Hey Midd.....my 9650 still gets charged every week and is within arm's reach. Still a great phone.
    04-24-12 08:41 PM
    Midd, I have a 9650 for work. I'm not dumping it any time soon!
    04-24-12 09:55 PM
    I still have my 9650 as well. I'm not letting it go. I just don't use it
    04-25-12 06:34 AM
    I still have mine (actually we have 2), and I can't even use it
    04-25-12 07:41 AM
    MrWeller, You can't leave the 9650! I would be the only one left holding one.
    No you wouldn't...I'll keep you company!
    jaydee5799 and middbrew like this.
    04-25-12 07:56 AM
    No you wouldn't...I'll keep you company!
    It's Hilary!! Welcome
    seashell93 likes this.
    04-25-12 08:03 AM
    I have my 9650 tucked away in a drawer. It isn't going anywhere.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-25-12 08:10 AM
    Long Live the 9650!!!!
    After all, the 9650 gave us......the RAMBLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-25-12 08:12 AM
    I still have my 8830 and the 9650 (the Tour was replaced by the 9650 when Verizon ran out of replacement Tours to fix errant trackballs and apologized that they have to give me the new BOLD).

I have very fond memories of the 8830. It served 3 of us very well on a trip to Italy when Verizon still offered a very affordable Global plan.
    04-25-12 10:34 AM
    Since we're tripping down memory lane today, I still have my 8330! I loved that phone.
    04-25-12 01:27 PM
    The Tour was my first BlackBerry. I needed a replacement for my Treo 755 and 700P. I still have the Treos at home and a Tour, along with a spare 9650 (actually it was Jim's 9650). No phone insurance in my house!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 04:20 PM
    My 8330 was my first BlackBerry! It's what made me fall in love with the phone. I still have my PinkBerry, too!!!

Can you tell I hate to part with them??? But unlike Underway, I did have insurance on all of mine...I have had a few replacements in my time....
    04-25-12 04:32 PM
    Oh, I had insurance for a while, until I built a little collection of old but still working devices. I also did the math when Asurion raised the deductible again. I buy the extended warranty to ensure that I have coverage if the device gives up the ghost. But I see the insurance as a waste unless you use it when the device is almost new. If I drop or lose my phone, then it's a "me" problem and I have to live with an older device until my upgrade.

If the insurance costs $6 per month, that's $72 in premiums for one year. If you have to replace your phone at one year, add the $100 deductible to the $72 you paid in premiums, that's $172 for a replacement phone. If I absolutely have to replace a phone that breaks because of something I did, I can buy a CPO device from Big Red for roughly the same price as if I'd paid for insurance for a year plus the deductible. They've done that twice for me, with no contract extension. If at some point they won't do it any more, then I'll just activate an older phone. Maybe my spare 9650?
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-25-12 at 08:34 PM.
    04-25-12 05:41 PM
    I said I'd report back on the battery and such for the 9930 leaked 402. Battery discharge is running about 1.4% over the last three days. No memory leak to speak of. Still really quick too. No issues with WiFi, BT, GPS, camera, or the media player. No dropped calls or lost signal either. This one might be another keeper.

Is it just me or does it seem that these OS releases are getting better and more stable? My experience is that everything from 374 onward has been at least pretty good. Thoughts?
    04-25-12 10:32 PM
    I am still on the fence about getting a 9930...is it really worth my upgrade that's available? Or should I wait until the BB10 devices make their appearance this fall sometime?
    04-26-12 03:44 PM
    I said I'd report back on the battery and such for the 9930 leaked 402. Battery discharge is running about 1.4% over the last three days. No memory leak to speak of. Still really quick too. No issues with WiFi, BT, GPS, camera, or the media player. No dropped calls or lost signal either. This one might be another keeper.

Is it just me or does it seem that these OS releases are getting better and more stable? My experience is that everything from 374 onward has been at least pretty good. Thoughts?
    Underway, I have 340 still on my device. I suppose I should move on up to 402. They say it is the gold standard. Find it hard to believe this phone could be any better than it is!!! Maybe just the battery???
    04-26-12 04:06 PM
    I am still on the fence about getting a 9930...is it really worth my upgrade that's available? Or should I wait until the BB10 devices make their appearance this fall sometime?
    The 9930 is an excellent device. Leaps and bounds better and different from the 9650. Never thought I'd give my 9650 up but now I wonder why i didn't earlier!

BB10...I wouldn't wait around for RIM's promises. Just look how late everything is they promise.
    04-26-12 04:08 PM
    The 9930 is a real solid device. I wouldn't wait for the BB10 devices.
    Last edited by princebb; 04-26-12 at 10:48 PM.
    04-26-12 07:03 PM
    I do like the 9930 and find myself using the touchscreen more and more although, I'm glad it has a trackpad and keyboard. Since I did not have OS6, I can say I am totally spoiled by univeral search and I'm sure I'm still missing features. Battery life on this new OS (not 402) seems better than before.

My only real issue with the 9930 is the one I've had since OS6 for the 9650 - fonts in the Browser and the loss of Column View. Yes, I know you can zoom, magnify and SOME sites are very amenable to enlarging and word-wrapping but some sites do not, therefore, requiring scrolling left and right and back again and again. Unless someone can tell me I'm still doing it wrong since I'm new of OS's greater than 5.xxxxx and might have missed a trick somewhere.

One of the sites, where I have problems is npr.org - I wind up there from their twitter feeds. So the font is either tiny or scrolling is necessary. I can't seem to get word-wrap to work.

But for FREE, I really can't knock the phone. And, if the first BB10 phones are touch-only, then I would not have been interested. Then of course the cover blog mentioned the potential of a non-accessible battery - no way!
    04-27-12 12:02 AM
    Then of course the cover blog mentioned the potential of a non-accessible battery - no way!
    Me either. Not going for a non-accessible battery. Not when I carry a spare with me on my long jaunts!
    04-27-12 06:18 AM
    FWIW, I have .402 on my device, and although it's not a 9930, I like it. Battery life seems to be good, and my radio is better (in which other builds was very crappy..just ask Jaydee)

As for moving to BB10, all depends on what comes out and when...and THEMES. lol
    04-27-12 07:00 AM
    Hey guys, I'm a little slow but Underway showed me something last night that I didn't know about.

He told me about the BB Protect website. Duh. Pcgizmo tried to tell me about it as well, so that I could choose an old backup, but I didn't understand. Now today, I actually WENT to the website and wow. There it is! Locate your phone, play a tone, send a message to your display( which I did!) and all the backups. LMAO>

Where have I been????

So thanks Underway and pcgizmo. I may be slow but eventually I get it!
    04-27-12 07:07 AM
    Hey guys, I'm a little slow but Underway showed me something last night that I didn't know about.

He told me about the BB Protect website. Duh. Pcgizmo tried to tell me about it as well, so that I could choose an old backup, but I didn't understand. Now today, I actually WENT to the website and wow. There it is! Locate your phone, play a tone, send a message to your display( which I did!) and all the backups. LMAO>

Where have I been????

So thanks Underway and pcgizmo. I may be slow but eventually I get it!
    It's a nice feature of BB Protect. I've been using it for probably a year. It's come in handy, my son misplaced his 9650 at college last year. I just went to the website located the device and had the phone ring. Thank god it was in his dorm in another kids room! The ring is very loud and obnoxious, but it works great.
    04-27-12 07:44 AM
    Afternoon everyone, quick update on my battery issue and the "need" for a replacement phone. The "certified" 9930 came and was a joke. The new battery came the next day. I sent the "certified" phone back and kept the battery; since that was the problem to begin with. I cannot understand why Verizon sends out such crappy replacement phones.

I am still running os 267 and have had great luck with it. Just not sure I am ready to jump up to os 402. Looks like Verizon is updating software in mid May. I may just wait to see what they offer. I am guessing it will be 342.
    04-27-12 11:46 AM
    Afternoon everyone, quick update on my battery issue and the "need" for a replacement phone. The "certified" 9930 came and was a joke. The new battery came the next day. I sent the "certified" phone back and kept the battery; since that was the problem to begin with. I cannot understand why Verizon sends out such crappy replacement phones.

I am still running os 267 and have had great luck with it. Just not sure I am ready to jump up to os 402. Looks like Verizon is updating software in mid May. I may just wait to see what they offer. I am guessing it will be 342.
    Know what Runkle? I was thinking the same thing. Keep 340 until the OFFICIAL software comes out and then update. But then again, I dunno as they say 402 is great!
    04-27-12 11:48 AM
23,186 ... 714715716717718 ...