Good Morning Ramblers! I've been checking out the BB10 reviews. Overall, it looks good and is a huge step forward. I think it gets Blackberry in the conversation again, but I'm not sure it will be good enough to get people to come back who left for other platforms and new users. I wish them luck, time will tell. Have a great Super Bowl weekend.
    02-02-13 09:35 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers! I've been checking out the BB10 reviews. Overall, it looks good and is a huge step forward. I think it gets Blackberry in the conversation again, but I'm not sure it will be good enough to get people to come back who left for other platforms and new users. I wish them luck, time will tell. Have a great Super Bowl weekend.
    I will definitely take a look at it...

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    westiewanderer likes this.
    02-02-13 09:57 AM
    And dont forget, the US makes up a very small portion of the world's cell phone market... And for what i can see, the new bb is selling out all over the UK and wherever they debuted it. So i think it bodes well. The fickle US flash and dance customer will never be won over. And frankly, who cares about them? As long as the rest of the world buys and i get one, then Yay! For blackberry!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 10:49 AM
    And dont forget, the US makes up a very small portion of the world's cell phone market... And for what i can see, the new bb is selling out all over the UK and wherever they debuted it. So i think it bodes well. The fickle US flash and dance customer will never be won over. And frankly, who cares about them? As long as the rest of the world buys and i get one, then Yay! For blackberry!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Yay for the Queen!! I hadn't heard how sales were going in the UK that's great news.
    02-02-13 11:47 AM
    So what's up with the Ramblers? We are getting snow, snow and more snow!
    Gives me a weekend stuck inside to load themes and wallpapers, download Docs2Go and convert docx files.
    figured a business device had to be able to read docx but no dice for me. Can anyone read docx with Docs2Go?
    02-08-13 07:40 PM
    Lots of time to build a snowman!!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    02-08-13 08:14 PM

Some of the 9.5 inches that we got here in my hometown. I believe Albany actually had more. but we got off easy compared to Boston and Portland.
    02-09-13 09:42 AM
    http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...psb5b810df.jpg

Some of the 9.5 inches that we got here in my hometown. I believe Albany actually had more. but we got off easy compared to Boston and Portland.

wow, still quite a storm jaydee!! Now, dont drop your BB in it!!
    02-10-13 11:10 AM
    Snow, snow and even more snow.....
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_1866.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-midge.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_1713.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_1710.jpg  
    02-10-13 05:54 PM
    Those are some very nice pictures F2.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-10-13 09:01 PM
    F2,
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the pics!!!
    Did your suitcase ever show up??? And skis?
    02-11-13 07:00 AM
    F2,
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the pics!!!
    Did your suitcase ever show up??? And skis?
    no!

problem is much of the clothes need washing and some might have been damp. checked last night at "wheresmysuitcase.com" but it was not there yet. their system yesterday showed one bag made it POSSIBLY and one did not. so much for bar codes. same with everyone on flights into snowy Amsterdam yesterday morning. we shall see.
    02-11-13 07:40 AM
    no!

problem is much of the clothes need washing and some might have been damp. checked last night at "wheresmysuitcase.com" but it was not there yet. their system yesterday showed one bag made it POSSIBLY and one did not. so much for bar codes. same with everyone on flights into snowy Amsterdam yesterday morning. we shall see.
    I hope they turn up soon!
    As for whereismysuitcase.com....do they locate missing minds? Cause I seem to have lost mine this weekend....
    westiewanderer and buford07 like this.
    02-11-13 08:27 AM
    Nice pics f2! very nice!
    02-11-13 09:13 AM
    I left for Android, but will give BB10 a serious look.. Looks good..

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    02-11-13 10:15 AM
    Nice pics f2! very nice!
    Thanks - there are hundreds more!

Here's part of one night's salad bar and then two from another night's desserts - apple sweets. Normally, dessert was just one item but this was a special dessert night
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-apples2.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-apples1.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-salad.jpg  
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-11-13 11:39 AM
    What a spread.
    02-11-13 02:12 PM
    OMG F2!!!!!
    Talk about Fat Tuesday! I want one of each of those desserts!!!!

Her Ramblers, my phone is at it again. I charge it in bedside mode and when I woke up this am it was asking me to close different apps to make some room in memory. Look at Tiny Meter's printout:

woohoo...talk about a leak...down to 0.0
    02-12-13 09:24 AM
    Hmmm. Major leakage again.
    02-12-13 10:09 AM
    Hmmm. Major leakage again.
    Actually, it never really improved. I just reboot so many times in a day trying out themes that I never noticed the 0 MB memory.
    Some days are better than others. I might be left with 30 MB after a long day... 0 is unusual.
    02-12-13 11:02 AM
    And you still have no idea what is causing the drain after all this time and countless devices? Hmmm.
    02-12-13 11:27 AM
    I believe it is BeWeather causing the problem. Either that or the fact that I shrink out something that causes the problem. I have been shrinking OSes since OS6 and I always take out everything except just a couple of items. SO more than likely, I always remove something that I shouldn't. But with a reboot scheduled every morning before I get up, I don't mind. I find if I change themes excessively during the day (like 5 or 6 times) to either test of screen shot, then the memory also drops quickly. Although if I watch Tiny Meter, there IS some recovering going on because I can see plusses once in a while. but rarely.

I would also blame WhatsApp but i didn't have WhatsApp on OS6 and I still had the leak...I think it has something to do with memory leaks.
    02-12-13 11:45 AM
    I dumped BeWeather a long time ago. When I want to check the weather, I look outside. I keep a link to the NWS mobile site on my phone for the times that I want more detail.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-12-13 11:54 AM
    I dumped BeWeather a long time ago. When I want to check the weather, I look outside. I keep a link to the NWS mobile site on my phone for the times that I want more detail.
    I would do the same except I am in an interior room and have no windows so I never see the outside all day.
    LMAO
    02-12-13 04:26 PM
    So CB got an update but we're still in Rehab!
    Guess our ten step solution isn't working too well!!! HAHA
    At least they didn't pull the plug on us altogether!! We're still here! Yay!!

#1 Thing I hate: people who are too impatient. Like who can't wait for the new phone so they switch carriers and phones. Then they try and goad other people into switching. Know anyone like that?
    My pet peeve for the day!
    02-13-13 07:45 AM
23,186 ... 750751752753754 ...