Hiya Ramblers! Just when I thought my life was back in order....NO!
    I get an email from American Express that someone has been trying to charge fraudulently on my card! So I call them and sure enough, someone tried 4 times from midnight my time to 5 in the morning to charge on my card!!!
    God damn!!!!
    This has happened to me before so I know the drill. Cancel the card, get another overnighted and then call to activate. I committ my card to memory so there is something new I will have to learn this week

Funny thing is, I got an email this week from some business I purchased something from (can't remember who it was or what I purchased) but I recall it had something to do with my cellphone. And they said someone had hacked their system and had gotten all their credit information. I deleted the email and now I can't find it.

Do any of the Ramblers remember the email? did any of you get one like it?? Somehow i was thinking it was my car rental place swiping my card to hold authorization but noooooo......this was just LAST NIGHT during the night someone tried to do this.

BTW, this is the second time AMEX has found activity on my card and called me and we have canceled the card and gone on to a new one. They have fantastic customer service!!

if anyone remembers getting an email about some mobile phone place losing its info, let me know.
    Thanks! no harm done. Charges were denied and card is closed. New one on the way.
    06-29-13 07:20 AM
    Hate to burst his bubble, but most 4 cylinders today are putting out as much, if not more, than many V8s of the latter seventies or eighties. Some are almost double.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    My wife got the Nissan Juke and it will fly!! 4 cylinder

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-29-13 07:45 AM
    Hiya Ramblers! Just when I thought my life was back in order....NO!
    I get an email from American Express that someone has been trying to charge fraudulently on my card! So I call them and sure enough, someone tried 4 times from midnight my time to 5 in the morning to charge on my card!!!
    God damn!!!!
    This has happened to me before so I know the drill. Cancel the card, get another overnighted and then call to activate. I committ my card to memory so there is something new I will have to learn this week

Funny thing is, I got an email this week from some business I purchased something from (can't remember who it was or what I purchased) but I recall it had something to do with my cellphone. And they said someone had hacked their system and had gotten all their credit information. I deleted the email and now I can't find it.

Do any of the Ramblers remember the email? did any of you get one like it?? Somehow i was thinking it was my car rental place swiping my card to hold authorization but noooooo......this was just LAST NIGHT during the night someone tried to do this.

BTW, this is the second time AMEX has found activity on my card and called me and we have canceled the card and gone on to a new one. They have fantastic customer service!!

if anyone remembers getting an email about some mobile phone place losing its info, let me know.
    Thanks! no harm done. Charges were denied and card is closed. New one on the way.
    Oh wow....good thing that amex is on top of things. It's still a pain though. Just what you need. Sigh.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-29-13 07:48 AM
    NO BUENO Jaydee!! Glad to hear the good Customer service though!! Sit in your new car and you'll feel better! *grins*
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-29-13 08:03 AM
    Unfreakingbelieveable, right???
    It's always something!
    Ah well. No harm done I guess. I need to find a cover for my car....
    06-29-13 08:39 AM
    You'd best pay cash. Can't hack that.
    06-29-13 09:23 AM
    You'd best pay cash. Can't hack that.
    HAHA!
    If only I had the cash! LOL
    I gotta time it with my checks. But damn. People will make money anyway they can...hack my acct.
    06-29-13 09:46 AM
    So now I have officially put 20 miles on my car...wow! right?
    Anyway, it feels weird to drive a car I own again. Been so long in a rental and loaner that it doesn't feel right. But I have to get used to the feeling that this is my own car.

I will get used to it soon enough I bet.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    06-29-13 03:37 PM
    So now I have officially put 20 miles on my car...wow! right?
    Anyway, it feels weird to drive a car I own again. Been so long in a rental and loaner that it doesn't feel right. But I have to get used to the feeling that this is my own car.

I will get used to it soon enough I bet.
    Go find a nice parkway with a lot of curves to get the feel of it.

06-29-13 09:54 PM

Gonna drive the Northway today which is a pretty straight shot all the way to the Canadian border. But I am not going into Canada. LOL
    We are going shopping though so that will be fun. and then to lunch!

PS Congrats BK on your 25K posts!!!!
    WOOOHOOOOOO
    06-30-13 06:19 AM
    Gonna drive the Northway today which is a pretty straight shot all the way to the Canadian border. But I am not going into Canada. LOL
    We are going shopping though so that will be fun. and then to lunch!

PS Congrats BK on your 25K posts!!!!
    WOOOHOOOOOO
    Thanks very much. I was gonna do my 25K on the Pantless Playground, but there was a thread crying desperately to be closed.

There's nothing wrong with a nice straight road, but my wife found out I really love curvy roads. A couple of car salesman have found that out in the past, as I've put them through the wringer on a test drive. Never long enough, but just long enough to let them know I'm having fun. Even if they aren't......

shaleem likes this.
    06-30-13 07:08 AM
    Thanks very much. I was gonna do my 25K on the Pantless Playground, but there was a thread crying desperately to be closed.

There's nothing wrong with a nice straight road, but my wife found out I really love curvy roads. A couple of car salesman have found that out in the past, as I've put them through the wringer on a test drive. Never long enough, but just long enough to let them know I'm having fun. Even if they aren't......

Salesmen won't ride with me either. They say here take the car. See you later. Hahahahahaha

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-30-13 07:29 AM
    A few more posts and this thread moves to 20, 000!!!!
    Come on people, post up in this thread!!!
    The Ramblers rule!!
    06-30-13 08:10 AM
    Morning Ramblers!!

I'm so tired. Want to sleep all day. But no **** going bowling instead....ugh.

Posted via my oh so cool Zed 10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-30-13 09:25 AM
    Good morning all you fine folks. Just woke up ..... sipping my and perusing the forums.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-30-13 09:53 AM
    Monday was slow, mostly waiting to make a night pickup, so I was in bed. First leg was from Lowell, MA to just above 295 on the NJTP, then got up at 1 yesterday afternoon, drove thru Wilmington, Baltimore, and DC rush hour.
    Then followed a drunken cow path down through VA. By the time I delivered at 1 this morning, I drove to a vacant lot, passed out til noon today.

I don't know how you do it. Went hiking on Friday about 90 miles east of Seattle. Driving home I ran into traffic about 8 miles from home. That 8 miles took more time than the other 82 miles. TRAFFIC - I can't stand it. Even if I were paid to do it - yikes.

Do you ever drive oversized loads over short overhead bridges? Talk about creating traffic jams!
    06-30-13 09:58 AM
    Attachment 177014
    My new vehicle.

Ohhhhhhhh. I like red - tail lights - helps the guy behind not cream your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-30-13 10:01 AM

Ah, I remember when they opened a new parkway near Yonkers, NY, Springbrook, I believe. I took my mom's Cutlass out for a spin. I don't think she even knew her car could hit 110mph!!!!!!!!! Ah, many years ago.
    06-30-13 10:20 AM
    I had a Cutlass. 1966 F85. What a car. I could be doing 90 and not know it. I got pulled over a very long time ago outside of Othello on one of those long straight stretches of highway between the Columbia River and Pullman. The only other moving car within 100 miles was the cop who paced me at really fast. On the ticket he wrote "more than 10 miles over the limit". He said that he'd paced me at over 100. Back then the limit was 55. That was a toughie to explain when I got home.
    06-30-13 10:30 AM
    I don't know how you do it. Went hiking on Friday about 90 miles east of Seattle. Driving home I ran into traffic about 8 miles from home. That 8 miles took more time than the other 82 miles. TRAFFIC - I can't stand it. Even if I were paid to do it - yikes.

Do you ever drive oversized loads over short overhead bridges? Talk about creating traffic jams!
    I used to. Oversize loads are a real hoot when people around you have no clue what is going on.

06-30-13 10:32 AM
    Ohhhhhhhh. I like red - tail lights - helps the guy behind not cream your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahahahahahaha
    F2 do you have no faith in me?

06-30-13 11:01 AM
    I had a Cutlass. 1966 F85. What a car. I could be doing 90 and not know it. I got pulled over a very long time ago outside of Othello on one of those long straight stretches of highway between the Columbia River and Pullman. The only other moving car within 100 miles was the cop who paced me at really fast. On the ticket he wrote "more than 10 miles over the limit". He said that he'd paced me at over 100. Back then the limit was 55. That was a toughie to explain when I got home.
    Hello? And you laugh at ME????

06-30-13 11:04 AM
    Hello? And you laugh at ME????

I don't recall giving you a hard time about your driving. Besides, I was younger then. A lot younger.
    06-30-13 12:05 PM
    Woot! Post #20000 for this thread.
    FF22 and westiewanderer like this.
    06-30-13 12:05 PM
    I don't recall giving you a hard time about your driving. Besides, I was younger then. A lot younger.
    Oh underway. I was only kidding. You don't make fun of me. But i had to laugh when you said 100mph. I've done bad things with my car but not gone that fast ever.

06-30-13 12:41 PM
23,186 ... 798799800801802 ...