Hey Ramblers! My 9930 behaves for the most part. But on some days (today) I switch themes five or six time, change oh a dozen berryweather icon sets and almost as many battex icons. My phone started hourglassing big time at around 80MB. And I start with about 200. So that tells you how fast the memory is draining and how low it can go before we have problems. Anyway, that's on mine. So not everyday is a leak this bad but it needs rebooting at around 80MB.

What say you all?

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 06:35 PM
    Hey Ramblers! My 9930 behaves for the most part. But on some days (today) I switch themes five or six time, change oh a dozen berryweather icon sets and almost as many battex icons. My phone started hourglassing big time at around 80MB. And I start with about 200. So that tells you how fast the memory is draining and how low it can go before we have problems. Anyway, that's on mine. So not everyday is a leak this bad but it needs rebooting at around 80MB.

What say you all?

For the battery stuff, I use BB Meter - I think that's the free version, but now a days I rely more on device analyzer as well. BB Meter just shows me my memory leaks

Which brings me to your question, Jaydee.....Same here. I start at around 200 or so, but when I dip under 100 and close to 80-90 like you said..that stupid spinning clock starts invading my berry
    I usually reboot at this point...sometimes every few days, sometimes every cpl days.

I think the way that OS7 is optimized we can go that low and still have adequate function...?
    05-04-12 06:59 PM
    Mine never gets below 190. What are you doing to your phones?
    05-04-12 08:54 PM
    Mine never gets below 190. What are you doing to your phones?
    I suspect it's because we change themes, bw sets, battex, wp etc. numerous times a day.
    Otherwise I don't think we would see it drop as much.
    05-04-12 09:10 PM
    I start at around 215 and never drops below 195. But I'm not changing themes and icons
    05-04-12 09:41 PM
    Here is a MB snap of memory use for yesterday:

I know we've seen this before but that's an 18 hour snapshot of my memory usage. I had been restarting every day but I actually pulled the battery at 5:30pm and it had 198 mb free to start. MB always shows less than it has. It has always been different from the berry itself.

05-05-12 12:47 AM
    What's not working right about it? LOL That's odd. What did they say Ellie??
    I have been using it for about 4 years and I'm on 7.1 and I don't have a problem with it.
    I even use it for rebooting my device every morning before I get up.
    I wonder what they say is not working?
    Morning Jaydee,

After a few margaritas you expect me to remember??? LOL!! I was reading something about it in the CB forum...but which forum I don't remember. I do remember reading that the dev said they were aware of a few bugs with it for OS7 and he was working on an update. Anyway....I don't have it on my phone yet but might download it sometime this weekend and try it out.

Thanks to the ramblers for the information on the 9930 Blackberry Device Analyzer. Found it and now I am using it. So many new things on this 9930 compared to my beloved 9650 with OS5.

I only have about 6 themes on my 9930. No batteryex skins. I do change my wallpapers quite a bit. I change my BerryWeather icons every few days....unless I'm in one of my "changing" moods. I usually have to do a battery pull every 3-4 days. After battery pull I'm at about 217. I think the lowest I dropped to was 128 and then I pulled the battery. I am not a heavy bbm'er.....texter....emailer....and not a lot of phone calls (unless I need advise from Jaydee). Now I do have QuickLaunch on my phone and been thinking about using the reboot device feature in that app instead of doing a battery pull. I know you can also schedule a reboot time with QL also.

I do have about 13 third party apps on my phone also. They are the same ones I had on my 9650. Coming from the 9650 with the Seidio extended battery and no memory loss I guess I am expecting a little better results with my 9930. Good or bad....not sure. Thanks again ramblers for all the good advise!!
    05-05-12 06:55 AM
    I am with 99 on the memory issues. I begin the day at 193 and seldom drop below 189. I seldom change themes or icons, etc. I usually do a reboot every 3 or 4 days. Jaydee, maybe all those changes have been your memory leak problem dating back to your 9650 days. Run a test...beginning tomorrow morning, do not change any themes, etc for 4 days and do no battery pulls. See how the memory holds up. My .02.
    05-06-12 08:02 AM
    I am with 99 on the memory issues. I begin the day at 193 and seldom drop below 189. I seldom change themes or icons, etc. I usually do a reboot every 3 or 4 days. Jaydee, maybe all those changes have been your memory leak problem dating back to your 9650 days. Run a test...beginning tomorrow morning, do not change any themes, etc for 4 days and do no battery pulls. See how the memory holds up. My .02.
    Ummmm....I'm going to take your advise and see what happens on my phone. Will only change my wallpaper. Thanks runkle.
    05-06-12 09:25 AM
    Runkle, Thanks for your help.
    I have tried this before (booting into safe mode and only adding back one app every few hours, etc) and I know BerryWeather is the culprit and all the homemade sets that go with it. I am unwilling to go 4 days, nay 4 hours without changing anything on my phone as I test themes. Also my rep as a mover and shaker in the screen shot threads would be severely stunted if I did not post (!!!!). So therefore, with a straight face I can say thanks but no thanks. LOLOLOLOLOL

I know its the themes and BeWeather but I am not willing to delete them anyway so why bother testing. LOL I will live with it as I have done for years...

Just thought you would like to see how badly OS7 leaks...
    05-06-12 10:04 AM
    I wonder if QuickWeather would be less of a memory drainer than BerryWeather in the memory loss department?
    05-06-12 02:20 PM
    LOL...I should have known better Jaydee. No changes on your phone and the world would stop spinning. Not to mention we would all float away. Just think how boring the world would be if we all acted the same way. Have fun Jaydee. Long live the queen of change.

Mojave, let us know how your test goes. I am curious.
    05-06-12 02:56 PM
    LOL...I should have known better Jaydee. No changes on your phone and the world would stop spinning. Not to mention we would all float away. Just think how boring the world would be if we all acted the same way. Have fun Jaydee. Long live the queen of change.

Wow. Thanks for the kiss-off Runkle. You know nothing about me; How can you insinuate I don't want to "change" ? Certainly hope this was an attempt at humor that I misinterpreted because I wouldn't like to think we parted ways because of a $3.99 app. :-)
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-06-12 at 04:01 PM.
    05-06-12 03:50 PM
    I wonder if QuickWeather would be less of a memory drainer than BerryWeather in the memory loss department?
    You know, I have Quick Weather, Mojave, but never spent enough time learning it to find out if I could get rid of BeWeather and use it instead.
    05-06-12 03:56 PM
    You know, I have Quick Weather, Mojave, but never spent enough time learning it to find out if I could get rid of BeWeather and use it instead.
    I have QuickWeather and use it a fair bit. Especially when I'm too lazy to set up BW wallpaper option, lol. Now as for memory on that I haven't a clue cuz I use them both and will continue to do so.
    05-06-12 04:12 PM

Will do runkle. It will be hard....for just like Jaydee.....I love to change my themes and wallpapers. Oh yeah....even my BerryWeather icons....but those not so often.
    05-06-12 05:04 PM
    Totally joking Jaydee. No offense intended. My apologies.
    05-06-12 07:49 PM
    Totally joking Jaydee. No offense intended. My apologies.
    My apologies as well. Misunderstood your message.
    05-06-12 08:06 PM
    Anyone else having problems with updates from CrApp World???
    I have tons of apps that need updating but I don't find out until I open the app and try to use it and it tells me there is an update? What happened to App World throwing up a symbol there in the notification bar???? Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: Since my notification weren't working, I missed a notification that app world was updated. Go figure! HAHA
    So I updated it and time will tell if the problem is solved. Sheesh. New version is like 3.1.2.32 or something like that.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-07-12 at 06:49 AM.
    05-07-12 05:07 AM
    I haven't told you about my new mission...to get NFC to work for me on my phone. I bought some programmable tags, Shortcut Me and NFC Shortcuts, which are two small apps. I created some macros and well, under my nightstand is a tag that puts my bb into bedside mode by tapping. Also, in my car, I placed a tag that when tapped, puts on my BT so I can use my earpiece. Cool. I used to fumble around with the phone and then the earpiece and then see if they paired, etc. So now its turn on the earpiece, tap the phone and bingo...drive away!

Looking for some more uses for the tags. I have a feeling I will be placing one at work on my desk to put my phone into vibrate mode, turn off wi_fi (since I can't use it at work) and turn off the BT. Although I can turn it off by tapping inside my car, too.

Kinda of a neat plaything. Gotta find some really good uses yet.
    05-07-12 07:03 AM
    Anyone else having problems with updates from CrApp World???
    I have tons of apps that need updating but I don't find out until I open the app and try to use it and it tells me there is an update? What happened to App World throwing up a symbol there in the notification bar???? Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: Since my notification weren't working, I missed a notification that app world was updated. Go figure! HAHA
    So I updated it and time will tell if the problem is solved. Sheesh. New version is like 3.1.2.32 or something like that.
    I usually read about the updates on CB before I get the notification. You can go in My World hit alt-RST Crap World will reboot then go back into My World and you should see any apps that have an upgrade available.
    05-07-12 07:16 AM
    Morning Jaydee,

I have App World version 3.0.1.29 on my phone and yes....I do receive a notification about an update in the notification bar. I have not yet updated App World to the newest version.

I don't think I'm going to last 3 more days without changing my themes!!
    05-07-12 08:08 AM
    Maybe one of your ramblers can help me. I purchased thru App World a theme called Beat Green. Yesterday I removed it from my phone and then rebooted the phone. I was thinking about adding it back on. I went to App World....My World.....Uninstalled.... and Beat Green is not showing up as an uninstalled item. I also checked "Installed" and its not there. Since I purchased Beat Green from App World....I went back to App World on my phone to reinstalled the theme and now it's no where to be found to add it back on.

I never had App World on my 9650 so all of this is new to me on my 9930. How the heck can I reinstall Beat Green? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Mojave; 05-07-12 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Re-worded.
    05-07-12 11:09 AM
    Ellie, I have never removed apps from app world using dm. I don't use dm much. I would write to walker about the prob with the theme and attach your paypal receipt. Ask if he can issue the link again to you. I had this same problem with carbon liveday. Only thing is bbfreaks never answers emails. Ring walker will!!!!

05-07-12 11:13 AM
    I haven't told you about my new mission...to get NFC to work for me on my phone. I bought some programmable tags, Shortcut Me and NFC Shortcuts, which are two small apps. I created some macros and well, under my nightstand is a tag that puts my bb into bedside mode by tapping. Also, in my car, I placed a tag that when tapped, puts on my BT so I can use my earpiece. Cool. I used to fumble around with the phone and then the earpiece and then see if they paired, etc. So now its turn on the earpiece, tap the phone and bingo...drive away!

Looking for some more uses for the tags. I have a feeling I will be placing one at work on my desk to put my phone into vibrate mode, turn off wi_fi (since I can't use it at work) and turn off the BT. Although I can turn it off by tapping inside my car, too.

Kinda of a neat plaything. Gotta find some really good uses yet.
    Where did you find the tags? Online or local shop? I've been thinking about getting into them, also.
    05-07-12 11:18 AM
23,186 ... 716717718719720 ...