Thanks for the info Underway. I did order a pod to see if it works for me. If not, I also ordered another type which also works with the 9930. That way, I can test both out and always return one if its not right...or make them both work, maybe one at my desk and one at home.

I spent 25 bucks on the seidio one for the bold. It never worked right for me, never worked with their case and it stopped working after one year. So I won't be making that mistake again. Just my opinion. I have the seidio extended battery and other than a few episodes of 129 degree plus temps, it has been great. So I guess the accessories are as user specific as the phones!!!

PS I also bought a case...purple, of course!
    Wow. Purple. There's a surprise.

Maybe Elizabeth can put you in something purple next time...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 07:40 PM
    +1 For jaydee in a purple dress in the next ramblers cartoon!

I'm downloading 267 from the slowest hosting site on the planet. sendspace.com is terrible.
    02-17-12 07:43 PM
    I haven't found any bugs with 163 yet. This is probably the best OS I've ever run. The phone is quick and very responsive. Battery life so far is very good.
    Sometimes when pressing the "end call" button to back out to the all tray on the homescreen it starts to shutdown the handheld, and i have to press the "any" key to abort.

More than once I've dialed a call and had nothing there. When I redialed, the person I was trying to reach said they were saying 'hello' but heard nothing. I was going to reload 163, but now that 267 is out I'm moving on.
    02-17-12 07:51 PM
    Sometimes when pressing the "end call" button to back out to the all tray on the homescreen it starts to shutdown the handheld, and i have to press the "any" key to abort.

More than once I've dialed a call and had nothing there. When I redialed, the person I was trying to reach said they were saying 'hello' but heard nothing. I was going to reload 163, but now that 267 is out I'm moving on.
    That's interesting because I've had no problems. I'll keep my eye on this for potential problems.
    02-17-12 08:39 PM

That's interesting because I've had no problems. I'll keep my eye on this for potential problems.
    02-17-12 10:02 PM
    Yours will probably come with 7.1. I was told that 254 sucked and 374 was much better so that's the first thing I did. 374 sucked on battery life, but other than that was a pretty good OS.
    It's interesting that you say 374 sucked on battery life. I had just the opposite experience. I think most will agree that 254 was a mistake, but I had great performance with 374. I loaded 163, and then reloaded 163 to get the awesome battery life that others were reporting. I never saw it. My DPH on 163 was routinely 8% - 10%. I dumped 163 and reloaded 374, and the DPH dropped to under 3%.

My phone was running so well on 374 that I'm not sure why I loaded the new 267 yesterday. I know that some of the older BlackBerry models used to need a day or two to let the OS "settle". As I understand it, that's not the case any more. My DPH on 267 is over 11% and I just cannot find the cause. I've repeated the requisite battery pull four or five times and then fully charged the battery each time. I've done all the usual things to minimize the power draw.

I'd certainly be interested to hear your (or others') thoughts after running 267 for a day now. Is it any better for you than what you were running?

UPDATE - 19 FEB - My power drain over the past day has leveled just over 10%. This is with the same settings that I was using on 374 that had a 2% - 3% DPH. Since both 7.1 OS (163 and 267) have caused the same drain, my device might be better if I steer clear of 7.1 for a while.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-19-12 at 10:39 AM.
    02-18-12 10:49 AM
    A question for all my Rambler friends on the 9930. I've had my 9930 for a couple days and today I noticed that sometimes the menu key, trackpad and back key have a slight plasticky squeak. The keyboard is fine. Has anyone else noticed this?
    02-19-12 12:48 PM
    A question for all my Rambler friends on the 9930. I've had my 9930 for a couple days and today I noticed that sometimes the menu key, trackpad and back key have a slight plasticky squeak. The keyboard is fine. Has anyone else noticed this?
    The menu key on mine was that way for a good while, but is now silent. I've seen reports from others that these keys can sometimes make noise, almost like there is something rubbing the underside of the plastic topshell. For the most part, it seems to go away. I've not seen any functionality problems with it. My wife's 9930 from August is still great, right out of the box.

If yours is obnoxiously awful, then I'm sure that Big Red will swap it out. Try a bunch of them in the store to find one that feels right. Remember that yours didn't make noise when you took it from the box though, so you might not know for several days if your new one is any better.
    02-19-12 03:41 PM
    So I did it...
    I called VZW and ordered myself a 9930!
    Coming Monday or Tuesday. It started at 229 and I ended up getting it for 119.95. Not a bad deal. I couldn't resist at that price. I was willing to pay 149 for it....

So I will still be here, of course. I will have a lot to say, on one device or another. And besides...we are ALLOWED to Ramble here!!!
    02-19-12 07:15 PM
    Congrats on the new purchase Jaydee! Hope you like it as much as the good ole 9650.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-19-12 07:37 PM
    Congrats on the new purchase Jaydee! Hope you like it as much as the good ole 9650.
    Thanks runkle!
    I really love my 9650 and I can't believe I am going to stop using it!!! Can't I keep it going even after I get the 9930? Isn't there anything I can use it for???
    I don't wanna be without it...my trusty 9650!!!
    02-19-12 07:39 PM
    Hey everyone,

I have been trying to find the .374 os for the 9930 to download and have not had any luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am still running .163 but am not very happy with my battery life. Thanks everyone.
    02-19-12 07:39 PM
    Hey everyone,

I have been trying to find the .374 os for the 9930 to download and have not had any luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am still running .163 but am not very happy with my battery life. Thanks everyone.
    PM on the way with link.
    02-19-12 07:47 PM
    So I did it...
    Coming Monday or Tuesday. It started at 229 and I ended up getting it for 119.95. Not a bad deal. I couldn't resist at that price. I was willing to pay 149 for it....

So I will still be here, of course. I will have a lot to say, on one device or another. And besides...we are ALLOWED to Ramble here!!!
    Very good, JayDee. I had 9650 withdrawal for a few days, but it passed fairly quickly. Now, I pick up my daughter's 9650 or my son's 9650 and it seems almost like holding a very solid Curve.

I really don't miss themes all that much. Most of what is out there right now is just variances in fonts or minor placement changes. What's cool about the 9930 is that it just works. All the time. It'll be just like your 9650, only better.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-19-12 07:56 PM
    So I did it...

Congrats, Jaydee! Themes, or no..you will love it

I still have my 9650 (2, in fact...one is my hubby's) and even though I'm now on ATT, i can't bear to part with it. Loved it.
    Sigh. Unless I unlock them, I can't use them. Probably should sell them. They are in great condition. What do you think I would get for them?
    02-19-12 07:59 PM

I still have my 9650 (2, in fact...one is my hubby's) and even though I'm now on ATT, i can't bear to part with it. Loved it.
    Sigh. Unless I unlock them, I can't use them. Probably should sell them. They are in great condition. What do you think I would get for them?
    Oh Zaiby. How could you sell them both?
    I would keep one. For what I dunno. I still have my 8330!!!! I'm such a sap.
    What are they going for on ebay? 50 each?? just a guess.
    02-19-12 08:03 PM
    Oh Zaiby. How could you sell them both?
    I would keep one. For what I dunno. I still have my 8330!!!! I'm such a sap.
    What are they going for on ebay? 50 each?? just a guess.
    I know, I will sell his, lmao. I'm a sap for mine too, lol
    02-19-12 08:06 PM
    Thanks for the link and help 99.
    02-19-12 08:10 PM
    So I did it...

Congrats Jaydee, You'll love the 9930!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-19-12 08:23 PM
    I'm glad it was helpful. Thanks for sharing such a great post!
    Posted stuff was abselutely superb and mind blowing for increasing visitors interest and curiosity.Discussion need to be made some sophisticated and easier for commenters to participate in the discussion?
    Farking spammer!
    Reported!!
    02-20-12 06:39 AM

I've seen them go for more, especially if they're in good shape as you said. Having the box and all the accessories helps. You have to get them unlocked though. That's the key. The unlocked devices sell faster and for more money.

Big Red will normally unlock them for free. I'm not sure about your situation since you closed your account with them. If VZW says no, then there are folks advertising here in the forums that will do it for typically less than $15 or so.
    02-20-12 10:29 AM
    So before I go ahead and shrink everything out of the OS, a few questions, ok?

7.1.0.267: is BB Podcast a suitable replacement for Pod Trapper?
    BB News is an RSS reader? a good replacement for BerryReader?
    BB Radio is an FM tuner? Like TuneIn, I heart Radio etc? I won't delete TuneIn but maybe will install BB Radio as well? Opinions?
    BB Protect worth it to install for finding my lost phone?

Any opinions?
    I own these other apps and would rather use the integrated versions if possible. Anyone use them already?
    02-20-12 10:44 AM
    I've seen them go for more, especially if they're in good shape as you said. Having the box and all the accessories helps. You have to get them unlocked though. That's the key. The unlocked devices sell faster and for more money.

Big Red will normally unlock them for free. I'm not sure about your situation since you closed your account with them. If VZW says no, then there are folks advertising here in the forums that will do it for typically less than $15 or so.

Yes, I have all the accessories and box. Also have extra charger, pod, and case for one of them. Good idea about the unlocking. I will look into that.
    Thanks!
    02-20-12 11:21 AM
    So before I go ahead and shrink everything out of the OS, a few questions, ok?

7.1.0.267: is BB Podcast a suitable replacement for Pod Trapper?
    BB News is an RSS reader? a good replacement for BerryReader?
    BB Radio is an FM tuner? Like TuneIn, I heart Radio etc? I won't delete TuneIn but maybe will install BB Radio as well? Opinions?
    BB Protect worth it to install for finding my lost phone?

Any opinions?
    I own these other apps and would rather use the integrated versions if possible. Anyone use them already?
    I use BB Protect. All that I've used it for so far is to track the location of one of my wife's or kids' phones when they are traveling and they get lost. I log into BB Protect and can find out where they really are and give directions.

Remember that if you want to use BB Protect to track your lost phone, you have to leave GPS on all the time. Big battery drain.
    02-20-12 11:58 AM
    I use BB Protect. All that I've used it for so far is to track the location of one of my wife's or kids' phones when they are traveling and they get lost. I log into BB Protect and can find out where they really are and give directions.

Remember that if you want to use BB Protect to track your lost phone, you have to leave GPS on all the time. Big battery drain.
    OK thanks Underway. Will shrink out BB Protect If I decide later I want it, I will install. Not turning on GPS all the time. Battery is bad enough from what I hear.

Oh and the Bold doesn't have the radio so no FM radio tuner.

So only new and podcasts left. And I think I read some problems with podcasts so if Pod Trapper works with 7.1, I will keep it. And maybe try BB News.
    02-20-12 12:02 PM
23,186 ... 702703704705706 ...