We foolishly did something like that for an 80th - candles wide-spread and closing in on each other - almost burned the house down!!!!

Happy Birthday - consider those pictures a present. And I want to see a picture of your office after they are on display!!!!
    F2-thank you for the wishes AND the lovely pictures!!!! I can't wait to order them and get them up. As soon as it is set, you can bet I will post a picture for you to see.
    01-10-12 06:03 PM
    A quick question for the 9930 7.1 update ramblers. What have been your thoughts? I have the option to download it through DM tonight but I read a lot of mixed reviews about it. Frankly, I trust this bunch more than most of the 99XX posters.
    01-10-12 06:59 PM
    Hope you had a great birthday Jaydee. Long live the Queen.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-10-12 10:12 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    What's going on? We finally got our snow here in upstate NY. About 4" and some sleet and freezing rain on top of it. But not to worry. Streets are cleared enough to go to SCHOOL.....Yay! Not!

I have to ask why my phone does this guys. When I have Meterberry reboot it, all my media folder icons (videos, podcasts, ringtones, etc) all those icons end up outside of the folder on my app screen. Any idea why?
    01-12-12 06:10 PM
    30? haha You didn't see my version of a cake...

Click to view quoted image
    [/URL]
    Damn, I missed it. But on the other hand, I didn't see any CNN news footage of a birthday cake fire...

Happy Birthday JayDee
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:24 PM
    A quick question for the 9930 7.1 update ramblers. What have been your thoughts? I have the option to download it through DM tonight but I read a lot of mixed reviews about it. Frankly, I trust this bunch more than most of the 99XX posters.
    Bottom line up front: I don't think that this 7.1 build has enough going for it to warrant the entire OS update process, including reloading and registering all the apps.

I have it, but I'm not thrilled with it. If you're not going to use the Hotspot, I'd wait. Whether it is faster or smoother than the latest 7.0 build is anybody's guess. My issue with it is the battery charge bug. There's apparently a bug in the .137 radio that is part of the 7.1.0.163 build that causes the battery level to drop from 100 to 92% in the first hour after a full charge. It will drop power if the phone is being used or just when left on the desk. It doesn't seem to affect battery life, and my DPH at the end of the day is typically about 2.4.
    01-12-12 09:33 PM
    I have to ask why my phone does this guys. When I have Meterberry reboot it, all my media folder icons (videos, podcasts, ringtones, etc) all those icons end up outside of the folder on my app screen. Any idea why?
    Hmm, that's interesting. I can't say I've ever used Meterberry to reboot before. I will try it and see if it does it to mine.

EDIT: I tried to reboot using Meterberry but it wouldn't let me.
    Last edited by middbrew; 01-13-12 at 08:31 PM.
    01-13-12 08:28 PM
    Hey Ramblers!

My phone does that when i installed a new theme & reboot my phone. Only the Media files and the Instant Messaging apps "coming out" of their original folder. Dunno why tho.
    01-13-12 09:34 PM
    So some themes do it and some don't. I bet this rebooting with all the media icons out of the folder is theme-dependent. I wonder if having a shortcut to the developer's website (like some of them do) makes the difference....
    01-14-12 09:30 AM
    So some themes do it and some don't. I bet this rebooting with all the media icons out of the folder is theme-dependent. I wonder if having a shortcut to the developer's website (like some of them do) makes the difference....
    I think the .706 OS is at least partly to blame. I have some minor issues that disappear if I go back to stock theme. Never had the issues on another OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 11:22 AM
    Well I have finally got Meterberry to do a reboot. All my icons stayed in their place. So, I do think it is theme dependent.
    01-16-12 07:02 PM
    Midd, I like using Meterberry to reboot ever morning as my memory leak needs cleaning up everyday. I like to start with my full available memory and then operate with the lower amounts at the end of the day.
    I think that it must be theme dependent too ( for the icon thing). Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    01-17-12 04:35 AM
    Why don't you just use the BatteryEx or Meterberry function of just resetting the memory? This is something you can do several times a day to regain the lost amount you need to keep functioning properly and not have to rearrange icons.
    Last edited by middbrew; 01-17-12 at 08:19 AM.
    01-17-12 08:13 AM
    Why don't you just use the BatteryEx or Meterberry function of just resetting the memory? This is something you can do several times a day to regain the lost amount you need to keep functioning properly and not have to rearrange icons.
    Oh I have tried that. It never recovers any memory.
    If Im down 54MB at the end of the day, there is not way during the day to recover that unless I do a batt pull or restart.
    01-17-12 08:24 AM
    Oh I have tried that. It never recovers any memory.
    If Im down 54MB at the end of the day, there is not way during the day to recover that unless I do a batt pull or restart.
    Agreed. MeterBerry will get little bits of memory back, but nothing clears the BB's head like pulling the battery.
    01-18-12 01:17 PM
    Since my initial shock at losing so much memory, i have settled into a routine that involves a restart every am and that seems to work for me. Occasionally i will do a batt pull and that really helps to clear things, like Underway said.
    01-18-12 03:03 PM
    Will I upgraded my NC to the new Ice Cream Sandwich/CyanogenMod 9 ROM. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it on there yet. I really like the GUI. At first it was a little sluggish even though I have it clocked at 1300MHz. Today is really the first day I've run it (I installed late last night) and it's a little more responsive so we will see.
    01-24-12 02:33 PM
    Will I upgraded my NC to the new Ice Cream Sandwich/CyanogenMod 9 ROM. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it on there yet. I really like the GUI. At first it was a little sluggish even though I have it clocked at 1300MHz. Today is really the first day I've run it (I installed late last night) and it's a little more responsive so we will see.
    That's cool Midd! I still haven't rooted mine to any flavor yet. Still using the NC just like it came out of the box. Keep us posted on your findings cause maybe I will eventually switch to a real tablet OS on it.
    01-24-12 02:44 PM
    Hey Midd, as Jaydee said, keep us informed on the NC. I am still running Mod 7.1 off my SD card and having good luck with it. I am anxious to see if you do find version 9 to be a worthy improvement.

Hi to all the ramblers!!
    01-24-12 09:19 PM
    So Runkle, with this mod on your card, you can take the card out and still boot the device normally? And then if you use the card, what is the difference?
    01-25-12 06:33 AM
    So Runkle, with this mod on your card, you can take the card out and still boot the device normally? And then if you use the card, what is the difference?
    Hey, I've done this also. So if you boot from the card, you get access to android, and the nook has the ui and look of android. You get market, can customize your screen with widgets etc, and all the other stuff. You would have to dl the nook app though to read your books.

If you boot up without the card, it works as normal.

Midd, I would be curious to as to what the new ICS mod works like...let us know!
    01-25-12 07:05 AM
    Well, after I played with CM9 for a day it seems better. Much more responsive than when I first tried it out. I'm going to keep it on there for a few more days to see how it goes. It's still pretty early but right now the only complaint I would have is the battery drains a bit too fast compared to CM7 or the stock ROM.

I see there is someone who has made a triple boot so you can keep the stock ROM on the device and CM7 and CM9 on a card. If interested here is the link over at Android Centeral. If you are interested in putting it on your internal memory like I have it here is the link.
    01-25-12 08:41 AM
    Midd,
    This sounds like a "what I did on my summer vacation" kind of project for me. I think I will try rooting my NC then. I will contact you for help when it's time for me to give it a try!!!

At work, they are making changes to the network. Because I am in a school, they are creating a new wireless network segment that automatically authenticates us and therefore does not allow student smartphones, ipods, etc to authenticate. I guess this means I will be using my 3G inside the building inside of the wireless, which just runs my battery. but no matter cause I have a charging pod on my desk.

I also ave downloaded my curriculum (my 4 Cisco textbooks) through B&N onto my nook so I won't really need to connect to the network to use them. Which was my idea all along. So all things considered, the changes shouldn't affect me much. I like having the curriculum at my fingertips and not having to rely on schlepping my work laptop around to use it.

My time to upgrade is also coming up fast. But until they create some themes for OS7, I will probably stay put and not change. So I will be on the 9650 for a few more months I believe. Unless someone can tell me what I would gain by switching....
    01-26-12 07:15 AM
    So I walked in to Verizon with all intentions to buy a 9930 but i just cant leave my trusty 9650. The 9930 is a great phone but I don't see it as a major upgrade. We'll see when a full qwerty bbx phone arrives. until then 9650 ftw
    01-26-12 07:43 PM
    My upgrade date is coming up next month. I've looked at the 9930 several times and it's a nice device for sure. I love the keyboard, but I don't have any problems with the 9650 at all. My 9650 runs great. What's the biggest differences/advantages 9930 vs. 9650. I want a 9930, I just having a hard time making a final decision.
    01-26-12 10:27 PM
23,186 ... 695696697698699 ...