So by throttled, you mean slower speeds. And I would notice that by: bbms taking longer to go through? Slower web page redraws? what else? I will have to keep an eye on these things but I don't think I ever get close enough for VZW to care what I'm doing.
    You'll see a difference when you download pics, apps, or stream data. Really, anything that draws data, except for BBM and email. Those are typically so small that you likely won't see a slowdown with those.

Jim might be able to tell you if Big Red sends some kind of notice that you've crossed the line.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-27-11 at 12:32 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-27-11 12:29 PM
    In November I used half a GB. By far my highest usage.
    I will see what happens for the next billing cycle which coincided with holiday music and will end somewhat before xmas. I don't really use any web data as I use my laptops for that.

I never get close to 2 GB
    Jaydee u will never reach it. U use wifi most of the time and that doesn't count toward it. I use wifi also most of the time.

sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    11-27-11 12:52 PM
    I hope all my fellow Ramblers had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Hamster, I have had good luck with the 9930. Mine was a Mexican build but so far no issues. The battery life is not as good as my 9650 but I can still get through the day without any problems. Then again, I am not a heavy user. I had my reservations about the touch screen and touch pad. The touch screen has grown on me. I am glad I have both options. The keyboard is great. I thoroughly enjoy the larger keys considering my limited typing skills. I am using the verizon 374 OS and have no plans to use a hybrid yet. To date, I am very glad I made the purchase.
    My replacement 9930 has been great. The battery life isn't as good as 9650s, but with a thinner battery that's to be expected. I have found myself trying to click the touchscreen, taking me back to my Storm days. The 374 OS is very stable, and I have yet to see a spinning clock. As for hybrids.... since they don't fix any bugs....

Hopefully 7.1 will be along real soon.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    11-28-11 08:20 AM
    Great Paul. Glad u r liking the 9930. I might look at it when my upgrade comes up. But by then there will be newer bb out. Lol.

11-28-11 08:50 AM
    I have to agree, Paul. This 9930 runs really well on stock 374. I loaded the 374-540 hybrid this weekend just because I was bored. I don't see any real difference. Battery might be a little better, but not by a lot. I won't do it again until 7.1 drops.
    11-28-11 09:00 AM
    Thanks guys for the input on the 9930. Now I REALLY want it

Oh well. Maybe someone will get it for me for Christmas
    11-28-11 10:08 AM
    I have to agree, Paul. This 9930 runs really well on stock 374. I loaded the 374-540 hybrid this weekend just because I was bored. I don't see any real difference. Battery might be a little better, but not by a lot. I won't do it again until 7.1 drops.
    I never ran the 254 was it came with, someone told me to go right to 374. Might have been you. I removed the Help app, Verizon PTT and VVM and installed a few apps. It runs smooth as silk. I even left crApp World if that's any indication of it's performance.
    11-28-11 11:41 AM
    Well it was a good Thanksgiving weekend. Fished every day but no muskie. I was the only one to catch anything (one 5lb bass and one smaller bass). But fishing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday was fun. Sure beats having to go shopping!

Glad to hear those of you with the 9930 are liking it. I would love to have the 9930 but I still have a year left before I can upgrade so it's 9650 for me until than.
    11-28-11 04:05 PM
    Glad to hear those of you with the 9930 are liking it. I would love to have the 9930 but I still have a year left before I can upgrade so it's 9650 for me until than.
    I can think of worse things, like being stuck with a 9550 for another year!!!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eboots-673086/
    11-29-11 05:04 PM
    I can think of worse things, like being stuck with a 9550 for another year!!!!!
    That's VERY true!
    11-29-11 07:54 PM
    Interesting.
    11-29-11 07:59 PM
    I know this is showing up in general discussion, but anybody here have any insights into the carrierIQ issue reported today? Seems folks are not sure if the internal keystroke logging monster is on the Blackberry. It is on the android OS.
    11-30-11 09:37 PM
    Sorry Runkle. I did not read about it nor do I understand what you are talking about. ould you explain a bit further please?

Thanks!

Morning All!!
    12-01-11 06:12 AM
    Is there an extended battery that fits the stock battery space for this unit?
    12-01-11 06:30 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

12-01-11 06:48 AM
    Is there an extended battery that fits the stock battery space for this unit?
    Hey Chrisy!
    The extended battery (which I use all the time) is a bit larger and creates a kind of lump on the back of your phone. It makes it larger than the hard cases that they sell for the 9650. You can, however, make a skin case or a case-mate case stretch to fit over it.
    12-01-11 06:51 AM
    Great, thanks for that info! I think imma get one today!
    12-01-11 07:09 AM
    I used an 1800mAh on my bold. It fits the same space.
    12-01-11 07:34 AM
    Interesting.
    lol......there's more than one newbie in that thread apparently
    12-01-11 07:55 AM
    I know this is showing up in general discussion, but anybody here have any insights into the carrierIQ issue reported today? Seems folks are not sure if the internal keystroke logging monster is on the Blackberry. It is on the android OS.
    They are saying Blackberries have it, but keep in mind only Android was used to test it. I would be pretty surprised if BB, with all there security for business use would allow it. Now Android is another thing. Google is all about getting your info so Droid users most certainly should be concerned.
    12-01-11 09:49 AM
    lol......there's more than one newbie in that thread apparently
    And they let them be mods.
    12-01-11 09:50 AM
    Saw this post about carrier iq and blackberries on the businessinsider website. BlackBerry Carrier IQ
    12-01-11 11:02 AM
    I read that Runkle. That's why I think it isn't on BBs. RIM is all (or mostly) about providing secure email and phone use. As I said the original article state the company that did the test did not test the BBs.
    12-01-11 11:30 AM
    And they let them be mods.
    Duh!

10char
    12-01-11 07:56 PM
    Morning Ramblers!
    I decided to take the plunge and load the new 706 OS on my BabyBold.
    So fr so good. It does seem to move faster but its all relative. I haven't noticed any battery diff yet, although while setting it up, the battery dropped like a stone. I do have the extended which I use all the time so I'm not very worried. But I will do a few "unofficial" observations and let you know what I think anyway.

I couldn't get my email to work after the install nor did BeBuzz want to work. But once I resent the service books and re reg the hrt then Be Buzz decided to recognize the fact that I DO indeed have email and it was all good. Of course, it was a perfect reason for a gun and tonic....

Happy Sunday!
    12-04-11 07:21 AM
23,186 ... 689690691692693 ...