Actually, on the latest version of bb hybrids tool, it is a selection. I know because I made a point not to select it. Its where bb protect, maps etc is.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Good enough. I'm still using v2.4.
    02-22-12 10:25 PM
    Lol Jaydee, you will be. Surprised. It tells me my batt is draining at a much lower rate than bb meter does. I average about 3% which is not bad at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I was getting between 10 and 11% with both 7.1 OS. I reloaded 374 and I'm back to 2-3%. I'm toying with trying 267 yet again, but mine runs so well on 374 that I'm not sure it's worth messing with it.

EDIT: NVM. I talked myself into it again. I hope I don't have a long night of downgrading again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-22-12 at 10:57 PM.
    02-22-12 10:28 PM
    I also lost Tapatalk. Downloaded the beta but since my pin changed, can't open the icon. Did a couple reboots and still no opening the icon. Wrote to everyAppmobile and will see if I can still be in the trial or not. If not I will have to buy it tomorrow as well. Whew. Got a lot to do still.
    I'm still using the 1.372 version that I had on my 9650. It works well. I inquired about the beta months ago but heard nothing.
    02-22-12 10:29 PM
    Good Morning Ramblers!
    I'm up early with my new phone. It works like a dream on the web and is extremely fast overall. I am very happy.

I asked Mobi to swap my pin and create new codes for me but alas, that hasn't happened yet. I do have a number of apps on my phone in working order, so that's a relief.I am going to load up on the apps and see how it runs.

The mystery of BlackBerry Device Analyzer is solved: I shrunk it out somehow, even tho I thought I chose to keep it since so many people told me about it. Ah well, we will see how the battery lasts with 267 and if all else fails, I will go back to the 163 official and add back the analyzer. Or can someone remind me how to go back and add it back thru apploader?

I set up BlackBerry News because I like an RSS reader and it seems to work well. Time will tell if I keep it but I think yes.

Got an icon in the media panel and can't seem to move it ut of there. Why do these OSes not make things intuitive? I tried move and it won't move across panels. If I hide it, then I can't find it to move. if I highlight it, I don't get the choice to move to folder.....bizarre. It's SocialScope and I have no idea why it would be behaving that way.. Ah well the niggling errors.

Tapatalk is still a mystery. It won't open. I did download the test version. I will give it another few hours and then I'm gonna go get a copy from somewhere that most likely i will have to pay for...

Speaking of pay. I didn't tell most of you about my story of how Marty (my phone) got to me. I ordered on Sunday and got a great deal, right? 119. then it arrived yesterday and it was a pre-owned device. Yup! That's why it was such a great deal. Now, I know I am a lot of things, (crazy, loud, too talkative, funny, annoying, emotional, etc) but I am NOT STUPID. The CS from VZW NEVER mentioned pre-owned to me on the phone. So when I opened the package and saw pre-owned, I immediately asked Paul what to do. Call *611 he said right away and don't open anything!

I did and unloaded on the poor woman who answered. She said it was there in the call record that the agent had discussed the pre-owned device with me. I said to her, Wouldn't he had to have used the words pre-owned, certified, previously owned, or used? Those words were never a part of our conversation! I told her to note it on the record as well! So she said I could drive to the nearest VZW store, exchange my used phone for a new one and they would send the old one back. Oh and I will be charged a 35 dollar restocking fee! I said well YOU are eating that fee. This wasn't my mistake. The CS who sold it to me had to say HIS DAD had a Blackberry, that's how little respect I got!

So to shut me up, she apologized and said I would be credited the fee but would be paying 229 (the price of the phone) minus my 30 NE2 so total 199. I said I understood but wasn't really going to pull the trigger on a move except that I got such a good price on Sunday.

Drove to the store and got a CS there who has actually USED a Storm and Storm2 and LOVED them and is using a 9930 as his work phone. He was respectful, patient and knowledgeable. (I am writing to his manager today to let them know). He set me up and now I have a brand new 9930. Oh and I got it for 169 so there was another discount applied there somehow.

So herein ends the long story of how Marty, the party berry, came to be at JayDee's house. I want to publicly thank Zaiby and Paul for answering my 100 phone calls yesterday with questions every step of the way, and frenetic texts, even though they were both busy. I appreciate the help!! Love you guys!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-23-12 at 06:12 AM.
    02-23-12 06:09 AM
    Paul or Peter or Keith,
    Does the 9930 have the device analyzer? I can't find it and I don't think I shrunk it out...
    From the homescreen type "device" into the universal search, then click on options, should be the third entry in the list.

I musta shrunk it out. Can't find it using uni search either. When I go to app Management I see CPU usage and time usage. That's it. And what's installed. Hmmm
    Doh! You do know I shredded someone on here for doing something very similar, right? Shocking, I know!

I went to App World at purchased the new version of QL 4.2 for OS7. I think it was $3.99.
    I bought this for my 9650 way back in 2010. Wasn't impressed enough to pay for it twice. I never really found it all that amazing in the first place.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-23-12 at 07:04 AM.
    02-23-12 06:52 AM
    Message truncated due to size lol
    I'm glad you got situated with a new device. And you got it for $169! Just watch your next bill to make sure you don't get hit with that restock fee.

You can call, text, BBM anytime! You don't have to thank me, that's what the Ramblers do for each other: help! Always my pleasure!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:59 AM
    I use Vlingo, which I got for free from RIM last year. It uses a convenience key. Now with only one key available...dang! I always keep QL on a convenience key and find myself clicking it a hundred times a day to multi-task. So what do I do with Vlingo?

Multiple clicks??
    02-23-12 07:07 AM
    Good enough. I'm still using v2.4.
    I stumbled upon it while I was reading about the latest leak. It seems to have been optimized for use with OS7.1. Also disables you from shrinking out latin language because apparently that will cause major issues if you do.

I was getting between 10 and 11% with both 7.1 OS. I reloaded 374 and I'm back to 2-3%. I'm toying with trying 267 yet again, but mine runs so well on 374 that I'm not sure it's worth messing with it.

EDIT: NVM. I talked myself into it again. I hope I don't have a long night of downgrading again tomorrow.
    I have yet to load the latest leak for mine which is .258. I'm on .205 which is running great tho radio could be better. I'm tempted to just try the new one to see if it will be any better. Lol. we are never satisified us Ramblers

Good Morning Ramblers!
    I'm up early with my new phone. It works like a dream on the web and is extremely fast overall. I am very happy.

I asked Mobi to swap my pin and create new codes for me but alas, that hasn't happened yet. I do have a number of apps on my phone in working order, so that's a relief.I am going to load up on the apps and see how it runs.

The mystery of BlackBerry Device Analyzer is solved: I shrunk it out somehow, even tho I thought I chose to keep it since so many people told me about it. Ah well, we will see how the battery lasts with 267 and if all else fails, I will go back to the 163 official and add back the analyzer. Or can someone remind me how to go back and add it back thru apploader?

I set up BlackBerry News because I like an RSS reader and it seems to work well. Time will tell if I keep it but I think yes.

Got an icon in the media panel and can't seem to move it ut of there. Why do these OSes not make things intuitive? I tried move and it won't move across panels. If I hide it, then I can't find it to move. if I highlight it, I don't get the choice to move to folder.....bizarre. It's SocialScope and I have no idea why it would be behaving that way.. Ah well the niggling errors.

Tapatalk is still a mystery. It won't open. I did download the test version. I will give it another few hours and then I'm gonna go get a copy from somewhere that most likely i will have to pay for...

Speaking of pay. I didn't tell most of you about my story of how Marty (my phone) got to me. I ordered on Sunday and got a great deal, right? 119. then it arrived yesterday and it was a pre-owned device. Yup! That's why it was such a great deal. Now, I know I am a lot of things, (crazy, loud, too talkative, funny, annoying, emotional, etc) but I am NOT STUPID. The CS from VZW NEVER mentioned pre-owned to me on the phone. So when I opened the package and saw pre-owned, I immediately asked Paul what to do. Call *611 he said right away and don't open anything!

I did and unloaded on the poor woman who answered. She said it was there in the call record that the agent had discussed the pre-owned device with me. I said to her, Wouldn't he had to have used the words pre-owned, certified, previously owned, or used? Those words were never a part of our conversation! I told her to note it on the record as well! So she said I could drive to the nearest VZW store, exchange my used phone for a new one and they would send the old one back. Oh and I will be charged a 35 dollar restocking fee! I said well YOU are eating that fee. This wasn't my mistake. The CS who sold it to me had to say HIS DAD had a Blackberry, that's how little respect I got!

So to shut me up, she apologized and said I would be credited the fee but would be paying 229 (the price of the phone) minus my 30 NE2 so total 199. I said I understood but wasn't really going to pull the trigger on a move except that I got such a good price on Sunday.

Drove to the store and got a CS there who has actually USED a Storm and Storm2 and LOVED them and is using a 9930 as his work phone. He was respectful, patient and knowledgeable. (I am writing to his manager today to let them know). He set me up and now I have a brand new 9930. Oh and I got it for 169 so there was another discount applied there somehow.

So herein ends the long story of how Marty, the party berry, came to be at JayDee's house. I want to publicly thank Zaiby and Paul for answering my 100 phone calls yesterday with questions every step of the way, and frenetic texts, even though they were both busy. I appreciate the help!! Love you guys!
    I'm just happy it all worked out in the end. I'm glad you are loving Marty. We all told you you would And no need for thanks...Like Paul said...Anytime
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:08 AM
    I use Vlingo, which I got for free from RIM last year. It uses a convenience key. Now with only one key available...dang! I always keep QL on a convenience key and find myself clicking it a hundred times a day to multi-task. So what do I do with Vlingo?

Multiple clicks??
    I set Vlingo with the convenience key, and QL with the letter q. Works for me.
    02-23-12 07:10 AM
    I set Vlingo with the convenience key, and QL with the letter q. Works for me.
    How to set it with Q?

NVM I got it. WIll try this for a while and see if I can get used to it!
    I also hate how low on the device the convenience key is located. I feel like I'm gonna drop the dang thing!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-23-12 at 07:25 AM.
    02-23-12 07:18 AM
    Jaydee, glad you're enjoying Marty "The Party Berry!"
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:23 AM
    How to set it with Q?

NVM I got it. WIll try this for a while and see if I can get used to it!
    I also hate how low on the device the convenience key is located. I feel like I'm gonna drop the dang thing!
    Hold Marty in left hand, use ring finger to activate convenience key. I"m always setting it off when i put it in my pocket. I had Captureit set for the conv key. I had 30+ screen shots in my pictures folder Now it's set for 'Do Nothing'

I think you if you could determine which cods apply to Device Analyzer, you could just restore them with BBSAK.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-23-12 at 07:32 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:29 AM
    I'm trying to set up a shortcut key for QL, but I don't see it in the applications. It's been awhile since I've done this, am I doing it right?
    02-23-12 07:44 AM
    Jaydee, Use can also use BB Hybrids Tool. Check Device Analyzer and click put it back. Then use app loader to re-install it.

Or BBSAK. Whichever you prefer.
    02-23-12 07:44 AM
    I'm trying to set up a shortcut key for QL, but I don't see it in the applications. It's been awhile since I've done this, am I doing it right?

Set it in QL options.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 08:42 AM
    OK guys. Thanks for the suggestions. I goggled BlackBerry Device Analyzer and found an OTA at RROYY - APPLICATIONS

there's a lotta stuff there. And it worked! It installed!
    Yay!
    02-23-12 09:46 AM
    Set it in QL options.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's where I'm at. Maybe I'm having a brain cramp today or something. I don't see QL in the apps to give it a shortcut. I even tried to add it as multi-click option.
    02-23-12 09:53 AM
    OK guys. Thanks for the suggestions. I goggled BlackBerry Device Analyzer and found an OTA at RROYY - APPLICATIONS

there's a lotta stuff there. And it worked! It installed!
    Yay!
    Great site, he's got damn near everything out there!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-12 10:00 AM
    That's where I'm at. Maybe I'm having a brain cramp today or something. I don't see QL in the apps to give it a shortcut. I even tried to add it as multi-click option.
    No. Open QL, hit your MENU key, and select QL OPTIONS -- don't try to add it as an app or QL function. Scroll down to find HOMESCREEN HOTKEY. It is beneath the selection for the RIGHT CONVENIENCE KEY.
    02-23-12 10:10 AM
    No. Open QL, hit your MENU key, and select QL OPTIONS -- don't try to add it as an app or QL function. Scroll down to find HOMESCREEN HOTKEY. It is beneath the selection for the RIGHT CONVENIENCE KEY.
    Thanks Underway, that's not exactly what I was hoping for. In the past I've been able to set up some short cut keys with other apps, but QL is not there. I don't want to disable uni search. I guess I'll continue to use the convenience key for QL.
    02-23-12 12:14 PM
    Got it.

I've seen OS5 and OS6 themes that let you assign shortcuts or hotkeys but not in the OS itself, therefore none in OS7. BTW, I use universal search with the shortcuts enabled. The shortcut key is S. Then I can use QL and the universal search.
    02-23-12 01:24 PM
    Hi JayDee,

CONGRATS on your new baby!!!! Waiting to see some screen shots. I'm hoping to get my 9930 sometime in March if not sooner!! Since I am still on OS5....this OS7 will be quite a big change for me.
    02-23-12 02:31 PM
    Hi JayDee,

CONGRATS on your new baby!!!! Waiting to see some screen shots. I'm hoping to get my 9930 sometime in March if not sooner!! Since I am still on OS5....this OS7 will be quite a big change for me.
    Oh you'll love it Ellie!!!
    Don't hesitate. Everyone said I'd love it and they were right!!!
    02-23-12 02:32 PM
    Hi JayDee,

N! No screenies!
    middbrew likes this.
    02-23-12 02:38 PM
    N! No screenies!
    At least not until TB7 comes out and then only in the appropriate area.
    02-23-12 02:48 PM
23,186 ... 705706707708709 ...