let talk app world as an example

add a new custom action and use "home screen" as the app, then add the following actions to do the universal search trick:

- "s"
    - "a"
    - "p"
    - "p"
    - "space key"
    - "w"
    - "o"
    - "r"
    - "l"
    - "d"
    - "wait 1s"
    - "move down"
    - "click"

let me know how ti goes
    OMG!!!! MY BB is POSSESSED!!!!!!!
    It types and moves on its own!!!!! :

It works perfectly!!
    Wow! Amazing! Now I can add any icon with that trick!
    Yes, yes. Your app needs a manual! With those directions!!!
    TY
    08-08-12 09:04 AM

It works perfectly!!
    Wow! Amazing! Now I can add any icon with that trick!
    Yes, yes. Your app needs a manual! With those directions!!!
    TY
    lool, what did you expect from my most powerful feature

possessed, lol, that made me laugh

ilaunch has one limitation, it's your imagination (and your knowledge about blackberry keypad shortcuts )
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-08-12 09:10 AM
    let talk app world as an example

add a new custom action and use "home screen" as the app, then add the following actions to do the universal search trick:

- "s"

- "a"

- "p"

- "p"

- "space key"

- "w"

- "o"

- "r"

- "l"

- "d"

- "wait 1s"

- "move down"

- "click"

let me know how ti goes

That's interesting

Any chance of a smaller font size for ilaunch?
    Last edited by Erniesmit; 08-08-12 at 10:55 AM.
    08-08-12 09:56 AM
    That's interesting

Any chance of a smaller font size for ilaunch?
    usually people would want a bigger font size

the best trick for a smaller font size is to use a different font family, try it change your mobile font.
    08-08-12 11:28 AM
    So, your BB's massive memory loss and lag have been fixed but now your phone is possessed? How has your lot really improved?
    08-08-12 01:57 PM
    So, your BB's massive memory loss and lag have been fixed but now your phone is possessed? How has your lot really improved?
    HAHA!!!!
    I am so stoked about this Bold! I have dumped a load of apps I don't need anymore and am using Sultan's to be more efficient! I can't believe the tricks I can do with my iLaunch!!!

And NO do not change font size to make smaller!!! No no no!!!!! I like the fact that I can actually SEE what I'm clicking on!!!!!

BTW, I still have a leak...must be BeWeather. Which I thought all along. But at least I can help myself by deleting apps I don't need.
    08-08-12 05:36 PM
    I didn't reload BeWeather after I wiped and loaded .580 and I've not missed it. Is that heresy in BlackBerry-land?
    08-09-12 01:04 AM

And NO do not change font size to make smaller!!! No no no!!!!! I like the fact that I can actually SEE what I'm clicking on!!!!!

I didn't want him to change the font size I just asked if he could ADD a smaller option but its fine I'll just keep on using QL
    08-09-12 05:37 AM
    I didn't reload BeWeather after I wiped and loaded .580 and I've not missed it. Is that heresy in BlackBerry-land?
    Not at all! A lot of people use Quick Weather and find it easier to use and not draining at all....
    08-09-12 06:28 AM
    I didn't want him to change the font size I just asked if he could ADD a smaller option but its fine I'll just keep on using QL
    So wait,you're talking about the font size that appears when you use AOSLED with the side key?

It's user controlled. I use a font called PORTCRED at size 13.
    That's what appears in my iLaunch.
    Can't you change your font on your BB? It would change on iLaunch. You could make it as small as you do on your phone.
    08-09-12 06:30 AM
    I changed my font size to 5 it still stays the same on ilaunch it doesn't make it smaller that's why I asked
    08-09-12 08:31 AM
    iLaunch has a font size control option, so you can make it even bigger

it is up to users to use what they want, im just here to help people use my app and enjoy a chat, nothing more

once you decide on using my app permanently, i can then add a smaller font size to iLaunch, after all, AOSLED was built using thousands of loyal users requests (how else would 1 person make the best of all apps joined together )
    08-09-12 12:01 PM
    Alright I deleted
    Quicklaunch
    BeBuzz
    I'm using AOSLED now works great would like the smaller font size option tho lol
    08-09-12 12:08 PM
    Alright I deleted
    Quicklaunch
    BeBuzz
    I'm using AOSLED now works great would like the smaller font size option tho lol
    done, already added, send me an email to [email protected] so i can send you the link to download and use right now, and this will be included in all upcoming updates
    08-09-12 12:12 PM
    done, already added, send me an email to [email protected] so i can send you the link to download and use right now, and this will be included in all upcoming updates

Wow that was fast I sent you an email
    Much appreciated
    08-09-12 12:42 PM
    OK, JayDee. It's been more than a week now without BeWeather and QL. Do you still have the massive memory drain?
    08-14-12 09:53 AM
    OK, JayDee. It's been more than a week now without BeWeather and QL. Do you still have the massive memory drain?
    Underway, I still lose memory but not as fast as before. Could be a combo of no QL and bebuzz AND a better
    OS (580). I reboot every day anyway but I still am running BeWeather so I'm more sure now than ever that BeWeather is the culprit!! Also themes. I test now for 4 people and well, I can't control those custom themes at all and how they are made. So yes, I still have a leak. But no, I will not go back to ql and bebuzz. AOSLED is the best thing I have found for my phone.
    08-14-12 10:04 AM
    I started seeeing a large power drain after I loaded AOSLED. It may have been just because I spent so much time configuring the app, but I wanted to be sure. I unloaded AOSLED and reloaded QL and BeBuzz. My power drain went back down to where it had been before. Now that I have a week of decent numbers, I'll reload AOSLED and watch the power usage. BTW, I still have not reloaded BeWeather. My memory drain (on 580) is less than 1MB per day. Now when I want to check the weather, I go outside. Can't get any more accurate than that.
    08-14-12 11:43 AM
    I started seeeing a large power drain after I loaded AOSLED. It may have been just because I spent so much time configuring the app, but I wanted to be sure. I unloaded AOSLED and reloaded QL and BeBuzz. My power drain went back down to where it had been before. Now that I have a week of decent numbers, I'll reload AOSLED and watch the power usage. BTW, I still have not reloaded BeWeather. My memory drain (on 580) is less than 1MB per day. Now when I want to check the weather, I go outside. Can't get any more accurate than that.
    I am configuring and using AOSLED everyday and there isn't any drain on my battery at all. In fact, I find with 580 my battery last forever!!!!! I am so pleased with this OS.
    It's prob BeWeather that causes my memory leak but I don't care. I use AOSLED to reboot every day anyway...
    08-14-12 04:07 PM
    screen backlight, sound, vibration and LED light (the bulb) are all battery drainers, the screen backlight is the worst.

if you want to know if an app is draining battery, then it is an easy formula , you have to check Application Management for CPU and Memory usage.

you can enable all the features in my app at the same time, yet it should still avoid draining your battery, hence should not trigger ARM (Application Resource Monitor).

however, an app needs to consume some sort of energy to function, but 1 app is better than 20 different apps
    08-14-12 11:25 PM
    Give it a try and report back to us Underway.
    I seem to have the battery thing licked. Hope it works for you too!
    08-15-12 09:36 AM
    screen backlight, sound, vibration and LED light (the bulb) are all battery drainers, the screen backlight is the worst.

if you want to know if an app is draining battery, then it is an easy formula , you have to check Application Management for CPU and Memory usage.

you can enable all the features in my app at the same time, yet it should still avoid draining your battery, hence should not trigger ARM (Application Resource Monitor).

however, an app needs to consume some sort of energy to function, but 1 app is better than 20 different apps
    Thanks for the tips.

I had looked at CPU and memory usage and found nothing out of the ordinary. I use the regular power-saving measures, like 30% backlight, 30 second timeout, no regular memory cleaning, etc. For some reason, my power usage increased over 40% after I loaded AOSLED. There might be no specific reason, just that perhaps my handheld works that way. Even though all these machines should be the same, that's probably more common than we think. JayDee is our resident case in point -- she had some apps that caused issues for her that worked for most everybody else.

Give it a try and report back to us Underway.
    I seem to have the battery thing licked. Hope it works for you too!
    Me too. I'm going to figure that I spent so much time configuring AOSLED that I just burned a lot of power doing it. Even at 30% brightness, the display still eats power. I reloaded AOSLED last night and installed a fresh battery. We'll see how it goes.
    08-15-12 10:03 AM
    Even at 30% brightness, the display still eats power.
    It seems many dont know this but the screen is the worst, even if you have it set to 10% brightness (my settings), then sound, then led, then gps, then wifi and 3g usage, then sensors (rotation, etc..).

Apps drain little battery if coded properly, however the main battery drainers above are totally under the user control, if people leave the led continuously on for 5 hours or screen for 3 hours that could drain all your battery, even if there is no background apps running.

Hope this helps
    08-15-12 10:33 AM
    lets recap

AOSLED can have up to 4 different ringtones with 4 LED per contact (Email, BBM, SMS, Calls + Missed Calls), which app can do this ?

AOSLED can control LED effects (Blink or color rotation) which app can do this ?

AOSLED can have Different LED and Ringtones for Call connect and other call events, also which app can do different ringtones and LED for known and unknown phone numbers ?

ok, lets forget the exclusive LED and ringtones features of AOSLED , how about battery and memory utilization of AOSLED ? its not just the looks, its what under the hood that makes a difference, especially for non-experts who keep wondering why their battery runs fast yet their phone runs slow.

spend some time to compare whats under the hood for your own phone's sake and others when you provide them with your assistance and recommendations, there is no excuse for experts who ignore basic facts

my role is to educate people, i just try to help when i see a need
    Maybe you can help me, I am using aosled on my 9930 with vzn off. Os, my custom ringtones play, but they stutter or echo like they are starting and then a second round starts out of sync with the first. Any ideas, love the software concept. Thank you!
    08-22-12 01:35 PM
    Maybe you can help me, I am using aosled on my 9930 with vzn off. Os, my custom ringtones play, but they stutter or echo like they are starting and then a second round starts out of sync with the first. Any ideas, love the software concept. Thank you!
    hi, i think you forgot to read the info/help inside the "LED & Ringtone" feature, if you scroll down you will see the button, if you click the button you will find the solution
    08-22-12 02:15 PM
23,186 ... 725726727728729 ...