OK thanks Underway. Will shrink out BB Protect If I decide later I want it, I will install. Not turning on GPS all the time. Battery is bad enough from what I hear.

Oh and the Bold doesn't have the radio so no FM radio tuner.

So only new and podcasts left. And I think I read some problems with podcasts so if Pod Trapper works with 7.1, I will keep it. And maybe try BB News.
    If it's any help, I think the lost phone tracking feature in SmrtGuard also required the GPS to be enabled. If you don't want that ability, then there are alternatives for backing up your phone.
    02-20-12 12:08 PM
    CONGRATS Jaydee!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear from you on how much you love it!!! Especially that keyboard!! I should have mine by the end of March if not sooner!!
    02-20-12 03:13 PM
    CONGRATS Jaydee!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear from you on how much you love it!!! Especially that keyboard!! I should have mine by the end of March if not sooner!!
    Well now it won't be here till Wednesday but in any event, it will be here!!!
    I will be sure to post all my "findings" lol.
    Thanks Ellie!!!!
    02-20-12 03:16 PM
    OK thanks Underway. Will shrink out BB Protect If I decide later I want it, I will install. Not turning on GPS all the time. Battery is bad enough from what I hear.

Oh and the Bold doesn't have the radio so no FM radio tuner.

So only new and podcasts left. And I think I read some problems with podcasts so if Pod Trapper works with 7.1, I will keep it. And maybe try BB News.
    Jaydee, Like Underway I use BB Protect mostly to keep track of my kids when needed. So far battery has been ok on 7.1.0.163, I even have GPS on all the time.
    02-20-12 03:37 PM
    Jaydee, Like Underway I use BB Protect mostly to keep track of my kids when needed. So far battery has been ok on 7.1.0.163, I even have GPS on all the time.
    Well that's good to know Prince. I don't have anyone to keep track of so I will skip this app. But i can always add back later if I need.
    02-20-12 03:46 PM
    Running the newly released OS2 on MY playbook this morning...lots of improvements so far!!!
    02-21-12 09:11 AM
    The PB is probably going to be my summer purchase for myself this year! I usually treat myself to something for the summer at the end of the school year. This may be the year for a PB!!
    02-21-12 10:08 AM
    It's interesting that you say 374 sucked on battery life. I had just the opposite experience. I think most will agree that 254 was a mistake, but I had great performance with 374. I loaded 163, and then reloaded 163 to get the awesome battery life that others were reporting. I never saw it. My DPH on 163 was routinely 8% - 10%. I dumped 163 and reloaded 374, and the DPH dropped to under 3%.

My phone was running so well on 374 that I'm not sure why I loaded the new 267 yesterday. I know that some of the older BlackBerry models used to need a day or two to let the OS "settle". As I understand it, that's not the case any more. My DPH on 267 is over 11% and I just cannot find the cause. I've repeated the requisite battery pull four or five times and then fully charged the battery each time. I've done all the usual things to minimize the power draw.

I'd certainly be interested to hear your (or others') thoughts after running 267 for a day now. Is it any better for you than what you were running?

UPDATE - 19 FEB - My power drain over the past day has leveled just over 10%. This is with the same settings that I was using on 374 that had a 2% - 3% DPH. Since both 7.1 OS (163 and 267) have caused the same drain, my device might be better if I steer clear of 7.1 for a while.
    It's hard for me to comapre 163 to 267 for battery life, as I have been pounding away at text messages with a few people since the upgrade. I have only had one call where it dialed and said connected, but I couldn't hear anything. Thankfully the reboot times with 267 are an enormous improvement, so it doesn't take long to get the call thru.

I also had the focus shift to the very last icon one time and attempt to shut the device off. I have hidden the on/off icon from all trays to prevent it in the future. I must be touching the screen with the tip of my thumb as I hit the end call key to back out of things.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-21-12 at 12:17 PM.
    02-21-12 12:06 PM
    Well that's good to know Prince. I don't have anyone to keep track of so I will skip this app. But i can always add back later if I need.
    Think twice about removing BB Protect. It's automated back-up feature is awesome.

So far battery has been ok on 7.1.0.163, I even have GPS on all the time.
    I never shut it off. All OS results I post are with wifi and GPS constantly enabled.

So I did it...
    I called VZW and ordered myself a 9930!
    Coming Monday or Tuesday. It started at 229 and I ended up getting it for 119.95. Not a bad deal. I couldn't resist at that price. I was willing to pay 149 for it....

So I will still be here, of course. I will have a lot to say, on one device or another. And besides...we are ALLOWED to Ramble here!!!
    Congrats to Jaydee on joining the 9930 club. It's an elite membership!!!!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-21-12 at 12:32 PM.
    02-21-12 12:28 PM
    Well guys I have been having some issues with my 9930. The first device the trackpad and back key had an annoying squeek, so I got a replacement in store. Now this one the trackpad jumps all over the place. I've changed the trackpad sensitivity and nothing helps. I really love a lot about this device, the keyboard is great and the touch screen. But I'm concerned about the build quality of this device. I kinda think that the 9650 might have a more solid build. Just my opinion, of course I'm a little frustrated this afternoon.
    Last edited by princebb; 02-21-12 at 12:57 PM.
    02-21-12 12:50 PM
    Well guys I have been having some issues with my 9930. The first device the trackpad and back key had an annoying squeek, so I got a replacement in store. Now this one the trackpad jumps all over the place. I've changed the trackpad sensitivity and nothing helps. I really love a lot about this device, the keyboard is great and the touch screen. But I'm concerned about the build quality of this device. I kinda think that the 9650 might have a more solid build. Just my opinion, of course I'm a little frustrated this afternoon.
    My first one had the crazy trackpad problem. There is no fix for it. Take it back. You were better off with the squeak. My 9930 makes little noises once in a great while when clicking or typing, but I also spilled some OJ on the keyboard earlier this month.
    02-21-12 01:19 PM
    Well, if there are troubles to be had, you know mine will come down with whatever disease possible!

Here's to hoping prince's kb stops squeaking and the trackpad stops jumping. And that mine is quiet. Oh well, didn't I say I shouldn't switch because my 9650 is working fine?

Paul, the automated backup...does it slow down your phone or does it only do it when you choose it manually?
    02-21-12 02:50 PM
    My first one had the crazy trackpad problem. There is no fix for it. Take it back. You were better off with the squeak. My 9930 makes little noises once in a great while when clicking or typing, but I also spilled some OJ on the keyboard earlier this month.
    I took it back and I now have another device. This one at least for the moment looks like the best of the bunch. It's such a pain getting codes for my apps!! I hate that part.
    02-21-12 04:35 PM
    Well, if there are troubles to be had, you know mine will come down with whatever disease possible!

Here's to hoping prince's kb stops squeaking and the trackpad stops jumping. And that mine is quiet. Oh well, didn't I say I shouldn't switch because my 9650 is working fine?

Paul, the automated backup...does it slow down your phone or does it only do it when you choose it manually?
    Jaydee, I hope you have better luck than I did. This is an amazing device, IF you can get one without the problems. The BB Protect automated backup will happen and you won't even know that it's happened. It doesn't effect the device at all.
    02-21-12 04:38 PM
    Paul, What do you think of .267??
    02-21-12 04:41 PM

I set it to back up weekly over wifi, I think it's done on Saturdays now that I loaded 267 on the 18th. It doesn't slow anything down, you won't even notice it. You can uncheck the box in Options to disable automatic backups. But honestly: set it and forget it.
    02-21-12 04:56 PM
    I took it back and I now have another device. This one at least for the moment looks like the best of the bunch. It's such a pain getting codes for my apps!! I hate that part.
    I know the frustration. The one I waited for FedEx to deliver had that problem, and I tried and tried and tried to get the trackpad to chill out and it just refused.

Codes stink, I'm with ya there. At least with BB Beta codes, they email them to you and you can just copy/paste into the app. Stuff like berryweather, I created a memopad memo and I just cut/paste codes from there.

Paul, What do you think of .267??
    I'm happy with it, I did have those two issues in this new OS that first appeared in 163, but only one instance each. I can say anything aabout battery life really I've been on my phone constantly since I upgraded. I'm charging about as often as I was under 163, but that's a guesstimate.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-21-12 at 05:04 PM.
    02-21-12 05:00 PM
    Jaydee, I hope you have better luck than I did. This is an amazing device, IF you can get one without the problems. The BB Protect automated backup will happen and you won't even know that it's happened. It doesn't effect the device at all.
    I set it to back up weekly over wifi, I think it's done on Saturdays now that I loaded 267 on the 18th. It doesn't slow anything down, you won't even notice it. You can uncheck the box in Options to disable automatic backups. But honestly: set it and forget it.
    Thank you guys!!!
    I went back and added it to my install of 267 and now all I need is the dang phone!

Mine is off in Nawlins, collecting beads around it's neck! It spent a whole day in Memphis looking for Elvis to party with!!!! Now its finally on its way!!!!
    02-21-12 05:33 PM
    Wow, You're getting a Party Berry!
    02-21-12 05:51 PM
    Wow, You're getting a Party Berry!
    Gonna name him Mardi. (Marty)
    LMAO
    02-21-12 05:57 PM
    Where did you guys get the download for 267?
    02-21-12 09:07 PM
    I grabbed mine from the Findings and Fixes thread. The jumbo files host was very slow, but it worked. I haven't seen it anyplace else. If it doesn't work for you, PM me. I'll put it in my Dropbox for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-698223/
    02-22-12 01:25 AM
    I got mine from another location...don't remember where. It was in that thread that Underway mentioned. I also am willing to dropbox it for you!!!

Speaking of phones....mine's located only 40 minutes away now, on a truck, slated for delivery!!! It should be here around 2 pm. I will post when I start all my activities. I know how your day would just not be complete without a list of my problems !!!!
    02-22-12 06:26 AM
    Jaydee, it will be fine. Positive thoughts-Positive results!!
    mrweller likes this.
    02-22-12 07:04 AM
    So I did it...
    I called VZW and ordered myself a 9930!
    Coming Monday or Tuesday. It started at 229 and I ended up getting it for 119.95. Not a bad deal. I couldn't resist at that price. I was willing to pay 149 for it....

So I will still be here, of course. I will have a lot to say, on one device or another. And besides...we are ALLOWED to Ramble here!!!
    Very cool you are getting your new phone. I'm guessing I will soon be the only one on here with a 9650.
    02-22-12 10:01 AM
23,186 ... 703704705706707 ...