It's so exciting! #BBM4ALL
    09-18-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the thread Underway!
    I found the answer! Wow! All I had to do was check hidden SSID and boom! It connected!
    Yay! Someone had suggested it in the thread!
    I'm glad it worked for you. I found that trick when I was researching the 10.2 OS, before I loaded 1047.
    09-18-13 12:26 PM
    I wonder if you'd be able to use an old BBID when registering BBM on Android or iOS? If so, would that restore BBM contacts and such? And will I be able to login with my present BBID when I load BBM on my iPad?
    09-18-13 12:30 PM
    I wonder if you'd be able to use an old BBID when registering BBM on Android or iOS? If so, would that restore BBM contacts and such? And will I be able to login with my present BBID when I load BBM on my iPad?
    Can't we use our BBID on both our Z's and our ipads?
    09-18-13 12:33 PM
    Thanks man.. Will have it loaded at 7:05 a.m

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO
    message me first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-18-13 12:37 PM
    I don't know. The first part of my question was directed more at the folks without current BBID. My wife and kids, for example, are using Samsung Androids, but they each had a BBID until this past spring. WIll they have to get new ones and repopulate their BBM contact lists?

As to the second (about Z10 and iPad), I don't know if we can be simultaneously logged in with a single BBID on multiple devices. I guess we'll find out.
    09-18-13 12:38 PM
    I don't know. The first part of my question was directed more at the folks without current BBID. My wife and kids, for example, are using Samsung Androids, but they each had a BBID until this past spring. WIll they have to get new ones and repopulate their BBM contact lists?

As to the second (about Z10 and iPad), I don't know if we can be simultaneously logged in with a single BBID on multiple devices. I guess we'll find out.
    Yeah...cause I have the same set up....We will know on Saturday.......
    09-18-13 01:01 PM
    Yippppeeeeee!!!

Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-uploadfromtaptalk1379532637139.jpg  
    09-18-13 02:31 PM
    Hey Ramblers, I'm stuck. I can't get RFA to work reliably on my network. My Z connects flawlessly with one of my networked PCs, but not the other. Both are similarly configured, the software firewall is the same with the same rules, they're connected to the same WiFi through the same router. Help?!
    09-18-13 03:02 PM
    Lag gone!
    Must have plugged into my laptop to copy over pictures too many times without rebooting.
    There's probably nothing wrong with a weekly reboot. I did it with my S3 too. The device just ran better.
    jaydee5799 and buford07 like this.
    09-18-13 03:37 PM
    Don't let people tell ya BlackBerry is the only one to have reboots... I reboot my Android and iPhone weekly..

underway99 and jaydee5799 like this.
    09-18-13 04:10 PM
    Oh I know better than that. I also clear the cache on our Androids when I reboot.
    jaydee5799 and buford07 like this.
    09-18-13 05:01 PM
    Hey Ramblers, I'm stuck. I can't get RFA to work reliably on my network. My Z connects flawlessly with one of my networked PCs, but not the other. Both are similarly configured, the software firewall is the same with the same rules, they're connected to the same WiFi through the same router. Help?!
    What is RFA?
    09-18-13 05:09 PM
    Remote File Access. With RFA, you can get to files on your PC from anywhere with your Z10. Think of it like your own little private cloud server. And it's baked right into BB10.

Here's an article that describes it. http://crackberry.com/how-access-you...erry-10-device
    Last edited by underway99; 09-18-13 at 05:34 PM.
    09-18-13 05:14 PM
    Remote File Access. With RFA, you can get to files on your PC from anywhere with your Z10. Think of it like your own little private cloud server. And it's baked right into BB10.
    Oh ok I knew that lol. I use that . But it is flaky. Sometimes will connect sometimes not
    09-18-13 05:33 PM

Here's an article that describes it. How to access your PC files from your BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com
    It doesn't work at work, but it works at home for me. I dunno. Let me think about it for a few minutes.
    09-18-13 05:38 PM
    Well that doesn't make sense. Are both PC seen on the network?
    09-18-13 05:41 PM

I would think you could use the "old" BBID, no? I mean isn't it realistically tied to payment???? I would think they would allow that.

As far logged into my phone's BBM and an ipad...why not??
    09-18-13 05:43 PM
    Well that doesn't make sense. Are both PC seen on the network?
    Yup. I can have my Z anywhere in my house and my desktop PC will recognize the Z as 2 mapped drives. My laptop does not see the Z at all unless connected with USB.

Now, my desktop is running Windows 7 Ultimate, and my laptop has Vista Ultimate (the decent Vista, right before Win7). I can't see how that should make a difference though. I've also tried the new Link. No change.
    Last edited by underway99; 09-18-13 at 06:00 PM.
    09-18-13 05:45 PM
    Yup. I can have my Z anywhere in my house and my desktop PC will recognize the Z as 2 mapped drives. My laptop does not see the Z at all unless connected with USB.

Now, my desktop is running Windows 7 Ultimate, and my laptop has Vista Ultimate (the decent Vista, right before Win7). I can't see how that should make a difference though. I've also tried the new Link. No change.
    Come to think of it, I have Vista as well and sometimes my laptop doesn't recognize my phone....but I always blamed it cos its Vista running on a Macbook Pro.
    09-18-13 06:13 PM

Oh I still have old Link, that's what I gotta do this weekend. update Link and backup and backup my card.
    09-18-13 06:14 PM
    Well my Onstar app doesn't work anymore. There was an update and that means I need to find someone to download the apk from the Google Play store and then I gotta get someone to covert it and then I gotta sideload it. PIA>
    I think I can convert it online and try to install.
    Underway, can you grab the apk for me? Or Burford? Who else has an android?
    09-18-13 07:53 PM
    Whatcha need?

09-18-13 08:07 PM
    Whatcha need?

The newest Onstar app (for my car)
    09-18-13 08:09 PM
    What do I need to do for you?

09-18-13 08:10 PM
23,186 ... 840841842843844 ...