Thanks. That was not the only feature that I missed.
    what other features you missed ?
    08-03-12 10:35 AM
    I had also missed how to make function shortcuts. I had just figured it out when you told JayDee how to do it.

Is there any way to customize the Instant Launch menu so that the items come up on the first level, similar to how QL does it?
    08-03-12 11:49 AM
    I had also missed how to make function shortcuts. I had just figured it out when you told JayDee how to do it.

Is there any way to customize the Instant Launch menu so that the items come up on the first level, similar to how QL does it?
    a shortcut app or launcher app should be made in such a way that its very easy to reach what you want in the fastest way possible, otherwise its not a SHORTcut app anymore

i thought about all the cases where people would like to reach fast in ilaunch, some people want to reach the main AOSLED global menus, others might want to reach apps first, also other types of people would prefer internet links or dialing their favorite contacts quicker, and most of the people i know wants custom actions first, so what is the answer to all these different people !? any of them can be set and changed whenever you want to launch first

your answer is "Instant Key Action" setting in iLaunch, if you like "favorite Apps" then set "Instant Key Action" to favorite apps, if you prefer calling your favorite numbers the most then set "Instant Key Action" = favorite calls

setting ilaunch to your convenience side key should be obvious, since it acts as a gate to all other shortcuts/apps.

so for your solution, set "advance os and led" as your convenience side key, and "instant key action" to "favorite apps", thus will launch iLaunch in favourite apps screen if you press your phone convenience side key TWICE.

when you prefer to change your convenience side key to internet links or phone calls, you know what to do now, no need to go buy a new app that launches calls first or internet links first
    jaydee5799 and underway99 like this.
    08-03-12 12:19 PM
    Thanks. I had forgotten about the "instant key action". I use my convenience key for my memo pad.
    08-03-12 12:39 PM
    Thanks. I had forgotten about the "instant key action". I use my convenience key for my memo pad.
    then keep your convenience key as your memo pad while still using convenience key as ilaunch as well. i wrote in my last reply what is the point of having a SHORTcut app if its not powerful enough to provide you the fastest way possible

just add "memo pad" to your Favorite Apps and set its priority to 1, then press convenience key three times in any screen to launch memo pad

you should reach your favorite app without having to lift your finger from the convenience key, just like you are doing it right now, otherwise i wouldn't call it Instant Launch feature

iLaunch is a powerful feature beyond blackberry basics, i've only touched the surface of possibilities, there are still many other ways to launch what you want and as fast as you want it, whether using touch screen only or keypad only.

you may want to check it out, however i keep telling everyone not to try my app if your considering switching to a non-blackberry phone, it will ruin your plans for sure , lol yet no one listens and my app is in the top 10 most downloaded apps in App World at the moment.
    jaydee5799 and underway99 like this.
    08-03-12 01:13 PM
    Ok. I'm convinced. QL is gone now too.

Thanks for all the detailed replies. I mentioned a few posts back that I loaded this on my 13-year old son's 9650 a month or so ago, not realizing what it could do. He's all over this app.

I've been watching your thread in the Apps forum for several weeks, and you seem to find a way to get right back with folks to make your app better, just as you've been doing here. That's great to see and is unfortunately not common in the BlackBerry world anymore. Please keep it up.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-03-12 at 08:25 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-03-12 04:30 PM
    Ok. I'm convinced. QL is gone now too.

Thanks for all the detailed replies. I mentioned a few posts back that I loaded this on my 13-year old son's 9650 a month or so ago, not realizing what it could do. He's all over this app.

I've been watching your thread in the Apps forum for several weeks, and you seem to find a way to get right back with folks to make your app better, just as you've been doing here. That's great to see and is unfortunately not common in the BlackBerry world anymore. Please keep it up.
    i built my app keeping in mind all age groups, lol i even had few girls and boys around the age of 10 sending me likes and requests on facebook fan page, so cute

many thanks for your kind words, i will try my best to keep it up (until my wife destroys all my bb phones and laptops, lol)
    middbrew likes this.
    08-03-12 10:51 PM
    Hey prince!!
    Try this app: Free Advance OS and LED - Download Advance OS and LED - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    This is Sultan's Advance OS and LED. Once you set it up, you can drop a ton of apps. I even have a hotlist of web links, a flashlight and all the other things I mentioned before. You can set indiv ringtones for diff people, diff led colors for bbm contacts. Its a fantastic app. Might look confusing at first but download it and then play around. Only took a day to get it organized and it has been fab. Oh and it's a very very very small footprint!!!
    I have found the interface a bit confusing when trying out some options. I should give it more playtime. While I have QL, I have not used it in more than a year. I do use Shortcutme, although, even that gets a bit less use since I've finally gotten an OS with Universal Search (recall, I did not upgrade my 9650 to OS6).
    08-05-12 01:28 PM
    Hey prince!!
    Try this app: Free Advance OS and LED - Download Advance OS and LED - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    This is Sultan's Advance OS and LED. Once you set it up, you can drop a ton of apps. I even have a hotlist of web links, a flashlight and all the other things I mentioned before. You can set indiv ringtones for diff people, diff led colors for bbm contacts. Its a fantastic app. Might look confusing at first but download it and then play around. Only took a day to get it organized and it has been fab. Oh and it's a very very very small footprint!!!
    I have found the interface a bit confusing when trying out some options. I should give it more playtime. While I have QL, I have not used it in more than a year. I do use Shortcutme, although, even that gets a bit less use since I've finally gotten an OS with Universal Search (recall, I did not upgrade my 9650 to OS6).

I was just up in Victoria, BC for a few days and missed the Verizon upgrade and also the pb's new OS which was gone before I could grab it. I did not want to pay for data while ROAMING and the wifi at the hostel was, well, hostile!
    08-05-12 01:30 PM
    very easy

- Add a new custom action with "Manage Connections" as the app

Then for Add Actions, select:
    - "Move Down"
    - "Move Down"
    - "Click"
    - "Escape"

your done
    I was just visiting Canada and while Canadians are very hospitable, Verizon's Data charges while Roaming are not. Got one to quickly turn on/off Data Services. It is in Mobile Network or some such.

But first, when I bring up the app, I get a screen with Custom Actions on the bottom but if I choose that the highlight moves to Open Adv OS. I don't see where to add custom actions.

I've had the app for a bit but have not used it much. So I am a newbie in that regard.
    08-05-12 01:55 PM
    I was just visiting Canada and while Canadians are very hospitable, Verizon's Data charges while Roaming are not. Got one to quickly turn on/off Data Services. It is in Mobile Network or some such.

But first, when I bring up the app, I get a screen with Custom Actions on the bottom but if I choose that the highlight moves to Open Adv OS. I don't see where to add custom actions.

I've had the app for a bit but have not used it much. So I am a newbie in that regard.
    F2,
    Open AOSLED and go to Launcher/contacts/emails
    Then custom actions
    the add new
    then follow the steps listed in sultan's response.
    08-05-12 02:01 PM
    hi

you are trying to use iLaunch "custom actions" before adding any custom actions inside the app itself, thats why it jumps to "open adv OS", its trying to tell you to open the app first to add at least 1 custom action

to add "custom actions", "Favorite Apps" etc.., you need to Open the Main App interface and find "Launcher & Contacts & Emails" tab, then open "iLaunch" feature (the same location where you enabled the iLaunch feature ), then scroll down to see more tabs which includes "Custom Actions"

once you add at least 1 custom action, the popup highlight wont move to Open Adv OS, instead it will open the custom action list for you to choose and run the custom actions you defined in the app itself.

hope this helps
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-05-12 02:16 PM
    F2,
    Open AOSLED and go to Launcher/contacts/emails
    Then custom actions
    the add new
    then follow the steps listed in sultan's response.
    I think my problem was that I had "hide" for something or others. I got to add one action but then could not find it again. Then I had it, lost it again! Then after I got the toggle to work, I wanted to close that particular option rather than having to press the ESCAPE (back function) to get back to the home screen but could not find it to edit it. Again, I think I had "hide" covering it up. Now I guess I want to edit it a bit more so that it stays on the screen for a bit so I know it worked, then exit, so I will add some 1sec delays before ESCAPE-ing back out to the home screen. Ah, that's right, editing can only Del the last Action and I want to ADD something higher up so will have to DEL 3 ESC actions, add the delays and then put back the ESC's.

Now I have to figure out how to make this come up faster/easier as I add more custom items.
    08-05-12 02:31 PM
    I think my problem was that I had "hide" for something or others. I got to add one action but then could not find it again. Then I had it, lost it again!
    there is one important point, iLaunch custom actions settings will be deleted if you do not click on the "Save" button.

so for example: if you add a new custom action, then hit the escape key it will delete the newly added custom action without notifying you. therefore whenever you make changes for iLaunch items, you must click the "save" button

edited: i meant by "delete the newly added custom action" = "ignore the changes you made including adding a new custom action", so always make sure to click on the "save" button after adding new iLaunch items.
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 08-05-12 at 04:09 PM.
    08-05-12 02:45 PM
    Now I have to figure out how to make this come up faster/easier as I add more custom items.
    F2,
    when I hit my side key, I get the AOSLED menu.
    Open Adv OS and next to it Instant Key are the two top choices.
    Assign your custom actions to instant key. I think you can do that. Then the list will come up faster. Is that what you mean??
    08-05-12 03:18 PM
    If Sultan is still here:
    How do I get ScoreMobile for Blackberry to work in my iLaunch?
    I made an entry for it but it doesn't open the app. The app DOES open when using the default BlackBerry theme...from the icon only tho. It doesn't work from the iLaunch menu.
    08-05-12 03:41 PM
    If Sultan is still here:
    How do I get ScoreMobile for Blackberry to work in my iLaunch?
    I made an entry for it but it doesn't open the app. The app DOES open when using the default BlackBerry theme...from the icon only tho. It doesn't work from the iLaunch menu.
    there is nothing you cannot open with ilaunch, however some apps dont open directly, so you need to do a trick to get it

(i dont use ScoreMobile, so i will just provide the basics )

option 1: try to use ilaunch standard method using the app name then trying all the options in "start app" field one by one starting with "main entry". even if it says "no entry point" give it a try

option 2: add a new custom action and use "home screen" as the app, then add the following actions to do the universal search trick
    - "s"
    - "ScoreMobile" (each character as a separate action
    - "move down"
    - "click"

let me know if it works for you
    08-05-12 03:53 PM
    there is nothing you cannot open with ilaunch, however some apps dont open directly, so you need to do a trick to get it

(i dont use ScoreMobile, so i will just provide the basics )

option 1: try to use ilaunch standard method using the app name then trying all the options in "start app" field one by one starting with "main entry". even if it says "no entry point" give it a try

option 2: add a new custom action and use "home screen" as the app, then add the following actions to do the universal search trick
    - "s"
    - "ScoreMobile" (each character as a separate action
    - "move down"
    - "click"

let me know if it works for you
    OMG!!! Thank you so much! Instead of main entry I tried the next choice and it worked!!!
    I am soooooooo happy!!! Thank you for your prompt reply. Now to backup my settings!
    08-05-12 03:56 PM
    So anyone with AOSLED...have you been able to add APP World to your menu?
    I added it but it doesn't open and it locked up my phone. So I rebooted and tried Sultan's universal search trick. But I can't add the name of the app to the custom action.

Unless anyone has some ideas, I will post in one of the other threads and see if someone who uses AOSLED can help me add it.
    08-07-12 06:17 PM
    Nope. I just tried and locked my phone as well. I got MobiHand App Store to run...
    08-07-12 08:39 PM
    Nope. I just tried and locked my phone as well. I got MobiHand App Store to run...
    Thanks for confirming my problem, Underway.
    On the other hand, where did you find the Mobi app? I used to have but I don't anymore.

EDIT: Found it! Native store. haha. why didn't I see it before???
    08-07-12 09:07 PM
    So anyone with AOSLED...have you been able to add APP World to your menu?
    I added it but it doesn't open and it locked up my phone. So I rebooted and tried Sultan's universal search trick. But I can't add the name of the app to the custom action.

Unless anyone has some ideas, I will post in one of the other threads and see if someone who uses AOSLED can help me add it.
    App World is a tricky one, but nothing is impossible for iLaunch

Use Internet Links in iLaunch, not apps or custom actions. Then just enter "http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/", you can even enter an app I'd at the end of the URL to go straight into an app

im working on an online help and user manual, so maybe in few weeks i will add all these FAQs to my website

edited: the above will open App World mobile app right after it launches the browser, just in case someone thought it wont open the app itself
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 08-07-12 at 10:46 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-07-12 10:25 PM
    So I rebooted and tried Sultan's universal search trick. But I can't add the name of the app to the custom action.
    i was wondering why you couldn't use universal search trick ?
    08-07-12 11:13 PM
    App World is a tricky one, but nothing is impossible for iLaunch

Use Internet Links in iLaunch, not apps or custom actions. Then just enter "http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/", you can even enter an app I'd at the end of the URL to go straight into an app

im working on an online help and user manual, so maybe in few weeks i will add all these FAQs to my website

edited: the above will open App World mobile app right after it launches the browser, just in case someone thought it wont open the app itself
    i was wondering why you couldn't use universal search trick ?
    Wow Sultan! You are the man!!!
    Works perfectly as an internet link...I was afraid to do it because I didn't think it would open the app with my choices. But it does!!

Now as for the universal search trick...how do you specify a certain app to open? all the action choices are move up, click, open, move down...how do I specify which app if I start with home screen?
    08-08-12 07:52 AM
    Now as for the universal search trick...how do you specify a certain app to open? all the action choices are move up, click, open, move down...how do I specify which app if I start with home screen?
    let talk app world as an example

add a new custom action and use "home screen" as the app, then add the following actions to do the universal search trick:

- "s"
    - "a"
    - "p"
    - "p"
    - "space key"
    - "w"
    - "o"
    - "r"
    - "l"
    - "d"
    - "wait 1s"
    - "move down"