What does it add if you can tell? I presume Verizon will offer an upgrade around the same time bb10 ships!
    Verizon upgrade?? Yea right, 580 is very stable. It does have Appication Resource Monitor that automatically shutsdown any background draining apps.
    07-28-12 02:27 PM
    Can't slip that far down the queue.....
    08-01-12 10:50 PM
    One would hope not!

I'm not sure what 580 offers that is any different, but it is quick. I've been watching my connection stats too, and my signal has been a bit better with the new radio.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-02-12 at 08:16 AM.
    08-02-12 12:48 AM
    How's the lag and the hourglass Jaydee?
    Hourglass is almost completely gone and lag...none!
    I am so happy!!!
    Although, I have to be homest that I deleted a few apps as well that could have been a problem too. I recently started using Advance OS and LED and since then I have dropped BeBuzz, QuickLaunch and Zona Snap and Silent Cam.

Neat, huh? AOSLED is FREE and replaces them all! And I have been using BeBuzz and QL since my 8330!!!

So all things combined, more memory, no hourglass and no lag.
    08-02-12 08:15 AM
    Hourglass is almost completely gone and lag...none!
    I am so happy!!!
    Although, I have to be homest that I deleted a few apps as well that could have been a problem too. I recently started using Advance OS and LED and since then I have dropped BeBuzz, QuickLaunch and Zona Snap and Silent Cam.

Neat, huh? AOSLED is FREE and replaces them all! And I have been using BeBuzz and QL since my 8330!!!

So all things combined, more memory, no hourglass and no lag.
    So you dropped QL...What is Advanced OS and where did you find it?
    08-02-12 08:22 AM
    So you dropped QL...What is Advanced OS and where did you find it?
    Hey prince!!
    Try this app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...45506/?lang=en
    This is Sultan's Advance OS and LED. Once you set it up, you can drop a ton of apps. I even have a hotlist of web links, a flashlight and all the other things I mentioned before. You can set indiv ringtones for diff people, diff led colors for bbm contacts. Its a fantastic app. Might look confusing at first but download it and then play around. Only took a day to get it organized and it has been fab. Oh and it's a very very very small footprint!!!
    middbrew likes this.
    08-02-12 08:25 AM
    My 13-year old son uses Advance OS and LED on his 9650. It took him just a few hours to get it set up. Jaydee's right about it looking confusing, but just play with it. That app does a lot.
    08-02-12 10:04 AM
    Hmmmm I'm going to have to try this app.....How is the screen capture on this?
    08-02-12 10:29 AM
    I'm gonna check this out. I can't believe Jaydee got rid of QL.
    08-02-12 11:47 AM
    I'm not sure how AOSLED replaces QL. BeBuzz yes, QL I don't know.
    08-02-12 12:02 PM
    I was a QL user from my 8800 days. Now, I only use AOSL.

The screenshot feature is comparable to QL. Only difference I've seen is that QL gives you the option to save as PNG or JPG (AOSL is just JPG).

As for built-in features that I used in QL, the only ones I've noticed as missing in AOSL are Bluetooth toggle and 2G/3G toggle. I don't toggle 2G/3G anymore, so that's a non-issue. And setting up a shortcut to toggle Bluetooth in AOSL is pretty simple.
    08-02-12 12:04 PM
    It is confusing. I've been using QL for few years. I don't know, I hate change!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-02-12 01:00 PM
    I've used Advanced OS and LED for a few days its a good app don't get me wrong but seeing as I don't need all the features I'm sticking to QL and BeBuzz core also not one for change if it works for me why change it?
    In the end it all comes down to personal Preference
    08-02-12 01:38 PM
    I've never used BeBuzz, didn't care for the different color LED's. I guess I just like the KISS theory, Keep It Simple Stupid!
    08-02-12 02:24 PM
    I've used Advanced OS and LED for a few days its a good app don't get me wrong but seeing as I don't need all the features I'm sticking to QL and BeBuzz core also not one for change if it works for me why change it?
    lets recap

AOSLED can have up to 4 different ringtones with 4 LED per contact (Email, BBM, SMS, Calls + Missed Calls), which app can do this ?

AOSLED can control LED effects (Blink or color rotation) which app can do this ?

AOSLED can have Different LED and Ringtones for Call connect and other call events, also which app can do different ringtones and LED for known and unknown phone numbers ?

ok, lets forget the exclusive LED and ringtones features of AOSLED , how about battery and memory utilization of AOSLED ? its not just the looks, its what under the hood that makes a difference, especially for non-experts who keep wondering why their battery runs fast yet their phone runs slow.

spend some time to compare whats under the hood for your own phone's sake and others when you provide them with your assistance and recommendations, there is no excuse for experts who ignore basic facts

my role is to educate people, i just try to help when i see a need
    08-03-12 03:22 AM
    I've never used BeBuzz, didn't care for the different color LED's. I guess I just like the KISS theory, Keep It Simple Stupid!
    however, the simpler the app is, the more you will say "i wish i can do this"

its a freeware, meaning you can learn few extra tricks, then help others with their phones without them thinking you are a shareholder or trying to make money for a friend, and usually they will like you more since you helped without having them to spend.

also think of the other possibilities since its a freeware, like no problems when upgrading or changing phones, no need to wait days to get your answers since you can chat with everyone around you cause they all have the same app (lol, where do you think AOSLED ranks in App World Worldwide)

these are just few points you might have missed while making few decisions
    08-03-12 03:45 AM
    I'm not sure how AOSLED replaces QL. BeBuzz yes, QL I don't know.
    its called "iLaunch" (Instant Launch) feature

download AOSLED and enable iLaunch, read the info/ help in iLaunch to get more info.
    08-03-12 04:00 AM

I guess it is preference. However you cannot deny that AOSLED is a superior app compared to those others. As soon as I saw bebuzz shut down by ARM I was like you're outta here. And I have to have my colored blinking lights. So much easier to see who is contacting me how, especially when my phone sits on the desk at work. I can't always be touching it.

As for me giving up QL... Can you believe it???? I have been a huge proponent of it and have used it forever. But why have two apps that do the same thing? I have my iLaunch set up the way I like it and its just as easy. Still operates from the side key for me. Takes me to my app listing. AND it let's me list favorite web links too. Like ql did. There's nothing lacking.

And this app does so much more. I haven't yet automated the switch to turn on bluetooth. Wu-wei, I'm gonna need your help please. That is the one button I need. Also to turn off wi-fi. There must be a way correct? Under custom actions? I bought shortcut me too and now this app will replace that one as well if I can do those two things.

Sultan makes this app available for free. No wonder. With all it does, he'd have to charge 10 bucks and then everyone would still be complaining. I guess it is still personal preference but in my 6 year quest to find apps that leak and make me have to reboot twice a day, I am glad to have dumped 4 so far and working on another!!!

EDIT: it is early so forgive me!!! I have a big red button that says wi-fi on at the top of my iLaunch and if I hit it, it turns off wi-fi! What a dolt!! The choice has been there all along!!!

Thank you Sultan. Now someone show me how to toggle BT with a custom action and I will be set. Will delete Shortcut Me in a heartbeat.
    OMG! How easy! I just set up BT toggle!! Haha. Another app bites the dust! Let's see what else I can automate.....
    Hahahahahaha! I love this app!

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-03-12 at 05:44 AM.
    underway99 likes this.
    08-03-12 05:21 AM
    Thank you Sultan. Now someone show me how to toggle BT with a custom action and I will be set.
    very easy

- Add a new custom action with "Manage Connections" as the app

Then for Add Actions, select:
    - "Move Down"
    - "Move Down"
    - "Click"
    - "Escape"

your done
    08-03-12 05:45 AM
    very easy

- Add a new custom action with "Manage Connections" as the app

Then for Add Actions, select:
    - "Move Down"
    - "Move Down"
    - "Click"
    - "Escape"

your done
    Yay!!! That's what I did and it works!!! Thank you!!!
    Now I'm going to automate something else...
    Can't wait to load up my custom actions!
    08-03-12 07:21 AM
    So upon the recommendation of our queen here, I dl AOSLED and I must say it's pretty easy to use. In fact, I find it easier to set up then ql.
    I like it. And having everything in one app with the option of using the features or not is great. The SS option works well, the reboot phone, and iLaunch, well I can actually read the font and pop up is great.
    So thanks to Sultan for a wonderful app, I have deleted the others
    08-03-12 07:26 AM
    So upon the recommendation of our queen here, I dl AOSLED and I must say it's pretty easy to use. In fact, I find it easier to set up then ql.
    I like it. And having everything in one app with the option of using the features or not is great. The SS option works well, the reboot phone, and iLaunch, well I can actually read the font and pop up is great.
    So thanks to Sultan for a wonderful app, I have deleted the others
    OMG! Meterberry! That's the other app I dropped. I had forgotten about the auto reboot option. It was the only reason I kept Meterberry around. But now AOSLED reboots before I get up and DOES NOT NEED A CONFIRMATION. which is what bugged me about ql. So YAY!!!

How many apps does that make I dumped? BeBuzz, QL, Silent Cam, Meterberry, Shortcut Me, Zona Snap. HAHAHAHAHAHA! My berry is saying "Whew! Losing weight feels good"

So try out the custom actions Hamster. I just set one to go to Media Music, go to playlists, open playlist, choose my walking playlist, go to the first song and start playing it!

OMG...Sultan is a freaking genius! It saves me countless clicks and scrolls. And you can test it every step of the way. Amazing.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-03-12 at 07:35 AM.
    08-03-12 07:33 AM
    I'm headed over to app world now to give this a try. Sounds like a great app.
    08-03-12 08:25 AM
    There are some here who have been watching JayDee deal with memory loss (on her BlackBerry ) and device lockups for quite some time now with multiple devices, and hoping that she would drop the utility apps that we suspected were causing her device issues.

I don't know exactly how you did it, but good job Sultan!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-03-12 10:16 AM
    its called "iLaunch" (Instant Launch) feature

download AOSLED and enable iLaunch, read the info/ help in iLaunch to get more info.
    Thanks. That was not the only feature that I missed.
    08-03-12 10:19 AM
23,186 ... 723724725726727 ...