I recently tasted a Sam Adams Octoberfest and I CAN'T STOP DRINKING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a pretty good beer. I'm drinking a Stone Ruination IPA tonight. One of my favorites.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-08-13 08:26 PM
    Let's hope it's soon. I'm a still-furloughed Federal employee with lots of time to load a new OS.
    Hey, you want to load a leak on my z10? How 'bout the "new" OS upgrade for my pb64? I'm too squeamish!

We went to Lake Quinault Lodge and most of the trails around there, Olympic National Park, were closed due to the furlough. They even had access to Kalalock Lodge blocked with ecology blocks.

Hope you are doing okay otherwise.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-10-13 04:32 PM
    Oh, it's coming. They promised. That's the House of Representatives throwing a bone to the federal workforce. We just won't get it until after a deal is made.

Wait...that promise is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States of America...which might not quite work out after next week...hmmm

I might need to look at a new career. Something with a company that has legs, that you know will be there for the long haul and will look after its employees. That's not the federal government any more. I wonder if BlackBerry is hiring?
    Sounds like there may be openings: Halifax BB!!!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-10-13 04:34 PM
    Cheers

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk now Free
    That's one BIG can! (g)
    jaydee5799 and buford07 like this.
    10-10-13 04:35 PM
    So if you always thought that you had bad luck, you haven't got to worry about anything because I have you beat. I mean, not in the tragically awful medical way, but in everyday minor annoyances and "doesn't that figure?" I bet I got a leg up on ya.

Let me tell you my latest. About a week ago, our gas company rang the doorbell and said they wanted to replace our gas meter in the cellar because it had been a number of years since our meter was updated and we were due to have it replaced. So the man replaced it, tested the furnace, the gas fireplace and stove. Fine

Then a day later I smell gas. So I tell the Einstein that I live with...my husband...I smell gas. Somethings wrong. No he says. They replaced the meter. There must be some escaped gas in the cellar that has no way to leave. Let it dissipate and it will clear up. OK. So I don't say anything else but I notice he begins shutting the cellar door during the day when we are home. Strange right? being that my cats go downstairs to use the littler box!!!!!!!!!!!

So I go to work and come home day after day and smell the gas worse each time. Today I came home to an empty house, and the smell made me practically sick to stomach. I called the gas company finally and said get somebody over here!!!!!!!!

She keeps me on the line while she calls dispatch. Then she gets on the line with me and says here are some safety tips: don't light candles (brainiac...you rival my husband!), don't open the windows or doors, don't use the phone (I immediately picked up my phone and called Zaibun!) Don't turn anything on, don't turn the tv on, (was already on) don't use the shower (already did when I came home from the gym), and if you want EVACUATE!

OK by the time I heard that I was beside myself. Of course, HE doesn't answer the phone because he is unreachable at the moment...

So the gas man comes and I have to break safety rule number 13 and OPEN THE DOOR to let him in....and he says Oh I smell it out here.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now he says there is a loose fitting on the water heater (gas water heater) and he is working on it now.

Good thing none of us are smokers........................................... .............
    FF22, underway99 and middbrew like this.
    10-10-13 05:15 PM
    So update:
    The gas man says there's "quite a reading" down there in the cellar.
    After I pick myself up off the floor, he tells me the reading is holding steady so its been leaking for a while. He is coming back in around 15 minutes from now to check the readings.

If it starts to go down, then he knows he found the leak...a loose fitting that he fixed.
    He said the level is not dangerous to your health but we need to lower the level.....
    Maybe he means we need to stop the active leak because if you light a candle down there to dissipate the smell you will fokking blow up your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a BIG FOKKING Gun and Tonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bartender....make it a double!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-10-13 05:16 PM
    Second update:
    I have all the windows and doors open (now breaking safety rule # 12 and 13) and a fan running (rule # 9).
    It's nice and cool in here, along with a lovely gas smell.

FML
    10-10-13 05:16 PM
    Third update:
    My son comes home and I tell him Nat Grid is here because of the gas smell...and he says..............WHAT GAS SMELL?

He got all his genes from his father, OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-10-13 05:17 PM
    Fourth update:
    I have decided to make myself a salad for supper (breaking rule #4 opening the fridge) and (rule # 15 using a sharp object). However, I will live with the consequences because I am hungry!

Can't smell gas anymore cause its too damn cold in here now with all the doors and windows open!
    10-10-13 05:17 PM
    Fifth update:
    He found another leak.
    He is patching it now.
    Getting colder in here by the minute. Now wearing a sweater and making tea. (breaking rules # 22 and 6 in the process....don't use the stove and don't turn on the lights) but had to open the closet and turn on the lights to find my sweater.....
    10-10-13 05:20 PM
    Sounds like you broke all the rules lol..you to funny...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-13 05:24 PM
    Just spoke to my husband and he said, "WHAT GAS SMELL?"

Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here. Beam me up!
    10-10-13 05:36 PM
    Sounds like you broke all the rules lol..you to funny...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate my humor! Most people think I should be on a stage............
    one going to the west coast as fast as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FF22 and middbrew like this.
    10-10-13 05:36 PM
    JayDee is an excelllent writer! Always has me cracking up..the visuals are insane
    10-10-13 05:43 PM
    I can't keep track of the LIKES.

You know if you lit a candle, you could have burned off the excess gas - and gotten a new home to go with the new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But great story telling, just great. A friend had a new gas stove top installed. I smelled gas, she did not. I visited again and smelled gas, she said new stove. I visited a third time - I SMELL GAS!!! "Maybe I should call the gas company!" Me: YES, damn it! She only had a little leak.

You are lucky. Within the last two years, there was an incident locally. Lightning storm apparently charged the gas line. From reports, the charge can blow tiny pinholes in the line. THE COMPANY was called. All is okay. Except later than night, someone did turn on a light - house went boom and two persons very injured, one badly.

Gas leak caused house explosion, fire in north Seattle | KING5.com Seattle

I think there were follow up storied that explained the lightning???? Ah....

Can dangerous gas leaks be stopped? - seattlepi.com
    10-10-13 05:58 PM
    Wow Jaydee! Just, wow
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-10-13 06:02 PM
    Good news. The gas smell is finally gone and I am confident we are out of danger!

Posted via CB10
    FF22, shaleem and buford07 like this.
    10-11-13 05:54 AM
    Good news JayDee. I agree with F2, you missed your opportunity to get a new home to go along with your new car.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-11-13 06:15 AM
    Good news JayDee. I agree with F2, you missed your opportunity to get a new home to go along with your new car.
    I suppose I could have tried for that, except I have three cats and you know what they say about herding them out of the house.....
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-13 06:24 AM
    Scary stuff!!
    I guess my mom was thinking this exact thing because when I told her, she immediately got sick to her stomach and had to hang up!
    10-11-13 06:25 AM
    If things had REALLY worked out, you could have had a new car to replace your new car. Maybe a 2014 with everything to go in the new garage?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-11-13 10:06 AM
    If things had REALLY worked out, you could have had a new car to replace your new car. Maybe a 2014 with everything to go in the new garage?
    Good thing I didn't find out!
    10-11-13 10:58 AM
    So what's on tap for the Ramblers this weekend???
    10-11-13 12:37 PM
    Long weekend too for us all!
    Anyone have to work on Monday???
    10-11-13 12:38 PM
    Gotta work this weekend!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk now Free
    10-11-13 12:39 PM
23,186 ... 865866867868869 ...