You'be likely checked this, but are all the radios secured? If it is something trying to communicate, it won't if the radios are off.

You could also try booting into safe mode to isolate to OS / hardware or an app. It's possible that your battery may have just given up, too. I've had batteries fail suddenly without any indication. Of course, that's when I don't have a spare with me. Go figure.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-03-12 at 10:32 AM.
    03-03-12 10:28 AM
    You'be likely checked this, but are all the radios secured? If it is something trying to communicate, it won't if the radios are off.

You could also try booting into safe mode to isolate to OS / hardware or an app. It's possible that your battery may have just given up, too. I've had batteries fail suddenly without any indication. Of course, that's when I don't have a spare with me. Go figure.
    I have heard of SAFE MODE - how do you do it again - 9650.
    03-03-12 02:17 PM
    I have heard of SAFE MODE - how do you do it again - 9650.
    Hold down the menu key (bb key) while you boot.
    03-03-12 02:32 PM
    Hold down the menu key (bb key) while you boot.
    At what point? My 9650 still takes 12 minutes to boot. My fingers would be paralyzed if I had to press Menu that long!
    03-03-12 03:25 PM
    At what point? My 9650 still takes 12 minutes to boot. My fingers would be paralyzed if I had to press Menu that long!
    Christ. What the heck? My 9650 never took that long!!
    Oh hey, you have crappy old OS5.
    HAHA have fun. You have to hold it for a while. Ask Underway how long.
    03-03-12 03:34 PM
    HEY, UNDERWAY - how long do you hold the MENU key during reboot for Safe Mode? Mine takes 12 minutes. I guess I could find a clamp/vise in the basement and tighten it!!!!!
    03-03-12 03:50 PM
    03-03-12 05:00 PM
    Yay! Underway to the rescue!
    I would have your fingers fall off F2 pressing the wrong key and then you'd have to do it again!

You'd need thumb implants!!!!
    Hope it works!
    03-03-12 05:11 PM
    Jaydee - I will never be able to press a shutter button again and it is YOUR fault!

Underway, THANKS so much. A mere few seconds, maybe a bit more. Interesting though, even in Safe Mode it took forever to boot up. I would have thought it would skip all WHATEVER and be swift. I do wonder what it is doing? Could me my sdcard or maybe even the simcard (I'm not sure I ever even looked at it). Now, I will see what the battery does.

Be back.....
    03-03-12 08:04 PM
    Jaydee - I will never be able to press a shutter button again and it is YOUR fault!
    Nonsense! You have 8 other fingers to use to press the shutter button!
    Buck up there F2 and be a man about it!

Glad you are getting to see what's wrong with your phone.
    03-03-12 08:23 PM
    Nonsense! You have 8 other fingers to use to press the shutter button!
    Buck up there F2 and be a man about it!

Glad you are getting to see what's wrong with your phone.
    Oh, spunky. You must be sitting there with a gun and tonic ready for any battles!

Speaking of tonic - boy, what a disaster! My kitchen may not recover. First, on Weds, I managed to drop a large Costo sized jar of Kalamata Olives. Jar did not break but brown briny solution nearly everywhere. Mopped it up. Last night opening a new bottle of tonic water. It has been sitting in place since morning. I turned its cap - explosion. Tonic water spewed everywhere including me. At least a 1/3 of the bottle gushed out. What a STICKY MESS. It managed to get out into the dining room, all over the kitchen - all oak wood floors. I mopped and moped and could not really get it up. This morning, moved out the stools (sticky) and the center work table and down on hands and knees washing it. What fun. So I've "manned" it up enough for one day! Hmm, time for a gun and tonic!

So go shove-L snow and leave me alone!
    03-03-12 09:00 PM
    Oh, spunky. You must be sitting there with a gun and tonic ready for any battles!

Speaking of tonic - boy, what a disaster! My kitchen may not recover. First, on Weds, I managed to drop a large Costo sized jar of Kalamata Olives. Jar did not break but brown briny solution nearly everywhere. Mopped it up. Last night opening a new bottle of tonic water. It has been sitting in place since morning. I turned its cap - explosion. Tonic water spewed everywhere including me. At least a 1/3 of the bottle gushed out. What a STICKY MESS. It managed to get out into the dining room, all over the kitchen - all oak wood floors. I mopped and moped and could not really get it up. This morning, moved out the stools (sticky) and the center work table and down on hands and knees washing it. What fun. So I've "manned" it up enough for one day! Hmm, time for a gun and tonic!

So go shove-L snow and leave me alone!
    F2 You have me rolling on the floor in laughter!
    I can just picture you (although I don't know what you look like) on your hands and knees cleaning up a mess like that. Sticky is the worst. and believe me, with 4 cats (males) running around my house, I know what messes are! They eat all OVER the kitchen! The floor is constantly sticky with everything from paw prints, to food droppings, to furballs to whatever. Sheesh!

Sorry you had such a mess...Did you manage to save the olives? I would have eaten them off the floor!!!!!
    03-04-12 07:07 AM
    F2 You have me rolling on the floor in laughter!
    I can just picture you (although I don't know what you look like) on your hands and knees cleaning up a mess like that. Sticky is the worst. and believe me, with 4 cats (males) running around my house, I know what messes are! They eat all OVER the kitchen! The floor is constantly sticky with everything from paw prints, to food droppings, to furballs to whatever. Sheesh!

Sorry you had such a mess...Did you manage to save the olives? I would have eaten them off the floor!!!!!
    I did manage to save about ten olives that did not spill on the floor. About 20 or so went to the compost bin! Luckily the jar was not full of olives but unluckily, it was still filled with liquid. And that cleaned up easier than the sticky. Running shoes, making the "stuck to floor" sound as I walked around. Could not move without STICK, STICK.....

There use to be two cats but they would have scattered and not been seen for hours - both very shy/skittish. Unfortunately one of those came home to rest this very week - buried in my back yard. She and her brother would have been 16 in a few months. He's still doing okay.

Back to messes, hate eggs on the floor also, there's no cleaning them up!

Well, I'm trying to psyche myself for a hike....
    03-04-12 09:16 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!
    Anyone know if F2 got himself unstuck from his kitchen floor enuf to go hiking???

Elizabeth has done it again! She has the Rambler wallie for St Patrick's Day. I know you frown on ss in here, but guys, I gotta do it. Oh and if anyone wants the wallie, pm me or hit me up on bbm!!! I have the 9930 size and the 9650 size. And Hamster has the Torch size, I believe.

Have a great day guys and gals!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-06-12 at 06:28 AM.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:25 AM
    Morning! Yep, Elizabeth has done it again! Its' fab And yes I have the Torch
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:42 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!
    Anyone know if F2 got himself unstuck from his kitchen floor enuf to go hiking???

"help me I'm shrinking..." Oh, wait, that's the wrong plot! I'm unstuck but it was raining so I passed. Does not take much to dissuade me.

Sunny now and I do plan a bike ride if it gets above 40F. But once again, surrounding areas got 1-2inches of snow. Been like that now for about a week.

Hope is all well out there in Essex and not-so-essex land these days.
    03-06-12 12:25 PM
    Happy Birthday to me. I'm almost as old as Jaydee.

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    03-07-12 06:27 PM

Buford....where the he-ll have you been???
    Happy Birthday!!! No one is as old as me...only dirt!

Hope it was a happy one!!!!
    03-07-12 06:37 PM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

Elizabeth has done it again! She has the Rambler wallie for St Patrick's Day. I know you frown on ss in here, but guys, I gotta do it. Oh and if anyone wants the wallie, pm me or hit me up on bbm!!! I have the 9930 size and the 9650 size. And Hamster has the Torch size, I believe.

Click to view quoted image

I forget -- who's the one with the dyed red hair? The one being checked out AGAIN? If you really look at his eyes, it almost looks like they move down to sneak a peek...
    03-07-12 06:47 PM

It was. Thanks

03-07-12 06:58 PM
    So now that you're 21 and of legal age Buford, what's on tap for the weekend?

Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-08-12 at 07:35 AM.
    03-08-12 06:30 AM
    I forget -- who's the one with the dyed red hair? The one being checked out AGAIN? If you really look at his eyes, it almost looks like they move down to sneak a peek...
    I have bionic eyes and boob-radar!

Click to view quoted image

Happy birthday!!!!
    03-08-12 09:39 AM
    I have bionic eyes and boob-radar!

03-08-12 09:40 AM
    Hi All!
    Love the comments of the new wallpaper!!
    I need a little advise.
    File question not related to Blackberrys. Got a new memory stick and tried to copy/paste large quantity of excel files which contain some images and I get a popup...hate those...declaring something to the effect 'nice try but we are not going to send the properties along with your files' of course I have altered the message to suit my predicament. If I change the properties of the thumb drive to NTFS from FAT will everyone be happy??

Elizabeth
    03-08-12 01:41 PM

Happy Birthday man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All!
    Love the comments of the new wallpaper!!
    I need a little advise.
    File question not related to Blackberrys. Got a new memory stick and tried to copy/paste large quantity of excel files which contain some images and I get a popup...hate those...declaring something to the effect 'nice try but we are not going to send the properties along with your files' of course I have altered the message to suit my predicament. If I change the properties of the thumb drive to NTFS from FAT will everyone be happy??

Elizabeth
    First off, great work on the ramblers pic!

Second, I have had files state that some of the properties will not transfer over to the flash/thumb drive. The portion of the file not going over isn't that important and shouldn't affect the accessibility or function of the excel file. I wouldn't reformat the drive to NTFS if it were me. FAT is a quicker and easier format to use with most computers.
    03-08-12 05:02 PM
23,186 ... 708709710711712 ...