That's a problem. Normally the battery pull fixes that. I'd look at resetting to factory defaults to see if it's a setting out of place.
    10-16-13 04:31 PM
    That's a problem. Normally the battery pull fixes that. I'd look at resetting to factory defaults to see if it's a setting out of place.
    How do I do that?
    10-16-13 04:33 PM
    Use BlackBerry Link. I don't know if it is destructive or just resets the default settings. I'd backup first.
    10-16-13 04:35 PM
    Use BlackBerry Link. I don't know if it is destructive or just resets the default settings. I'd backup first.
    Definitely backup first.
    10-16-13 04:39 PM
    I installed a free app called TaskManager.
    It showed me 6 Android processes running. SO I killed them all.
    Im still charging so I can't tell if the temp will go down.
    I need at least ONE 100% battery.
    10-16-13 04:55 PM
    Let's hope this sorts it out. Strange how all of a sudden this is happening.
    10-16-13 05:34 PM
    I have been charging since 4:30. Now past 6:30.....battery went from 45 to 71.
    Is that a bit SLOW??????????????????? Temp still at 38C
    10-16-13 05:41 PM
    That does seem slow. Wth.
    10-16-13 05:47 PM
    I know right? Oh well. It stays in till 100 and then overnight I can try charging another dead one.
    I even woke up during the night last night to check the temp on the phone. Crazy, right?
    10-16-13 05:48 PM
    What's it at now?
    10-16-13 06:08 PM
    up to 76%.
    I plugged directly to the wall with my phone instead of into a power strip.
    10-16-13 06:23 PM
    Yes.. Back up your phone and wipe and set back to new phone condition.. I hate doing it too, but sometimes you can't find the culprit until everything is erased and start over.. WAY TOO MUCH BATTERY DRAIN..

Sent from my DNA
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-16-13 06:23 PM
    Yes.. Back up your phone and wipe and set back to new phone condition.. I hate doing it too, but sometimes you can't find the culprit until everything is erased and start over.. WAY TOO MUCH BATTERY DRAIN..

Sent from my DNA
    I suppose I can always do that. Gonna give it a chance tonight and see what happens. I really don't wanna wipe and reload the OS but if its the only way, I will do it on the weekend. But I understand what you're saying...you are right. Underway believes it too. There must be something that I can't find that's gonna keep it running hot.
    10-16-13 06:27 PM
    "Our principal here (my boss) said something quite intelligent when he told them "they are 15 years old and let's not let them be defined for what they do at 15. If that was true for me, I wouldn't be here."

So very true for many of YOU!

Dare I admit we use to try beaning old folks MY AGE with water balloons from our 6th floor apt! The prison sentence these days would be: 2 years in reform school!
    shaleem likes this.
    10-16-13 07:24 PM
    OK Ramblers: big trouble in JayDeeville.
    My batteries (yes, it has happened to three different ones!) are draining AS I WATCH THEM. they lose power as I watch, the numbers change that fast! And the phone is consistently at 37-39C so that's about 96-102 degrees. Consistently. Whether I am charging, talking on the phone or letting it sit in my purse. I have wifi wherever I go. Proven wifi. No trying to connect and not connecting.

I have removed battery for extended 30 minute period, twice. As soon as I put it back in, the temp shoots up again. All this leads me to believe there is something running that needs to be killed. So I remembered how Underway told me about Ghost Commander file manager. I installed it again and took a look. I saw a couple of android things that I didn't want and one was from an app I had deleted. So I got rid of those two folders.

I pulled the battery again and am waiting for the 30 minutes to put it back in. At 40 percent for every battery I own (all 3) and so I need to charge at least two of them this evening so I can make it through lunch tomorrow.

I am getting about 5-6 hours on a 100% charge. Not typical for me. AT ALL!!! And the fact that it is always running hot proves that there is trouble somewhere.

I tried to retrace my steps and delete the last app I added. I have done that now. And a few others I wasn't using. I still have three sideloads that I want to keep. Onstar, Instagram, and Sirius. I have used all three and have never had a problem with them. So I will leave right now and see if this crappy little app I installed the other day (on the weekend when this all started) is the cause. Hopefully, it is!!!!!!

Wanted to post this so you guys can read it and get your ideas flowing: if you have any suggestions, I should be back on my device in about 20 mins. If you want to post here, that would be great too. Really discouraged with this turn of events. Hopefully it is just a rogue app....like I said. Last thing I installed.

The three batteries are no older than my phone...April till now. what? 6 months? One is even another month newer than that. SHouldn't they be lasting longer than 5-6 hours? Well, don't answer that. I KNOW they should. and they HAVE! I don't know what changed from Sunday to now but its gotta be an app????????

What do you guys think? No opinion is too insignificant. Please! I am really distressed over this!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could your phone be having trouble finding with DATA or 4g (or whatever it is these days)? That can chew up power. What is the unnamed little app you installed over the weekend, if you care to reveal that?
    10-16-13 07:28 PM
    I installed a free app called TaskManager.
    It showed me 6 Android processes running. SO I killed them all.
    Im still charging so I can't tell if the temp will go down.
    I need at least ONE 100% battery.
    Where did you get that and will it run on 10.1.xxxxx (official Verizon)
    10-16-13 07:30 PM
    You your phone be having trouble finding with DATA or 4g (or whatever it is these days)? That can chew up power. What is the unnamed little app you installed over the weekend, if you care to reveal that?
    The app I downloaded over the weekend was a wallpaper app called Halloween Screams. I downloaded it just for the icon of a pumpkin for my screen shots. LOL
    But I dumped it because I thought maybe it was the problem.

My first battery has charged to 100 and now I have replaced it with another drained one starting at 52% so during the night that one will be charged as well.
    10-16-13 07:32 PM
    Where did you get that and will it run on 10.1.xxxxx (official Verizon)
    I got TaskManager from BBRY World. It was free....by akgotis or some funny name like that

Don't know It said available for my device so I downloaded it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-16-13 07:33 PM
    Any update on BBM??

Sent from my DNA
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-17-13 09:59 AM
    Any update on BBM??

Sent from my DNA
    Not a word. But we are joining in a BBM SLUMBER PARTY while we wait for it!
    LOL

Hey Ramblers! I think my battery woes are cured. I used Task Manager to kill a bunch of Android processes and now my phone routinely stays at 30 or 29C and when I charge it gets hotter of course...maybe 35 but it goes back down after. So I think whew! Whatever it was is fixed!

I have been able to use my XM radio and it doesn't blow up my phone so Im glad I didn't delete those few Android sideloads that I like.
    FF22 and underway99 like this.
    10-17-13 10:33 AM
    That's great news! I'm glad it's sorted out.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-17-13 11:32 AM
    Has anyone heard anything concrete about BBM? The rumor is still tomorrow the 18th.
    buford07 likes this.
    10-17-13 11:52 AM
    I got TaskManager from BBRY World. It was free....by akgotis or some funny name like that

Don't know It said available for my device so I downloaded it.
    Downloaded it. Shows some oddly named processes running but I probably can't complain about my battery life. I will get the list posted (furnace install is happening - HEAT!!!) Oh, just opened it again and only a skype-y thing and TaskManager are running!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-17-13 12:29 PM
    Glad about the furnace! It's warm enough here that we haven't had to use ours yet.
    This weekend tho might be a different story!

I shut down every process Task manager listed! I like it.
    10-17-13 12:36 PM
    Glad about the furnace! It's warm enough here that we haven't had to use ours yet.
    This weekend tho might be a different story!

I shut down every process Task manager listed! I like it.
    Yesterday the fog persisted till a bit after 4pm and sunset was not that far behind! Still foggy now at 12:20pm. They are cutting and shaping sheet metal to fit the output size to my duct work. It would be nice if it were a bit quieter than the last one which was not bad.
    10-17-13 02:21 PM
23,186 ... 872873874875876 ...