Well, I meet Buford face to face. Meeting another CB member was a first for me and a rambler at that!

It was great to meet you Buford and we will have to get together again.
    04-21-12 05:47 PM
    Well, I meet Buford face to face. Click to view quoted image
    Meeting another CB member was a first for me and a rambler at that!

It was great to meet you Buford and we will have to get together again.
    Buford told me he had met you!!!
    I think that's great!!! Next we have to have a Rambler reunion somewhere. Let's pick a time...in the future and a spot and we can all save some $$$ to get there!!!
    HAHA Wouldn't that be fun???
    04-21-12 05:56 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Mid. Unfortunately, it does not work with BN ebooks because of the drm restriction. May have to switch over to Kindle to make things work the way I want. Still curious about what Jaydee is using to strip the drm from her BN books.
    I came across this. I didn't look at it that thoroughly so take it for what it's worth. ePub DRM Removal - Remove DRM from epub ebook
    04-21-12 06:20 PM
    I think that's great!!! Next we have to have a Rambler reunion somewhere. Let's pick a time...in the future and a spot and we can all save some $$$ to get there!!!
    That would be fun!
    04-21-12 06:21 PM
    I came across this. I didn't look at it that thoroughly so take it for what it's worth. ePub DRM Removal - Remove DRM from epub ebook
    This app is the one I bought and it DOES work. Not free tho.
    Runkle, did you ever unlock those ebooks for your PB?
    04-21-12 06:24 PM
    This app is the one I bought and it DOES work. Not free tho.
    Runkle, did you ever unlock those ebooks for your PB?
    Oh ok. I didn't look at it closely.
    04-21-12 08:35 PM
    I skipped the 342 update and loaded the leaked 402 on my 9930 yesterday. Smoothest OS load that I've done in a very long time. I shrunk out the usual stuff, then updated with DM. Not having used 342, I can't say what's different about 402. Some say that the GPS and WiFi are both better, but those were pretty good for me with 267, so who knows?

If you don't have the latest beta for DM, try it. Among other things, the PIM synchronization issues are supposedly fixed. It also doesn't take as long to start up or to recognize my phone.
    04-22-12 11:26 AM
    I just loaded up 342 last night. I can't tell a difference between this and 267. This morning the browser has frozen up on me a couple of times. Underway, let us know what you think of 402. I still believe for me 163 was about the same. Maybe 342 is a little bit faster, 163 was smoother.
    04-22-12 12:40 PM
    My battery drain is about the same as I had with 267, about 1-1.5% at idle. The phone seems to be a bit quicker than it was with 267, but I suspect that's more because my 9930 really needed a good cleaning. It had been three months since I loaded the OS and I don't doubt that my phone was just needed a reload. I'll give it a week or so and report back.
    04-22-12 01:25 PM
    Years ago, a similar Users Group of HP LX Palmtop users got together at Bear Mt State Park in NY. It was a hoot - if I can remember it was about 50 or so users. Mostly from the NE but I made it back there from here - kind asked that it be coordinated it with another event I had back in NY.

Some of us hiked before the luncheon. Placing faces to all those names/id's was fun.
    04-22-12 01:33 PM
    My battery drain is about the same as I had with 267, about 1-1.5% at idle. The phone seems to be a bit quicker than it was with 267, but I suspect that's more because my 9930 really needed a good cleaning. It had been three months since I loaded the OS and I don't doubt that my phone was just needed a reload. I'll give it a week or so and report back.
    It's still to early to tell for sure but battery drain on 342 is a little less than previous builds. Maybe I'm crazy, but the vzw 163 build ran really well on my 9930.
    04-22-12 02:32 PM
    Mine too. 267 was really good as well. I wasn't looking to fix anything in particular with the new OS, but I thought that I'd try the new OS since I reloading anyway.
    04-22-12 02:36 PM
    Years ago, a similar Users Group of HP LX Palmtop users got together at Bear Mt State Park in NY. It was a hoot - if I can remember it was about 50 or so users. Mostly from the NE but I made it back there from here - kind asked that it be coordinated it with another event I had back in NY.

Some of us hiked before the luncheon. Placing faces to all those names/id's was fun.
    F2,
    I will have to met you just to thank you!!
    I ordered my prints today in an 11 x 14 size for my office. I am thinking of similar frames for them all ( I added a couple of ocean shots from Maine that I took and a few cherry blossom photos from a trip DC). I am excited to see what they all look like!!!!

Pictures will follow!!!!
    Thanks again F2!!!
    04-23-12 06:26 AM
    I hope that the pictures are worthy and clear enough for 11x14 prints. And if they work - you are most welcome. Took some shots with the 9930 on today's cross-country ski trip - not very good images. Oh, and unlike the snow back east, it was about 75F where I was skiing today at 4,000 feet. I was cooking.
    04-23-12 07:17 PM
    Hey all,

Time to catch up with everyone. The kids and grandkids have all gone back home. Wow, it is quiet. Jaydee, I never did buy the drm removal tool. I only have a few epub (Nook) books and did not want to spend the money.

I had been having some battery heating issues. Went to Verizon store and just wanted a new battery. It made too much sense to do that. So the store told me to I had to return my phone and get another one and they would throw in a new battery. Guess what arrived today? A certified 9930....oh joy....not. Dang, my old one was working great on os 267 and just needed the cotton pickin battery.

I am very curious to see what Verizon does with Blackberry. They have said they will push Windows phones this fall as a"third ecosystem". Of course, RIM may be sold off by then or have made a decision to share its BB 10 os with other manufacturers. Fun, fun. Have a great day tomorrow.
    04-23-12 10:38 PM
    Wow. That's too bad about the replacement phone. I suppose that you could return the CPO device and keep the new battery, right?

The last time that I complained to Big Red about a battery, they sent me a new one. No replacement phone or anything. I avoid the stores like the plague. I just called their advanced tech support and received a new battery the next day.
    04-23-12 10:51 PM
    Playbook owners, a couple quick questions about charging. Prior to the 2.01 update I got the good ole LED light to let me know how my charging was going. After the update I now have no LED lights at all. No red light, no on/off yellow light and no green light when the PB is fully charged. Anybody see the same change? I am also having trouble with the charging connector. I have to plug and unplug it a few times before I get the PB to start charging. Doubt it is update related, but I did not have that problem prior to 2.01.

As an aside, I have a new grand daughter to spoil today. She came into the world at 2:49 PM. Life is good.
    I can help out here, I tend to power off my playbook before going to bed and plug it into the charger. I still get the glowing green light while charging and the solid green once it's fully charged since the update. What you mention about the charging connector sounds worrying though. You should seek out another playbook owner and test out with their charger though, hopefully it's not an issue with the charging port.

Russ.
    04-24-12 07:02 AM
    Hey all,

Time to catch up with everyone. The kids and grandkids have all gone back home. Wow, it is quiet. Jaydee, I never did buy the drm removal tool. I only have a few epub (Nook) books and did not want to spend the money.

I had been having some battery heating issues. Went to Verizon store and just wanted a new battery. It made too much sense to do that. So the store told me to I had to return my phone and get another one and they would throw in a new battery. Guess what arrived today? A certified 9930....oh joy....not. Dang, my old one was working great on os 267 and just needed the cotton pickin battery.

I am very curious to see what Verizon does with Blackberry. They have said they will push Windows phones this fall as a"third ecosystem". Of course, RIM may be sold off by then or have made a decision to share its BB 10 os with other manufacturers. Fun, fun. Have a great day tomorrow.
    Runkle, If you go to B&N and download your books as epub files, then you can PM me and we can work something out. I could "fix" those for you maybe. If you're interested, pm me.
    04-24-12 07:06 AM
    I know I am probably in the minority now that I am still using my 9650, but I didn't pull the trigger fast enough and am getting the $30 upgrade fee tacked onto my 9930 if I try to upgrade. I called them last night and got nowhere and chatted with someone online this morning and was told the same thing - no waiving the fee. Anyone have any better ideas? Thanks!

MrWeller
    04-24-12 10:48 AM
    MrWeller, You can't leave the 9650! I would be the only one left holding one.

I would not go through the store. Call them on line and keep asking for the supervisor. I have heard any decisions regarding this will need to go through them anyway and the first line of people are told to say that's the only you can do it. Keep after them as even the supervisor will try to stall on anything other than the scripted lines they are to give.
    04-24-12 12:01 PM
    I agree with midd, ask to speak to a manager. I've done that before, also I've gone to the store and asked for the manager to have activation fees waived. I've Been successful with this a few times.
    04-24-12 01:30 PM
    Hamster, you still might want to contact RIM customer service about your usb issue. Here was a post in the PB section where someone sent in a second hand PB.

almost made a rma thread as i just sent mine in... very easy to do even tho im second owner and i got mine on craigslist or kijiji... (i call bs on any bad rma thread from here on out, probably rude to cs rep. ) even the issue was my fault dropped my pb with usb plugged in now wont charge... Gave me a new 90 days warranty and they covered everything

"all of my apps are still located in the uninstalled list within my app world. " (associated with your bbid) no matter which pb you use once you sign in its gonna be there basically.
    04-24-12 07:13 PM
    Russ, thanks for the input on your battery charging experience with the playbook. My experience has not been the same as you know (green light, etc before the 2.01 update and no green lights after the update). Today I turned off the playbook and plugged in the charger. I got a red light for a few seconds and then it went out. After a few hours I unplugged it and turned it on. Honestly, I could not tell if it had charged. In the past it would not. I then plugged in the charger again and it began to charge (got the lightning bolt after a few seconds of the red light). I did order a rapid charger today since it uses a magnetic connection. I am interested to see if that works better. It would seem my playbook, even with the OS update, must be turned on to charge. Ah, the joys of RIM.
    04-24-12 07:28 PM
    I agree with midd, ask to speak to a manager. I've done that before, also I've gone to the store and asked for the manager to have activation fees waived. I've Been successful with this a few times.
    At first I thought you were agreeing MrWeller should stay with the 9650 so I wouldn't be so lonely.
    04-24-12 07:34 PM
    Lol...mid needs a group hug.
    middbrew likes this.
    04-24-12 08:40 PM
23,186 ... 713714715716717 ...