Finished product.. Damn it boy!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-uploadfromtaptalk1380235422344.jpg  
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-13 05:44 PM
    Well, don't scream too loud, please. I have a headache.
    Oh sorry!
    I had that damn headache yesterday....and it only got worse as the day progressed.
    09-26-13 05:44 PM
    Finished product.. Damn it boy!!

Who the h3ll is eating all that food??????
    I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-26-13 05:45 PM
    I want some of that.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:18 PM
    OK when I win....you send me steaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You win....I send you lobsters!
    That's a deal

jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:34 PM
    Grilling and chilling!

Oh, I like your vegetable - sausages!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:58 PM
    I didn't know what a good griller you are. Invite me over next time!!!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    buford07 likes this.
    09-26-13 07:32 PM
    But what if I win? Hey, it could happen. LOL!

Posted with my Z10
    09-26-13 08:18 PM
    Well if YOU win, then we would have to make a side bet!
    I'm dreaming of grilled ribeye steaks now! I might even have to go buy me a couple. Damn you Buford!! Now I'm hungry!
    buford07 likes this.
    09-27-13 07:04 AM
    Hello Ramblers.

Anyone try the new leak? I don't think I will. Not much difference I don't think?
    09-27-13 07:49 AM
    Can't beat a good ole Texas steak!!

shaleem and jaydee5799 like this.
    09-27-13 08:09 AM
    Hello Ramblers.

Anyone try the new leak? I don't think I will. Not much difference I don't think?
    How do you mean "not much difference"? That likely depends on what you're using now. If I were on 1047 or the last carrier release, I'd be all over this.

Having said that, I grabbed this latest leak when it posted. I've not pulled trigger because it's a PITA to put everything back after the install.
    09-27-13 08:16 AM
    How do you mean "not much difference"? That likely depends on what you're using now. If I were on 1047 or the last carrier release, I'd be all over this.

Having said that, I grabbed this latest leak when it posted. I've not pulled trigger because it's a PITA to put everything back after the install.
    That's why I'm not bothering. I will wait for an official. 1047 is fine for me. No problems
    09-27-13 09:09 AM
    Hello Ramblers.

They always say this is better and that is better. but that is after I go through and restore everything and set all the setting the way I like and open all my apps and connect them to BBM and .....
    poopies. too much work. Im lazy
    underway99 likes this.
    09-27-13 09:11 AM
    Anyone see this today?

TORONTO (Reuters) - BlackBerry Ltd reported a quarterly loss of nearly $1 billion on Friday, in line with last week's warning, days after accepting its largest shareholder's tentative $4.7 billion bid to take it out of the public eye.

BlackBerry, which had warned of poor results on September 20, said its net loss for the second quarter ended on August 31 was $965 million, or $1.84 a share. Revenue fell 45 percent to $1.6 billion from a year earlier.

The loss included a writedown of about $934 million for unsold Z10 phones, a touchscreen model that the company had hoped would reverse its fading fortunes. The phone has sold badly with business and consumer customers alike.

"This write-off is very real," said Morningstar analyst Brian Colello. "They bought a lot of inventory hoping to sell it. The auditors were not convinced that BlackBerry can sell it or sell it at prices that the company was hoping for. We see no reason to be more optimistic than them."

Excluding the Z10 writedown and restructuring costs, BlackBerry reported a loss of $248 million, or 47 cents a share.

The company plans to shed 4,500 jobs, or more than one-third of its workforce, as it shrinks to focus on corporate and government customers. It will not host the typical post-results call for investors after signing a tentative $9-a-share agreement to be acquired by a consortium led by Fairfax Financial, its largest shareholder, on Monday.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company's steep revenue decline and mounting losses have revived fears that BlackBerry, a pioneer in the smartphone sector, faces an ignominious death.

"We are very disappointed with our operational and financial results this quarter and have announced a series of major changes to address the competitive hardware environment and our cost structure," Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins said in the earnings statement.

BlackBerry said Heins was available for an interview.

The company said it had sold 5.9 million mostly older-model phones in the quarter but only recognized revenue from 3.7 million, given that many sales had already been booked. By contrast, Apple Inc sold 9 million of its new iPhone 5c and 5s models in the three days after launch.

Shares of BlackBerry rose 2 percent to $8.11 in trading before the market opened. The stock remains far below Monday's bid price, indicating doubts that the Fairfax deal would be completed or a rival offer would emerge.

BlackBerry said last week it would no longer market its devices to consumers, instead focusing on the professional users that brought its first success and won the little devices the moniker "Crackberry" for their addictive nature.

That retreat from the consumer market has already had an impact. Telecom operator T-Mobile US Inc said it would no longer stock the devices in its stores, instead shipping them to anyone who come in to order a BlackBerry.

Sprint Corp, one of T-Mobile's larger rivals, will take a "wait-and-see" approach.

One of BlackBerry's main contract manufacturers, Jabil Circuit Inc, said it probably would part ways with the company, its second-largest customer.

(Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson and Lisa Von Ahn)

(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Check for restrictions at: Reuters Brand Attribution Guidelines | Thomson Reuters

data providers

Copyright � 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved. Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.

Page Generated 10:51 AM ET
    09-27-13 09:57 AM
    Yes but I saw another CNN report that says BB is not abandoning their consumer phones or market.
    So what do we believe?
    shaleem likes this.
    09-27-13 11:27 AM
    Yes but I saw another CNN report that says BB is not abandoning their consumer phones or market.
    So what do we believe?
    I wish I knew.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-13 11:35 AM
    My read is that they aren't going to leave the consumers high and dry, but that the consumer market will no longer be a primary focus. I expect that they will shut down the BIS at some point, after they have milked BBOS for all they can get from it. Since BB10 does not require BIS, the infrastructure necessary to support the BB10 devices will be negligible. As an added bonus for the carriers, they will no longer pay BBRY a monthly fee for every BlackBerry device on their networks -- just for the older BBOS devices.

You'll likely still be able to buy a BlackBerry, but you won't find BlackBerry devices on Amazon or in Costco or Best Buy. The carriers will still sell them online or via their telesales folks. T-Mobile announced just this week that BlackBerry devices will no longer be available in their stores, and other carriers are expected to soon follow. We may even see BBRY start direct sales through the carriers.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:04 PM
    My read is that they aren't going to leave the consumers high and dry, but that the consumer market will no longer be a primary focus. I expect that they will shut down the BIS at some point, after they have milked BBOS for all they can get from it. Since BB10 does not require BIS, the infrastructure necessary to support the BB10 devices will be negligible. As an added bonus for the carriers, they will no longer pay BBRY a monthly fee for every BlackBerry device on their networks -- just for the older BBOS devices.

You'll likely still be able to buy a BlackBerry, but you won't find BlackBerry devices on Amazon or in Costco or Best Buy. The carriers will still sell them online or via their telesales folks. T-Mobile announced just this week that BlackBerry devices will no longer be available in their stores, and other carriers are expected to soon follow. We may even see BBRY start direct sales through the carriers.
    Well thru direct sales from carriers only serves to make the demand smaller and the exposure less....so gradually it will all be phased out I would think.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:32 PM
    I would expect consumer sales to drop, but not vanish. I was thinking about BBRY doing the product order fulfilllment. VZW sells the device and service, then buys the device and pays BBRY to ship the device and accessories from its own warehouse. If BBRY is going to focus on the "prosumer" market, it will still need the carriers to provide the network services. VZW has nothing invested in the product, but makes its cash monthly as it does now.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the ideas Underway. That makes sense. I don't pretend to understand it all, but to hear you describe it to me makes sense. Thanks!
    09-27-13 03:48 PM
    Another advantage for BBRY doing its own order fulfillment is that there would be no more discussion about which devices that have been shipped can be counted as sold. Right now, a device on VZW's shelf cannot be counted as sold and the value cannot be transferred from BBRY's inventory. That doesn't happen until VZW (or Sprint, AT&T, O2, Rogers, etc.) actually sells the device to an end-user. If BBRY does the warehousing and fulfillment, then every device that leaves the warehouse is a sale. There would be no more chargeoffs, restatements, or accounting techniques to explain why the company sells fewer devices than it ships and why it (BBRY) can't realize the value of the shipped devices.
    Last edited by underway99; 09-27-13 at 10:21 PM.
    09-27-13 04:49 PM
    All of this makes a lot of sense. Let's see how it plays out. My Zed isn't going anywhere, LOL
    09-27-13 05:34 PM
    Nor is mine. I'll buy several more if we see a fire sale.
    09-27-13 06:03 PM
    Broke down and bought me a good cooler!

Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-uploadfromtaptalk1380323030319.jpg  
    09-27-13 06:04 PM
23,186 ... 855856857858859 ...