*dons garlic necklace* Grrrrrr...sounds like its been a hellava run Jaydee....Lets hope youre almost past this and it will be sunshine and rainbows from here out....worst case scenario...you have to wait till BB10 and get your hands on a device!! *Grins* Wishing you luck before then tho! ;p;p;p
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-17-13 09:11 AM
    I thought I was having a bad month. Belated happy birthday Jaydee, hopefully it gets better from here. I think RIM should hook you up with a BB10 device!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-17-13 11:04 AM
    Thanks Westie and Prince!
    I was talking to Hamster this am and told her I downloaded Beta BBM and wow!!!! 3G is fast!!!
    LMAO I haven't had it in so long I had forgotten how nice and NORMAL it is!!
    Then I rebooted to install BBM beta and BOOM! Back to 1X
    And then while I'm talking to her, back up to 3G.

So weird.

Things can only get better from here, right??

PS I was offered another device. I think I will hold out for a replacement BB10 device! That will keep me happy thinking about THAT possibility!!
    01-17-13 11:39 AM
    Thanks Westie and Prince!
    I was talking to Hamster this am and told her I downloaded Beta BBM and wow!!!! 3G is fast!!!
    LMAO I haven't had it in so long I had forgotten how nice and NORMAL it is!!
    Then I rebooted to install BBM beta and BOOM! Back to 1X
    And then while I'm talking to her, back up to 3G.

So weird.

Things can only get better from here, right??

PS I was offered another device. I think I will hold out for a replacement BB10 device! That will keep me happy thinking about THAT possibility!!
    Do you want me to send you a phone until BB10 phones come out?

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-17-13 12:17 PM
    Do you want me to send you a phone until BB10 phones come out?

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Thanks for the offer Buford but I already turned down the droids and iphoneys.
    I am waiting for them to either fix this one or swap me a bb10...
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-17-13 01:15 PM
    So last night I got in late but decided, wth, I will call VZW anyway since I hadn't talked to them in 48 hours.
    I got a very pleasant woman on the phone who said she prides herself in being able to solve all the network problems, so....I said here's a challenge for you!
    She listened to my explanation and then said, "Well it's kinda hard to describe to someone who doesn't understand the language but what I think is wrong is..." I STOPPED HER RIGHT THERE. And said "TRY ME. I'M A CCNA." OOPS she said well then you WILL understand...

Then once we had that settled we discussed the problems with my phone. Not the handset, not the network but something with the provisioning with my phone ON the network. I have concluded that that is the only thing it can be, as we have tested and replaced everything else. She has about a week's worth of data for the network team and they are going to look at it today and Monday. So hopefully, on Monday she will contact me with some info. She also credited my acct for 20 bucks for my pain and suffering and said "if" they can't fix it, there will be more of a refund.

I said there is no "Can't". I need 3G.
    As the stomach turns....
    01-18-13 07:46 AM
    Sorry about your cat. Happy belated birthday (or did we do that before?).

Sounds like you got a good Rep. I was on last night with Verizon Global getting ready for my trip. Rates are p-iss poor compared with 2009 when $5 over my existing charges got me UNlimited data in Europe. Now that $5 gets me reduced cost phone calls. And $25 gets me a LIMITED 100mb. They are also sending me a new Battery Cover. I don't know if that's what is wrong with my NFC but I've played with the tags I purchased and see no results. We agreed I would hit one of their stores and see if my 9930 communicates with any nfc devices.
    01-18-13 04:44 PM
    Sorry about your cat. Happy belated birthday (or did we do that before?).

Sounds like you got a good Rep. I was on last night with Verizon Global getting ready for my trip. Rates are p-iss poor compared with 2009 when $5 over my existing charges got me UNlimited data in Europe. Now that $5 gets me reduced cost phone calls. And $25 gets me a LIMITED 100mb. They are also sending me a new Battery Cover. I don't know if that's what is wrong with my NFC but I've played with the tags I purchased and see no results. We agreed I would hit one of their stores and see if my 9930 communicates with any nfc devices.
    Thanks F2. Sounds like things aren't what they used to be.
    Hope you are able to use nfc successfully and that your data holds out while you are in Europe. Please take lots of great photos as I can't wait to travel through your wonderful pictures!!!
    01-18-13 06:42 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    So a tech from VZW called me today to TRACE my phone activity.
    Did someone call the US Gov and tell them about me????
    Anyway, maybe coincidence but after he started "tracing" my phone activity, I got 3G service. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Maybe will be short-lived. Who knows? (Does the Kremlin?)

EDIT: So about an hour later, the VZW tech called again. He went through all the info on the engineering screen with me and then went to compare it all. He said that my phone was being "refused" connection to the network because of a provisioning error. Must be because I switched devices so many times? Anyway, he said he is confident it is fixed!

I almost can't believe it. Am afraid to look. What happens if it goes back to 1X???? I'm so conflicted! I wanna be happy...but am so afraid!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-21-13 at 06:16 PM.
    01-21-13 05:25 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    So my phone is finally totally FIXED!!!
    The Tech called me last night to follow up and make sure it never has wavered from 3G and it hasn't. So they closed the ticket. I am thrilled.

In other news, F2 has left for his trip to destinations unknown...skiing of course! He promises to take a few shots to share when he returns. (he doesn't know that but he WILL be sharing!!!)

Only a few days to bb10...i know now for sure that I will be upgrading but NOT until Sept when my contract is up. I'm a BB girl and staying that way!

Have a great Friday Ramblers and an even better weekend. What are you all doing these days?
    01-25-13 06:11 AM
    Glad your phone problem is fixed JayDee!!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:02 AM
    3G!!! Glad it's finally fixed. Have a great weekend.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:58 AM
    Just in time for BB10. Go figure!
    01-25-13 04:23 PM
    Just in time for BB10. Go figure!
    I have a feeling they KNEW I was going to demand a brand spanking new BB10 if they didn't fix things. HMMMMMM...
    isn't that always the way???
    01-25-13 05:42 PM
    Yup. I'd have been asking too.
    01-25-13 06:25 PM
    He is relaxing before diner with a Campari and soda in snowy sunshine. A wee bit jet lagged. okay wee is understating it. tomorrow will be the test.
    01-26-13 10:44 AM
    He is relaxing before diner with a Campari and soda in snowy sunshine. A wee bit jet lagged. okay wee is understating it. tomorrow will be the test.
    I hope you are not sitting in a snowbank somewhere F2!! Enjoy that lovely break and sip another drink for me.
    Oh and I hope you brought your camera!!!
    01-28-13 06:49 AM
    After watching the BB10 webcast today, I am so psyched!
    I called VZW and they have no info for me. No Launch date as of yet. Although the rep said there will be advertising during the superbowl so to call back on monday after. Wont allow me to pre-register or anything like that yet. So Im not really bummed since my upgrade is not till middle of Sept. but I could buy one outright if the price was right. We will see.

Any news from YOUR carrier?
    01-30-13 01:33 PM
    Sounds good!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-30-13 01:58 PM
    So after watching the webcast, reading the reviews, seeing the answers from actual users, what do you think about the Z10?
    I am thinking I might be trying out both the Z10 and Q10 at my local VZW when they are available to see which I might like. I do know that I want a WHITE one!!! YAY!
    But more importantly, I am glad I have to wait till September because I want to see more apps available for them. It's bad enough I have to give up themes but I can't give up apps as well. I am hoping Sultan converts AOSLED over to BB10. since the device doesn't have ANY native colored LEDs at all to set for difference contacts. Big mistake there if you ask me!
    02-01-13 11:31 AM
    All the specs that I am seeing on BB10 show that has as much or more than Android.. Hmm...

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    02-01-13 01:24 PM
    All the specs that I am seeing on BB10 show that has as much or more than Android.. Hmm...

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    You will have to take a closer look then, Buford!
    Even pcgizmo said he is going to read up on it as a matter of interest.
    02-01-13 04:04 PM
    I'm liking what BB10 is looking like..

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    02-01-13 05:01 PM
    Specs are great and all, but we have great hardware on out 9930 devices and the software can't use all of it. I think it's more important to match the hardware and software capabilities so that the system most efficiently uses the available resources.In the main page article yesterday, it said that the Z10 hardware, while not the top of the heap (specs-wise), lets BB10 just scream on it. That's more important to me than out-muscling the compeition. Remember -- smarter, not stronger.
    Last edited by underway99; 02-01-13 at 07:14 PM.
    02-01-13 06:58 PM
    Great point Underway! I am so encouraged that people are saying everything is fast and lag-free. The browser is killer they say. I have also seen some photos snapped with the Z10 and they look super to me compared to the crappy camera on my 9930.

Of course, I am going to miss themes...but I don't have to tell you guys that!
    02-01-13 08:15 PM
23,186 ... 749750751752753 ...