That's so weird guys. I can't figure out what is wrong. Does BB Hybrid Tools not work anymore? Did you try BB Boss?
    01-07-12 06:22 AM
    Here's the location of the two vender files.

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I have noticed that RIM has done something to Desktop Manager that seems to render some 3rd party computer programs unable to reconize an OS or the phone itself. One thing you might try is restarting both phone and your computer. The only other option I can think of is to back up everything and do a complete wipe and start over.

And glad to see your still checking in Doc.
    01-07-12 07:57 AM
    I finally got 706 loaded at 3am! After a slight bricking incident I used BBSAK to load the OS. DM and apploader wouldn't recognize the OS. Now I'm gonna use BB Boss to clean it up a bit more.
    01-07-12 08:36 AM
    I finally got 706 loaded at 3am! After a slight bricking incident I used BBSAK to load the OS. DM and apploader wouldn't recognize the OS. Now I'm gonna use BB Boss to clean it up a bit more.
    That's odd that apploader wouldn't reconize the OS because all BBSAK does is redirect to apploader. Glad you got it loaded, I think you will it.
    01-07-12 09:55 AM
    Yay Prince! Glad it finally worked. Now I used apploader for 706. I am worried next time I update I won't be able to

706 is a good OS. Shrink like heck with BB Boss!!!
    01-07-12 10:03 AM
    Good Morning and Happy New Year to all!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their New Year. I saw Dr. Prince had posted and thought I better check in. Don't want to end up on the Docs couch or show.
    My New Year is all about change , as I have completed the sale of my home in Scottsdale and have moved out of Arizona and on to Bend Oregon. I am really looking forward to getting involved with the very relaxed but active lifestyle that is Central Oregon. I just got here two days ago and it already snowed!
    As for phones, my trusty commando is really suiting me just fine. Very solid, but very reliable as well which are the best qualities anyway I think. I've come to realize that I don't need the latest thing these days, as long as it does what I need I'm good with it.
    Congrats to all the ramblers rocking their new devices, but also congrats to all the 9650 users as well. It just goes to show how solid those Bolds were and still are. That's awesome. It's a shame RIM can't seem to get it together and get the BB10 going. It seems kinda iffy as to when it might ever show up in our hands. Talk seems to be one device first then maybe another later, with the first being all touch. Guess we'll see since it's all speculation for now. Bend is a no LTE zone with no timeline as to when they might get it so by the time they do I'm thinking most of the bugs will be worked out. I can say tho the 3G signal here is top notch and very quick with full bars most everywhere.
    Best of luck in the new year to all my rambling friends. See ya on the flip side.
    01-07-12 10:45 AM
    F2,
    Ahem! Still using OS5? You are a riot! Well, if it works for you...go for it!!!

Now as for backing up. I believe using BBSAK to back up third party apps still works. You should be left with a folder of cods. I wonder why it isn't working for you? I will try tonight myself as I haven't backed up much in a while...

I am looking forward to the 9930 when my plan is up. I'm not waiting for a fire sale but if one comes along...well, who am I to stand in the way of a smoking American Express card?

Photos...please of the Dolomites!!! In a larger resolution so I can hang them in my office???here's an email if you prefer:
    jomarie

Thanks F2!!! Happy New Year!
    Well, expect two pics at the moment!!!!

I have not actually printed any so I have no idea how they will translate to paper.

F2
    01-09-12 12:07 PM
    Good Morning and Happy New Year to all!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their New Year. I saw Dr. Prince had posted and thought I better check in. Don't want to end up on the Docs couch or show.
    My New Year is all about change , as I have completed the sale of my home in Scottsdale and have moved out of Arizona and on to Bend Oregon. I am really looking forward to getting involved with the very relaxed but active lifestyle that is Central Oregon. I just got here two days ago and it already snowed!
    As for phones, my trusty commando is really suiting me just fine. Very solid, but very reliable as well which are the best qualities anyway I think. I've come to realize that I don't need the latest thing these days, as long as it does what I need I'm good with it.
    Congrats to all the ramblers rocking their new devices, but also congrats to all the 9650 users as well. It just goes to show how solid those Bolds were and still are. That's awesome. It's a shame RIM can't seem to get it together and get the BB10 going. It seems kinda iffy as to when it might ever show up in our hands. Talk seems to be one device first then maybe another later, with the first being all touch. Guess we'll see since it's all speculation for now. Bend is a no LTE zone with no timeline as to when they might get it so by the time they do I'm thinking most of the bugs will be worked out. I can say tho the 3G signal here is top notch and very quick with full bars most everywhere.
    Best of luck in the new year to all my rambling friends. See ya on the flip side.
    Welcome to the (in your case) Almost pacific northWET. Bend has grown incredibly in the last 10 to 15 years.
    01-09-12 12:12 PM
    Well, expect two pics at the moment!!!!

I have not actually printed any so I have no idea how they will translate to paper.

F2
    OMG F2!!!!
    Thank you so much! Those are gorgeous photos!!!
    I think I will have them done at a size larger than 8 x10...so they should translate fine to paper!!!

Not sure of the size but gosh! What beautiful shots!
    Didn't you have one with the orange highlights on the mountain tops?
    That one would be cool too!!!

Thank you so much!!
    01-09-12 12:54 PM
    OMG F2!!!!
    Thank you so much! Those are gorgeous photos!!!
    I think I will have them done at a size larger than 8 x10...so they should translate fine to paper!!!

Not sure of the size but gosh! What beautiful shots!
    Didn't you have one with the orange highlights on the mountain tops?
    That one would be cool too!!!

Thank you so much!!
    That one is coming. So you had no problems getting 2 at a time?

I am pretty much sending the FULL image that my camera captured.
    01-09-12 03:37 PM
    Welcome to the (in your case) Almost pacific northWET. Bend has grown incredibly in the last 10 to 15 years.
    Thanks F2, your up this way someplace aren't you? We've had very little rain for the past couple weeks, a little snow tho. I just caught the Portland weather guy and he says unseasonably dry for at least another week. Not sure how much Portland area weather makes it this way, but compared to the super polluted and blistering, furnace like summers in the Valley of the toooo much sun, I'm digging everything that comes my way.
    If you've been to Bend then you know the downtown area and across the river from Drake park is where I'm at.
    01-09-12 06:39 PM
    Dry spell forecasted for here (seattle), too.

If I recall, Bend Brewing had really good sweet potato fries? Or have I confused it with another place.
    01-09-12 07:54 PM

If I recall, Bend Brewing had really good sweet potato fries? Or have I confused it with another place.
    OK there's something I could get into...sweet potato fries!!!!!
    YUMMMMMM
    Now you're talking F2 !!
    01-09-12 08:06 PM
    OK there's something I could get into...sweet potato fries!!!!!
    YUMMMMMM
    Now you're talking F2 !!
    Actually, I believe they are misnamed - they are YAM fries! I actually just had a baked SWEET potato with my salmon dinner and brussel sprouts. Maybe I will finish it off with a gun and tonic.
    01-09-12 09:07 PM
    Hey Ramblers I gotta tell you guys that I am loving this 706. But I did notice tonight while I was watching Bama beat LSU when my phone was on the couch next to me and suddenly it rebooted. I've been running 706 for a couple of days with no issues. Has anyone noticed a rebooting problem with this OS? I'm hoping it's just a one time thing.
    01-09-12 10:51 PM

We're staying dry but going to get colder. O.K. by me.
    I'll keep an eye out for the yamfries.
    01-10-12 12:15 AM
    Hey Ramblers I gotta tell you guys that I am loving this 706. But I did notice tonight while I was watching Bama beat LSU when my phone was on the couch next to me and suddenly it rebooted. I've been running 706 for a couple of days with no issues. Has anyone noticed a rebooting problem with this OS? I'm hoping it's just a one time thing.
    Prince,
    Been using it for a while and have not had a rebooting issue.
    Signal strength good? No new apps?
    I believe you might find some info about this issue in the 706 thread?
    01-10-12 06:12 AM
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAYDEE!!!!!

The most helpful, honest, fun loving Queen I know!!!!

Have a FANTASTIC day!!!!!
    01-10-12 06:57 AM
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAYDEE!!!!!

The most helpful, honest, fun loving Queen I know!!!!

Have a FANTASTIC day!!!!!
    Aww shucks!
    Thanks Hamster!!
    01-10-12 07:03 AM
    Prince,
    Been using it for a while and have not had a rebooting issue.
    Signal strength good? No new apps?
    I believe you might find some info about this issue in the 706 thread?
    Signal strength is good, no new apps. Battery life is not as good. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days. By the way Jaydee Happy Birthday!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-10-12 08:00 AM
    Is it the queens birthday? Happy 30th birthday. Or somewhere around there.

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-10-12 09:36 AM
    Is it the queens birthday? Happy 30th birthday. Or somewhere around there.

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk
    30? haha You didn't see my version of a cake...

01-10-12 09:42 AM
    Happy Birthday JayDee!

01-10-12 09:56 AM
    Thanks Midd!!!
    (And all the Ramblers!!)
    01-10-12 10:54 AM
    30? haha You didn't see my version of a cake...

Click to view quoted image
    We foolishly did something like that for an 80th - candles wide-spread and closing in on each other - almost burned the house down!!!!

Happy Birthday - consider those pictures a present. And I want to see a picture of your office after they are on display!!!!
    01-10-12 03:05 PM
23,186 ... 694695696697698 ...