REALLY NICE BOOK! Impressive focus through foreground chain, etc for nice depth. Clearly someone has better knees and hips than I. I have more and more problem getting DOWN and dirty to get wildflower shots and DOWN is easy compared with the UP!!!

Were these all taken with your z10 or a camera?
    Last edited by F2; 05-07-13 at 07:04 PM.
    BergerKing and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-07-13 06:42 PM
    REALLY NICE BOOK! Impressive focus through foreground chain, etc for nice depth. Clearly someone has better knees and hips than I. I have more and more problem getting DOWN and dirty to get wildflower shots and DOWN is easy compared with the UP!!!
    You have a point there F2! My knees and back DO hurt from getting on the ground! LOL
    Getting too old for this. hahahaha
    hamsterwheel and BergerKing like this.
    05-07-13 07:11 PM
    Since I added the question to my initial reply: Did you use the z10 or a, ahem, real camera?

And I'm flattered that with your excellent skills, some of my photos grace your office.
    hamsterwheel and BergerKing like this.
    05-07-13 07:37 PM
    Hey Ramblers:
    Here is a link to my latest book. LMAO Like I am a real author!
    Anyway, if you click the link, I believe I turned on a full preview of the entire book.
    If anyone tries it, let me know.

Tulip Fest 2013 by Photographs by JoMarie DiTata: Arts & Photography | Blurb Books
    Wow! Very nice Jaydee!!
    05-07-13 08:42 PM
    Since I added the question to my initial reply: Did you use the z10 or a, ahem, real camera?

And I'm flattered that with your excellent skills, some of my photos grace your office.
    Oh F2, I am just an amateur! You are the pro! I used a Canon EOS 60D I believe.
    We bought it for my son (the journalism major) when he was in undergrad school and having to cover stories and shot his own photos. He inherited his mother's sense of composition. HAHA On his first job he shot one of the newspaper's Photos Of The Year. I have two lenses. I one I use the most with the tulips is the larger one...like a 55-300mm? I don't even know the proper names or terms. I mean really. They're flowers. How can you get a bad picture? lol. The tulips make me look good.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. You helped me get through a very trying time at work. nice to know I have friends out there who appreciate my attempts.

Oh F2, I used the Canon for the book photos. The Z10 ones I posted so those who don't have a Z10 yet could see what kind of pics we can get with it. The Z10 did remarkably well but of course, the depth of field is not there. The resolution on the Canon was like 2800 x 1900 or something like that.
    05-08-13 09:20 AM
    Hey Ramblers:
    Here is a link to my latest book. LMAO Like I am a real author!
    Anyway, if you click the link, I believe I turned on a full preview of the entire book.
    If anyone tries it, let me know.

Tulip Fest 2013 by Photographs by JoMarie DiTata: Arts & Photography | Blurb Books
    Wow JayDee. Very nice! Those colors are great.

A real, published author in our midst. Our brush with fame?
    05-08-13 11:41 AM
    Hi Peeps!

Well, Im going on a SHORT BB Hiatus...I switched back to my droid RAZR HD...its just a much better FULL SCREEN device for me...I will be back on BB the SECOND the Q10 releases on Big red though! *grins* I cant WAIT for that device!! Ive waited for that phone for so many years....GRRRRRRRR!! LOL! Always been in love with different aspects of every phone Ive owned...but NEVER all at once..like the Q will be!! (My past BB's were amazing..but like all of us..that damn legacy OS was always in the back of our minds with all the latest and greatest OS
    's out there these days) Now that BB10 is here...Im dying/drooling to get it on a Keyboard model..I LOVE LOVE LOVE BB10!! Woot! BB Nation!! Ill be keeping a weathered eye on crackberry of course...and liking those screen shots until I can contribute again!!
    05-08-13 03:00 PM
    Westie see you with a Q!

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    westiewanderer and BergerKing like this.
    05-09-13 05:43 AM
    So it's Friday ramblers and I made it through a tough week. Turned over a new leaf and found some worms. Hhahahahahah

Philosophically its been quite the week. Thank god we are off on an enjoyable Mother's Day weekend soon!enjoy Friday.

westiewanderer likes this.
    05-10-13 05:55 AM
    So it's Friday ramblers and I made it through a tough week. Turned over a new leaf and found some worms. Hhahahahahah

Philosophically its been quite the week. Thank god we are off on an enjoyable Mother's Day weekend soon!enjoy Friday.

Had been a weird one, here. Ran hard last weekend, sat most of Monday, ran good Tuesday and Wednesday, sat yesterday, and started early today.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-10-13 06:38 AM
    So guys. Went to dinner with a gf tonight after my salon visit. She has an iPhone 4s...the one without Siri. Anyway.She was asking me to help her take all the pictures off the phone because she can't add any apps, keeps getting a message she has no room left, etc on her phone. I said wtf is going on? She said I want to back it up but I gotta do it on my PC and I gotta get some help. So I told her there is probably some software for her to download and install and use a cable and move stuff over. I said to her WAIT! Why do you have no room? What about your SD card?

DAMN! LMFAO!
    I forgot.....no cards.
    And can I say her phone looked clunky compared to my Z? I can't comment on the action of it because I have never used one. But let me tell you, they sat side by side on the table and NOTHING is prettier than my Z10....Sorry iPhone fans. Nothing compares to the sleek look of the Z
    buford07 and hamsterwheel like this.
    05-10-13 09:16 PM
    So guys. Went to dinner with a gf tonight after my salon visit. She has an iPhone 4s...the one without Siri. Anyway.She was asking me to help her take all the pictures off the phone because she can't add any apps, keeps getting a message she has no room left, etc on her phone. I said wtf is going on? She said I want to back it up but I gotta do it on my PC and I gotta get some help. So I told her there is probably some software for her to download and install and use a cable and move stuff over. I said to her WAIT! Why do you have no room? What about your SD card?

DAMN! LMFAO!
    I forgot.....no cards.
    And can I say her phone looked clunky compared to my Z? I can't comment on the action of it because I have never used one. But let me tell you, they sat side by side on the table and NOTHING is prettier than my Z10....Sorry iPhone fans. Nothing compares to the sleek look of the Z
    One of the primary reasons I wouldn't go Apple or one of the Nexus units, lack of expandable memory. I don't have to clutter my phone storage with all of the stuff that belongs on a media card.
    05-10-13 11:48 PM
    The dearth of devices with expandable memory is growing. As I understand it, the reasons are twofold, especially with Android devices. One, there have apparently been a lot of issues with Android devices that are traced back to the memory card slot. I've read that it has something to do with the way the OS interfaces with the memory card or memory slot controller. The other reason is purely business - - the carriers want us to use cloud services. How better to force that than by selling devices that can't store decent amounts of music or pictures?

Remember that using the cloud means more data. More data means more revenue.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-11-13 12:04 AM
    My gf said she is supposed to use the cloud. But as a very average person using an I phone (I'm being kind as to her intelligence she is an average tech user) she has no desire to figure out the cloud. Hence the problem. Stuffed phone memory. Not usable for anything but phone calls right now.

hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-11-13 07:23 AM
    My gf said she is supposed to use the cloud. But as a very average person using an I phone (I'm being kind as to her intelligence she is an average tech user) she has no desire to figure out the cloud. Hence the problem. Stuffed phone memory. Not usable for anything but phone calls right now.

Totally agree...most of my iPhone toting friends here have no idea about cloud, accept the white flufffy ones in the sky
    05-11-13 07:25 AM
    Hamster and JayDee, you hit it dead on. The iPhone is intended primarily for those who either can't or don't want to care about how to make technology work. They just want it to work right of the box all the time.
    05-11-13 10:27 AM
    And I'm not saying the phone isn't a good one. My friend likes it and can use it. But she has no idea of maintenance for it. And the prospect of the cloud seems a bit much for someone. Who wants to face time with her nephew and call her mama and that's about it.

05-11-13 11:48 AM
    And I'm not saying the phone isn't a good one. My friend likes it and can use it. But she has no idea of maintenance for it. And the prospect of the cloud seems a bit much for someone. Who wants to face time with her nephew and call her mama and that's about it.

I've never said they didn't work. I've always specified they don't meet my preferences. There are some things they *don't* do that I use on an everyday basis. And there are a ton of things that do that are cute, especially when it comes to accessories. That's why I call it the Barbie Phone. That b-rhymes-with-itch has everything!
    05-11-13 12:21 PM
    I've never said they didn't work. I've always specified they don't meet my preferences. There are some things they *don't* do that I use on an everyday basis. And there are a ton of things that do that are cute, especially when it comes to accessories. That's why I call it the Barbie Phone. That b-rhymes-with-itch has everything!
    For example.

http://www.igrillinc.com/
    05-11-13 12:24 PM
    05-11-13 12:27 PM

You'll NEVER find that on a BlackBerry!
    05-11-13 01:27 PM
    You'll NEVER find that on a BlackBerry!
    Probably not, unless someone ports the Android version.
    05-11-13 05:40 PM
    Oh brother! Not really a necessary app I'm afraid. At least for me. Lol

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out in Rambler land. Enjoy your day anyway you like.

middbrew likes this.
    05-12-13 06:32 AM
    Happy Mothers Day to you JayDee!!

Sent from my DROID DNA
    middbrew and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-12-13 06:45 AM
    Hamster and JayDee, you hit it dead on. The iPhone is intended primarily for those who either can't or don't want to care about how to make technology work. They just want it to work right of the box all the time.

So I was out with said iPhone toting friends last night, and one of them was trying to tag a picture on Facebook, and guess what? I had to show her how to do it
    And she asked me when did I get an iPhone5? I said it's a BlackBerry. She said it is??? Does is have apps? Then I showed her all the ones I had. Oh well. This mind set will take quite some time to overcome.

Anyway,
    Happy Mother's Day!!!
    05-12-13 07:39 AM
23,186 ... 773774775776777 ...