N! No screenies!
    At least not until TB7 comes out and then only in the appropriate area.

10 chars
    02-23-12 02:59 PM
    I'm curious is 267 a Sprint release? Just wondering, I don't remember seeing much about it.
    02-23-12 11:16 PM
    Did you install 267 prince? It seems to work well for me except some rogue screen flips. But I think I accidently touch the screen and that's what makes the screen move! Still getting used to the ts. But I love it...in moderation. I mean I'm glad I have a keyboard to type!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 04:30 AM
    Did you install 267 prince? It seems to work well for me except some rogue screen flips. But I think I accidently touch the screen and that's what makes the screen move! Still getting used to the ts. But I love it...in moderation. I mean I'm glad I have a keyboard to type!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    No I'm still running 163. I might give 267 a shot next week. I agree about the touchscreen, I find myself using it more than I thought I would. The ts and the keyboard combo is a killer.
    02-24-12 06:45 AM
    What's this battery saver feature in 267 I keep reading about?
    02-24-12 07:55 AM
    I'm curious is 267 a Sprint release? Just wondering, I don't remember seeing much about it.
    No, http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-698223/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-24-12 at 08:51 AM.
    02-24-12 08:40 AM
    pcgizmo
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Now that's not very snarky.
    02-24-12 11:28 AM
    pcgizmo Click to view quoted image

CrackBerry Ph.D.

Now that's not very snarky.
    Hey, I've caused my fair share of trouble this week, believe me. Another infraction, about a dozen posts yanked, and as many mod PM's to boot.

Besides, the Ph.D. implies that I'm smartest one here, how's that not snarky!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-24-12 at 12:06 PM.
    mrweller, cbreze and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-24-12 11:42 AM
    Hey, I've caused my fair share of trouble this week, believe me. Another infraction, about a dozen posts yanked, and as many mod PM's to boot.

Besides, the Ph.D. implies that I'm smartest one here, how's that not snarky!
    I like it Paul, it is very snarkish of you! By the way, does this make you a doctor here too?
    02-25-12 11:21 AM
    What's this battery saver feature in 267 I keep reading about?
    I dunno but nothings saving MY battery!
    LMAO

But on another note, I LOVE this phone!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Best part? The media card and all 8000 wallpapers are ready right after I reboot...Like three minutes after. NOT 2 HOURS like before with OS6!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-25-12 at 01:41 PM.
    02-25-12 01:36 PM
    I dunno but nothings saving MY battery!
    LMAO

But on another note, I LOVE this phone!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Best part? The media card and all 8000 wallpapers are ready right after I reboot...Like three minutes after. NOT 2 HOURS like before with OS6!
    Hi JayDee,

So.....how long is your battery lasting before you have to charge it?
    02-25-12 03:25 PM
    Mojave- had to tell! I notice it dropping pretty fast and then I plop it on the charger. So I don't know how long it would last without stopping to charge. I will find out when I go back to work. And then I will let you know.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-26-12 at 06:26 AM.
    Mojave likes this.
    02-25-12 03:32 PM
    JayDee, I had all kinds of trouble with both 7.1s. Recall that I kept dropping back to 374 (the really good 7.0 release) to get my power under control.

I have to tell you -- the third time for 267 has been great. With my normal usage, I am down to under 2% DPH. A heavy-drain day for me gives me a DPH under 5%. By heavy, I mean lots of telephone calls (remember those?), BT is on (but not always connected), WiFi on, screen brightness at 20%, and berryWeather polling hourly. I do lots of BBM and some email, but I don't use the social media apps or even load my SocialScope.

I'll tell you to keep plugging away at 7.1. Reload it several times until you get a really good install. This OS is worth it.

BTW, my 9930 charges much better if I skip the charging pod and go direct. The pod has gone back into a drawer with the other unused phone accessories.
    02-25-12 09:44 PM
    JayDee, I had all kinds of trouble with both 7.1s. Recall that I kept dropping back to 374 (the really good 7.0 release) to get my power under control.

I have to tell you -- the third time for 267 has been great. With my normal usage, I am down to under 2% DPH. A heavy-drain day for me gives me a DPH under 5%. By heavy, I mean lots of telephone calls (remember those?), BT is on (but not always connected), WiFi on, screen brightness at 20%, and berryWeather polling hourly. I do lots of BBM and some email, but I don't use the social media apps or even load my SocialScope.

I'll tell you to keep plugging away at 7.1. Reload it several times until you get a really good install. This OS is worth it.

BTW, my 9930 charges much better if I skip the charging pod and go direct. The pod has gone back into a drawer with the other unused phone accessories.

Thanks for the advice Underway. I just don't know if I am up to re-doing the OS right away. Might try it this week at work and see. If I have to reload, at least all my apps are installed and working!

As for the pod, terrible design but its functional. I also have a second battery for those long shopping trips. And now that the web browser is so fast, I find myself using it all the time. Like last night at a family party, to settle a dispute, I whipped out the phone, googled it up and well.... I would have never done that before because of the painfully slow browser. Pinch and zoom and I could read it too without my glasses. What I always wanted in a phone! So I suspect my heavy bbm, streaming radio, podcast, email and phone call use just increased by web use!

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 06:34 AM
    prince, the battery saver mode is a new feature in the new leaks that allows you to set a level at which your bb will go into batt saving mode...you can set it to start at whatever percentage you want, or leave it always on. It basically will set the settings to optimize battery life. It's in options - device.

Now, one of the guys from osbb tried an experiment with his battery and others have followed suit and found great results. He basically states that charging from laptop on a slower charge once in awhile to recondition the battery will provide longer lasting battery life (something to do with the circuitry on the battery). Drain the battery completely, then charge the bb via usb port on your laptop. He's seeing BDH of 1% or so with regular usage.

So, I tried it last night (let me tell you , actually wanting my battery to die was a new concept and actually took a lot longer than expected, lol)

I will see if this has improved anything for me in the next cpl of days.
    02-26-12 07:39 AM
    Hamster, and anyone else who uses PhotoBucket:
    I have reached my limit in one album. So I created another album but don't know how to have my zona snap pics sent there. Did you ever have to change that set up??

I'm stuck.. Went to PB no luck. Can't find the choice in zona.
    02-26-12 08:01 AM
    Hamster, and anyone else who uses PhotoBucket:
    I have reached my limit in one album. So I created another album but don't know how to have my zona snap pics sent there. Did you ever have to change that set up??

I'm stuck.. Went to PB no luck. Can't find the choice in zona.
    No, I haven't had to do that yet. I suspect it has something to do with mobile album and mobile pin. I wonder if you change that? I'm not sure though.
    I will try and see if I can find out.
    02-26-12 08:27 AM
    I created a new account using a different email address and changed the info on zona.
    All is ok now. But that's weird I couldn't keep using my other account....
    Haven't figured out why it says unlimited storage and there IS a limit to each album. And if I move things then none of the photos will show up in the forums where I've linked them. Weird.
    02-26-12 08:49 AM
    prince, the battery saver mode is a new feature in the new leaks that allows you to set a level at which your bb will go into batt saving mode...you can set it to start at whatever percentage you want, or leave it always on. It basically will set the settings to optimize battery life. It's in options - device.

Now, one of the guys from osbb tried an experiment with his battery and others have followed suit and found great results. He basically states that charging from laptop on a slower charge once in awhile to recondition the battery will provide longer lasting battery life (something to do with the circuitry on the battery). Drain the battery completely, then charge the bb via usb port on your laptop. He's seeing BDH of 1% or so with regular usage.

So, I tried it last night (let me tell you , actually wanting my battery to die was a new concept and actually took a lot longer than expected, lol)

I will see if this has improved anything for me in the next cpl of days.
    You also get the slower charge with the charging pod when it's connected directly to the wall charger.

If you use MeterBerry, I've noticed that MB doesn't reset the battery discharge rate if you use the charging pod. Charging with the wall charger or connected to the USB port does reset the DPH. Weird.
    02-26-12 11:59 AM
    You also get the slower charge with the charging pod when it's connected directly to the wall charger.

If you use MeterBerry, I've noticed that MB doesn't reset the battery discharge rate if you use the charging pod. Charging with the wall charger or connected to the USB port does reset the DPH. Weird.
    I thought about the charging pod also, but mine hasn't arrived yet...so will also test it out with that. DPH is always different between BB Meter (which I use) and Device Analyzer for me. BB Meter is almost always higher. Which do you think is more accurate?
    02-26-12 12:20 PM
    I'm not sure that the tool matters, just that you consistently use the same one. The DPH from either app (BBMeter or Device Analyzer or MB) will likely be similar but not be a dead match. I'd pick one and go with it. Remember that while you're looking at power levels, you're also looking for trends. You'll see that with any of the tools.

I'm personally moving toward using MB for the notification bar icon, and using Device Analyzer for the details. You can see the data broken down much better there, rather than just looking at the numbers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-26-12 at 04:48 PM.
    02-26-12 01:02 PM
    Hi Ramblers!

Its been a while since I posted here, hows everyone doing? I havent had a lot of time for blackberry lately as i`ve been putting most of my spare time into an android tablet project which is finally slowing down enough for me to get back to BB development. I'm looking forward to it as programming Droid has left me longing to get back to BB Java.

On the subject of 7.1 and battery life, I've found the blackberry device analyser tool to be really good for pinpointing what apps are eating up my battery.

Russ.
    02-26-12 05:19 PM
    Hi Ramblers!

Its been a while since I posted here, hows everyone doing? I havent had a lot of time for blackberry lately as i`ve been putting most of my spare time into an android tablet project which is finally slowing down enough for me to get back to BB development. I'm looking forward to it as programming Droid has left me longing to get back to BB Java.

On the subject of 7.1 and battery life, I've found the blackberry device analyser tool to be really good for pinpointing what apps are eating up my battery.

Russ.
    Hi Russ!
    Good to see you around.We are all glad to hear you will be spending time on BB apps again. Good to have you back.
    02-26-12 05:29 PM
    Ok, there are people on the 9900/9930 thread complaining about crooked track pads.
    Holy cow!!!
    How many years we been laughing about that? I just posted about mine being crooked and from Mexico, too. (It is, on both counts)

I forgot to mention that in the sun, the track pad looks purple. Do you think that's ok?
    mssca likes this.
    02-27-12 06:29 PM
    Ok, there are people on the 9900/9930 thread complaining about crooked track pads.
    Holy cow!!!
    How many years we been laughing about that? I just posted about mine being crooked and from Mexico, too. (It is, on both counts)

I forgot to mention that in the sun, the track pad looks purple. Do you think that's ok?
    I posted a comment on the other thread as well. I found this thread from your signature. It's all about money you spend on the "premium grade" "high end" phone.
    02-27-12 07:44 PM
23,186 ... 706707708709710 ...