Well I got my head handed to me this week!!! Damn!!! I expected more from Megatron ...LOL .... among others. But, my running backs suck!
    09-09-13 02:57 PM
    Well I got my head handed to me this week!!! Damn!!! I expected more from Megatron ...LOL .... among others. But, my running backs suck!
    I started Megatron...he got 2.9 points. I also have Joique Bell (same team!!!) and he scored twice...20.9 points. Why oh why didn't I start Bell??????????
    middbrew likes this.
    09-09-13 03:16 PM
    Okay, Z10 people........

I still toy with the idea of picking one up privately. But since BB and/or Verizon only warranties BB phones to the original purchaser, I am concerned about any hitches that I might run into, even with a brand new unit.

So how many have had issues with their z10's? Would I be up a creek without a paddle? Can I get some other warranty coverage?

I did call Verizon yesterday and the unnamed rep said that I could just get a new sim card and that if I purchased privately, I would keep my UNlimited data plan.

I guess I could open this up to non-z10 folks - how many new phones, android or apple, have been troublesome and needed warranty work when new?

Jaydee, let's hear it!!!
    09-10-13 09:20 AM
    My players all suck, LOL. I think I'm in last place
    I don't know about this football stuff but a mountain kicked my **** (b utt) on Sunday.
    09-10-13 09:25 AM
    Okay, Z10 people........

I still toy with the idea of picking one up privately. But since BB and/or Verizon only warranties BB phones to the original purchaser, I am concerned about any hitches that I might run into, even with a brand new unit.

So how many have had issues with their z10's? Would I be up a creek without a paddle? Can I get some other warranty coverage?

I did call Verizon yesterday and the unnamed rep said that I could just get a new sim card and that if I purchased privately, I would keep my UNlimited data plan.

I guess I could open this up to non-z10 folks - how many new phones, android or apple, have been troublesome and needed warranty work when new?

Jaydee, let's hear it!!!
    I don't have a sim card with verizon.
    I gave up my unlimited data when my son got an upgrade to iphone last december.
    I haven't had any problems with my Z. you have two weeks to send it back.
    09-10-13 09:32 AM
    I don't believe there is any other warranty coverage either. Buy it from VZW. You have two weeks to decide. Don't like it then send it back. Otherwise keep for two years. That's what I did. I don't get why you are so worried about the unit. There are very few hardware issues with the Z10s.
    09-10-13 09:34 AM
    If you buy one privately, I don't know what kind of warranty you have. I never did it that way. I imagine that you don't have much, just the manufacture's warranty. And any hardware replacements would have to be done at your expense and you would have to send it out or do the work yourself? Isn't that what happens when you buy a phone from someone else? I mean VZW doesn't repair for you because you didn't buy thru them, right?
    09-10-13 09:43 AM
    If you buy one privately, I don't know what kind of warranty you have. I never did it that way. I imagine that you don't have much, just the manufacture's warranty. And any hardware replacements would have to be done at your expense and you would have to send it out or do the work yourself? Isn't that what happens when you buy a phone from someone else? I mean VZW doesn't repair for you because you didn't buy thru them, right?
    Frankly, I don't want to pay full price to verizon at this time - just too expensive, I guess. And I'm not entitled to an upgrade till next March. That is right - a private purchase would not be covered under normal circumstances and I don't think even BB covers to a "re-purchaser" even if it was brand new. This one is advertised as Brand New but if it has any issues, as you noted, I could be screwed! I know most work fine out of the box but there have been tales of defective ones, if rarely.

Yes, you may color me - RELUCTANT!!!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 09:53 AM
    The last time that I bought a phone from a private party (an Android device for my daughter last fall), I was able to buy Verizon's extended warranty for it so long as the VZW-specific phone had been previously activated on Verizon's network. I have a buddy who even bought insurance coverage through VZW for his used Android device.

If you are activating it on a line that already has the insurance or extended warranty coverage, just ensure that you choose to keep the features you already have. I would specifically ask about warranty coverage when verifying the clean ESN.
    Last edited by underway99; 09-10-13 at 10:41 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 10:25 AM
    Verizon has told me several times that so long as the phone is a VZW-specific device, they offer warranty protection. I've done it successfully twice. Now, their rules are always changing, so what was good last week might be not allowed this week. YMMV.
    Last edited by underway99; 09-10-13 at 11:14 AM.
    jaydee5799 and FF22 like this.
    09-10-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the additional info, Underway. I may give them another call.

Stopped into a Verizon shop next to my Costco. Apparently, Verizon has this once ( he was not sure) a year Open Enrollment when you can pick up insurance on any device. Who knows. May give them a call....
    Last edited by F2; 09-10-13 at 04:11 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the additional info, Underway. I may give them another call.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 04:12 PM
    All very good information to know Underway!!!
    I hope F2 is able to get the phone at a lower cost AND get some coverage in case there are problems!!!!!
    F2...keep us posted!
    09-10-13 04:21 PM
    So we had this really bad storm today. We lost power at school for an hour. We sat in the dark. WHen I came home, I found out that my router/AP had its firmware fried so basically I can't log in and secure it ir change the SSID.

Storm cost me a bundle as I decided to buy a Cisco wireless router/AP... not a happy camper.
    09-10-13 05:22 PM
    So we had this really bad storm today. We lost power at school for an hour. We sat in the dark. WHen I came home, I found out that my router/AP had its firmware fried so basically I can't log in and secure it ir change the SSID.

Storm cost me a bundle as I decided to buy a Cisco wireless router/AP... not a happy camper.
    Sorry to hear that. We had two rather dramatic thunder storms last week. We rarely get them here. Hope nothing else was fried.

So you students were in the dark - they are probably use to that!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 05:31 PM
    Those storms were awesome. My dogs didn't like them though.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 05:36 PM

Ouch. No surge suppression?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 05:38 PM
    Ouch. No surge suppression?
    Are we talking Jaydee or her electronics?
    shaleem and jaydee5799 like this.
    09-10-13 06:36 PM
    Are we talking Jaydee or her electronics?
    No no surge protection!
    So the router works but the firmware is baked, which means my network is OPEN and I can't log in to lock it down or change the SSID. New one here by the 16th I hope.
    09-10-13 07:13 PM
    No no surge protection!
    So the router works but the firmware is baked, which means my network is OPEN and I can't log in to lock it down or change the SSID. New one here by the 16th I hope.
    Wow Jaydee! That's terrible. Gotta get a surge protector for computers, TV's and all your important electronic devices. I learned that the hard way myself. Must've been a really bad storm.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 07:29 PM
    No no surge protection!
    No old router in a closet that can tide you over?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-10-13 09:08 PM
    No old router in a closet that can tide you over?
    No believe it or not, I use them till they bomb and then throw em out. I might have one here at work I can borrow tho.
    But anyway the open access seems to be ok for a while. and the new one is on the way!
    09-11-13 06:48 AM
    Rumors are that BBM for iPhone will be released tomorrow. Sure hope so.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-11-13 09:55 AM
    Rumors are that BBM for iPhone will be released tomorrow. Sure hope so.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    I don't know about that....there was some problem and I think they have delayed it
    09-11-13 10:07 AM
    I don't know about that....there was some problem and I think they have delayed it
    Hush yo mouth !!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-11-13 11:03 AM
23,186 ... 829830831832833 ...