What?

No, Happy New Year greetings?

Sheesh.

Well, then.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-01-13 10:20 AM
    Happy New Year to all the Ramblers!!!! I posted some greetings on the BBM Group, F2. Guess you still haven't gotten the hang of that yet?
    Hope all the Ramblers are in good health as I am sick again! Let's hope 2013 brings us happiness and good health!!!
    01-01-13 10:31 AM
    Oh and BTW, for general information, my VZW signal has not really improved. I have periods of 3G so I know the phone can handle it. And then it drops back to 1X. Last time I called VZW they said give them till today to solve the problem and if it wasn't fixed to call TODAY. SO guess what I will be doing?

I still haven't shipped back the old phone.
    I wonder what tower they need to readjust if I am getting 1X all over town? Could there be only one tower here to cover that ground? I live in a small town so I guess it could be right? I know nothing about towers....
    01-01-13 10:38 AM
    Happy New Year to all!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-01-13 11:25 AM
    Happy new year!!!
    01-01-13 11:51 AM
    Hey, how do I tell SMS not to handle text messages and move them over to Crunch SMS?
    I forget!!
    JAYDEE....did you figure out how to do this? IE...you dont get double notifications?? Would love it if you figured it out!! *Grins*
    01-01-13 11:53 AM
    Oh and BTW, for general information, my VZW signal has not really improved. I have periods of 3G so I know the phone can handle it. And then it drops back to 1X. Last time I called VZW they said give them till today to solve the problem and if it wasn't fixed to call TODAY. SO guess what I will be doing?

I still haven't shipped back the old phone.
    I wonder what tower they need to readjust if I am getting 1X all over town? Could there be only one tower here to cover that ground? I live in a small town so I guess it could be right? I know nothing about towers....
    In a former life I did Land Use - maybe you could lease your backyard for a cell tower - neighbors be damned! You'd make some money, possibly have a 3g signal and suffer irreparable personal cellular damage!!!
    01-01-13 12:40 PM
    What?

No, Happy New Year greetings?

Sheesh.

Well, then.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    01-01-13 04:33 PM
    Happy New Years Ramblers!
    01-01-13 04:34 PM
    A few mimosas are helping with the effects of celebrating too much last night.
    01-01-13 04:37 PM
    Happy New Years Ramblers! I hope you all have a healthy and prosperous 2013.
    01-01-13 06:51 PM
    In a former life I did Land Use - maybe you could lease your backyard for a cell tower - neighbors be damned! You'd make some money, possibly have a 3g signal and suffer irreparable personal cellular damage!!!
    I am considering just this idea F2!!!
    The neighbors be damned is right!
    Although we have this peculiar construction project going on in my town...they are replacing all the telephone poles. I called VZW and said could this be part of the problem? Have they disturbed the balance of the universe?????

They say maybe yes but the ticket is still active and somewhere, some poor tech is climbing a tower with a blackberry 9930 trying to duplicate my problem....at least i HOPE he is!!!!
    Although I am getting 3G in the am pretty steadily now. It changes to 1X by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
    01-03-13 07:36 AM
    I am considering just this idea F2!!!
    The neighbors be damned is right!
    Although we have this peculiar construction project going on in my town...they are replacing all the telephone poles. I called VZW and said could this be part of the problem? Have they disturbed the balance of the universe?????

They say maybe yes but the ticket is still active and somewhere, some poor tech is climbing a tower with a blackberry 9930 trying to duplicate my problem....at least i HOPE he is!!!!
    Although I am getting 3G in the am pretty steadily now. It changes to 1X by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
    Let's next be sexist. I hope SHE is - the view from below is better!!!!

While you struggle with the 9930, I'm in the very S L O W process of reloading the OS on my Playbook. Two apps do not show in the Security Permissions list and won't run properly. Appears the OS reload MIGHT be the answer.

So good luck to both of us.
    01-03-13 12:32 PM
    F2,
    LMAO!

10 chars
    01-03-13 01:46 PM
    Happy New Years Ramblers.....and all the best to all of you in 2013 ! Should be a very interesting year to say the least with the new devices coming on board and all that comes with that
    01-04-13 11:53 AM
    O my goodness....I cant WAIT!! Now that the world DIdnt end!! Everything I see is Just better and better!!
    01-06-13 10:26 AM
    Exactly! BB10 will be ours soon!
    westiewanderer and Eli_B like this.
    01-06-13 10:40 AM
    So another chapter in my 1X saga...
    I have called VZW every day from Dec 22nd. Today I got so angry because the signal issue still isnt resolved, that I asked for ANOTHER phone. A new one. They said all they can send is a certified 100 point inspected refurbished one.

FOK. Anyway, I am going to spend 4 hours of my birthday tomorrow night re-doing my phone! or maybe I will hold off and bring it to work and do it on company time.
    If i take it out of the box and it still says 1X, i might not do anything. Can I tell without activating?????
    01-09-13 06:43 AM
    OK as a follow up to my phone saga...
    If I download and install a shrunken OS to the new phone, THEN activate it.
    Then use switch device in DM?
    Does it copy over all the apps? So that I can upgrade and delete them separately? (not like BBSAK)?

I want the fastest way to reload the phone. I wanna leave work with my phone completely finished.
    Start at 7 am and be finished by 2
    01-09-13 07:02 AM
    Is your son and husband having signal problems?

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-09-13 07:45 AM
    01-09-13 08:02 AM
    This may be a foolish question - does the INDICATOR actually show what is the REAL signal? Are you losing data? Is the phone very slow? Could it be that it is a meaningless "1x" that has no impact on the phone/data?

And I don't remember the entire series of messages on this issue - but have you just installed the current OS and not tampered with it at all? No hybrid, no removing modules, no themes? And does this happen everywhere or only at home or near home?

As an aside - I installed nogago gps on my phone the other day and as I was doing it, I was warned memory was running low - never got that message before. The next morning I got some App popup on the phone about insufficient memory and a list of my apps with checkboxes. It showed all of my apps, which ones had never been used and when each was last used. A ton were already preselected for DELETION. I UNselected a ton but did remove the gps nogago and a number of others and it did a cleanup. I'm not sure if the phone is running better.
    01-09-13 10:32 AM
    F2,
    I can be sure that the 1X is a real signal because I see 3G once in a while too. Like right after a phone call, it will show 3G and then bounce back to 1X.
    As for an untainted OS, I never have that. I always shrink before I load. But the brand new "refurb" they sent me had .755 loaded on it. I activated it and it showed 1X as well.
    So it wasn't what I was doing with my OS and apps, pretty sure.
    I have gone all over town and even as far as the Capital (35 miles away) and my phone still says 1X. The VZW reps are really at a loss. They don't know what to try next so they keep sending me refurbs. LMAO!!!

There is still a ticket out though for network testing. They reassure me that it only takes a couple of days to test but I haven't heard a thing in two weeks. And I call EVERYDAY! EVERYDAY!
    01-09-13 11:01 AM
    So my phone is coming from Fort Worth. Mr. Fort Worth better be a good phone for me or JayDee is gonna have to go ballistic on it.
    Oh and the last rep I talked to said "Oh my. You can't get your email on the device either huh?"
    I said 'WHAT? Yes I can! I can do everything but run apps that require 3G...like your very own NFL Mobile App. You know...like my OTHER help ticket I filed?????

Doink.
    01-09-13 11:28 AM
    Everything from Texas is better so you should get a great phone this time!!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    01-09-13 12:00 PM
23,186 ... 747748749750751 ...