Know what Runkle? I was thinking the same thing. Keep 340 until the OFFICIAL software comes out and then update. But then again, I dunno as they say 402 is great!
    I'm thinking the same thing. I might give 402 a shot this weekend.
    04-27-12 01:09 PM
    I'm at a solid week now on 402. This 9930 is rolling right along. I don't know how this is different from 342, but you won't be disappointed with 402.

For JayDee, you know better than to wait for the OFFICIAL carrier release. I'm not even sure that this leak isn't from Big Red. I had forgotten to dump the VENDOR.XML files before I loaded the OS, and DM found the new OS right away. Do it. You know you want to.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-29-12 at 09:44 AM.
    04-28-12 06:38 AM
    The 402 DL links have been removed. Does anyone have the file to share?
    04-28-12 08:33 AM
    got a question for anyone who can answer. I go to the web on my 9930 and save a webpage on my home screen. So there is an icon created and saved. Only problem is the page is all text and the icon is a snapshot of the page. BORING. Anyway to edit that shortcut?

I used to have an app called shortcuts or MyOwnIcons but for the life of me, I can't find it. Maybe its not for OS7???

Does anyone know what I mean and what I'm asking???LOL
    04-29-12 04:35 PM
    I have seen it too. If the site does not have or the browser cannot identify a specific icon, it uses a screenshot for the bookmark icon. Sometimes you can force it to query for an icon by deleting the bookmark shortcut and making a new one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-29-12 05:04 PM
    Thanks Underway. I tried creating the shortcut again but there is no icon on the page. So I went to Mobihand and sure enough...I DID purchase MyOwnIcons a long time ago and I reinstalled it. I was able to create two shortcuts to webpages using my own pictures appropriate for the page.

Works great and a low priced app. Might want to consider it anyone who like web shortcuts on your home screen and if you don't want boring icons.
    04-30-12 09:44 AM
    Wow. Is Mobihand still around?

04-30-12 11:56 AM
    Wow. Is Mobihand still around?

Actually, I wish more people would offer their themes from Mobihand. I have a special discount I could be using that is sitting dormant.

However, I do still purchase apps from mobihand and have a few apps there that are still on my account. I hope it makes a comeback!!
    04-30-12 12:51 PM
    Actually, I wish more people would offer their themes from Mobihand. I have a special discount I could be using that is sitting dormant.

However, I do still purchase apps from mobihand and have a few apps there that are still on my account. I hope it makes a comeback!!
    I'm sure a lot of people quit using Mobihand to sell their themes and apps because they don't always pay.
    04-30-12 10:38 PM
    Well, that did not take long. I was on the road yesterday and had a few call problems. I was talking and suddenly the phone would begin to ring as if I was calling someone. Needless to say, I lost my connection with the person I was talking to. I have no idea why this happened. It was a first for me.

Got home last night and immediately installed os 402. Maybe I was just looking for an excuse not to wait for Verizon's release (342 or 402?) in a couple weeks. So 99, I am trusting your recommendation on this one. . By the way, I had the same experience you did when installing it. I did not delete the vendor files and had no trouble using DM to make the change.

I did notice one little oddity. When I plugged in the phone to charge it, I did not get my normal charging LED. Don't know why, but the phone charged as it normally has and was ready to go this morning.
    05-01-12 09:02 AM
    Hmm. Odd indeed. I didn't have any problem with the charging indicator. In fact, I don't see any issues yet with 402.

Could the charging LED be switched OFF? Do you still have the charging battery icon?

05-01-12 02:32 PM
    Did some more research on the LED charging issue 99. It would seem the charging light only shows up when the phone is turned off. I will check it out tonight. That's what I get for golfing instead of working today.

Not sure how your battery discharge rate is 99. Mine was 5% per hour this afternoon with almost no use. It has dropped back to under 2% tonight. OS 267 was really good in this department; less than 2% nearly every day with light use. I will see how tomorrow goes.
    05-01-12 08:11 PM
    Good deal on the charging LED tidbit. My phone almost never gets switched off (well, except for when I'm sitting on the airplane) so I would not have caught the charging LED thing.

My power usage has been great -- certainly as good as 267. On MeterBerry, my battery discharge rate is 1.6% since I loaded 402. If I look at the Device Analyzer, it's even better at 1.38%.

Last edited by Underway99; 05-01-12 at 09:10 PM.
    05-01-12 09:07 PM
    That's what I get for golfing instead of working today.
    Any time you can play golf instead of working you deserve only the best!
    05-02-12 08:35 AM
    LOL Midd, maybe that is why I scored so well (not). At least I did not lose any money.
    99, I have been checking my discharge rate today and it has stayed between 1.5 and 3% with light usage. I also confirmed the "glow" when charging the phone when it is turned off.
    05-02-12 08:42 PM
    I realize this is redundant on this site, but I have been very pleased with my Blackberries through the years. When they have been manufactured well, they have been great phones. I gave my 8330 to my youngest daughter a few years ago. My 9650 stays in my desk drawer ready for emergency duty. My 9930 with the new battery serves me very well. I sincerely hope BB10 is a success. From what I have seen, there are some innovative and useful features on the way. Who knows, Jaydee and Hampster may even get to play with themes again!
    05-02-12 08:50 PM
    LOL Midd, maybe that is why I scored so well (not). At least I did not lose any money.
    99, I have been checking my discharge rate today and it has stayed between 1.5 and 3% with light usage. I also confirmed the "glow" when charging the phone when it is turned off.
    Where on my 9930 OS7.1.0.163 do I need to go to check my "discharge rate" or are you guys using a third party app? Thank you!
    05-03-12 02:37 PM
    I think most of us are using the Blackberry Device Analyzer that is part of the OS starting with 267.

EDIT: I've been corrected. It appears that the BDA is part of 163. Thanks Doctor Prince.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-04-12 at 12:16 AM.
    05-03-12 07:53 PM
    I have Blackberry Device Analyzer on 163.
    Options>Device>Advanced System Settings> Blackberry Device Analyzer.
    Mojave likes this.
    05-03-12 10:53 PM
    My mistake. I didn't recall seeing the device analyzer before 267

05-04-12 12:14 AM
    Amazing that I have it being that I shrink out everything!!!
    I had to find the file online and add it back!
    LMAO!!!!
    05-04-12 08:25 AM
    Mojave, I still use Meterberry to check my bb stats most of the time. It is simply a matter of convenience for me. I also like the "reset device" feature. It means I do not need to take off my case any time I may want to do a battery pull.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hey Midd, wish me luck....back to the golf course this afternoon.
    Mojave likes this.
    05-04-12 11:47 AM
    Mojave, I still use Meterberry to check my bb stats most of the time. It is simply a matter of convenience for me. I also like the "reset device" feature. It means I do not need to take off my case any time I may want to do a battery pull.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hey Midd, wish me luck....back to the golf course this afternoon.
    Hi runkle,

I was looking at MeterBerry (Jaydee told me about it) but i was reading that it was not working correctly for OS7.1. I contacted the developer with an email about 4 days ago but have heard nothing. I read that the dev was updating the app..but that was back in late 2011. Nothing since. Many thanks for the information runkle.
    05-04-12 03:08 PM
    Hi runkle,

I was looking at MeterBerry (Jaydee told me about it) but i was reading that it was not working correctly for OS7.1. I contacted the developer with an email about 4 days ago but have heard nothing. I read that the dev was updating the app..but that was back in late 2011. Nothing since. Many thanks for the information runkle.
    What's not working right about it? LOL That's odd. What did they say Ellie??
    I have been using it for about 4 years and I'm on 7.1 and I don't have a problem with it.
    I even use it for rebooting my device every morning before I get up.
    I wonder what they say is not working?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-04-12 at 03:30 PM.
    05-04-12 03:15 PM
    I've been using MB too. It works very well on my 9930 with 402.

05-04-12 06:23 PM
23,186 ... 715716717718719 ...