So my horoscope for today says:
    Venturing into unfamiliar territory will cause disaster. You have everything to lose and nothing to gain. It's best to stick to tried and true methods, even if they're boring. A better opportunity to take risks will present itself, but only if you finish your current duties. Remain patient and keep your nose to the grindstone. Encouraging feedback lets you know you are on the right track.

So this means I can't have any wild fun?????????
    Do they know who they're talking about here???
    WOW, I say toss that horoscope in the trash and live it up!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-13 10:40 AM
    Hey Ramblers!! Are you downloading all the new free gifts at BBW?
    Some people sad they had trouble with the movies but I was lucky. They work for me.
    Has anyone found any keepers as far as apps yet?
    Today is a game 116 MB !! Takes up a lot of room.
    The game was even available last night. I grabbed it. I rarely play any but why not have it in reserve. I did remove the Angry Birds game after all of the SENSOR issues yesterday. I missed the stupid movie!!!! It was not free when I checked a number of times.

Chilly here today and I expect from what I've seen will be chilly east of here - very chilly. 30F right now but clear.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:13 PM
    So my horoscope for today says:
    Venturing into unfamiliar territory will cause disaster. You have everything to lose and nothing to gain. It's best to stick to tried and true methods, even if they're boring. A better opportunity to take risks will present itself, but only if you finish your current duties. Remain patient and keep your nose to the grindstone. Encouraging feedback lets you know you are on the right track.

So this means I can't have any wild fun?????????
    Do they know who they're talking about here???
    Just there, you are encouraging mayhem!!!!! Hit the treadmill but not with your face!!!!! Watch that new car. What are your z10 sensors telling you?????
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:16 PM
    Just there, you are encouraging mayhem!!!!! Hit the treadmill but not with your face!!!!! Watch that new car. What are your z10 sensors telling you?????
    I decided that hitting the treadmill is too much like work, so I hit up the Chinese food place for dinner and a half a bottle of wine.
    Encouraging feedback indeed!
    12-04-13 06:34 PM
    I never use my Z for games except Candy Crush. I didn't notice and problems with the sensors. And I guess they are solved now?
    12-04-13 06:39 PM
    I decided that hitting the treadmill is too much like work, so I hit up the Chinese food place for dinner and a half a bottle of wine.
    Encouraging feedback indeed!
    I had Dim Sum for lunch yesterday with enough leftovers for dinner tonight and another night. I did 12 minutes of the tread before gym class.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-13 06:42 PM
    I never use my Z for games except Candy Crush. I didn't notice and problems with the sensors. And I guess they are solved now?
    Yes, solved. It is funny. Folks on the leak did not have problems. It was only the official OS's that had sensor(y) deprivation.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-04-13 06:44 PM
    Yes, solved. It is funny. Folks on the leak did not have problems. It was only the official OS's that had sensor(y) deprivation.
    Weird right? Leaks ok and the official trouble. Makes no sense!

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    12-04-13 08:24 PM
    Hello Ramblers..........
    I didn't bother to get today's free gift...Alpha something. Not my kind of game lol
    Let's hope the next ones are something I can use.
    12-04-13 08:45 PM
    Okay, I just posted this in the z10 forum but will give you folks a private shot at my latest troubles

I don't know what happened. I think only the Battery Evaluator program was running.

Pulled out my Z10 and it was dead. Pressed Power button - no reaction. Plugged it into the charger. Pressed and held both volume buttons and eventually the B/W Blackberry showed and then the Blue Logo with the progressing outer circle. It has been going for about an hour and now shows 97 percent. (now about 20 minutes later and it went from 97 to 98%)

Running the official OS 10.2.0.xxxxx that I loaded using Sachesi about 2 or 3 weeks ago on my Verizon model.

Any ideas what might have happened?

I'm hoping that if it completes the boot, that everything is intact. But we shall see..........
    12-04-13 09:38 PM
    After more than 4 hours, I gave up at 99% and pulled the battery. Blue circle is going slowly again. So something is NOT right.

How does one load 10.2.1.....

I have the file loader file. Oh, wait, how the hell does one remove the sim card. I don't see any place for a thumbnail to grasp it or slide it. It appears that it moves out toward the battery compartment (with battery removed!). Not the other way.

Now all I'm getting is a blinking reddish green light.
    12-05-13 01:09 AM
    Yeah, remove battery to get the SIM card. Try booting without it? Also try booting without SD card they say.
    12-05-13 06:41 AM
    After more than 4 hours, I gave up at 99% and pulled the battery. Blue circle is going slowly again. So something is NOT right.

How does one load 10.2.1.....

I have the file loader file. Oh, wait, how the hell does one remove the sim card. I don't see any place for a thumbnail to grasp it or slide it. It appears that it moves out toward the battery compartment (with battery removed!). Not the other way.

Now all I'm getting is a blinking reddish green light.
    Do you still need help loading 10.2.1?
    12-05-13 06:41 AM
    Do you still need help loading 10.2.1?
    I definitely need HELP!!!!!!!!

I finally resorted to TRYING the Internet Explorer reload. It is 6:28am and the led is solid green. The Updating BB Device process' progress bar appears to be about 3/4 of the way done. I started this process at around 2am (got up for other reasons and noticed the LINK method seemed stalled). So in 4.5 hours, this is going very slowly if anything is really happening!

When it started, it did show my z10's Pin number so there was some communication between this install process and the phone.

As to what is happening behind the dark screen with the green led, I have no idea.

Obviously, if this succeeds, I will be with the Verizon OS. So I will be in the market for some improvement. My main fear is losing my contacts and calendar. I think I can't Restore since I had a new OS. And I don't trust link to immediately try syncing with Outlook and allowing my BLANK data to over-write Outlook.

So, yes, I probably will want to load the LEAK 10.2.1 since I will have very little on the device.

But I have a PT appointment at 7:30am (about an hour). And this OS reload probably will still be running for a while.

This is probably enough stream of UNconsciousness for the moment.

But some handholding might be nice later. Or the phone slammed into a wall might be as rewarding as PT!!!!

And I still don't know what killed the phone in the first place!
    12-05-13 08:38 AM
    OK Fred. I don't know what you are doing that is taking so long but you need to download 10.2.1 onto your PC.
    Then plug your phone to the PC. Double click the autoloader (which is the only file in the OS folder).
    Let it install. Takes about 5 minutes tops.
    Then it reboots. DO NOT WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By wiping your will lose MMS sending capability like Underway and I have.

Then start the process of re-downloading your apps and setting up your email accounts.
    12-05-13 08:59 AM
    OK Fred. I don't know what you are doing that is taking so long but you need to download 10.2.1 onto your PC.
    Then plug your phone to the PC. Double click the autoloader (which is the only file in the OS folder).
    Let it install. Takes about 5 minutes tops.
    Then it reboots. DO NOT WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By wiping your will lose MMS sending capability like Underway and I have.

Then start the process of re-downloading your apps and setting up your email accounts.
    I downloaded the file a while ago just in case I wanted to experiment (in terror).

It is not in an OS folder - just the folder where I keep my downloads. When I tried it last night, it opened what I'll call a DOS Program window, showing something about Bootloader and asking for my Password. I did that, saw some numbers quickly appearing but then got a "communication error" message.

But for the moment, getting back to what is now happening (or not), I don't see anything on the z10's screen. Just a solid green led. No little icons or arrows or symbols showing that the z10 is connected to a computer. And it is hard to see if the progress bar has moved at all in this half hour.

But I wll leave to pt in about a minute and see what awaits me when I return.

25F here this morning!!!!
    12-05-13 09:06 AM
    I downloaded the file a while ago just in case I wanted to experiment (in terror).

It is not in an OS folder - just the folder where I keep my downloads. When I tried it last night, it opened what I'll call a DOS Program window, showing something about Bootloader and asking for my Password. I did that, saw some numbers quickly appearing but then got a "communication error" message.

But for the moment, getting back to what is now happening (or not), I don't see anything on the z10's screen. Just a solid green led. No little icons or arrows or symbols showing that the z10 is connected to a computer. And it is hard to see if the progress bar has moved at all in this half hour.

But I wll leave to pt in about a minute and see what awaits me when I return.

25F here this morning!!!!
    OK you clicked what you need to click AFTER you cable the phone to the PC.
    That DOS looking window was the bootloader doing its thing and it stopped because there was no phone to dump the files on.
    12-05-13 09:20 AM
    Well, unless something changes with this newest Link software and attempting to reload the Verizon OS, Verizon is sending me a replacement overnight.

Actually, I'm not sure what is attempting to upgrade/reload the OS. Maybe it was the Rim "services" after I rebooted computer. But it is again, kind of stuck at 3/4 progress bar. It moves along swiftly to 3/4. Then slows to crawl or stops moving.

What is interesting is they mentioned WARRANTY. I thought that they did not honor it on my private purchase of BRAND new Verizon z10. Maybe it is under my insurance but no mention of deductible. Oh, well, the computers will figure that part out.

Now off to Costco where I will purchase a giant bag of potato chips as well as the Chocolate Mints and who knows what else!
    12-05-13 12:37 PM
    OK so you are not going to attempt anything?

12-05-13 12:49 PM
    OK so you are not going to attempt anything?

Homicide of a phone!

I just tried again. The processing starts but stalls. Just a green led.
    12-05-13 02:32 PM
    I really think threatening it with death worked!

I really was ready to throw in the towel wrapped around a brick and the z10. Two more tries. Once with Sachesi (nada) and another Loader Leak. This time I saw the WRITE number increasing and it did NOT "communications error" on me. And it kept writing. And you were RIGHT. It really did not take long.

So now I've got a "leaky" but working Z10 with another confirmed on the way for delivery tomorrow. I love being able to directly install apk files!!!! What a hoot.

I really do wish I knew what bricked it yesterday. It was so very dead. It did take lots of tries over more than 18 hours and I still don't know what finally got it to take an OS!

Now, of course, I canNOT find my most recent backup to restore contacts/calendar. And, damn LINK would not find my z10 while Sachesi did and I'm restoring an older backup which may or may not contain contacts/cal.
    12-05-13 04:57 PM
    Fred,
    When they new one comes, load 10.2.1 on it first and then add all your apps etc.
    Glad its working now for a while for you!
    12-05-13 05:18 PM
    Wow, Fred....just read all this. What a nightmare. So now it works and you're getting a replacement. LOL, probably for the best.
    And yes, install 10.2.1 right away before you do anything as you won't have to do a wipe. Which will mess up your mms settings.
    12-05-13 05:40 PM
    Fred,
    When they new one comes, load 10.2.1 on it first and then add all your apps etc.
    Glad its working now for a while for you!
    And Hamster.....

I will look over the one they send - new or refurb? And make a decision. I guess I should try bouncing this one around a bit and see if I can kill it again. After LINKing it again at 2am, I really was tired and really thought it would run through and load. 6am - no such luck. Left it and still no luck. But I tried a bunch last night and then mid-morning and then afternoon. Suddenly it worked.

I HATE COMPUTERS!
    12-05-13 05:49 PM
    Question, there's this irritating band across the screen "recent apps are to the left" - how do I get rid of it????
    12-05-13 06:31 PM
23,186 ... 899900901902903 ...