Well I did my upgrade to the 9930 last night. I got the $50 discount and NO activation fee. It came with the latest 7.1 OS. This device is nice and fast, I knew I'd love the keyboard, but it is even more amazing than I thought.
    OOOhhhhhh! You're trying to convince me, aren't you?
    Maybe in another few weeks. Aren't we any closer to themes, Hamster????
    I really want to get a new phone soon!!!
    02-17-12 07:49 AM
    I'd go for a spot on the end somewhere....I'll bring my binoculars with me too!
    Elizabeth has to be a Picasso to fix this wallpaper up!
    She's gonna have a lot to work on!
    02-17-12 07:52 AM
    Hey, is no one looking at me????
    You wanna be ogled?

Well I did my upgrade to the 9930 last night. I got the $50 discount and NO activation fee. It came with the latest 7.1 OS. This device is nice and fast, I knew I'd love the keyboard, but it is even more amazing than I thought.
    Welcome to 9930, it's a nice step up from 9650. Though it is time for a new 7.1 release!
    02-17-12 09:05 AM

Welcome to 9930, it's a nice step up from 9650. Though it is time for a new 7.1 release!
    OK you guys are making me think...dangerous, I know!
    Maybe I will go look at a 9930 this week I have off and see what it feels like. I'm sure I'm gonna want one immediately. So..... who knows? I might be moving up soon myself!

Paul, you said it is thinner. That would be very cool. And the KBis probably more responsive and easier for me to operate, I bet (especially with my nails). But no themes???
    02-17-12 09:13 AM
    Maybe I will go look at a 9930 this week I have off and see what it feels like. I'm sure I'm gonna want one immediately. So..... who knows? I might be moving up soon myself!

Paul, you said it is thinner. That would be very cool. And the KBis probably more responsive and easier for me to operate, I bet (especially with my nails). But no themes???
    It's much thinner, and it's a tad wider which makes the keyboard better. I still need to find a good deal on the charging pod, I miss that accessory!
    02-17-12 09:19 AM
    Prince 7.1.0.267 is out there. I will be loading it up this weekend.
    02-17-12 09:34 AM
    Hey, is no one looking at me????
    Trust me Babe, the binocs will spend their share of time pointed your way too!!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 10:22 AM
    Prince 7.1.0.267 is out there. I will be loading it up this weekend.
    I saw that earlier. I think for now I'm gonna stick with 7.1.0.163. Let us know what you think of 267.
    02-17-12 10:50 AM

Jaydee, you've got to go check this out. It is much thinner and keyboard is wonderful. I think I see a 9930 in your near future.
    02-17-12 10:53 AM
    I saw that earlier. I think for now I'm gonna stick with 7.1.0.163. Let us know what you think of 267.
    That's how I feel about new phones. BUT, it probably came with everything installed and I know I wanna shrink the OS, so when I get mine, the first thing I'm gonna do is put a slimmed down OS on it.
    02-17-12 10:56 AM
    That's how I feel about new phones. BUT, it probably came with everything installed and I know I wanna shrink the OS, so when I get mine, the first thing I'm gonna do is put a slimmed down OS on it.
    I don't think it's necessary to shrink the OS on this device. It's runs so smooth. Heck, I even left crapworld on it.
    02-17-12 11:17 AM
    I don't think it's necessary to shrink the OS on this device. It's runs so smooth. Heck, I even left crapworld on it.
    I've been running App World on my Bold for the past year. it never caused me any problem. I find it very useful since I have a ton of apps and themes there that I like to add and delete on a whim.
    02-17-12 11:26 AM
    Will do!

I agree that shrinking is not necessary on the 9930, but I did remove some fonts that I never use, and a few other things just for the he|| of it. I'm no fan of appworld, but it's the only way to get apps now, Mobihand is hanging on by a thread, not wasting another penny there. The latest beta seems to work pretty well.

That's how I feel about new phones...
    Mine came with 7.0.0.254 and the first thing I did when I took it out of the box was load 7.0.0.374. Then I did the activation.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-17-12 at 11:35 AM.
    02-17-12 11:29 AM

Mine came with 7.0.0.254 and the first thing I did when I took it out of the box was load 7.0.0.374. Then I did the activation.
    Well hold that thought, Dr. Crackberry, because when I eventually buy my new one, you can tell me again what I have to do and in which order. But I WILL be shrinking almost everything off of there.
    02-17-12 11:41 AM
    Well hold that thought, Dr. Crackberry, because when I eventually buy my new one, you can tell me again what I have to do and in which order. But I WILL be shrinking almost everything off of there.
    Yours will probably come with 7.1. I was told that 254 sucked and 374 was much better so that's the first thing I did. 374 sucked on battery life, but other than that was a pretty good OS.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 11:48 AM
    Hamster, save a spot for me by you. Always fun to hang out with the "cool and colorful". Jaydee, as others have said, the 9930 is really a nice phone. I am also liking the touch screen keyboard combo, especially when I am on the web.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 11:57 AM
    Ok, Now I feel better, knowing I'm gonna get oogled Lmao

Jaydee...I'm on 7.1.0.205 and I know I have the Torch, but the battery for me on this is awesome. Much better than the 9650 ever gave me. Of course I'm not changing themes a million times a day, but still....I used to have to charge at least once day, and now I can go 2 days....

As for shrinking, I have shrunk, but I was told by some of the guys from osbb that you don't need to with 7.1. However, I still like to, only to gain some memory as 7.1 is a hog, and I have less memory than I did on the 9650, with fewer themes etc, and more on board memory than the bold.
    But it runs fast and great.
    You will love the 9930. As for themes, there a quite a few default style ones with different icons, colors etc. And drapprentice will be releasing his custom theme for Os7 as soon as app world approves it. So, there are options
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:50 PM
    It's much thinner, and it's a tad wider which makes the keyboard better. I still need to find a good deal on the charging pod, I miss that accessory!
    I'd hold that thought. I have the BB charging pod and hardly use it. The socket isn't deep enough to securely hold it in place. The phone doesn't always sit solidly in the socket, sometimes preventing the charging pins from making good contact. Some have thought (unconfirmed) that the intermittant contact could be causing some of the bricking issues.

Seidio has a charging pod that is supposed to work a lot better. It's sold to work with their cases, but has an insert for the naked phone, just like their charging pod for the 9650.

That's my next purchase for this thing. I plan to punch tiny holes in my Otterbox Commuter so I can use the cased phone with the charger.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-17-12 at 02:08 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:53 PM
    Will do!

I agree that shrinking is not necessary on the 9930, but I did remove some fonts that I never use, and a few other things just for the he|| of it. I'm no fan of appworld, but it's the only way to get apps now, Mobihand is hanging on by a thread, not wasting another penny there. The latest beta seems to work pretty well.

Agreed. If you're lucky, it will have 374 installed. Maybe 163 (the first 7.1 verson) is better as a new install, but I had lots of little issues with it. My 9930 runs great on 374.

I've not yet loaded the new leak. I'll wait for others to find the problems then load it. I did, however, grab it last night. You just don't know how long these links will be available any more.
    02-17-12 01:59 PM
    I found battery life under 7.1.0.163 to be far better than 374. That's not to say 163 doesn't have it's little bugs
    02-17-12 02:38 PM
    I found battery life under 7.1.0.163 to be far better than 374. That's not to say 163 doesn't have it's little bugs
    I haven't found any bugs with 163 yet. This is probably the best OS I've ever run. The phone is quick and very responsive. Battery life so far is very good.
    02-17-12 03:42 PM
    Well, now that I am thoroughly confused, let me just say that I have my 9650 and I dunno what the heck you guys are talking about! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Seriously, when I get the phone, I will prob grab the latest OS and shrink before loading. But I will try OS7 first with the out-of-the-box OS.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    02-17-12 04:41 PM
    I'd hold that thought. I have the BB charging pod and hardly use it. The socket isn't deep enough to securely hold it in place. The phone doesn't always sit solidly in the socket, sometimes preventing the charging pins from making good contact. Some have thought (unconfirmed) that the intermittant contact could be causing some of the bricking issues.

Seidio has a charging pod that is supposed to work a lot better. It's sold to work with their cases, but has an insert for the naked phone, just like their charging pod for the 9650.

That's my next purchase for this thing. I plan to punch tiny holes in my Otterbox Commuter so I can use the cased phone with the charger.
    Thanks for the info Underway. I did order a pod to see if it works for me. If not, I also ordered another type which also works with the 9930. That way, I can test both out and always return one if its not right...or make them both work, maybe one at my desk and one at home.

I spent 25 bucks on the seidio one for the bold. It never worked right for me, never worked with their case and it stopped working after one year. So I won't be making that mistake again. Just my opinion. I have the seidio extended battery and other than a few episodes of 129 degree plus temps, it has been great. So I guess the accessories are as user specific as the phones!!!

PS I also bought a case...purple, of course!
    02-17-12 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the info Underway. I did order a pod to see if it works for me. If not, I also ordered another type which also works with the 9930. That way, I can test both out and always return one if its not right...or make them both work, maybe one at my desk and one at home.

I spent 25 bucks on the seidio one for the bold. It never worked right for me, never worked with their case and it stopped working after one year. So I won't be making that mistake again. Just my opinion. I have the seidio extended battery and other than a few episodes of 129 degree plus temps, it has been great. So I guess the accessories are as user specific as the phones!!!

PS I also bought a case...purple, of course!
    You're going to be all set!!!
    That's the one thing I have yet to get...the charging pod for the torch. However unlike for the bolds, the torch one doesn't have charging connectors. You drop it in landscape mode into a usb prong that slides into the usb port. But, I'm still going to get it.
    And I already have 3 cases
    02-17-12 06:07 PM
    Hmmmmm...all this talk about everyone jumping on the 9930 bandwagon is making my trigger finger itchy to pull the trigger on getting my own 9930...I'll have to run that by the Mrs. so that she doesn't get upset with all the new BBerry toys showing up...the PBook (#2 for the family) should be here tomorrow!
    02-17-12 07:28 PM
23,186 ... 701702703704705 ...