OK guys. I guess I'm posting to myself . Is anyone else out there in Rambler land????
    04-26-13 05:48 PM
    I'm here. I don't have an answer for you JayDee's.
    04-26-13 07:42 PM
    Oh hi Underway!!! How are you?? I was able to side load even with the new VZW update. So that's good news. And also my battery seems to be lasting better. So that's also good news.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    04-26-13 08:59 PM
    That update was supposed to fix the battery issue among others.

I have the free use of a Galaxy S3 through May. That means I get to try the droid until my June upgrade comes up and I can try the Z10.
    04-26-13 09:25 PM
    Oficially it's a "loaner" while we figure out why I have awful service at my house, even with a network extender. Big Red thinks the BB radios might be the issue, because my daughter's S3 gets great service here and my 3 BlackBerry phones do not.
    04-26-13 09:34 PM
    Well, the CB review of the Q10 does sound interesting. But I am not eligible till Fall and I want to know more about CONTROL without the trackpad and Home Row buttons - editing and moving around menus, etc. And also how fouled up they've left the Bridge with the pb!
    04-27-13 12:16 AM
    Oficially it's a "loaner" while we figure out why I have awful service at my house, even with a network extender. Big Red thinks the BB radios might be the issue, because my daughter's S3 gets great service here and my 3 BlackBerry phones do not.
    Did you also have lousy service with your 9930? That's weird. Well remember my month of no service at my home. It was a provisioning problem on VZW's end. They had to send the issue to an engineer who went line by line in my engineering screen and figured out that when i switched devices, they took away my 3G signal.

Could a provisioning problem be what you have??? The droid and iphoney at my house were fine at the same time.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-27-13 at 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-27-13 07:36 AM
    Yes, I had awful service on my 9930 as well. My wife's too. We swapped her 9930 several times for assorted issues, but drop almost half of our calls since we moved here. Big Red gave me a 3G network extender to fix the problem. It didn't help with the BlackBerry devices, but my daughter's S3 does really well. We looked at provisioning issues. None to be found. And it was multiple 9930 devices.

I bought my wife a Galaxy Note 2. She saw it next to the Z10 in the store and it was over. She really likes the screen size (it's a beast) compared to the Z10. Oh and the Note was just $30 more than the Z10. VZW shipped the new S3 last week for testing on my line. In this first week with the Samsung devices, we've dropped one call. Hmm.
    04-27-13 10:19 AM
    Yes, I had awful service on my 9930 as well. My wife's too. We swapped her 9930 several times for assorted issues, but drop almost half of our calls since we moved here. Big Red gave me a 3G network extender to fix the problem. It didn't help with the BlackBerry devices, but my daughter's S3 does really well. We looked at provisioning issues. None to be found. And it was multiple 9930 devices.

I bought my wife a Galaxy Note 2. She saw it next to the Z10 in the store and it was over. She really likes the screen size (it's a beast) compared to the Z10. Oh and the Note was just $30 more than the Z10. VZW shipped the new S3 last week for testing on my line. In this first week with the Samsung devices, we've dropped one call. Hmm.
    I wonder if it's an antenna or hardware issue with the 9930's.
    04-27-13 10:42 AM
    Don't know, but it's been with four of them. One from Canada and three from Mexico.
    04-27-13 11:31 AM
    I'm not sure about the antenna. I have a network extender, so I'm at best 50 feet from my "tower" which connects to their network via my cable Internet service.
    04-27-13 11:33 AM
    Wow. That's too bad. Looks like you have to go with something else for the signal. Guess I'm lucky I live in a city or within city limits and we get good signal here

04-27-13 01:30 PM
    So my z10 has already proven its worth. Last night the husband and I were driving to a dinner and of course he didn't know the directions. I fired up BlackBerry maps with the voice navigation and we were able to route around an accident as well. Yay BlackBerry maps!!!!!! Miss my BlackBerry traffic but we were saved by maps. He has no idea how to do stuff like that on his phone. Lol. He should have a dumb phone.

04-29-13 05:41 AM
    Easy on the hubby!!!

Sent from my DROID DNA
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-29-13 06:04 AM
    Easy on the hubby!!!

Sent from my DROID DNA
    LMAO! you guys all stick together, huh? What is it about men? They never want to ask for directions!!! But it doesn't matter as long as I have my phone with me.
    buford07 likes this.
    04-29-13 07:05 AM
    Wow. That's too bad. Looks like you have to go with something else for the signal. Guess I'm lucky I live in a city or within city limits and we get good signal here

Don't I know it!

I've been fighting a losing battle for network coverage since I bought this house last spring. I figured I'd have to live with it, even with the network extender that didn't do much for my BlackBerry phones. It worked really well with every other VZW phone that came near my house though.

I'll give this a solid try and then try the Z10 if I can talk them into sending one of those.
    04-30-13 12:19 AM
    Don't I know it!

I've been fighting a losing battle for network coverage since I bought this house last spring. I figured I'd have to live with it, even with the network extender that didn't do much for my BlackBerry phones. It worked really well with every other VZW phone that came near my house though.

I'll give this a solid try and then try the Z10 if I can talk them into sending one of those.
    We would hate to lose you from the ranks here Underway!!!!
    Make it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    04-30-13 05:47 AM
    You will love the z.... I hope you can get one!

Tapatalk-d White Z10 style!
    04-30-13 07:43 AM
    You know, I had the same problem with signal in this house, and ATT ended up giving me a network extender as well and now it works fine.
    What was weird is that I never had issues with my 9650 or my 9810 but when I got the 9900, I would get horrible signal.
    I'm really thinking it was the antenna on the 9900. Now of course because I have the extender I don't know if the Zed has the same issue. Unless I turn the extender off and see.

Really sucks Underway..hate to see you go just because of this.
    I would try the Zed or even the Q and see if it's any better before deciding...
    04-30-13 07:54 AM
    I'd hate to go too. I was really looking forward to the Z10. After the radio troubles I had with 4 9930s, even with that 3G network extender, using a device that works every time is very nice.

This Galaxy S3 is working really well - - I'm still looking unsuccessfully for a glaring weakness. I want to not like it, because it would make it easier to justify spending $200 for the Z10 instead of the $50 that I'll owe Big Red if I keep the S3. So far there is nothing to dislike. BlackBerry has a winner if the Z10 is this good.
    Last edited by underway99; 04-30-13 at 10:34 AM.
    04-30-13 09:38 AM
    You have to give the Z10 a chance to see if it works on your network at home. It really is as good as any other phone. I haven't used others but what could be that different? It does everything they do. And has BBM to boot. Hope you can give it a try.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-01-13 11:05 AM
    You have to give the Z10 a chance to see if it works on your network at home. It really is as good as any other phone. I haven't used others but what could be that different? It does everything they do. And has BBM to boot. Hope you can give it a try.
    You can always go back to your 9930 and send me your Z10.
    05-01-13 06:18 PM
    Midd, if I could, I would send you one!!!!! You will love it!

westiewanderer and BergerKing like this.
    05-01-13 07:25 PM
    I'd hate to go too. I was really looking forward to the Z10. After the radio troubles I had with 4 9930s, even with that 3G network extender, using a device that works every time is very nice.

This Galaxy S3 is working really well - - I'm still looking unsuccessfully for a glaring weakness. I want to not like it, because it would make it easier to justify spending $200 for the Z10 instead of the $50 that I'll owe Big Red if I keep the S3. So far there is nothing to dislike. BlackBerry has a winner if the Z10 is this good.
    I haven't found anything too lacking on the S3, as much as I'd like to have a BB again. But I'd still have to think it over long and hard before I'd take a Q10 over it.
    05-02-13 12:24 AM
    My biggest issue with this S3 is the size. It doesn't fit very well in a pocket. If that's the only problem...
    05-02-13 01:20 AM
23,186 ... 770771772773774 ...