Of course there's someone out there / here.

I'd be curious to know if the problem with reboots could be app-related. I had the occasional reboot, but it went away with a reload. You've had it with different OS loads on one device. Are you reloading an app or settings?
    12-26-13 01:36 PM
    I was running a headless app (and now a device-less app): On Location. Also another Headless Watcher. On location was actually doing something as it turned my device to Vibrate when I arrived at PT this morning. Had Kindle open and was reading while they "stimulated" me - only back and thigh!

Put the device away, came home and there was the Blue Logo but I could tell it was "reloading" very slowly.

I've called verizon and another overnight is on the way. Arrived by 3pm tomorrow (my comment: unless ups/fedex are still catching up). So since this morning at about 9am, it got to 99% (which it was for 3 hours more or less). So I just tried reloading the OS. Could not find Pin#. Power button does nothing. So I pressed the vol +- buttons and it found the pin but is now in the slow blue logo cycle, so it did not load the OS.

Re-energized the 9930 (mentioned in bb group). Wow, while it works, it feels like a stone tablet! And I forgot, the Back-button and the "o" key were hit and miss and they still are.

Oy.................... car totaled. But so far VW has not asked for their loaner car back.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-26-13 05:35 PM
    More info. Just managed to get the Internet Explorer software update method to grab! What happens if it even detects the PIN is that it asks you to use the power button to turn it off. That does not work - holding for the suggested 10 seconds does nothing nor does 30 seconds. But I pressed both volume buttons again. No, but the 3rd time was the charm - maybe. It claims it is reloading and could take an hour. But even if it does, this one is going back.

Now, I do use the Playbook charger but it was NOT on the charger when it did this. And the random reboots were when I was out and about.
    12-26-13 05:42 PM
    Sorry to hear the car was totaled. Actually, no. Happy to hear that!! You NEED a new car!!!!!!!!!!

I use only PB chargers for my phone. In fact I bought two more to have as spares.
    So i doubt that is it either.

Glad you have a replacement on the way!! You need to swap out that one for another.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-26-13 06:03 PM
    Sorry to hear the car was totaled. Actually, no. Happy to hear that!! You NEED a new car!!!!!!!!!!

I use only PB chargers for my phone. In fact I bought two more to have as spares.
    So i doubt that is it either.

Glad you have a replacement on the way!! You need to swap out that one for another.
    Yup, this time, this one goes back to Verizon. It seems to be reloading but the progress bar is not doing much. But it has only been about 20 minutes.

Yeah, nothing like throwing $30,000 at a problem to make it go away!!!! Mine was 14 years old but still looked pretty good.

Now I got to decide on color. Maybe I should take a poll.

Subaru Outback | The New 2014 Outback Wagon

colors are on the left edge of the picture frame.
    12-26-13 06:11 PM

I like the deep indigo pearl
    12-26-13 07:40 PM

Venetian Red Pearl would be my choice.
    12-26-13 07:59 PM
    Seems that it is stalled on the loading OS. It has not moved in about 2 hours. I killed that process and got the damn blinking RED.

Tried reloading 1055 (since the newest seems to be a corrupt download (others have also complained) about 6 times. It actually took and the OS 1055 is loaded. But I'm remaining on wifi since the 9930 is using the cell connection/verizon.
    12-26-13 08:47 PM
    Venetian Red Pearl would be my choice.
    The red car I had was extremely unlucky for me. Unfortunately I would never go red again.

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    12-26-13 09:53 PM
    The red car I had was extremely unlucky for me. Unfortunately I would never go red again.

So what color are you suggesting?
    12-26-13 09:56 PM
    I am leaning toward something not too dark as the dark colors show dirt and particularly the crap thrown up when driving in snow/slush. My current (sniff) was a dark green. Looked great when newly washed but otherwise a bit dingy.

Dealer, ahem INTERNET dealer (two sides to dealerships these days) indicated a blue was coming in but I don't recall which blue.

I was thinking of, was it the Tungsten color? My sister says you can't find your car in a crowded parking lot it it is silver!

My friend thinks white is safer as it is most visible (unless in snow).

Keep those cards and letters coming.
    12-26-13 10:10 PM

I've had my red Thunderbird for 20 years. I wanted a red Malibu, but the dealer couldn't find that color anywhere in SOCAL.
    12-26-13 10:22 PM
    I am leaning toward something not too dark as the dark colors show dirt and particularly the crap thrown up when driving in snow/slush. My current (sniff) was a dark green. Looked great when newly washed but otherwise a bit dingy.

Dealer, ahem INTERNET dealer (two sides to dealerships these days) indicated a blue was coming in but I don't recall which blue.

I was thinking of, was it the Tungsten color? My sister says you can't find your car in a crowded parking lot it it is silver!

My friend thinks white is safer as it is most visible (unless in snow).

Keep those cards and letters coming.
    My insurance agent told the same thing about colors, that they have fewer accident claims with white cars.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-26-13 10:24 PM
    So what color are you suggesting?
    Any color but red. Lol. I currently have a brown/grey metallic. I like white pearl or light blue or even a deep sapphire. Lol. Or black. Black was a lucky color for me as well as far as cars go.

12-27-13 07:11 AM
    My insurance agent told the same thing about colors, that they have fewer accident claims with white cars.
    She probably got it from AARP.

No for black. Possibly for white. The Tungsten might be nice. I'm still favoring the lighter blue over the darker. I really did not need to make this decision. I test drive tomorrow.

And thanks to Underway, I have 1925 installed on the current but soon to be replace unit. And the shipping info says REFURBISHED (I capitalized it!).. Oh, well, I think the one I sent back was new. Ce La whatever!

I probably should get an autoloader for the official Verizon version before sending this one back. DO NOT even suggest LINK!!! It should be banished from the face of the earth and known solar system!
    underway99 and jaydee5799 like this.
    12-27-13 03:24 PM
    The new phone just arrived. I think I will straight away put on the latest Leak. Then go from there...
    underway99 and jaydee5799 like this.
    12-27-13 04:44 PM
    The new phone just arrived. I think I will straight away put on the latest Leak. Then go from there...
    Good Luck Fred!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did it turn out?? 1925 is very good actually.
    12-27-13 09:07 PM
    Odd or maybe not. While the z10 said verizon wireless and had the 3g, when dialing it got a verizon intercept "hang up, power down, power up..." and that did not fix it. Nor did removing the battery, which you have to do to remove the sim card, nor removing, replacing the sim card and battery. They, Verizon tech support need both 500 digit numbers, the imei and some other number. Then turn if off. He did some voodoo and I turned it back on and it worked.

I am slowly putting it back together - no, not restoring settings. Firechest to restore contacts, calendar and Remember apps. Going to piece together some of the android stuff I loaded. I hope this fixes things. The rather PERMANENT lockups were a bit too much. I was dealing very well with the random reboots (except when it happened at the accident scene and I needed my insurance policy number!!!!)

Again, thanks all for the moral support for the morale!

Hey, anyone know where you place Kindle books, particularly, if they have cover jpg images. Obviously, you can only have one file named "cover.jpg" per folder but it does not appear to use folders????
    12-27-13 11:07 PM
    We walked to dinner tonight and she made a good point of noting all of the cars on the street and how they were all "hidden" except all of the white cars kind of glowed and were definitely more noticeable. The problem is that they show every nick or chip in their paint jobs as the undercoat is generally dark. Those small blemishes don't show on most other colors.

Decisions, decisions.................
    12-27-13 11:17 PM

Hey, anyone know where you place Kindle books, particularly, if they have cover jpg images. Obviously, you can only have one file named "cover.jpg" per folder but it does not appear to use folders????
    Look in Device/misc/android/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files

Note the case in the file location.
    12-27-13 11:25 PM
    Glad you are piecing things together F2. Sounds rather odd that you needed to call VZW for the handset to work. But then as I recall I once had so many different handsets they stopped the access to one and activated the one I mailed to them. So I guess I understand the problem.

FF22 likes this.
    12-28-13 07:05 AM
    I just noticed something with the z10 and possibly a ramification of the new 1925 OS. The two pictures I took of the new car have a filename based on the date, rather than the image_001, etc of the prior OS???

I recall someone asking the other day if they uploaded to the cloud, would files be overwritten if the naming started over again. But with the date being incorporated that probably can't happen.
    12-28-13 10:09 PM
    I just noticed something with the z10 and possibly a ramification of the new 1925 OS. The two pictures I took of the new car have a filename based on the date, rather than the image_001, etc of the prior OS???

I recall someone asking the other day if they uploaded to the cloud, would files be overwritten if the naming started over again. But with the date being incorporated that probably can't happen.
    My pics are labeled with image numbers (which IS the date).
    Date underneath. So Image 20131229 is a pic taken today
    12-29-13 10:03 AM
    Hey, Jaydee, just got an email from our friendly folks at Verizon - the White Z10 is now free with a 2 year contract. I wonder if this actually would apply to me since my upgrade is not till March, I think. But, since I would not want to give up my UNlimited data, I would not go for it anyway.

And with the freebies from BB this month, and having to redownload 6gigs of Mireo maps, I'm already up to 12gigs this month!!! Yikes, never had data like that. I wonder if they know what I was doing or if they or the NSA will throttle it back!

Oh, while I have no doubt you and THE OTHERS do not need any reminder

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    12-30-13 12:27 PM
    Does anybody know what the best handsfree device to use with a Blackberry for a car mechanic? The guy that fixes my car is an incredibly hard worker and honest and I wanted to get him something for his extra efforts. However, I do not use one so I have no idea about making and receiving calls while working, instead of cradling it in his shoulder and neck while trying to work. Thanks for your help!
    12-30-13 12:53 PM
23,186 ... 905906907908909 ...