What, no mention of a certain someones potentially acquiring a new device tomorrow? Hmmmm..................
    HAHA!! I was trying to keep it dark, F2!
    But yes, I think today is the day I join the Z10 ranks. I watched Kevin's 6 hour telecast yesterday of his stress test and I realized that I want to try the larger screen. So I will call VZW and see how much they are going to take of my blood and then go to the store.
    westiewanderer and buford07 like this.
    04-02-13 05:28 AM
    How did the stress test turn out btw? Did the Z10 rock it?

� Still waters run deep �
    04-02-13 12:23 PM
    OK Ramblers...I did it! I made the switch to a BB Z10.
    OMG.
    It's a wonderful device but so hard to type on. Let me tell you, the words I am typing on that kb come no where near to real english (which I thought was my native language but evidently on that kb it's not). Oh well. I will get used to it in time. But what a learning curve. Everything is different. and I have not even gotten to my card with music, wallpapers, pictures, etc. That is for another day. ALl I wanted was to get my contacts and calendars and emails set up. An easy 4 hour affair.

UGH
    It is worth it however. It's quite a device and I love the browser. WOW so fast and so easy to use.
    Now if I could only type....
    westiewanderer and buford07 like this.
    04-02-13 03:13 PM
    OMG.
    It's a wonderful device but so hard to type on. Let me tell you, the words I am typing on that kb come no where near to real english (which I thought was my native language but evidently on that kb it's not). Oh well. I will get used to it in time. But what a learning curve. Everything is different. and I have not even gotten to my card with music, wallpapers, pictures, etc. That is for another day. ALl I wanted was to get my contacts and calendars and emails set up. An easy 4 hour affair.

UGH
    It is worth it however. It's quite a device and I love the browser. WOW so fast and so easy to use.
    WOOT! well done jaydee!!

04-02-13 03:30 PM
    VG JayDee. I gotta ask-- how will you and Hamster manage without themes or BattEx skins?
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-02-13 03:39 PM
    OMG.

UGH
    Of course that KB isn't English -- it's programmed in CANADIAN!. They just look similar.
    04-02-13 11:06 PM
    Underway, it's not easy to say good bye to battex or themes. People are figuring our some cute ways of customizing so it won't be too bad. Says Mrs 750 be weather sets and countless more customizing options. Lol. If it weren't for such a steep learning curve on this kb I'd say this is a perfect device. The app assortment is passable and will get better. But everything looks better here. I learning and I think I'm gonna be fine. Not returning it at any cost.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:08 AM
    I held a working Z10 tonight at VZW store. It was the first device that I saw as I entered the store. The salesguy said that they had just received a restock because they sold out of their first shipment. He said that it was the first time he had seen people waiting at the store opening time to buy a BlackBerry on launch day. He was able to quote the literature, and showed me a little bit about the phone while really talking up the browser, but didn't know much about the device as a whole. He said his favorite BlackBerry was the Storm. Hmmm.

At any rate, after actually using it in the store without the leash tying it to the counter, I'm sold. The concern that I had after seeing it for the first time before the VZW release was that it was perhaps too small. Not any more. I get my upgrade in 20 days. I saw both black and white side by side, and I'm thinking I'll probably get the white one. Maybe Big Red will send the OS update by then.
    04-03-13 11:50 PM
    I held a working Z10 tonight at VZW store. It was the first device that I saw as I entered the store. The salesguy said that they had just received a restock because they sold out of their first shipment. He said that it was the first time he had seen people waiting at the store opening time to buy a BlackBerry on launch day. He was able to quote the literature, and showed me a little bit about the phone while really talking up the browser, but didn't know much about the device as a whole. He said his favorite BlackBerry was the Storm. Hmmm.

At any rate, after actually using it in the store without the leash tying it to the counter, I'm sold. The concern that I had after seeing it for the first time before the VZW release was that it was perhaps too small. Not any more. I get my upgrade in 20 days. I saw both black and white side by side, and I'm thinking I'll probably get the white one. Maybe Big Red will send the OS update by then.
    Underway yay!
    You will not be sorry. I thought I had made a big 600 dollar mistake when I brought mine home and couldn't type on it. Just to prove that an old dog can learn new tricks I am answering from my device! It's just a fast fast browser and sleek device to hold. I got the white one as well just because I could! And I think it's the best device for watching sports and movies because I am already thrilled at what's available on here that wasn't on the bold. Make the switch and keep us posted. After all I still have questions so learn this phone so I can ask you for advice like I always do!
    westiewanderer and underway99 like this.
    04-04-13 05:54 AM
    "...so learn this phone so I can ask you for advice like I always do!"

Well. I have my marching orders, don't I?
    04-04-13 06:46 PM
    Does anyone know if the Android version of Tapatalk works on the Z10?
    04-04-13 09:23 PM
    Underway you do have your orders. Haha. As far as tap a talk, I believe the Android port of it is available and some are using it.

Please give it a try and let us know will ya?

Lmao

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    04-04-13 10:30 PM
    I'll get right on that Ma'am.
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-05-13 08:18 PM
    Hi Guys!! Happy Caturday!! *grins* I know at least a few of you are wating for the Q10 like me....So here is a link to the best pics of the WHITE q10 That I have found!! If you have any more...or better ones...please share!! LOL

Blackberry Q10 Photo Gallery | UnleashThePhones
    buford07 likes this.
    04-06-13 08:43 AM
    I was going to wait also for the Q10, Westie, but couldn't last that long! (It would have still been Sept for my upgrade.)
    I have to say I miss the keyboard but I am doing alright with the Z10. In fact, I love the phone and am so glad I switched. Everything was more comfortable on the Bold for sure, but the Z is an amazing device and its so fast and smooth.

PS Underway, just so you can sleep at night: Hamster and I have found several apps that allow us to add a weather slot and different battery icons to the active frames page and some themeing colors, etc.....So don't worry about us anymore ok?

We are doing some cute things with the Z10! Hamster is even making the battery icons for Russ's new app...Vital Signs!!!
    04-06-13 07:01 PM
    You have no idea how much better I feel now JayDee .

18 days to go.
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-06-13 08:02 PM
    Well we wouldn't want you to worry about us. And well us Ramblers always find a way

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:13 PM
    Gee thanks Ma'am.

Have you tried sideloading any Android launchers? If those work, you might be able to load and customize themes.
    04-06-13 08:30 PM
    Gee thanks Ma'am.

Have you tried sideloading any Android launchers? If those work, you might be able to load and customize themes.
    Nope haven't tried yet..but now you have me thinking....which could be dangerous
    04-06-13 08:39 PM
    I read that ADW Launcher works with BB10. There are scads of ADW themes.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-13 09:09 PM
    Adw is awesome

04-06-13 09:34 PM
    I read that ADW Launcher works with BB10. There are scads of ADW themes.
    Ok. That sold me. Going looking for the bar file tomorrow. Haha

04-06-13 09:36 PM
    PS notice I said bar file and NOT simply bar..
    Lmao

04-06-13 09:38 PM
    Of course. You're allowed to keep your own bar materials at home now.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-13 09:43 PM
    Ok. That sold me. Going looking for the bar file tomorrow. Haha

There's a thread for sideloading Android apps
    04-06-13 09:45 PM
23,186 ... 765766767768769 ...