Underway, relieved you are out of the way of those terrible spreading wildfires!
    As for being near F2...if you want to take up a hobby, have him give you photography tips! LOL I wish I could learn from him.

F2, I am finally mounting my photographs from you today so watch this space for a few shots to see how they look!!!!!

Underway, I love the Traffic app. It really is a Super App because it can do everything any iPhone can do. I am no longer jealous of my gf who whips out her phone to find the Mexican place we wanna go to or some other EQUALLY as important destination.
    I do not use for work, but it sounds perfect for you. And a money saver as well.

I had never used BB Protect until I lost my contacts one day. I asked Paul what I should do and he said just load em back from BB Protect. Too bad I didn't use it then, but I have ever since that day!!!!

I'm using Travel to keep track of my trip details. I'm going to see Hamster this summer and I have all my flight and gate info in there. Any changes are automatically made and I feel empowered knowing I KNOW where I'm supposed to be, etc. I have to say I really am impressed with the app as another friend of mine while be meeting me in DC and I am able to add those travel plans to MY bb and see everything at one glance.

Traveling to Europe sounds like real excitement! Keep us posted!

Nearly done with school for the summer and no summer job in sight. Can't say I am sad. I need a break before I choke someone. Things are especially tough on teachers all over but NYS is into screwing us every chance they get. I have so much professional development to attend that IT will feel like a full time job this summer anyway.
    06-20-12 06:00 AM
    I use BB Protect and BB Traffic. I really like the turn-by-turn voice navigation. They thing is great at re-calculating routes too.
    06-20-12 07:50 AM
    F2,
    Here are the pictures mounted on black foam board and strung with ethernet and hung on tacks. Talk about a ghetto job!

But they are LOVELY looking photos, no???
    Thanks again!!!

middbrew and seashell93 like this.
    06-20-12 08:56 AM
    Nice pictures. :thumbup:

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    06-20-12 09:11 AM
    Underway, relieved you are out of the way of those terrible spreading wildfires!
    As for being near F2...if you want to take up a hobby, have him give you photography tips! LOL I wish I could learn from him.
    My daughter is still down there for college. She's well away from the really dangerous areas, but it's all relative. She lives in the part that burned so horribly back in 2004.

Funny that you should mention photo tips. I did some work as a photographer back when we used film and could process our own prints and slides with chemicals.

The BB Travel app is apparently made by the folks that put together WorldMate. That one has been around a long time. I used it on my Treo700P/755P.
    06-20-12 10:20 PM
    Nice pictures. :thumbup:

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Thanks. Took me a while to figure it all out but I like the result.
    I hope F2 does as well!!!!
    06-21-12 04:36 AM

Funny that you should mention photo tips. I did some work as a photographer back when we used film and could process our own prints and slides with chemicals.
    So you're old school! Me too. My brother used to have a darkroom in the basement of my parent's cellar when we were in high school. It was fun to develop the pics yourself. That lead me to a job at the local hospital developing xray film in the darkroom. Strange job, no? But cool.
    06-21-12 04:38 AM
    My darkroom was one of the the upstairs bathrooms. My mother was afraid that I'd melt the plumbing by dumping my chemicals down the drain.

For a while, I poured the stuff down the toilet, but one time I poured several trays at once and stained the porcelain a kind of pink-ish orange. It took years for the bowl to look white again...
    Last edited by Underway99; 06-21-12 at 11:24 PM.
    06-21-12 11:20 PM
    Hello! Love the shots! Nice job F2 and Jaydee I used to take a photography class waaaaaaaaaaay back (lol) in high school. Loved it. Hmmm. Maybe I should start again..

Glad Underway and family are out of harms way...

How's everyone doing? Thinking of upgrading os again LOL
    06-22-12 07:38 AM
    I need to upgrade my OS as well. It is hanging every so often and I wonder if it's breaking down and needs a fresh install. Will prob jump to 342.
    06-22-12 08:29 AM
    I need to upgrade my OS as well. It is hanging every so often and I wonder if it's breaking down and needs a fresh install. Will prob jump to 342.
    Yeah mine too....seeing more spinning clocks lately. Wonder why that happens?
    I will probably go to .428 or a hybrid that apparently is working great for others
    06-22-12 10:34 AM
    Thanks for asking JayDee. I live and work now in the south Puget Sound area, somewhere near F2. No more worry about wildfires or threats of rolling blackouts in the summer and fall.

RIM calls those apps "Super Apps". I use them all. The BB Traffic app just got better -- RIM recently signed a deal with the TomTom folks to supply navigation data for BB Traffic. I've been working (unsuccessfully) to get my wife and daughter to use Traffic instead of calling me to figure out where they are and then give them directions to get where they had intended to go. For that, I use BB Protect and the GPS tracking feature. Using that locator, I can track their phones in near real-time to see where they are and direct them back to the highway.

I have to travel a good bit for work. I use BB Travel and have it linked to both my personal 9930 (so it gets into the family calendar) and to my work 9650. Sometimes I get flight updates or gate changes at the airport before the gate agent posts it. With luck, BB Traffic will be updated soon to work in Europe. I may find myself in western Europe for a good chunk of next February and March. The integrated navigation app would be a lot less expensive than renting a GPS from wherever we rent our cars from.
    Now you can worry about earthquakes (well, Southern Cal was not exempt) and lahars and more than enough rain for life. But no longer a need suntan protection. And you can always fly somewhere if you crave SUMMER!!!! We have a garage sale planned for Sat and I'm stringing tarps and erecting tents with showers and low 60's predicted.

I was actually in LA last week. Nice weather and horrendous traffic.

My problem with BB Traffic is that my speaker phone sound on the 9930 is very, very low. I can barely hear it. The 9650 was fine. And now I am finding that I don't think the nfc tag stuff works on it either.
    06-22-12 10:42 AM
    Thanks. Took me a while to figure it all out but I like the result.
    I hope F2 does as well!!!!
    LOOKS GREAT. My photo wall contains photos that are over 30 years old and pretty faded. Might be time for a refresh. But now you will be away from the office for the summer!!!!

I'll see what I can get of WINTER Dolomites as I signed up for a cross-country ski trip next January.
    06-22-12 10:48 AM
    LOOKS GREAT. My photo wall contains photos that are over 30 years old and pretty faded. Might be time for a refresh. But now you will be away from the office for the summer!!!!

I'll see what I can get of WINTER Dolomites as I signed up for a cross-country ski trip next January.
    WooHOO!!!!! Any pictures you can get will be great!!!!
    Did you see em? Don't they look nice? I took them down for the summer. I don't want them falling down and getting crumpled or anything. So in the fall...I may just hot glue em to the wall. HAHA don't tell my boss!

Yes, I am officially DONE with work! Officially! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
    06-22-12 12:49 PM
    ok i am thinking of a hybrid for my 9930. what Os are you running Dr Prince? and Underway? Im not sure i wanna do a hybrid based on 402 tho...doesn't it have an IT policy on it? I'm not sure which i want....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 07:34 PM
    I'm using straight 355. I can't see using a hybrid unless the OS really is hosed, and the newer v7.1 operating systems are really pretty good.

Good move staying away from 402. The radio is supposed to be really good, but it has that IT policy that I just didn't like, and my standard OS7.1 memory leak got worse on 402. From posted reports, 355, 342 and even 267 are probably the best straight OS. The guys at OSBB might have something for you if you really want to try the hybrids again.
    Last edited by Underway99; 06-25-12 at 12:24 AM.
    06-24-12 08:45 PM
    Stay away from 402, it does have that IT policy. I'm running the vzw 163, I know some people didn't care for it but it's been pretty solid for me. Honestly I can't tell much diff between this os and 267 or 342. It would be nice to have something new to play with!
    06-25-12 08:31 AM
    I'm using straight 355. I can't see using a hybrid unless the OS really is hosed, and the newer v7.1 operating systems are really pretty good.

Good move staying away from 402. The radio is supposed to be really good, but it has that IT policy that I just didn't like, and my standard OS7.1 memory leak got worse on 402. From posted reports, 355, 342 and even 267 are probably the best straight OS. The guys at OSBB might have something for you if you really want to try the hybrids again.
    Peter, where do I find 355?
    I'm on 340 right now and it need changing!!!
    06-25-12 02:24 PM
    Peter, where do I find 355?
    I'm on 340 right now and it need changing!!!
    I'm not Peter and don't have a fancy 9930 but here is the OS 355.

If that doesn't work I do have it on my computer and can get it to you.
    Last edited by middbrew; 06-26-12 at 05:04 PM.
    06-26-12 05:01 PM
    Mine's not fancy. My 9930 looks like it just came from the box. Now, when Themebuilder is released for OS7, we'll see about fancy.
    06-26-12 05:55 PM
    I'm not Peter and don't have a fancy 9930 but here is the OS 355.

If that doesn't work I do have it on my computer and can get it to you.
    Thank you Midd!!!!
    Peter gave me the link and I finally got 355 loaded today. MY bb is the fancy one! I have 15 themes installed at any one time!

Will have to see if 355 is any better than 340. My old OS was hanging on me. Fingers crossed. Oh and I think Hamster is on her second upgrade today
    06-26-12 06:18 PM
    Thank you Midd!!!!
    Peter gave me the link and I finally got 355 loaded today. MY bb is the fancy one! I have 15 themes installed at any one time!

Will have to see if 355 is any better than 340. My old OS was hanging on me. Fingers crossed. Oh and I think Hamster is on her second upgrade today
    Yes, the Queen is right...2 installs in one day, lol. First was a hybrid that I mistakenly shrunk and wasn't supposed to. So off I went to complain to Mecca, who gave me a new hybrid he's been working on...this one you can shrink

Let's hope no more spinning clocks
    06-26-12 06:32 PM
    Thank you Midd!!!!

I haven't heard much about 355. Let me know what you think of it.
    06-26-12 07:33 PM
    355 is quick -- the browser seems to be just as fast as 402. No spinning clock to speak of and no IT policy.

When I say that 355 is faster, it's really all relative. It seems that these 7.1 releases are all pretty good in their own way. 355, 342, 267, even 163 are all light years ahead of the old OS versions with regard to stability. Aside from the IT policy and the OS 7.1 memory leak, even 402 is probably OK. The radio is supposed to be great.

Now I've played a bit with some of the hybrids, and I've not seen any substantial improvement on my 9930. What little difference that I have seen could likely just be the result of wiping and reloading the phone. Of course, YMMV, so plug away.

Speaking of fast (and by extension, slow phones and OS), I had the fortune to swap my youngest's failing 9330 for a 9630 with OS5. Wow! Ten-minute boot time. I'd forgotten those days! On the other hand, OS5 is quick. Really quick. Do you suppose that it's possible to build an OS5 hybrid with enough OS7 files to make it work on my 9930?
    Last edited by Underway99; 06-26-12 at 10:46 PM.
    06-26-12 10:40 PM
    Underway, funny you should say that! OS5 was always fast!
    OS6 was a dog but the themes were king for me.
    Boot times of 10 minutes would kill me now and over 2 hours to index my media card too. Now I can use the card within minutes of rebooting!!!

PS The memory leak on 355 is much slower than on 340. I find I actually don't have to reboot for tw days as opposed to before it was everyday!!!

To all the Ramblers: Elizabeth is going to post new wallpapers for the 4th of July holiday for anyone who would like them! She is resizing them now. Very cute!!!!!
    07-01-12 10:09 AM
23,186 ... 720721722723724 ...