JayDee - do you have other electronic devices along when this happens - in other words could something else electronic or magnetic or magical (Harry Potter book) or your CASE be interfering with the bbphone.
    01-09-13 02:39 PM
    Everything from Texas is better so you should get a great phone this time!!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Everything but their football team evidently
    01-09-13 02:42 PM
    Everything but their football team evidently
    Hmm.... That wasn't nice JayDee. Lol

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-09-13 02:43 PM
    JayDee - do you have other electronic devices along when this happens - in other words could something else electronic or magnetic or magical (Harry Potter book) or your CASE be interfering with the bbphone.
    F2, it happens with a case or without. At night or in the morning. Sunlight or snow. It doesn't seem to matter. There isn't a logical answer to this. FULL OS...like came on the new phone, or a shrunken one like I run. Nothing has made a difference. Except for one day I got 3G almost the whole day...and I don't know why.

EDIT...although could it have something to do with all those telephone poles they are digging up and replacing in my city????
    01-09-13 02:44 PM
    Hmm.... That wasn't nice JayDee. Lol

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Only kidding Buford! YOU are the best part about Texas!!!!
    buford07 likes this.
    01-09-13 04:49 PM
    F2, it happens with a case or without. At night or in the morning. Sunlight or snow. It doesn't seem to matter. There isn't a logical answer to this. FULL OS...like came on the new phone, or a shrunken one like I run. Nothing has made a difference. Except for one day I got 3G almost the whole day...and I don't know why.

EDIT...although could it have something to do with all those telephone poles they are digging up and replacing in my city????
    There's a reason I left NYS so very long ago - I anticipated cell phones and new it was too congested!
    01-09-13 05:38 PM
    Well boys and girls...I get my third Bold today in 13 days! Going to bring it to work and load it up tomorrow or maybe tonight if I can stay awake. my bronchitis has really beat my azz and I have been falling asleep every night by 7 pm. We will see if I can start the process tonight but I doubt it.

Does DM switch device copy over third party apps or not?
    01-10-13 07:44 AM
    DM will sometimes move some of your outside apps. I'd backup all of them with BBSAK or MCP or something else before switching devices.
    01-10-13 01:11 PM
    So I got the new phone today. I popped in my battery and activated the device. 1X service only. So I called VZW and said I want to re-activate my old device again. Screw the new one.
    And they activated the one I woke up with. haha. And said the network issues were fixed recently and let's force a refresh. And lo and behold...3GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    for 45 minutes.

oh well. So the new refurb is going back and I'm keeping the old refurb (the one I woke up with). And another ticket was put in with my location on it to see what is STILL wrong. I tried the engineering screen trick that the rep tried and sure enough, everytime I do that, I get 3G service. Let's see how long it lasts tonight.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-10-13 05:47 PM
    Congrats. Feel better and get sufficient rest (oh, and that goes for giving the Verizon reps a chance to rest )

What the Engineering screen trick?
    01-10-13 08:27 PM
    Ive been skaking my head this whole time jaydee! Im in an area that is booming fast...and new towers and services are being added every day....it flicks the service all over the place...and of course...the local contractors cant keep up....but man, youve been through the ringer lately!! I wouldnt wish this on anyone!! Hope it resolves itself! (maybe you should go dance in the moonlight when the fam is asleep or something....VSW doesnt seem to be doing much better anyways! ;p;p;p)
    01-10-13 08:35 PM
    Ive been skaking my head this whole time jaydee! Im in an area that is booming fast...and new towers and services are being added every day....it flicks the service all over the place...and of course...the local contractors cant keep up....but man, youve been through the ringer lately!! I wouldnt wish this on anyone!! Hope it resolves itself! (maybe you should go dance in the moonlight when the fam is asleep or something....VSW doesnt seem to be doing much better anyways! ;p;p;p)
    Okay, here's a Dance in the Moonlight:

Moonwalk on Vimeo
    01-10-13 10:57 PM
    Well guys, looks like F2's dance worked! After I spoke with VZW yesterday, I tried their engineering trick again and got 3G. And it stayed all night and when my phone rebooted this am, I continued to get 3G.
    So right now I am very happy. VERRRRRRRYYYYYYY HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!

But is there a rhyme or reason to it? I dunno.
    The trick was go to the engineering screen and put in a password for the SIP.
    01-11-13 06:23 AM
    Well guys, looks like F2's dance worked! After I spoke with VZW yesterday, I tried their engineering trick again and got 3G. And it stayed all night and when my phone rebooted this am, I continued to get 3G.
    So right now I am very happy. VERRRRRRRYYYYYYY HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!

But is there a rhyme or reason to it? I dunno.
    The trick was go to the engineering screen and put in a password for the SIP.
    If you would have taken that " Fort Worth" phone you would have gotten 4G service!! Glad it is working now.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-11-13 07:49 AM
    If you would have taken that " Fort Worth" phone you would have gotten 4G service!! Glad it is working now.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Haha! I gave it a try Buford, but the network was still sick!
    You know, it's funny. I have been calling VZW everyday since Dec 23rd. In that time I have talked to countless reps. Some of them think it was my phone and some think it is the network. The man I spoke with yesterday said it WAS a network issue with Blackberries and internet service and it had been resolved. So he kinda refreshed me on the newly fixed network. But while I was talking to him, he said ok I can see you have 1X service now. Call this number. ok i see your call. end the call. Now go to the internet. Ok i can see you are connecting there. Now reboot by taking the battery out. Ok i see you should be back up right....NOW! I mean, it was amazing but made me think. he could see EVERYTHING i was doing with my phone. EVERYTHING. Everywhere I was going. To the point of knowing when I was connected to the cell network and when I wasn't.

I never thought about it before, but it was cool and actually kinda chilling. If you know what I mean.
    01-11-13 08:16 AM
    Great.

Now what was the Engineering trick?
    01-11-13 08:55 AM
    F2,
    I went to the engineering screen with ##000000 and put in the SIP password that they told me
    01-11-13 09:02 AM
    Okay, here's a Dance in the Moonlight:

Moonwalk on Vimeo

I have to say, THAT is an epic Moon-Dance!! *Grins* Thanks for sharing F2!!
    01-11-13 09:06 AM
    So here's more on my phone saga...
    I had 3G on my phone during the day today and boy was I happy. What I didn't know was that 3G was just a number and I didn't really have ANY data. What I had was wi-fi because our network GOD added my device to my work's wi-fi. So when I left work to go out to have a drink and dinner, I had no data. No BBM, no whatsapp, no beweather, nothing except phone and SMS.

I called Verizon and they were unable to force 3G to work on my phone. No ****eee Sherlock, I have been asking this for almost 3 weeks now. In fact, we were unable to get ANY data on my phone. Then the rep told me, which was contrary to what I thought I heard last night...that I MUST use the device they sent me on the 10th because if I didn't and returned it, I would be charged because RIM is expecting a different MEID.

Sooooooooooooooo

I retrieved the package from my backseat where it sat all day. (Remember i was going to mail it but decided on going for dinner and drinks instead). She activated it and then I proceeded to blow away the OS, shrink and install mine, used device switch to copy over the data and well...here I am. Trying to upgrade BBM and see if it works after all. All my apps are back on the phone but I gotta get them all up and running and change that FUGLY theme.

All this to make sure I have 1X.

Thank the f*ing Lord. 1X

FML
    01-11-13 06:45 PM
    No Comment!
    01-12-13 10:33 AM
    So today's installment of..."As the Stomach Turns" involving my Bold 9930...

The VZW rep and I and her colleague are going to get on the phone with Blackberry and see if the problem is on THEIR end. VZW seems to think the issue is NOT their network anymore. I still have 1X service abounding...occasionally a 3G will pop up and make me laugh. So if we actually make a connection with Blackberry and they can solve the issue, I will report back.
    01-14-13 09:07 AM
    An all expense paid trip to Waterloo in WINTER - good idea!

Good luck
    01-14-13 09:52 AM
    An all expense paid trip to Waterloo in WINTER - good idea!

Good luck
    HAHA! I think a conference CALL is in order.
    01-14-13 10:08 AM
    Haha! I gave it a try Buford, but the network was still sick!
    You know, it's funny. I have been calling VZW everyday since Dec 23rd. In that time I have talked to countless reps. Some of them think it was my phone and some think it is the network. The man I spoke with yesterday said it WAS a network issue with Blackberries and internet service and it had been resolved. So he kinda refreshed me on the newly fixed network. But while I was talking to him, he said ok I can see you have 1X service now. Call this number. ok i see your call. end the call. Now go to the internet. Ok i can see you are connecting there. Now reboot by taking the battery out. Ok i see you should be back up right....NOW! I mean, it was amazing but made me think. he could see EVERYTHING i was doing with my phone. EVERYTHING. Everywhere I was going. To the point of knowing when I was connected to the cell network and when I wasn't.

I never thought about it before, but it was cool and actually kinda chilling. If you know what I mean.
    Kinda felt like you were NAKED. LOL

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-14-13 10:39 AM
    So this VZW rep hasn't had a chance to call me back. And last night and tonight I am busy. So looks like over the weekend I will call "BlackBerry" myself and tell them what's going on and see if they can open a ticket. I have to say that this morning I have 3G and can download to my heart's content. Time to update my BBM to the beta I think.
    Last night and yesterday was all 1X though.
    Can I catch a break? I haven't had much happiness in the past three or four weeks. Bronchitis for 3 weeks, my cat gets hit by a car on my birthday and dies, and no 3G for four weeks. Been one fokking month to forget.

Maybe Blackberry can fix my problem???

Oh and if you are going to talk to me, might as well wear a garlic necklace.
    01-17-13 08:53 AM
23,186 ... 748749750751752 ...