I know Buford will install it. I guess I will get rid of my channels as well. I also wonder if groups will be included for Droid and iPhone.
    Hey! This still leaves me with the ability for voice and video with my BlackBerry friends right????
    09-21-13 08:09 PM
    I'd expect so. Dumping channels should just give us back regular BBM for BB10.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-21-13 08:10 PM
    So since they are halting the rollout, I will wait till it starts again and my friends actually DO download. When it starts up, I will downgrade my BBM.

Thanks for all the info and links Underway. We waited a long time for news.
    09-21-13 08:29 PM
    NP. I already dumped the beta. I'm wondering if that could be part of my problem with the reboots. It occurred to me that they didn't start until I loaded the channels beta and the BBM Beta Zone app. They're both gone now.
    09-21-13 08:33 PM
    So how does one get rid of BBM Channels Beta? And get straight BBM? I know there is a bar file to sideload. Do I just sideload it?
    09-21-13 08:41 PM
    NP. I already dumped the beta. I'm wondering if that could be part of my problem with the reboots. It occurred to me that they didn't start until I loaded the channels beta and the BBM Beta Zone app. They're both gone now.
    Could be!!!
    I just dumped the Beta Zone App and channels will be next as soon as they open the downloading again.
    09-21-13 08:45 PM
    So how does one get rid of BBM Channels Beta? And get straight BBM? I know there is a bar file to sideload. Do I just sideload it?
    Yup
    09-21-13 08:53 PM
    Yup
    It will replace the one I have correct? No need to delete the channels one first? Which I don't think I can anyway..
    09-21-13 09:04 PM
    Correct. It will overwrite the installed file.
    jaydee5799 and hamsterwheel like this.
    09-21-13 09:08 PM
    Correct. It will overwrite the installed file.
    OK cool will dump it tomorrow I think

Posted via Z's Z10
    09-21-13 09:18 PM
    OK cool will dump it tomorrow I think

Posted via Z's Z10
    Im gonna wait till they start the rollout again. It could be another week before that happens. No one on the Blog seems to think it will happen very soon.
    09-21-13 09:36 PM
    Im gonna wait till they start the rollout again. It could be another week before that happens. No one on the Blog seems to think it will happen very soon.
    I guess so. What a royal **** up. Can BlackBerry not get anything right these days?
    09-22-13 09:10 AM
    I guess so. What a royal **** up. Can BlackBerry not get anything right these days?
    Wonder how long it is going to be. I think the Apple rollout was doing ok. Except they have the same problem communicating with beta channels users

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    09-22-13 09:13 AM
    Okay, I admit I am not as adventurous as I once was. I don't jump on leaks or hybrids or betas as I did just a few years ago. I didn't know what a "squicle" was and didn't really care (this morning yet another mention led me to Squircle -- from Wolfram MathWorld to find out!

So, not being a big user of bbm - actually, only the GroupBBM some of you folks are in, I have no idea what BBM Channels are but that they are now implicated in botching yet another BB MOMENT.

So I ask: "What the heck (more colorful words would be censored) are BBM Channels?"

Now back to your regularly scheduled football games. I won't ask what those are, through 60+ years, I've absorbed a bit about the sport but only a bit. Oh, and I've been invited to a Seahawks game (2nd football game ever - NY Giants (the football type) many decades ago) in a few weeks and advised to bring earplugs! This invite comes from the owner of my neighborhood Sushi restaurant - a Japanese national who knows all about "our" sports! He laughs at my complete lack of sports enthusiasm!
    09-22-13 10:30 AM
    Okay, I admit I am not as adventurous as I once was. I don't jump on leaks or hybrids or betas as I did just a few years ago. I didn't know what a "squicle" was and didn't really care (this morning yet another mention led me to Squircle -- from Wolfram MathWorld to find out!

So, not being a big user of bbm - actually, only the GroupBBM some of you folks are in, I have no idea what BBM Channels are but that they are now implicated in botching yet another BB MOMENT.

So I ask: "What the heck (more colorful words would be censored) are BBM Channels?"

Now back to your regularly scheduled football games. I won't ask what those are, through 60+ years, I've absorbed a bit about the sport but only a bit. Oh, and I've been invited to a Seahawks game (2nd football game ever - NY Giants (the football type) many decades ago) in a few weeks and advised to bring earplugs! This invite comes from the owner of my neighborhood Sushi restaurant - a Japanese national who knows all about "our" sports! He laughs at my complete lack of sports enthusiasm!
    Lmao at your lack of love for our sports. My husband is the same way. He says that's why we managed to stay together for 34.5 years! And 4 years before that! Anyway channels are like group but not. They are kinda like groups where one person posts things. Links pictures updates to their apps etc.I belong to a few with wallpapers and they just post wallpapers and I can save them if I join.
    09-22-13 11:42 AM
    A "wallie" group? Hog heaven!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-22-13 12:10 PM
    Lmao at your lack of love for our sports. My husband is the same way. He says that's why we managed to stay together for 34.5 years! And 4 years before that! Anyway channels are like group but not. They are kinda like groups where one person posts things. Links pictures updates to their apps etc.I belong to a few with wallpapers and they just post wallpapers and I can save them if I join.
    There have been a couple of women who have appreciated my total lack of interest in "ball" sports. But then some of them have not liked hiking over boulders or zipping through the white stuff on skis!

So, kind of dedicated bbm groups.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-22-13 12:14 PM
    Channels are kind of like twitter where only one person posts stuff. It's usually focused on one subject but not always. It does now have the ability for replies to the posts as well.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-22-13 01:31 PM
    There have been a couple of women who have appreciated my total lack of interest in "ball" sports. But then some of them have not liked hiking over boulders or zipping through the white stuff on skis!

So, kind of dedicated bbm groups.
    Can't live with 'em, can't...
    09-22-13 01:38 PM
    of course, if i have to i will give them up for the ability to get rid of whatsapp and talk to my friends with iphones and androids.
    09-22-13 02:10 PM
    This Z has been really sluggish today. I've restarted a little while back. No change. Do these devices just have their days?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-22-13 02:17 PM
    Can't live with 'em, can't...
    Just CAN'T!!!

Kind of like cell phones (your other comment)
    underway99 likes this.
    09-22-13 03:39 PM
    This Z has been really sluggish today. I've restarted a little while back. No change. Do these devices just have their days?
    I think they DO have their days. Because of my troubles the other day.....
    and now nothing at all.
    09-22-13 04:27 PM
    My Android runtime has frozen a few times. Tapatalk will lock up and seemed I see a message that the runtime has locked. Then the phone reboots.
    09-22-13 04:42 PM
    Hmmm. I haven't had many issues like that. I wonder if it's the cdma variant vs mine?
    09-22-13 04:43 PM
23,186 ... 850851852853854 ...