That's why I've not loaded anything new too. Using the autoloader forces you to restore after the OS upgrade. I've not done an OTA upgrade yet, but I understand that the OTA doesn't require restoring from a backup.
    You're correct OTA does not. It's so much easier.
    09-28-13 10:25 PM
    It's is what I'm waiting for. The official 10.2 ota and I won't have to restore everything else

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-29-13 09:34 AM
    Unfortunately, it takes AT&T forever to release updates! They are just as slow with android updates too.
    09-29-13 09:39 AM
    Get a Roger's sim Shaleem. Then you just have to switch and dl. That is when Roger's gets the update that is, but I know it will be before ATT for sure.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-29-13 09:47 AM
    Get a Roger's sim Shaleem. Then you just have to switch and dl. That is when Roger's gets the update that is, but I know it will be before ATT for sure.
    Let me see if I understand. I have a Verizon Z10. But a trip to Canada seems likely in the next month or two. Can I just get a Rogers (or Bell or ???) sim card and insert it, in place of my Verizon sim? No plan is necessary? Do I have to purchase the sim or do they just give them away?
    09-29-13 11:05 AM
    Let me see if I understand. I have a Verizon Z10. But a trip to Canada seems likely in the next month or two. Can I just get a Rogers (or Bell or ???) sim card and insert it, in place of my Verizon sim? No plan is necessary? Do I have to purchase the sim or do they just give them away?
    Sorry but this will work only with gsm phones. You can't do it with vzw....

Posted via Z's Z10
    09-29-13 11:25 AM
    No you can't VZW doesn't allow that because they are CDMA.
    09-29-13 12:32 PM
    You people really know how to ruin a guy's morning!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 12:53 PM
    You people really know how to ruin a guy's morning!
    Awww sowwry F2!!
    Hey why aren't you out climbing something...Mt Everest or something? You have more energy than anyone I know!!!
    09-29-13 12:54 PM
    Awww sowwry F2!!
    Hey why aren't you out climbing something...Mt Everest or something? You have more energy than anyone I know!!!
    Well, yesterday's record rainfall for Sept may be one reason. Today's expected even more might be another reason. Although, at the moment, it is not raining but looks like it might and the winds are powerful. I did just go out to the garage (can you imagine a detached garage in this climate!!) and attached one of those suction disks to an older contraption - not atop my dash. It is part of the Car Mount I got with my $100 gift certificate (I got the Arkon overkill mount!). I noticed it is a "universal disk" since it is the same size as the TomTom one I never used. Suctioned the tomtom to it - terrific. I will take out the gooseneck thingie for the phone next and see how that goes.

I did a brief bike ride on thurs - my mountain bike gets heavier and heavier and this is the season for less road bike and more mt bike!!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 01:25 PM
    OH good!! The car mount I bought was not expensive and I already bent the usb a bit. I guess I try to configure the thing and drive and well, who knows what I did. LOL but It still works fine and I like having the car mount.

And you are forgiven for not going out in the wind and rain!
    I don't go out on a bike ever....so I cannot say when someone should go.
    09-29-13 01:30 PM
    The Verizon Z10 is a global phone. You should be able to have VZW unlock your SIM socket. Then you can buy a SIM in Canada.
    09-29-13 01:50 PM
    VZW can do that? What do you have to do...bring it in?
    09-29-13 01:51 PM
    Just call them and say you want to unlock your phone for use overseas. They'll give you a one code to enter and it's done. You then buy a SIM wherever you go, install and you're all set.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 02:07 PM
    Just call them and say you want to unlock your phone for use overseas. They'll give you a one code to enter and it's done. You then buy a SIM wherever you go, install and you're all set.
    Good info because you never know when I will hop a plane to Paris or Switzerland. School trips you know. Always looking for people to chaperone!
    09-29-13 02:13 PM
    Librarians can be chaperones?
    09-29-13 02:16 PM
    Librarians can be chaperones?
    Yes I am a teacher. Considered a teacher even if I wasn't one. Which I am. Certified in English 6-12 and Elementary PreK-6. My masters is in Library and Information Science. BS in Education.
    And my best friend is a Spanish teacher who likes to take trips with the kids. SO maybe I will go someday soon!
    I love to travel but haven't done nearly enough of it.
    09-29-13 02:22 PM
    Nice. I didn't realize that you were a teacher too.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 02:32 PM
    The Verizon Z10 is a global phone. You should be able to have VZW unlock your SIM socket. Then you can buy a SIM in Canada.
    I thought that these bb10 phones were already UNlocked? Am on HOLD with Verizon-Global at this moment.....

Just POP in a foreign sim card. "All 4lte phones are unlocked" is the closest to the quote I can get.

But I would not mind being double-checked: 800-771-8300
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 02:34 PM
    Good info because you never know when I will hop a plane to Paris or Switzerland. School trips you know. Always looking for people to chaperone!
    Yeah, sure, you-betcha! Can I do it, too. I would pass background checks!
    09-29-13 02:36 PM
    I thought that these bb10 phones were already UNlocked? Am on HOLD with Verizon-Global at this moment.....

Just POP in a foreign sim card. "All 4lte phones are unlocked" is the closest to the quote I can get.

I'd read that they were, but I hadn't checked yet.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 02:40 PM

Sounds right. They say its already unlocked so buy a sim and use it? Can it be that easy? Do you get data with that or just phone service?
    09-29-13 02:52 PM
    Depends on what you buy.
    09-29-13 02:53 PM
    Depends on what you buy.
    SO i could buy a sim with data as well?
    Then BBM would work right????
    09-29-13 03:06 PM
    I think so.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-13 03:10 PM
23,186 ... 857858859860861 ...