Congrats F2!!! You're better than all those other guys!
    Although Wulf has always been one of my favorites too!

Congrats for a job well done!!!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-12 04:55 PM
    12-27-12 05:06 PM

What about me??? I'm helpful in some areas! Lol

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-27-12 05:10 PM
    What about me??? I'm helpful in some areas! Lol

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    I'm sure you came in second in the voting.
    12-27-12 05:17 PM
    I'm sure you came in second in the voting.
    LMAO

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    12-27-12 05:39 PM
    Congrats, F2!!!
    12-27-12 05:42 PM
    Hey Ramblers, I have another problem with my phone. Can you imagine?
    For the past 5 days, I only have 1X service. The other people in my house get 3G on a Droid and an iPhone. I always got 3G but as of last week, not. I have called VZW everyday...I have two tickets in for two issues, the most important of them being this fluctuating network issue. I have tried updating the PRL, battery pulls, having them "refresh" the signal (whatever the fok that does), but all to no avail. I can't think of anything I have added to my phone except a new theme or two, but am not currently using them. They say it takes 24-48 hours to check the network because they are sending someone "out" here to actually check the signal to my phone. I also suggested maybe it's hardware and I need a replacement phone. I was told I will get one overnight. So, shall I wait one more day for their answer or call tomorrow and DEMAND another Bold? I can't use my data to talk on bbm or download because at times I get 1x service!!!!! And also my Bold does not hold to the wi-fi and I have to manually connect and search for it.

I am using VZW's official OS .755 btw.
    Got any ideas?
    12-27-12 07:25 PM
    I was going to suggest updating the PRL when I first started reading. But you have already did that. Did you check to see if you are now on the most current? I have heard of some people refreshing and an old PRL is still there. I don't think it's the OS you are using specifically as .755 has been a very good one. But, if it is having wifi issues as well I think it might be in that realm. I know you don't want to do what I'm going to suggest, but I would try reloading the OS and seeing if that clears up the problem.
    12-27-12 08:21 PM
    JayDee, do yall not get 4G service in your town on the DROID? You do have Verizon don't you?

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    12-27-12 08:43 PM
    Congrats F2!
    12-27-12 11:25 PM
    I was going to suggest updating the PRL when I first started reading. But you have already did that. Did you check to see if you are now on the most current? I have heard of some people refreshing and an old PRL is still there. I don't think it's the OS you are using specifically as .755 has been a very good one. But, if it is having wifi issues as well I think it might be in that realm. I know you don't want to do what I'm going to suggest, but I would try reloading the OS and seeing if that clears up the problem.
    Thanks Midd. I will update the PRL again. But how do I check on the most recent? How do I know if I have it?
    I am hesitant to update the OS again for a couple of reasons: Im lazy, lol; they say it's probably the network (VZW tells me that); I will get a refurb with more problems than I have maybe; VZW says the OS is fine (but what do they know?); I USED to get 3G all the time on my device, why the sudden change?

Buford, they are laying cables for 4G now so we don't have that quite yet here. And I think it's ironic that I have to hear about 4G when I can't even get 3G!!!!!!
    12-28-12 05:58 AM
    Hey Ramblers, I have another problem with my phone. Can you imagine?For the past 5 days, I only have 1X service. The other people in my house get 3G on a Droid and an iPhone. I always got 3G but as of last week, not. I have called VZW everyday...I have two tickets in for two issues, the most important of them being this fluctuating network issue. I have tried updating the PRL, battery pulls, having them "refresh" the signal (whatever the fok that does), but all to no avail. I can't think of anything I have added to my phone except a new theme or two, but am not currently using them. They say it takes 24-48 hours to check the network because they are sending someone "out" here to actually check the signal to my phone. I also suggested maybe it's hardware and I need a replacement phone. I was told I will get one overnight. So, shall I wait one more day for their answer or call tomorrow and DEMAND another Bold? I can't use my data to talk on bbm or download because at times I get 1x service!!!!! And also my Bold does not hold to the wi-fi and I have to manually connect and search for it. I am using VZW's official OS .755 btw.Got any ideas?
    If other VZW phones are finding good network signal, then I'd expect that the network is not the issue, especially if you suddenly went from good connection to bad. Another telling sign is that your WiFi is also affected. I can't see how that could be a Big Red problem.
    It is conceiveable that your radios could have become corrupted. AFIK, the only way to test that is to slick your phone and reload the OS. Not your first choice, but it could be better than replacing your phone.
    I saw your comments in the 755 thread about wiping and reloading with 580. Probably not a bad choice. As far as losing BBM, you will likely have to redownload BBM if you're using the beta. Your BBM contacts should be backed up to RIM and linked to your BBID. I'd back it up anyway though. Can't be too careful.
    If you are going to replace the device, I'd get on the horn pretty quick. I'd also ask for Saturday delivery, so you're not waiting for the FedEX truck on Monday, by which time the holiday will have already started for some.
    Last edited by underway99; 12-28-12 at 09:38 AM.
    12-28-12 09:27 AM
    If other VZW phones are finding good network signal, then I'd expect that the network is not the issue, especially if you suddenly went from good connection to bad. Another telling sign is that your WiFi is also affected. I can't see how that could be a Big Red problem.
    It is conceiveable that your radios could have become corrupted. AFIK, the only way to test that is to slick your phone and reload the OS. Not your first choice, but it could be better than replacing your phone.
    If you are going to replace the device, I'd get on the horn pretty quick. I'd also ask for Saturday delivery, so you're not waiting for the FedEX truck on Monday, by which time the holiday will have already started for some.
    The VZW rep suggested a wipe. SO I backed up everything and am doing a security wipe. Then If I have 3G service again, I will reload my stuff with DM and apps individually. A pain but will get me back up and running. Right now loking at a white screen but my email led is blinking.So what's up with that?
    12-28-12 10:12 AM
    Oh, i drove around town and got NO 3G anywhere! So I know its my phone and I kinda think I will just reload the OS like Midd and Underway mentioned firstly. Then if it still doesn't work, well a replacement is in order. By the way, how long do I look at a white screen??? with a flashing LED?

ah 8%. I need a glass of wine while I wait!
    12-28-12 10:14 AM
    So if I reload 755, i download, install, shrink and use apploader right? I have 755 on it right now. Will apploader give me an error message of some sort?
    VZW insists I do it through DM but I don't want to because I never have used it to load an OS.

oh and at 88% of security wipe.
    12-28-12 10:34 AM
    So a wipe did nothing, as I thought. Still 1X.
    So i installed 755 again to be sure. And nothing. Still 1X so I guess that means a new device is in order.
    Well, now it says 3G...hmmm.gonna wait a while to see.....

Going to app world to install bbm7 and then see if 3G stays. Maybe I fixed it with an OS reinstall???
    Thanks to Midd and Underway for responding, BTW. It makes me feel better when I know you guys are giving my problems some thought and that you care to help me. Hugs to you both. Even if this doesn't work. I appreciate that you are there!!!
    And to Zaiby for answering the phone...LMAO

oops. Now 1X...oh well...a new phone in my future!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-28-12 at 11:20 AM.
    12-28-12 11:06 AM
    You are welcome!! So now we know. Make Big Red give you a new phone!
    12-28-12 11:34 AM
    Sorry to hear the reload was not successful. I agree that a new phone is in order.
    BTW, the last replacement that I received was beautiful. It could have been brand new.
    Remember to push for Saturday delivery.
    12-28-12 11:49 AM
    K-new phone on the way for Saturday shipping!!! Thanks Underway for reminding me about that.
    He split the extra charge for shipping so for 9 bucks I'm getting it tomorrow. I can take all day to wipe, install OS and add back my apps.
    Which OS should I use???
    12-28-12 12:10 PM
    I would suggest that you try the phone straight from the box with 755. Make sure that the phone works before you shrink anything or reload. I figure that the vast majority of BB users go along with their stock devices working just fine. See how it works for you. That might also help you localize your memory issues. You might not have any with the stock phone and OS.
    12-28-12 12:24 PM
    I suppose it depends on how much memory there is left when I get it. Over 230 I will leave and add my own stuff. Less than that and I blow it away and shrink 755. I don't care about the leak. I need room for all my apps and themes. I only keep about 8 themes at a time installed but i really don't like starting with less than 170 when I reboot. and the install puts so much junk on that I don't need or want. How does the shrink while on the phone work? Has anyone tried it? which app do I use?
    12-28-12 12:57 PM
    I've used the BBHybrids tool to shrink on the phone. It seems to work. I did it with my last replacement.
    12-28-12 01:11 PM
    I've used the BBHybrids tool to shrink on the phone. It seems to work. I did it with my last replacement.
    So you are saying that I can use the full os they send with the phone, add my apps, and then slowly take away apps from the os?
    What about languages? All Games? All wallpapers? etc...it works ok???
    12-28-12 01:42 PM
    Yup. Remember that you can dump the additional languages when you set up the phone. As to the rest, yes, you can take away a little bit at a time. Wallpapers, music, apps, etc. You might have to have the OS loaded onto your PC though.
    12-28-12 01:49 PM

Thanks Jaydee!

For the record, I voted for Ftoo
    12-28-12 03:04 PM
23,186 ... 745746747748749 ...