Morning!

That's awesome, JayDee! Hopefully the last few days are stress free, lol.

Heading to the dr this morning for lab work, then might hit geek squad at best buy. My laptop is acting up, and is driving me crazy. I think it needs a fresh reload of windows....but my DVD player doesn't work so how do I load it? ....
    It keeps hanging, and or is so slow I can't do anything . Ugh.
    westiewanderer and BergerKing like this.
    06-04-13 06:52 AM
    Hamster funny you should mention slow Windoz. I am also having problems with my Windoz side of my Mac and I think I'm gonna do the wipe thing and put photo shop back on. It's all I need on the windows side. Or maybe I will buy a cheap laptop and just use for photo shop. All I need is a large hdd and a cheap laptop.

Good luck. I recently lost all my brushes in photo shop and have to go fins them all again and load them up. PiA

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 07:25 AM
    Hamster funny you should mention slow Windoz. I am also having problems with my Windoz side of my Mac and I think I'm gonna do the wipe thing and put photo shop back on. It's all I need on the windows side. Or maybe I will buy a cheap laptop and just use for photo shop. All I need is a large hdd and a cheap laptop.

Good luck. I recently lost all my brushes in photo shop and have to go fins them all again and load them up. PiA

My old T60 needs a new hard drive, so I need to address that issue, soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-04-13 09:00 AM
    Don't wanna get rid of it, thing is solid as a tank, and for the limited need for a lappy I have, it serves well.

06-04-13 09:02 AM
    Don't wanna get rid of it, thing is solid as a tank, and for the limited need for a lappy I have, it serves well.

Glad its working out for you!
    My poor Mac has bootcamp on it so I can use Photoshop (the only copy I have is for he PC). I partitioned the drive for 250GB each side. Well, Photoshop has used almost all of that space and now I need to reformat the entire laptop again to adjust the space and give it more. What a pain. Then I have to load all the brushes, patterns, gradients, styles back into Photoshop. Real PIA
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 09:18 AM
    The problem with Photoshop is that it will eat whatever space you give it. As long as you are going to wipe and reformat the drive partitions, look at a bigger drive. You can get 1TB drives for less than $80. Give yourself some real space.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 09:30 AM
    The problem with Photoshop is that it will eat whatever space you give it. As long as you are going to wipe and reformat the drive partitions, look at a bigger drive. You can get 1TB drives for less than $80. Give yourself some real space.
    A bigger drive to install in my Mac?
    Its a work issued laptop.
    06-04-13 09:34 AM
    Maybe you could install to an external drive then?
    06-04-13 09:45 AM
    Maybe you could install to an external drive then?
    That might be the ticket! Maybe the install would have to be to the laptop but everything else to the external drive. I gotta research that. In the meantime, backup and a format is in my future I fear.
    06-04-13 11:05 AM
    That might be the ticket! Maybe the install would have to be to the laptop but everything else to the external drive. I gotta research that. In the meantime, backup and a format is in my future I fear.
    I bought a 2TB Hitachi Touro extern for $89 at Frys. It has nice 7200rpm drive inside, and is great for storage.

06-04-13 12:30 PM
    Of course, I already have a 2TB external NAS drive attached to my network at home. Should just save my Photoshop **** on that and then next time this happens I can blow away the app without worrying about it.

Downloading it now and going to start copying it all
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 12:36 PM
    I bought a 2TB Hitachi Touro extern for $89 at Frys. It has nice 7200rpm drive inside, and is great for storage.

There are a couple of versions, one has a 5400 rpm the other is 7200. I love that they'll nest together as I expand my entertainment library.
    06-04-13 12:36 PM
    I have 2 drives set up as a Raid array. Forgot all about being able to ship everything over the Web to my network storage. Don't really need a flash drive but sometimes I like to use one.
    Wonder how Hamster made out with her laptop?

I using all kinds of cloud storage these days too. Box, drop box , sky drive. Nice to be able to reach all through your phone. What will they think of next???

BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 09:29 PM
    Hamster not doing very well...I mean my laptop not doing well at all. I don't know what's wrong with it. It was working fine up until a couple days ago. I ran some malware software which detected 928 threats and removed them all. But I'm still having the same problems. Then the laptop won't recognize my external drive. Ok...so I figured just move everything over to cloud drives so I have it there. Well the laptop will only run fine for like 30 min or so before acting up so I can't even move stuff over. I'm disgusted with it. Maybe it's a hardware problem. But it's only 2 years old for gods sake. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Ugh.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 09:52 PM
    Does it run for a bit, then quickly shut down?
    BergerKing and jaydee5799 like this.
    06-04-13 09:57 PM
    Does it run for a bit, then quickly shut down?
    It runs for a bit then starts getting really slow and hangs up....
    06-04-13 10:00 PM
    So it just gets really slow but doesn't shut down?

I have a laptop that gets overheated and runs really slow before it shuts down.
    06-04-13 10:03 PM
    So it just gets really slow but doesn't shut down?

I have a laptop that gets overheated and runs really slow before it shuts down.
    Yeah..it hasn't a actually shut down on its own...., but it does get hot. I have to constantly shut it down myself, because it basically becomes unusable...
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 10:11 PM
    A lot of laptops have cooling issues. My fix is to tear apart the laptop and clean off the heat sink. Then use the computer with a cooling pad.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 10:17 PM
    A lot of laptops have cooling issues. My fix is to tear apart the laptop and clean off the heat sink. Then use the computer with a cooling pad.
    Hmmm.... Maybe will try that. Nothing to lose. I'm this close to throwing it under a bus
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 10:25 PM
    That'd be easier to get to the heat sink...
    06-04-13 10:38 PM
    That'd be easier to get to the heat sink...
    Lol! I guess it would. Will give it a shot, before I throw it that is...
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 10:39 PM
    Hamster is still working on her laptop. Mine seems to have gotten better after I moved off a bunch of albums and a couple of movies I had downloaded. Moved it to storage and now the laptop has 36GB free space on the hdd and Photoshop works pretty well. Although not perfectly. I MIGHT delete PS and install again and load up all my brushes etc again.

That is a chore for a long rainy weekend.
    Too much going on right now with work etc. to do it today.

Hope Hamster gets hers straightened out!!!
    06-05-13 06:22 PM
    Believe me - - this is a beer house too. The kids don't get my Alaskan Amber though...
    Mmmm, Alaskan Amber!
    06-05-13 06:26 PM
    Someone told me he doesn't remember me talking so much about drinking. I think it's YOU GUYS who made me that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-05-13 07:32 PM
23,186 ... 784785786787788 ...