!

12-01-09 05:11 PM
    Is this rumored 15th date for VZW or Sprint?
    12-01-09 07:01 PM
    hey this thread is all about essex, but bad news. i did some more research. you guys were right, the sprint guy said is is curve 8530 being released dec 18th. sprint has public ads saying it is coming. and they also said def next year on essex. so Q1 is realistic after a bunch of stocking stuffing morons go out and buy the rest of these old tours and curves, were stuck.

That being said, only phone on market now, which i feel still is nicer than this tour 2 is the new bold 9700. went to att&t and got them to fire one up for me. it took a little persuasion, since i mentioned i had the world edition for years and was hesitant about pulling the trigger and switching carriers. let me know what you think, either hold off and stay with sprint for no real reason, switch it up and grab a new curve 8530 from verizon for almost nothing, or spend a few bucks now and have the nicest BB on the market....

thx
    It's not just a few bucks to go to at&t.
    1. if your contract isnt up for sprint, theres a cancelation fee
    2. the $200+ for the actual device (depending on individual's situation)
    3. and the $90+ a month for (unlimited) txt, voice, and data.

and, where i live, AT&T does NOT have very widespread coverage, it's, to put it simply, hit or miss

so, with that said...
    i think, if you want the next best thing, you should wait for the tour 2. it is, like i said, the second best and only costs ~$60 a month for up keep. that's over 700 dollars saved over at&t in a 2 year contract (given, you are under the conditions above.)

so the real question:
    is the 9700 worth $720 over the essex?
    or
    can you wait maybe 2 months?

...if you choose the later.. the time will fly by, it's (almost) the holiday season, and january will be here in no time.
    12-01-09 08:42 PM
    Is this rumored 15th date for VZW or Sprint?
    8530 is already on sale at verizon. Released on the 20th of November.
    12-01-09 10:17 PM
    I was going to wait for the essex im headed to bestbuy in the morning just might get the storm2 by then ill have my upgrade for my second line in march
    12-01-09 10:20 PM
    8530 is already on sale at verizon. Released on the 20th of November.
    i believe he was asking about the essex
    12-01-09 11:25 PM
    Dec 15th would be nice seeing the 16th is my birthday!!

Wow, mine's the 21st and my wife's is the 9th.
    12-02-09 05:22 AM
    still no official release date....

12-02-09 07:20 AM
    with each passing day..it seems more and more likely santa won't come this year
    12-02-09 09:31 AM
    still no official release date....

Quit whining.

And put a shirt on.
    12-02-09 04:55 PM
    Won't see it until Q1 2010. Sorry guys. I was hoping for it by xmas as well. Won't see it until early 2010 though. My 8330 is really at it's limit. I'll probably go out and buy a third-party 9630 while I wait for the Essex.
    12-02-09 06:37 PM
23,186 ... 89101112 ...