Google Reader for Blackberry is going away anyway. You could use Blackberry Reader, or maybe Social Feeds. SF will also work as an RSS client. It's great how well your 9930 runs now without all the baggage. How is the memory leak?
    Memory leak is slowing, believe it or not. I have no idea what a full card has to do with it, but it still loses memory, just not as fast. 17 hours uptime yesterday and I still had over 70MB left available!!! WOOHOOOOO
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-24-13 09:21 AM
    Man, just playing around with one. Lol still looking at bb10 though.

Sent from my iPhone 4
    Buford, I think you are a multiple personality person. You are really
    You make me laugh!
    Iphones are supposed to have fast-draining batteries. Is this your finding? People at work are constantly crawling around looking for a place to plug in.
    03-24-13 09:23 AM
    Anyone who listens to ATT reps talk about Blackberries is nutz. (As prince just found out)
    I called VZW yesterday asking about upgrading early, and of course they won't let me. Been a customer for over 30 years, and all I wanted was to move up a few months. Oh well. Gotta wait. But the rep didn't waste any time telling me what a fantastic device it is and how he used one at the store and that he is getting one and on and on and on.....

And I said Yeah I know my friend has one.
    He said what?
    I said yeah she's on ATT.
    He goes I had no idea they got them before we did.

So there you have it. They know nothing about the phone. People who know PHONES know the Z10.

Moral: don't listen to anyone who says disparaging things because either its sour grapes or ignorance.

Case in point: do we EVER say disparaging things about anyone else's phone here? NO because we are not ignorant. We understand that everyone is an individual and can use whatever phone they want. It's a smartphone, people. a piece of metal and plastic. Get over it. And STOP LISTENING TO REPS AT THE CARRIER STORES.

ok down off the soap box before I get hurt. Time for another glass of sangria. Ole.
    Totally agree with you. The reps know nothing. My att rep actually liked the phone and was excited about training on it (We won't get into why he wasn't trained before it launched)
    It is an amazing phone. Truly multitasking. Does it lack some things? Yes. Is it different from BBOS. Yes. I miss some things. But as they say, Keep Moving. Change is a good thing
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:25 AM
    BTW, anyone have any ideas on how I can convince VZW to let me upgrade early...at a lower cost than 599.00???
    03-24-13 09:43 AM
    I tried to upgrade two lines early yesterday. The word that I got was that they'll let you do it for most devices, just not the newest and greatest sellers. The "no early upgrade" list is regional, BTW. Here in this part of Washington, the only phones on that "no" list are iPhone 5, Galaxy Note, and Z10. They were ready to ship anything else right away (including the S3, an older IPhone, anything from Microsoft or HTC or Motorola, a tablet, anything), and my first upgrade isn't due for 5 weeks.

EDIT: I wonder how much of that goes back to how much the person who gets your call is willing to do for you?
    Last edited by underway99; 03-24-13 at 11:35 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-24-13 10:03 AM
    Iphones are supposed to have fast-draining batteries. Is this your finding? People at work are constantly crawling around looking for a place to plug in.
    I've heard that too. My iPhone battery life has been good. I'm on the latest iOS upgrade and I don't have to charge at work, with moderate to heavy use I'm good until I charge again at night.
    03-24-13 11:48 AM
    I tried to upgrade two lines early yesterday. The word that I got was that they'll let you do it for most devices, just not the newest and greatest sellers. The "no early upgrade" list is regional, BTW. Here in this part of Washington, the only phones on that "no" list are iPhone 5, Galaxy Note, and Z10. They were ready to ship anything else right away (including the S3, an older IPhone, anything from Microsoft or HTC or Motorola, a tablet, anything), and my first upgrade isn't due for 5 weeks.

EDIT: I wonder how much of that goes back to how much the person who gets your call is willing to do for you?
    Underway is correct, there are certain phones that you can get an early upgrade into. I inquired about this last year and was told the same thing.
    03-24-13 11:51 AM
    Anyone who listens to ATT reps talk about Blackberries is nutz. (As prince just found out)
    I called VZW yesterday asking about upgrading early, and of course they won't let me. Been a customer for over 30 years, and all I wanted was to move up a few months. Oh well. Gotta wait. But the rep didn't waste any time telling me what a fantastic device it is and how he used one at the store and that he is getting one and on and on and on.....

And I said Yeah I know my friend has one.
    He said what?
    I said yeah she's on ATT.
    He goes I had no idea they got them before we did.

So there you have it. They know nothing about the phone. People who know PHONES know the Z10.

Moral: don't listen to anyone who says disparaging things because either its sour grapes or ignorance.

Case in point: do we EVER say disparaging things about anyone else's phone here? NO because we are not ignorant. We understand that everyone is an individual and can use whatever phone they want. It's a smartphone, people. a piece of metal and plastic. Get over it. And STOP LISTENING TO REPS AT THE CARRIER STORES.

ok down off the soap box before I get hurt. Time for another glass of sangria. Ole.
    I couldn't agree more Jaydee. I was tempted to lie and tell the rep I was with Blackberry just to see his face. There are many great phones to choose from. People do your own research and stop depending on these sales reps. I can guarantee you most people here know more walking in the door than any rep.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-24-13 12:17 PM
    Doing okay but I could not find this thread. I actually had to search for ESSEX!

Right now I'm copying a series of documents and contracts for the Solar system I'm installing on my house! Yikes, Solar in Seattle (and I'll be sleepless thinking about the costs!).

The sorry thing about that AT&T rep saying BB is going out of business is that's the line they will give to other customers many of whom will believe it - reducing sales!

Yesterday's blue skies - although I'm sure some of you have had enough of this stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_2250.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_2249.jpg  
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-24-13 02:26 PM
    I held a Z10 in my hand yesterday. The people at Best Buy were clueless about it BTW. Surprise! At any rate, I was struck by how small it is, and by the size of the bezel. That looks like a LOT of wasted space. It's one thing to see pics and articles about it, and another to actually see it. I should think you'd want a slab phone to be a bit larger...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-25-13 03:41 PM
    I held a Z10 in my hand yesterday. The people at Best Buy were clueless about it BTW. Surprise! At any rate, I was struck by how small it is, and by the size of the bezel. That looks like a LOT of wasted space. It's one thing to see pics and articles about it, and another to actually see it. I should think you'd want a slab phone to be a bit larger...
    I thought the size was ok. It was very light. Didn't really pay much attention to the bezel.
    03-25-13 04:36 PM

Right. That's what I was told Underway. Because the Z10 is an iconic device, like the iphone5, i can't upgrade. I am not giving up tho. I still intend to call one or twice a week and get diff reps on the phone and see what they say. Maybe somewhere along the way I will find one who says Sure. For 199 and an extra 100 I'll ship ya one.

Hey...I can dream, can't I?
    03-25-13 05:10 PM
    Doing okay but I could not find this thread. I actually had to search for ESSEX!

Right now I'm copying a series of documents and contracts for the Solar system I'm installing on my house! Yikes, Solar in Seattle (and I'll be sleepless thinking about the costs!).

The sorry thing about that AT&T rep saying BB is going out of business is that's the line they will give to other customers many of whom will believe it - reducing sales!

Yesterday's blue skies - although I'm sure some of you have had enough of this stuff
    F2...will you stop torturing us with the lovely outdoor shots?
    I'm stuck inside and damn! I HATE snow! hahahahaha
    But that does look pretty!!!! Let's have some spring already, ok? Flowers in the mountains, edelweiss please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS F2-how do you manage to take such beautiful shots???? You really are a very accomplished photographer! I tell you, the ones hanging in my office garner comments everytime people come through. And when I'm not swearing at them to get out, they actually stop to admire the wall and see all your pretty shots! Just gorgeous! I'm saving these too!!!!!!!!!!
    03-25-13 05:14 PM
    F2...will you stop torturing us with the lovely outdoor shots?
    I'm stuck inside and damn! I HATE snow! hahahahaha
    But that does look pretty!!!! Let's have some spring already, ok? Flowers in the mountains, edelweiss please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS F2-how do you manage to take such beautiful shots???? You really are a very accomplished photographer! I tell you, the ones hanging in my office garner comments everytime people come through. And when I'm not swearing at them to get out, they actually stop to admire the wall and see all your pretty shots! Just gorgeous! I'm saving these too!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I hate to rub it in but today was bicycling - still somewhat cool at 56F (are you envious?) Still warming today. And flowering plums and cherries all about and hyacinths and daffies are everywhere. Actually, in my trip report the other day, they have some checkoff categories and I posted that the trip had: wildflowers, berries and Fall foliage. I appended: "I can dream can't I."

I'm glad you and others enjoy the pictures. The Dolomites are a grand place. There are any number of duds in the photo department for a few good ones. I do look for the composition. Balance of sky and land and positioning. And I'm too old to want to carry a large single lens reflex anymore. So this was a Canon S95. Nice little camera but damn them, they removed the "voice memo" function. You know - if I saw a new creek with interesting water sounds I would take a still of the creek and record the sounds. Same with Church bells and in Italy, cow bells - shoot the church or cows and record the sound.

When I called to ask about my bill last week, Verizon told me I have an upgrade in Oct, I think. I thought it was NEXT March. But I think it is like Canon and the camera's voice memo - Rim thinks it is adding features but taking away some wanted ones, too. Like with the 9930 - the camera comes close to s-cking!!!!

Hope you survive the next snow storm and definitely WORK!!!
    03-25-13 05:46 PM
    *sighs* I can't wait to get back on my mtn bike!

� Still waters run deep �
    03-26-13 11:32 AM
    *sighs* I can't wait to get back on my mtn bike!

‡ Still waters run deep ‡
    This was a road ride. Last week was the mtn bike but only an urban adventure. Both were about 15 or so miles.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    03-26-13 02:28 PM
    Geez! You guys are too healthy for me! HAHA

Well, Hamster and I are about to book another dream vacation...PeeWee's Great Adventure Part Deux...
    and we will tell you all about it as soon as we buy the airline tickets. So excited to be seeing Hamster again!!! We had a LOT of fun last time. My liver is still remembering......

03-26-13 06:29 PM
    PeeWee? Eeewwwwwwww!
    03-26-13 09:54 PM
    This was a road ride. Last week was the mtn bike but only an urban adventure. Both were about 15 or so miles.
    excellent!! At least you are getting out there! WAY too much snow, ice, and sub zero temps up here to get out...and of course my buddies back home have been killin me with photos of 60 degree temps, and dry trail conditions!! GRRRRRRR!! LOL!
    03-27-13 08:47 AM
    So I booked my flight!!!
    Hamster and I are going to be set loose in beautiful Savannah, GA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait!
    I already got ideas for tours and cruises and dinners and....hey! We're gonna need some serious cash!
    LMAO
    03-27-13 09:23 AM
    Geez! You guys are too healthy for me! HAHA

Well, Hamster and I are about to book another dream vacation...PeeWee's Great Adventure Part Deux...
    and we will tell you all about it as soon as we buy the airline tickets. So excited to be seeing Hamster again!!! We had a LOT of fun last time. My liver is still remembering......

Sounds like fun. You could find a place that rents bikes or trikes and start slow............. Help make more room in that liver for guns and tonics.
    03-27-13 09:43 AM
    excellent!! At least you are getting out there! WAY too much snow, ice, and sub zero temps up here to get out...and of course my buddies back home have been killin me with photos of 60 degree temps, and dry trail conditions!! GRRRRRRR!! LOL!
    Our Winters are generally mild by some standards. I can usually find a drier day once a week or so to get in a 15 mile loop or out and back. But drive 40 or 50 or so miles and I can find FEET of snow.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    03-27-13 09:48 AM
    Sounds like fun. You could find a place that rents bikes or trikes and start slow............. Help make more room in that liver for guns and tonics.
    HAHA. A motor vehicle AND guns and tonics?? Nope. We're gonna do foot power I think!
    03-27-13 10:07 AM
    Hey Ramblers!!
    Guess what day it is? Last day before vacation and I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    I'm already drinking. I'm sure you're surprised to know that I do that!
    westiewanderer and FF22 like this.
    03-28-13 03:08 PM
    Woohhooooo! You go girl! But save your liver for Savannah!! LMAO
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-28-13 03:26 PM
23,186 ... 763764765766767 ...