Morning
    ..so my bbm new msg spark will not go away. There is no new msg or notification or anything. I did a reset and it's still there. Wtf

Posted via Z's Z10
    09-21-13 08:18 AM
    Morning
    ..so my bbm new msg spark will not go away. There is no new msg or notification or anything. I did a reset and it's still there. Wtf

Posted via Z's Z10
    I have a message from Sept 4th still stuck in the hub.
    So join the club. Only thing to fix those is a reload of the OS and I am not going to do it for that.
    09-21-13 08:22 AM
    I am not answering any unanswered today nor am I going into the Challenge thread. People are being bossy again.
    09-21-13 08:23 AM
    So join the club. Only thing to fix those is a reload of the OS and I am not going to do it for that.
    Well just as I typed this, I got a whatsapp msg, and then the BBM spark went away
    09-21-13 08:26 AM
    I am not answering any unanswered today nor am I going into the Challenge thread. People are being bossy again.
    I'm not answering any either. Too much crap. Gonna be a rough weekend.....
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-21-13 08:28 AM
    I'm not answering any either. Too much crap. Gonna be a rough weekend.....
    And the worst people are the ones in the challenge thread. Who died and made them boss?
    09-21-13 08:35 AM
    Well just as I typed this, I got a whatsapp msg, and then the BBM spark went away
    Well that's good. Are you using a third party app? Maybe that got stuck?
    09-21-13 08:48 AM
    Nothing new lately...I dunno
    Oh well its fixed. Was so annoying

Posted via Z's Z10
    09-21-13 09:12 AM
    There is sometimes a problem with restoring backups, but it seems to be getting better. It's still hit or miss though. I generally (all twice) skip the restore.
    I am not concerned about restoring apps and/or settings but what about Contacts and Calendar items? I don't want to have to re-enter that type of data!

(I will put some observations in a separate message)
    09-21-13 09:27 AM
    I guess they are reporting that the Apple link in the itunes store is live for BBM.
    So apple users are getting it first after all.

But I don't see it on my ipad. So I think that's not true either.

EDIT: It's just a preview of the link. Must be they are going to wait till tomorrow like they said.
    Wish Google would hurry up.
    Maybe I don't recall right.... But I thought a while ago I had read that only PHONES were getting BBM and not tablets???? Of course, I may have missed the other half of the rumors regarding any of this stuff. I also don't know if they can really restrict how these apps are used/installed, particularly, if bar/apk files can be shared around (like std's!)
    09-21-13 09:31 AM
    I'm not sure f2 but I think tablets can get it too. So I am going to keep trying. Other people have said yes to tablets.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    09-21-13 09:33 AM
    Not that any of my thoughts matter regarding the Z10 and maybe I'm missing the objectives or points. Along with BB's state but as a new user moving over from the OS7 and using the pb, here's some of my thoughts....

I would have preferred an interface more like bb7, where I could have screens of favorites, all, media, etc and have a line or two of "favorite" favorites showing. This always going back to Page 1 is not friendly for ME. I miss the swipe up on what I'll call the Active Frames to close an app like the pb, rather than hitting the X. I'm not so sure I find access to the hub very intuitive.

I also am not sure I know how to awaken the device and get to the Icons screen? Unless I am missing something, the Video Tutorials seem to say "Coming Soon" for a number of the ones I want to see!!! So, help.... I was trying to Select the entire line or paragraph of Text. How? I tap and get the Circle but how do I consistently get the COPY or SelectAll? (that tutorial seems to be missing)

You know I might be considered a traitor and I've never really used any apple product but I can see where the Home button is more user friendly then trying to parse the gestures. At least, I find the PB's gestures much more user friendly. The Z10 is a bit more complex - so, call me simple!
    09-21-13 09:40 AM

I would have preferred an interface more like bb7, where I could have screens of favorites, all, media, etc and have a line or two of "favorite" favorites showing. This always going back to Page 1 is not friendly for ME. I miss the swipe up on what I'll call the Active Frames to close an app like the pb, rather than hitting the X. I'm not so sure I find access to the hub very intuitive.

I also am not sure I know how to awaken the device and get to the Icons screen?
    I was trying to Select the entire line or paragraph of Text. How? I tap and get the Circle but how do I consistently get the COPY or SelectAll? (that tutorial seems to be missing)
    To wake up the device swipe up from the bottom where it says BlackBerry.
    To select bunches of text on 10.2 you tap the paragraph. I don't know how 10.1 works. Never had it.

Close the active frames with the X. It's right there staring you in the face. LOL
    09-21-13 10:20 AM
    I will review your simple instructions. In the mean time I have found most/all of the videos on youtube and and actually capturing them using Origami on the pb so that I can review them at my leisure. Eating breakfast now and then heading over the Madame X's place to help with the X-honey-do list! (g)
    09-21-13 10:39 AM
    I will review your simple instructions. In the mean time I have found most/all of the videos on youtube and and actually capturing them using Origami on the pb so that I can review them at my leisure. Eating breakfast now and then heading over the Madame X's place to help with the X-honey-do list! (g)
    F2!!!
    You do so many things I can't keep track of you!!!
    Just remember....OS10 is nothing like before. It can't be. It's a big learning curve and after a week you have it mastered already!!! It will all work. The hub I don't use much myself except to see what tabs have notifications after them. I don't answer anything from the Hub listing itself. But some people do. That's what sets BB apart. I guess.
    09-21-13 10:45 AM
    Crap.. Is it ever going to release!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
    09-21-13 12:14 PM
    The thinking right now at Android Central is that there are so many apps at Google Store that took the name BBM that they're still clearing out the fakes. No QA at Google.

I'm not seeing it in iTunes for my iPad yet either.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-21-13 12:41 PM
    Ok.. Thanks man..

09-21-13 12:42 PM
    Ok.. Thanks man..
    Here's from AC's front page: These are all fake BBM apps
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-21-13 12:52 PM
    Try restarting the Hub. Swipe down diagonally from the upper right corner of the Hub 5 times.
    09-21-13 01:19 PM
    The thinking right now at Android Central is that there are so many apps at Google Store that took the name BBM that they're still clearing out the fakes. No QA at Google.

I'm not seeing it in iTunes for my iPad yet either.
    Thanks. Not seeing it either booooo

09-21-13 01:22 PM
    Try restarting the Hub. Swipe down diagonally from the upper right corner of the Hub 5 times.
    I've tried before. And done battery pulls and tried to resend it to myself and tried to forward and mark as unread. It isn't really there. Just the info about it is!!!!

09-21-13 01:23 PM
    Maybe you could delete that particular account, then add it back. Don't restore though.
    09-21-13 01:27 PM
    I went into the 5000 thread today for the first time in a long time. It seems ok to me.
    09-21-13 01:38 PM
    Crap.. Is it ever going to release!!

Did you really think BBRY would hit their release date? Too many people would die of heart failure.
    09-21-13 01:40 PM
23,186 ... 847848849850851 ...