Happy Birthday man!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, great work on the ramblers pic!

Second, I have had files state that some of the properties will not transfer over to the flash/thumb drive. The portion of the file not going over isn't that important and shouldn't affect the accessibility or function of the excel file. I wouldn't reformat the drive to NTFS if it were me. FAT is a quicker and easier format to use with most computers.
    thanks Middbrew, I was using a new thumbdrive and it took me by surprise! You are most correct all files transferred perfectly and are editable in Excel. thanks again
    03-10-12 05:40 PM
    Morning all,

Well I finally took the plunge and upgraded my great 9650 to the 9930. Even an old puppy like me can learn something new. Since I was still using OS5 on my 9650 this OS7 is simply....WOW!!!!! I spent almost all of Saturday afternoon and evening getting everything set up the way I wanted it. My eyes were so tired and I couldn't see straight by midnight. Needless to say if I don't take my dog for a hike this afternoon...she will kill me.

Lovin everything about this 9930. The touch screen is wonderful and that keyboard is amazing!! The Verizon rep at the store set up my email's.....BB ID and my PayPal account. Everything went so smoothly. In fact the Verizon rep was using the BB Curve for his own personal phone.

I want to thank JayDee for all the help and support she gave me yesterday thru BBM and a phone call. You made things so much easier! Bless you JayDee!!!!!!

I just ordered the Blackberry Hard Shell case in black and the BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle. Should be here by Wednesday.

Ok....done rambling for now. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
    03-11-12 08:00 AM
    Morning all,

Well I finally took the plunge and upgraded my great 9650 to the 9930. Even an old puppy like me can learn something new. Since I was still using OS5 on my 9650 this OS7 is simply....WOW!!!!! I spent almost all of Saturday afternoon and evening getting everything set up the way I wanted it. My eyes were so tired and I couldn't see straight by midnight. Needless to say if I don't take my dog for a hike this afternoon...she will kill me.

Lovin everything about this 9930. The touch screen is wonderful and that keyboard is amazing!! The Verizon rep at the store set up my email's.....BB ID and my PayPal account. Everything went so smoothly. In fact the Verizon rep was using the BB Curve for his own personal phone.

I want to thank JayDee for all the help and support she gave me yesterday thru BBM and a phone call. You made things so much easier! Bless you JayDee!!!!!!

I just ordered the Blackberry Hard Shell case in black and the BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle. Should be here by Wednesday.

Woohoo!!!!! Congrats, Ellie!! It's a superb device, and coming from OS5 even more
    LOL...
    Now start, loading up some of those themes!!
    Mojave likes this.
    03-11-12 08:04 AM
    Morning all,

Congrats Ellie!!
    Even though some of us have newer devices, we still love the 9650 like you do and we will keep rambling!!
    Come back anytime for questions!!! We have a panel of experts!
    Mojave likes this.
    03-11-12 08:07 AM
    Morning all,

Congrats on getting the 9930! It's a great device. Enjoy!
    Mojave likes this.
    03-11-12 09:24 AM
    My wife has had her 9930 since VZW released it and can't think of anything that she doesn't like about it. Same for me with mine in November. Functionally, it is very similar, but it sure does those functions a lot better.

In a few weeks (or even days) you'll wonder how you got by with the 9650 and OS5. It performs that much better.

Congrats. I'm sure that you'll like yours as much as those of us who have upgraded ours.
    Mojave likes this.
    03-11-12 09:56 AM
    Hi Ramblers,

I have a question. I have two email address set up on my new 9930. My main (default) email is lets say A and my second email is B. I use Outlook. Now why would all my calendar appointments show up under my email address B and not under my default email A? I don't want any calendar appointments under email B.

Now under service books I am showing a CICAL and a CMIME for email A and also for email B. I don't want to delete something and screw up my new 9930. I never had this issue on my 9650. I hope I am explaining this correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-11-12 06:47 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

I have a question. I have two email address set up on my new 9930. My main (default) email is lets say A and my second email is B. I use Outlook. Now why would all my calendar appointments show up under my email address B and not under my default email A? I don't want any calendar appointments under email B.

Now under service books I am showing a CICAL and a CMIME for email A and also for email B. I don't want to delete something and screw up my new 9930. I never had this issue on my 9650. I hope I am explaining this correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just like on your 9650, you have to select a default calendar for your 9930. Hit OPTIONS, then type DEFAULT to find DEFAULT SERVICES. Select the calendar that you want to be your default and exit.

Now, open your calendar and hit OPTIONS. Scroll down to find the calendar that you want to use as your default. Now type MOVE (all caps). When you are asked if you want to move all the base system appointments to EMAIL A, click YES.

The next time that you sync with Outlook, you'll be notified that you have changed the default calendar and you'll have the option to use the old default. Answer appropriately and you'll be good to go.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-11-12 09:36 PM
    Thanks for your question Mojave and your answer, Underway. I went and took a look at my things and found a few spots where I could delete all my work contact emails from showing up in my phone contact list. Yay! I would have never pursued unless either of you mentioned the things you did!

Thanks!!
    03-12-12 06:22 AM
    Hi Underway,

Thank you for your answer. Problem is.....on the third step....."the next time that you sync with Outlook, you'll be notified that you have changed the default calendar and you'll have the option to use the old default. Answer appropriately and you'll be good to go."
    When I went to sync today I was NEVER NOTIFIED that I have changed the default calendar. I have only 5 items in my DEFAULT calendar A and 74 in my other calendar B.

I followed all your steps to the letter. What did I miss??? Thank you!
    Last edited by Mojave; 03-12-12 at 05:02 PM.
    03-12-12 02:06 PM
    Hiya Ramblers!
    Happy Pi Day!
    That's right! If you are a mathematician (or a teacher) you are well aware of Pi Day!
    Elizabeth made a fantastic wallpaper for our phones and when I came to work at my high school, I showed it to one of the Math teachers. She wanted a copy so I forwarded it to her and she sent it to the ENTIRE department. Our teachers do a bell-ringer activity on the smartboard right at the beginning of class, and today...all the Math students are looking at Elizabeth's Pi wallpaper and talking about it!

Woo Hoo Thanks Elizabeth! You made me important too as I get credit for sending the pic along! We are both very famous here!!!

PS Guys, forgive the ss, please!
    03-14-12 08:13 AM
    Hiya Ramblers!
    Happy Pi Day!
    That's right! If you are a mathematician (or a teacher) you are well aware of Pi Day!
    Elizabeth made a fantastic wallpaper for our phones and when I came to work at my high school, I showed it to one of the Math teachers. She wanted a copy so I forwarded it to her and she sent it to the ENTIRE department. Our teachers do a bell-ringer activity on the smartboard right at the beginning of class, and today...all the Math students are looking at Elizabeth's Pi wallpaper and talking about it!

Woo Hoo Thanks Elizabeth! You made me important too as I get credit for sending the pic along! We are both very famous here!!!

Click to view quoted image

PS Guys, forgive the ss, please!
    OMG how cool is that! I told my son who is a Bioeng major about the wallpaper and he chuckled...so will have to revisit the topic with him! LOL
    03-14-12 10:04 AM
    Well then, Happy 3.141592653598793238462643383.............. Day
    03-14-12 10:29 AM
    Good morning all, except those for whom it is Good afternoon or good evening.

Okay, Jaydee is the THEME expert but you may all chime in...

Will there actually be interesting/complex themes for OS7 devices? Or has rim or whomever develops that theme building appliance given up on OS7?

I know there are some rudimentary themes out there but I would like to see some of the old faithfuls ported to this os/phone.

I know folks back there are getting Spring, but we had snow flurries yesterday and folks around our "Lake" are getting snow affect snow of inches today at sealevel. Our "lake" is the Hood Canal area which is west of Puget Sound. Obviously, the mts are getting hammered.
    03-14-12 12:09 PM
    Hi F2,

Good question. I also would like to know what RIM is doing on TB7? I've been checking CB and still haven't heard anything. They kind of left us hanging on themes for OS7. Would be nice for a yes or no answer from RIM.
    03-14-12 02:05 PM
    How are the Ramblers doing? Work is about to KILL me. Any word on when the new BlackBerry is coming out?

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    03-16-12 07:05 PM
    How are the Ramblers doing? Work is about to KILL me. Any word on when the new BlackBerry is coming out?

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    Sometime in the 4th quarter is the word on the street.
    03-19-12 09:32 AM
    Sometime in the 4th quarter is the word on the street.
    So glad I didn't wait for that. The 9930 is so much better than my 9650. Never thought I'd say it, but it does figure that it would be better. Can't see myself doing without this one.
    03-19-12 09:39 AM
    So glad I didn't wait for that. The 9930 is so much better than my 9650. Never thought I'd say it, but it does figure that it would be better. Can't see myself doing without this one.
    You and me both Jaydee!!! Lovin my 9930!! But there still is a special place in my heart for my beloved 9650.
    03-19-12 02:41 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

I'm hoping one of you might give me some advise on this. On my 9930 OS 7.1.0.163. under Options>Advanced System Settings>Blackberry Device Analyzer. When I click onto the Blackberry Device Analyzer I get this "Blackberry Device Analyzer Software License Acknowledgment" I read thru it but not sure what it all means. At the end of the acknowledgment you can "I agree" OR " I do not agree".

Is it safe and ok to agree to this or not? Thanks!
    03-19-12 04:31 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

I'm hoping one of you might give me some advise on this. On my 9930 OS 7.1.0.163. under Options>Advanced System Settings>Blackberry Device Analyzer. When I click onto the Blackberry Device Analyzer I get this "Blackberry Device Analyzer Software License Acknowledgment" I read thru it but not sure what it all means. At the end of the acknowledgment you can "I agree" OR " I do not agree".

Yes it's safe. I haven't used the device analyzer yet. But it's a valuable tool to have to analyze your device. You can test the battery, check email issues and overall responsiveness of the device.
    Mojave likes this.
    03-19-12 06:03 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

Wait! You actually READ the agreements?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-19-12 06:16 PM
    Wait! You actually READ the agreements?

You are sooooooo funny Jaydee!!!!!! Yes.....even at my old age I can still see enough to read!!!!!
    03-19-12 06:24 PM
    Bwahahahaha!!!! That's funny Jaydee

Ellie, I use device analyzer all the time...its' a great tool.
    jaydee5799 and Mojave like this.
    03-19-12 06:42 PM
    You are sooooooo funny Jaydee!!!!!! Yes.....even at my old age I can still see enough to read!!!!!
    Only teasing you Ellie! You're a good sport. Im so trusting, I always say yes without reading any of that cra*. LOL

But prince is right. The Battery Analyzer do-thingy is very useful. I used it to find out about my battery usage. There's nothing to help my loss of memory............................................ .............
    03-19-12 06:45 PM
23,186 ... 709710711712713 ...