Nope. At least it wasn't mine. I knew right away what the sound was -- I was reaching for my 9930 before the chair was upright again.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    03-14-13 05:57 PM
    Now THAT'S a sad story!!!
    03-14-13 06:01 PM
    ok so I guess I'm stuck with the wallpapers. I found them but how does bbmcp delete them?
    I mean, I couldn't find them with bbmcp. Can it read the device? well d"oh. yes, it reads the device, but how to navigate to the wallpapers?? i can't see a folder marked medialoader.

is mediacrawler the one to delete???
    03-15-13 06:13 PM
    No. I'd let this one go. At best, you'd only get back a little over 5MB even if you were able to delete the backgrounds. It looks like the only way to get rid of them is to wipe and reload the OS after shrinking out the wallpapers.
    03-15-13 07:40 PM
    OK Thanks Underway. I guess I'd better not fool around unless I want to reload the OS.
    Also, Am on the phone with VZW to see when I can upgrade to my new Z10....I'm not eligible to upgrade till Sept. still!!!

The said if I had a phone I wasn't using???? I could add a new line and get the Z10.
    What does that mean? A phone I don't use? Why would anyone have a phone they don't use????
    I'm confused.
    03-16-13 09:11 AM
    It sounds like they're suggesting that you activate a second line if you want a new phone right now.
    As to your question about a spare line, I know somebody who has a spare line so that he always has an upgrade available. He figures that the cost of the extra line over the contract term is the same as buying the phone outright, but is financing it with their money.
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-16-13 10:34 AM
    It sounds like they're suggesting that you activate a second line if you want a new phone right now.
    As to your question about a spare line, I know somebody who has a spare line so that he always has an upgrade available. He figures that the cost of the extra line over the contract term is the same as buying the phone outright, but is financing it with their money.
    I don't see why anyone would want to have an extra line just for upgrades. Maybe I just don't make enough money.
    03-16-13 10:41 AM
    OK Thanks Underway. I guess I'd better not fool around unless I want to reload the OS.
    Also, Am on the phone with VZW to see when I can upgrade to my new Z10....I'm not eligible to upgrade till Sept. still!!!

The said if I had a phone I wasn't using???? I could add a new line and get the Z10.
    What does that mean? A phone I don't use? Why would anyone have a phone they don't use????
    I'm confused.
    I'm not eligible till NEXT MARCH! But if they don't fix Bridge, bb may not be in my future anyway. I still want to see the keyboard model and do a comparison. But if Verizon is as NON-BB oriented as they were with the 9930, I'm sure that they won't have them on display and they won't be charged when brought from the dusty bowels of their storage room!
    03-16-13 10:45 AM
    I have a second line that is my internet card....I live in rural areas that rarely have wifi....its ready for an upgrade....and since phones can be hotspots these days.....perfect! *grins*

� Still waters run deep �
    03-16-13 10:46 AM
    I don't see why anyone would want to have an extra line just for upgrades. Maybe I just don't make enough money.
    He has a second line he keeps an old flip phone on with just minimal service. It costs about $20. Over two years the cost is the same as if he were to buy the phone at full price. He doesn't see it as being any different than buying the phone with a credit card, except that there's no interest. He has it timed so there's an available upgrade every six months or so.
    03-16-13 11:04 AM
    I have a second line that is my internet card....I live in rural areas that rarely have wifi....its ready for an upgrade....and since phones can be hotspots these days.....perfect! *grins*

‡ Still waters run deep ‡
    Now that sounds like a plan. Can you switch lines? Get the upgrade on the internet card line and switch the other line to the card?
    03-16-13 11:05 AM
    I've done that. So far as they're concerned, a line is a line. They don't care as long as they can keep you on a contract.

They tried to charge a fee once. Be careful. I got it reversed, but had to wait for my bill cycle to close.
    03-16-13 11:08 AM
    I'm not eligible till NEXT MARCH! But if they don't fix Bridge, bb may not be in my future anyway. I still want to see the keyboard model and do a comparison. But if Verizon is as NON-BB oriented as they were with the 9930, I'm sure that they won't have them on display and they won't be charged when brought from the dusty bowels of their storage room!

‡ Still waters run deep ‡
    OK so I see what everyone is saying here. A second line will cost me money every month and I can't afford to do that. I am just going to have to do what F2 says and WAIT to see the Q10 and compare it to the Z10 over the summer. I will then make a decision while I have time. We have a fourth line on our share everything plan. It is a phone number for my husband's droid tablet...but it's not a phone. I guess the line is for his data service. and there's no way I can trade that for my new bb10.

So I would add a second line...another phone number? And not use it? And what would it cost per month? Doesn't sound like anything I want to do though. I mean really? I could just pay the 700 bucks outright or whatever it is and say HERE I want the damn phone.

But that kinda money is not an option for me sadly.
    03-16-13 11:08 AM
    By the way, thanks everyone for weighing in on this matter. Makes me feel better even though I am stuck waiting anyway. I STILL LOVE my 9930 and almost DON'T wanna switch...so waiting won't hurt me at all.
    03-16-13 11:15 AM
    Happy St.Patrick's Day to all the Ramblers!! Old and new!
    Have one on me!!!
    03-17-13 08:17 AM
    Thanks jaydee I WILL have one
    ...errrrrrr ....more like a FEW! HAPPY ST PADDY'S peeps!! I hope it's awesome for you all!

03-17-13 08:46 AM
    Have one on me!!!
    Happy St. Paddy's day!
    03-17-13 10:20 AM
    Have one on me!!!

Thanks jaydee I WILL have one
    ...errrrrrr ....more like a FEW! HAPPY ST PADDY'S peeps!! I hope it's awesome for you all!

Thanks JayDee.

So, are you saying that you're going to leave some?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-17-13 10:33 AM
    ****, no!
    HAHAHAHAHA
    I'm more into chocolate these days rather than alcohol...another one of my vices!
    03-17-13 01:06 PM
    ****, no!
    HAHAHAHAHA
    I'm more into chocolate these days rather than alcohol...another one of my vices!
    Say it ain't so! Chocolate over guns & tonic?
    buford07 likes this.
    03-18-13 01:03 PM
    These ads on the right crowding the forum panel are driving me crazy!
    03-18-13 01:04 PM
    I agree. The only way I have found to avoid them is to use Tapatalk. That doesn't work, of course, on my PC though.

I've had about enough of this redesigned site layout. I'm ready for something better (like the old one).
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-18-13 01:44 PM
    Ads are fokking everywhere! Sheesh!!
    It makes my eyeballs confused to see all this nonsense.
    And why are they always trying to sell me something?? I SPEND money for sure. They don't have to goad me.
    03-18-13 02:12 PM
    They are driving my crazy also
    Oh why oh why did they do this. It was barely manageable before. Now this forum is a PITA.

Eh. On to better things....Friday, please come quick!!!!
    03-18-13 06:18 PM
    I wonder if they are intentionally pi$$ing us off so that we don't *itch when they install a paywall to bypass the ads? A paid subscription to CB.
    03-18-13 07:51 PM
23,186 ... 761762763764765 ...